If Ad-Sense has taken advantage of you?

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (69 posts)
  1. Harvey Stelman profile image60
    Harvey Stelmanposted 14 years ago

Hubbers,

Presently Ad-Sense has deleted me for TOS. This means I can no longer earn money. The reason for this is a friend was trying to help me by clicking on Google Ads, I am handicapped. I did not know of this at the time.

The story goes on, but Hub will block this for duplication. The privacy of every e-mail you have sent is in Googles hands. I'm thinking of filing a suit against them.

I'm sure Google has held your money at one time or another. If I choose to go class action (which everyone everywhere can be a part of); who would be with me? Or just add story.

We are all being taken advantage of.

Harvey

1. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Harvey,

This may come as a surprise to you, but when you sign up for any online service, part of signing up involves agreeing to Terms of Service (sometimes also called a User Agreement).  There is wording in those documents that state that by signing up, you agree that you've read the entire TOS and that you accept those legal rules and conditions.

So, by opening an AdSense account, you told Google that you'd read all their rules, understood them and agreed to them.  You can be mad at them all you want, but accepting their terms, told them that you knew that click fraud would get your account banned.

Harvey Stelmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

rel,

They ask if you want to appeal, and ever get back to you.

2. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

You don't need to file lawsuit harvey, you'll just end up wasting time. By the way what reason they gave you for deletion ?Is it invalid click ? or content ?

If invalid clicks are not from you and some people are clicking on your ads to get you ban then ask support about those suspicious activities, they'll restore your account, this happened with some blogger.

And reason i'm telling you for not to file suit is you'll waste lot of time with it and end up in negative as there will be no good relation from them in future and there is no high CPC payer as well. If adsense is  your only advertiser here on Hub then better move to blog and install (kontera/infolink/Yahoo) and start making content, that will be more productive.

Just my 2 cents of suggestion.

sky,

Did you know Google also has every e-mail you've ever writte? I've Googled myself and found e-mails I've written to friends there to be seen by everyone.

Which support am I supposed to ask? Hub doesn't seem to be able to do anything and how do I find Google support? They keep me going in circles, and never respond.

Do you have a link for Google Support?

Thanks for giving me hope, I reaally don't want to go legal. Keep in mind, know one has given them permission to see ther e-mails.

Harvey

3. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Harvey, as I told you already, you need to educate yourself in how things work. You will have very hard time trying to convince any knowledgeable person that google reads your emails - because it's a myth.

The only way you can find your emails on the Internet is when you or your correspondent or somebody else having access to your or their mailbox publish it there, intentionally or not. smile

That said, BigG definitely has access to your gmail account, if you use one - but again they won't publish your email, they are not idiots. smile

4. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Here is the link for Google Adsense Harvey

https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/request.py

sky,

Thank you very much for the link, I usually can't find it.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

As in law...ignorance is not an acceptable defense.

UW,

If a friend keeps clicking on your ads; how would you know? I guess that would make YOU ignorant also.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am talking about the fact that they say ignorance of the law is no excuse.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
          Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Harvey, she's right.  Ignorance is not a defence in the real world and it's not a defence online either.  It's unfortunate that your friend did the wrong thing but there's really nothing you can do about it.

Some online entrepreneurs check their Adsense account regularly for any sign that clicks have spiked unexpectedly, because they know this is such a risk.  But read some of Nelle's forum posts, where she's lost affiliate accounts (sometimes for no apparent reason) and has simply picked herself up and found alternatives.  It's the way of the internet.

1. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63
            Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ignorance actually is a defense in many cases, if you read most laws they read very specifically " one who knowingly or intentionally"

2. Harvey Stelman profile image60

Marisa,

That doesn't pertain to Google stealing all your e-mails, and there must be a loop-hole on third parties.

UW,

That is one saying, I'm not going to get into others, but that does not pertain to what happened legally. That pertains to when a person does something and didn't know. This pertains to a third party.

6. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

I think what happened with Harvey's emails is he sent one to a friend, and they probably posted the contents to a website.  Once you hit send you never know what others might do with it.

sweetie,

I have no idea, but thanks.

