Why did you choose your moniker (name you write under)?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (25 posts)
  1. fastfreta profile image75
    fastfretaposted 14 years ago

I use fastfreta because I do everything fast, talk, walk etc.  My friend and former business partner gave me that name.  When we went into business together we were looking for a name and she suggested Fastfreta's Delivery Service.  I, however didn't like that entirely and changed it to Freta's Fast Delivery and Errand Service.  Now, however I've come to embrace the name and live by it.  What's your story?

1. wsp2469 profile image60
      wsp2469posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is my email address.
      my boss at todaysrecipepro.com chose it for me when she signed me up in here.
      I use my last name in my closing now.
      people who actually talk to me via e-mail on occasion know my other names.

2. fishtiger58 profile image69
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

I use fishtiger because it's near and dear to my heart. I am a woman who loves to fish and ice fish and when I was 1 my father started to call me tiger. He called me tiger till the day he passed away. He was my best friend. I wanted tigerfish but couldn't get it so I turned it around. I have used this name for over 10 years on many sites. I do this to honor my dad.

3. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Lady_E is a nickname given to me by friends. The E is for Elena. (my real name) smile

4. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 14 years ago

Hi, my real name is Melanie Loveridge, but I am sick to death of calling myself Mel. everytime someone calls me it sounds like a cat meowing! melll mellll!!!! so now I call myself Nell and Rose was my Grans name. Much better. I think we should all be able to choose our own names, don't you? cheers

5. Gina Coole profile image61
    Gina Cooleposted 14 years ago

This is the name I use in real life.  (OK I was christened Jean but I think Gina is Cooler!)

6. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

My screen name is my attitude, whether it be reality, work and/or boredom into play, irreverence, or plain old tomfoolery.

7. DogSiDaed profile image59
    DogSiDaedposted 14 years ago

It's based on a story my Uncle once told me, and not Satanic like some have suggested >.<

8. Veronica Allen profile image68
    Veronica Allenposted 14 years ago

My sister and I are only 10 months apart and we share so many things, so my moniker was inspired by her.

9. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

fishtiger - that's sweet smile

I live in Wyandotte and I use the city e-mail account:
    wyan.org.

get it? WyanDOTTE? I love this quirky place.

Jennifer is "American" for Guinevere, as my Scottish grandparents explained. But I'm a Jen, not a Gwen.
    So, when I'm working from home, I use wyanjen.

10. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

I used to use the character name Dennotairn on another oline venue,everyone called me Denno, add to that my birthyear; simple enough. big_smile

1. wyanjen profile image70
      wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh.

Your real name isn't Denno? Oh.
      And here I've been thinking 66 is the Number of the Sheep Beast.

Dude, I was way off.

Now I'm wondering what secret meaning "Bill Manning" has. I mean, he claims he's an honest guy, but...
      lol
      j/k Bill.

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, you were kinda close...um, nah not really... big_smile

11. Bill Manning profile image67
    Bill Manningposted 14 years ago

I picked my real name because I try to be honest and professional. I have nothing to hide and use my own face on my profile too.

12. Highvoltagewriter profile image68
    Highvoltagewriterposted 14 years ago

I once wrote a song called "Sharp Toothed Hunger" and in thet song I have a line that has "High voltage Animal" in it and I changed that to Highvoltagewritter!

13. Highvoltagewriter profile image68
    Highvoltagewriterposted 14 years ago

So were did every one go?? hmm

14. Christene profile image60
    Christeneposted 14 years ago

It's my first name. big_smile

15. Arthur Fontes profile image75
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

I use the name my mama gave me except I am a III third I do not use that so I do not get mistaken for royalty.

16. lakeerieartists profile image63
    lakeerieartistsposted 14 years ago

It's the name of my gallery.

17. profile image0
    ysdataposted 14 years ago

In the real world I run a Data Processing business.  Therefore my initials + data is where ysdata comes from.

18. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 14 years ago

I use brimancandy at a couple other sites. But, I also belong to several forums using a different name. I began to feel that name didn't fit me anymore, so I put a bunch of stuff together to create the name I am using now.

bri-short for my name "Brian"
    man-which is obvious
    Candy- because I happen to like candy.

I have also been told that I am a nice piece of mancandy by various people. (Which I find halarious!)So I just put it all together in one word. I kind of like it.

brimancandy.

My other identities included boring things like various years
    2000, 2007 and 1965. Or, words like "Stud" and "Whitey boy"
    Got bored with those pretty quick.

19. twuxedo profile image57
    twuxedoposted 14 years ago

I live in A boRing Village ans dant to meet people on a honest siht not a chat room, is this tehe place, or not?

20. profile image0
    isis_dreams2002posted 14 years ago

for my love of ancient Egypt

21. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I joined when HP was appr.close to 1 year old, I did not have any idea what my name could be or should have been, there were not many of us back then so I chose my married last name. Now I know how boring it is especially after I have seen some hilarious ones! lololo big_smile

22. salt profile image59
    saltposted 14 years ago

I love water. Salt is short for salt water. I also use Saltwater mermaid or bluesalt, or even bluemermaid on other sites.

I swim most days and love finding new beaches. Where we live now is in a Bay and we dont have surf beaches as such, although we've had a few waves lately.

There are fantastic surf beaches within an hour or 2 from here that we go to at least once a fortnight and I am looking forward to travelling more and finding great spots.

I have been really lucky to always live not far from the ocean and I used to do environmental campaigning as well, so the sea is very close to my soul.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)