7. efeguy profile image41
    efeguyposted 14 years ago

no need to file any suit.once Google ban nothing you can do.

move on

efe,

Not necessarily true. If a lawyer finds a loop-hole, anything is possible. 0Did you ever think a lady would win for spilling coffe on her lap, because it was too hot?

1. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes and she deserved it!

McFact No. 1:  For years, McDonald's had known they had a problem with the way they make their coffee - that their coffee was served much hotter (at least 20 degrees more so) than at other restaurants.

McFact No. 2:  McDonald's knew its coffee sometimes caused serious injuries - more than 700 incidents of scalding coffee burns in the past decade have been settled by the Corporation - and yet they never so much as consulted a burn expert regarding the issue.

McFact No. 3:  The woman involved in this infamous case suffered very serious injuries - third degree burns on her groin, thighs and buttocks that required skin grafts and a seven-day hospital stay.

McFact No. 4:  The woman, an 81-year old former department store clerk who had never before filed suit against anyone, said she wouldn't have brought the lawsuit against McDonald's had the Corporation not dismissed her request for compensation for medical bills.

McFact No. 5:  A McDonald's quality assurance manager testified in the case that the Corporation was aware of the risk of serving dangerously hot coffee and had no plans to either turn down the heat or to post warning about the possibility of severe burns, even though most customers wouldn't think it was possible.

McFact No. 6:  After careful deliberation, the jury found McDonald's was liable because the facts were overwhelmingly against the company. When it came to the punitive damages, the jury found that McDonald's had engaged in willful, reckless, malicious, or wanton conduct, and rendered a punitive damage award of 2.7 million dollars. (The equivalent of just two days of coffee sales, McDonalds Corporation generates revenues in excess of 1.3 million dollars daily from the sale of its coffee, selling 1 billion cups each year.)

McFact No. 7:  On appeal, a judge lowered the award to $480,000, a fact not widely publicized in the media.

McFact No. 8:  A report in Liability Week, September 29, 1997, indicated that Kathleen Gilliam, 73, suffered first degree burns when a cup of coffee spilled onto her lap. Reports also indicate that McDonald's consistently keeps its coffee at 185 degrees, still approximately 20 degrees hotter than at other restaurants. Third degree burns occur at this temperature in just two to seven seconds, requiring skin grafting, debridement and whirlpool treatments that cost tens of thousands of dollars and result in permanent disfigurement, extreme pain and disability to the victims for many months, and in some cases, years.

The most important message this case has for you, the consumer, is to be aware of the potential danger posed by your early morning pick-me-up. Take extra care to make sure children do not come into contact with scalding liquid, and always look to the facts before rendering your decision about any publicized case.

Courtesy of Legal News and Views, Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers

sun,

Many of those answers have nothing to do with this. Why does Google keep all monies earned before this took place?

2. bgamall profile image68
          bgamallposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Moral to the story: Don't let McD coffee burn you and don't have friends click on google ads. smile

2. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Yes it is time for you to move on. If you try and fool Google and they find out, you'll lose any money due you again. There are lots of ways to make money online. The next time work smarter and know the rules. We all have screwed up somewhere, sometime in this biz. I shudder to think of the mistakes I've made along the way.

Nel,

If yo have a big law firm on retainer.............. Think hard.

3. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 14 years ago

Harvey, are you being serious about legal action or are you just letting off steam?

dark,

I'm in the thinking mode. I also have to contact my legal representation for advice. My latest appeal is now pending. It would be nice to find out how many Hubbers would be with me. I think I'll start a thread.

Thanks for asking; would you be with me?

1. darkside profile image63
          darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As my Adsense Publisher account is in working order, no I wouldn't be.

It would be a case of the only people who win are the lawyers. Or if you represented yourself I imagine there'd be a lot of time, effort and stress being expended for little reward.

I really can't see how you'd win. Adsense have the right to shut down an account that has had fraudulent activity. A friend clicking on your ads for your benefit falls within that violation.

Some questions could be asked (please, don't take them personally, but just illustrating a point) how did your friend know that you would make money from ad clicks? How many times did the friend click on the ads? And over what period of time? Does the friend share the same IP address as you?

Even without asking those questions or the benefit of hindsight Adsense managed to figure out that there was illegal click activity. They have a lot of resources on hand.

Also be aware that your own click activity can be monitored. And I don't mean on ones own ads. But I imagine that a person who is in the habit of clicking on a lot of other peoples ads can easily be tracked. I avoid clicking on all PPC ads whether they are mine or not. As they say, rather be safe than sorry.

I think the most important things to do as an Adsense Publisher is to read the Terms of Service and Programme Policies every now and then. Avoid clicking ads. Watch your statistics for any irregularities. And never forget that Google is big brother.

dark,

In conversation she wanted to know how one makes money on writing sites, I explained it to her. She wrote me thatt she clicked for 20 minutes. I saw I was disabbled and contacted Google. We share no accounts.

Why does Google get to keep everyones money from before. I had $16 in five months, then the problem.

1. profile image0
              Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Harvey you're not making much money with adsense - $16 in 5 months. You're going to sue over this? If you start your own blog you could use Chitika ads. I've made nice money from them and I think their ads are very attractive. Many banned people have gone on to use them and had success.

4. mel22 profile image59
      mel22posted 14 years ago

I worked as maintenance at a Micky d's once and the machine to make the new brews  was not a single  unchangeable temp. it could easliy be set by maintenance and the max of the brewer side would not go over a certain temp and the warmer side never exceeded 119 since 120 is considered hot enough to scald. most were set at 110 or the cutomers would complain about the coffee being cold. I think it was frivolous and was easier to payoff( thousands) than expend that kind of money in lawasuits (millions) over spilled coffee due to customer clumsiness. on the other hand , the old style brewers b4 mocha lattes ,maybe the counter girl grabbed from the 'just finished brew side' and not the warmer side . on the new latte machines its next to impossible to grab from the wrong side unless the cover door is kept open  bcuz the brewer side shuts off if the door is not closed after changing out filters. Must have been a while back since that was in change at least 4 years ago. Anyway Harvey. your friend would not know about clicks paying off for you unless you mentioned that. while mentioning how the system pays you should've told them not to since it says so in the terms of service not to promote others to click. When you told how the system paid you shoulve also told the person not to click. Otherwise we would all tell our friends how the system pays *wink*wink*( to the friend) but forget to mention not to.

Mel,

Don't most friends ask how you make money?

Yes, and when you explain, you also explain why it's important they don't try to "help" you.

And I agree with thisisoli:

"As for Google removing you from Adsense...it's the only way they can counter the huge amount of fraud perpetrated against them every single day."

It's like a lot of law-making these days, measures have to be taken to stop the dishonest, but inevitably a few innocent people get caught up in the net.

Is your email with gmail? Are you searching while you're logged in to Google in any way?  If I search on your name, I can't see a single one of your emails.

Marisa,

You know a man cannot control a lady that has a crush on him

I do not use Gmail, they stole my mail.

I know advice is not much good after the event, but I repeat - if I ever explain to someone in detail how I earn money, I also explain the damage they can do if they try to help me.  It's something to bear in mind if you sign up for other affiliates in future.

Can you post a link to examples - like I say, I've tried to replicate your google search and can't see any emails at all.  What page of the search results do they appear on? 

We're all just wondering, if you're signed in to Google while you're searching, if that changes the results of the search as it pertains to your own name.

2. relache profile image73
          relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I get asked this all the time.

I tell them I earn by writing content.  And if they say, "and do you earn money from that?" then I say yes and I pretty much leave it at that.

And I don't email Hubs to friends or family either.  It's just safer that way.

rel,

I am honest, I answer questions that way.

5. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 14 years ago

old style mocha lattes! lmao

The mcdonalds coffee question referenced was over 15 years ago..and the facts posted are gathered from trial notes.

Does your experience w/ mcd's coffee have any relevance?

getting burned sucks! I once smashed a cash register, a tip jar and every potted plant I could get my hands on at a chinese restaurant.

Why?

The egg roll they handed me to eat shot boiling oil onto my lip and chin which blistered instantly. I asked for ice and they claimed to not understand and tried to sell me water instead. I responded by annihilating the place.

I could only imagine what an entire cup full of scalding liquid would feel like on my groin and inner thighs...skin grafts! ...that wasnt customer clumsiness, that was employee/corporate foolishness and negligence.

Good point on the "op's" friend though...should have explained the whole story it seems.

get a new account and a new ip

6. mel22 profile image59
      mel22posted 14 years ago

Thats why i said must been the old style brewer where the lady made the mistake grabbing from the wrong side from the old days b4 they got the new style latte machines... in fact they probably were designed that way to prevent accidental scalding from earlier cases.i used to fix them and maintain the equipment and set the controls and sensors on that stuff in regional maintanence when they broke down.  my point was ppl r 'sue' happy these days. They go to  a fast food expecting hot food but then complain when its not and 'sue' when its there fault. your situation was different and they were negligent for going direct from oil fryer to customer.

never heard of the coffee issue only the one about the guy sueing for getting fat bcuz he was UNAWARE! now thats funny. anyone who does not know fast food is made in  GREASE fryers is either really dumb or ... as I said... sue happy!

As far as relevance w/coffee mach. maint. , i only added that because you seemed to go on a McFact rant!LOL

I cleaned hot 350 deg.burning oil fryers for a year b4 movibng to the reg maint. and never once sued when i accidentally got hot grease on my elbow or accidentally spilled on my foot. although it burned like hell and scarred me. some people are just babies about it. 110 degree coffee cannot scald even to the point of First degree burns.. thety're more like whelts! Painful but nothing to sue for half a million over!

7. sunforged profile image71

Wow, never heard of the McD's coffee case? It was considered by many to be the epitome of a "frivolous lawsuit" ..the public thought.."wow, some stupid woman spilled her coffee and got millions of dollars" but in actuality the old woman got 3rd degree burns on her thighs, groin, butt and perineum  !

but heres the case..Im sure you will hear it referenced many times in the future http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v. … estaurants

as far as 110 degrees..everyone agrees with you, the temp has been dropped considerably since the lawsuit and resulting publicity

The trial took place from August 8–17, 1994, before Judge Robert H. Scott.[13] During the case, Liebeck's attorneys discovered that McDonald's required franchises to serve coffee at 180–190 °F (82–88 °C). At that temperature, the coffee would cause a third-degree burn in two to seven seconds.

My point about relevance was asking..were you doing maintenance on machines 15 years ago...which seemed unlikel7y as you mentioned "latte" machines which are relatively new.

8. mel22 profile image59
      mel22posted 14 years ago

actually ,i just read the case b4 you posted and if they did serve the coffee back then at 185 then that was complete lack of safety guilines compared to the stricrt guidelines there now.. but with that said they did find the lady 20 percent at fault and warnings... no excuse me.. "reminders" were on the styrofoam cups at the time.. no i didnt work there 15 years ago it was more like 4 to 5 so 11 years b4 me being there... might be wrong about 120 setting might have been more like 140 or 150,,can't remember now but anyway why r we talking coffee burns again...

oh harvey sueing....

9. sunforged profile image71

Harvey mentioned the McD's coffee case in a manner suggesting it was frivolous.

I posted the "McFacts"

You denied some "mcFacts" (because your experience is from new McD's)

and that is why we were still talking McDs coffee!

I actually posted a case for Harvey earlier referencing a person who sued google successfully for being released from the adsense program and having their funds taken.

So it can be done. But not in Harveys case. The McDs coffee case is more interesting in my book...Ive read the google cancelled me for no reason thread a hundred times

sun,

I have other points to add. I'm starting a thread asking; who will join me?

10. mel22 profile image59
      mel22posted 14 years ago

In all actuality , the frivolous part of the case does seem to wash away in this particular case as I would,ve never thought a billion dollar company like mc'd's would be stupid enough to actually set coffee warmers at 185 dgrees.. talk about lack of a safety manager.. wow. i think 120 or 130 is enought scald 140 1 st degree and up from there... i still think it may have been a case of grabbing from the just brewed side instead of at the lower temp warmer side... which would still be on mc'ds liability for not teaching employees so they needed a failsafe way... thats why i think those new style latte machines r "dumb" designed so servers in a rush don't grab the wrong one that just got done boiling. In this case after reading I suppose I might give her the benefit of doubt ,if in fact, those temps were set that high bcuz regardless if someone knew it was hot they did not realize it was scaldin... excuse. me .. Third degree hot...
      Yowser! When i would drain oil from fryers back in the day even the oil burners would slowly cool down to about 185 b4 removing and even that temp was unimagineably hot!  McFact #5 just seems odd to me though// that statement sounds like it was written by the winners point of view... Strange!

11. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63
      Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years ago

Actually that person who sued Google and won ended up losing on appeal, the person won $761 and then Google fought it because they knew if one person had won a suit then more would try and follow, the appeals court sided with Google in it's claim that basically by joining their program and agreeing to their terms which basically state they can close your account for pretty much "any" reason then you don't have much of a chance. Somewhere down the line no doubt it will happen just like it did with every other big company that pretty much took over the entire market in their industry, it just hasn't gotten there yet.

1. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

funny, ive never run into that information...\http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/020177.html

seems a lot of sites didnt bother to update...perhaps if publisher hadnt broken tos so clearly,,

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/aaron-gre … 13176.html

1. Misha profile image63
          Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes I feel as an invisible man lol

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/33598?page=2#post750123

12. mel22 profile image59
      mel22posted 14 years ago

At the least they should pay off from the account what was earned b4 the fraudulent clicks and then end the affiliation. He said somethin like 80 or 90 was there.. i wonder how much was earned b4 the bad clicks happened. At least pay out that amount and end it.

13. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years ago

Now, I like you a lot.  I think you are really cool, but adsense is a business and clicking on ads is fraudulant and they aren't a charity.  They dont care if people have disabilities, they are just concerned with their business model.  Hard, but true.

Just as an alternative view... suppose you are a struggling business and have signed up for adwords.  You would hope that people that click on your ads were genuine.  You need to have sales to survive.  Is it fair to steal off them?  It is them who have to pay for the clicks.

If you need financial assistance, is there any other way of getting money?

I hope you read this message with good intent x

14. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 14 years ago

First off, if you spill coffee on your lap and then try to sue for it, you are a bad person, period.

when it comes to google reading your e-mails, you can easily link up google search to your e-mail account, and Google Desktop search is generally linked to your email accounts as well.

Google do not collect this information, or distribute it to other people, technical mis-understandings just mean you would be wasting your own money.

Google will ban your account if they detect click fraud, saying it was your friend who kept clicking on the ads will not make any difference, nor will they release the money. (For the same reason the police would not release the cut from a bank job to the guy who planned it, even though it was his colleagues who tried to rob the bank.)

While your circumstances are obviously much lower down in the scheme of things, google has to be very careful when dealing with thousands of fraudulent applications each and every week.

I do sympathise with you, and your situation is why I always tell all my friends to never click the adverts on my website, and why the Digital Point Forums recently removed their rev Sharing feature.

There are other advertising opportunities out there for you, try optimising your hubs with Amazon or eBay!
      I make a lot more through these than Adsense ever could!

15. Sufidreamer profile image78
      Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

Who said that?

I'm hearing the Russian voices in my head again hmm

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Does it speak with a Vodka accent hehe
        Good to cya surfi big_smile

2. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Sufi. Are they saying something about too much ouzo? it's normal and expected after the Saturday night lol

Hi Kiwi smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
          Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mishaaaaa  s'up smile
          Last time I was on here you were on vacation , so is everyone behaving on here ,any new nutters wandering the hallways  lol

2. Sufidreamer profile image78
          Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

More like 'not enough Ouzo.' Maybe it's Boris Yeltsin - it also keeps telling me to slap young ladies on the backside hmm

I know one Russian guy in Sparta and I have never seen a man drink so much vodka and live. Tough old bugger.

Hi Kiwi - Good to have you back. There are always nutters on HP - I was never quite sure where they came from. smile

16. thisisoli profile image71

Harvey, what exactly would you be going against Google for?

I dont want to see you throw away bad moeny after good.

You cannot go after Google because of the problem with your mail, you are the only one with access to your own data.  Your mail is secure, and only you can search through it via google search, unless it is published online by yourself or the recipient.

As for Google removing you from Adsense, they do state clearly that accounts involved with click fraud will be terminated, it's the only way they can counter the huge amount of fraud perpetrated against them every single day.

While they do sometimes re-activate accounts, how can you prove that your friend was not asked to click repeatedly in order to boost your earnings?

Being kicked from Google is not the end of the world, start working with other advertisers instead!

this,

Incorrect! I Googled myself and found a few e-mails there that I had sent to friends. They MUST have access to everything we write. I don't even use G-mail.

17. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years ago

It's a complete waste of time, because of GOOGLE's TOS. You would be wasting your money to file a suit against them. smile

cag,

Why worry about my mony?

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's not only a waste of money, but it's also a waste of time.

You spend your money on lawyers, all for what? A measly few dollars. You should have kept your mouth shut about how you earn from HubPages, other than whatever products you sold.

If you sold no products, and you told them that you make money by visitors clicking links. It's just like you handing a gun to someone else and telling them to kill the other person. You are just as guilty as the person who pulled the trigger.

You may have not told this person about the RULES in place about clicks? Which is directly your fault? So, again, I find your argument a complete waste of time, energy and resources.

So, enjoy whatever action you plan on taking. Either way, my opinion is it's foolish and useless.

cag,

After consulting with my attorney's, I will make a decision.

18. thisisoli profile image71

I have just read the article on the guy who won the $760 from Google, and not only was the article one sided (the writer was the one who filed the claim) he also states himself that he broke Googles terms of service.

Considering how adamant he sounds in his sorry tale, he sounds more like a schoolboy who was caught with his hand in the cookie jar. He petulantly admits that he broke the terms of service and then later tries to rationalise it. 

In the end he also lost the money on that court case, and looking at all the bad press he got afterwards, he lost all of his credability too.

Don't get me wrong, I think Google are way too harsh on their publisher, but I can see why they have to do it too. Some communication would be nice, but if you had to stop thousands of fraudsters every day, how would you manage?

The only thing you can do, as with all online publisher companies, is play things straight as an arrow, and remind your friends not to click on your adverts.

Or seeing that they're not likely to be the readership you're after, don't tell your friends about your articles at all.

this,

How do you control a lady that has a crush on you; it's impossible.

Now you have an out. If you want to break all contact with her just tell her she's to blame for losing your Adsense account.

19. profile image0

Generally my experience mirrors that of Relache. I tell them I am an onine sales rep and that I make sites to sell things for companies. Very few want more info. But if they do, I send them to my affiliate sites that don't have adsense or ebay on them. There's no harm that they can do there.

Nel,

I will never open my mouth again.

20. thisisoli profile image71

Yeah I have sent a few warm sector possibilities my amazon A-store link (Warm sector = family and friends) However my profit from that is nothing compared to my online advertisements!

Darkside is pretty much spot on, the only people who really know my sites have been warned, but most people I talk to about it are kept in the dark regarding my actual websites!

21. profile image0

I'm having a hard time understanding how the "stolen email" relates to you being banned from google. You say your friend clicked on ads for 20 minutes. (And are you really sure that there wasn't more clicking? How many people have you told about your online endeavors?) I don't think Google needed email to figure out something was going on. Especially if you live near her.

I can't find any of my email when I google my name. And I can't find any of yours.

22. thisisoli profile image71

More the reason for telling her not to click on your adverts!

As to Google stealing your e-mails... Google has no reason, profit or otherwise to steal your emails and place them on the internet.  Believe it or not but Google is not out to get you, and Gmail emails are private. 

If you use Outlook, Thunderbird or other mainstream email applications, Google Search can halp you find emails fast with their search functionality.

Google can also search gmail, and hotmail if configured for it. They do not take your emails and make them available online.

I did a quick search for your email, and found it as a comcast email address, do you use outlook for this? and have you ever used Google Desktop Search or Google Toolbar?

If this is the case google indexes your emails on your computer, not their own servers, and provides a fast, free way to search your own emails, as well as the internet, combining the results.  No one else can find your emails online, since they are stored on your computer.

If this is not the case, then somebody else has put them online in some form or other.

There is no particular point for me to argue this, other than in a vague attempt to improve your understanding of the subject, before you waste your time and money arguing the point.  If you take this further then people will argue the point with technical information which will certainly prove you wrong.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)