Is this ethical in Wicca?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (42 posts)
  1. profile image49
    purewildironposted 14 years ago

My husband has abducted my twin daughters despite the fact that I am the custodial parent. He has ignored them for 10 years but they will turn 13 on Feb. 21 this year and they have just hit menarche.  This frightens me because 2 years ago, he was hand fasted in a Wiccan ceremony (by a Wiccan priest who openly impregnated and married his own 14 year old stepdaughter without consequence to him.)  The woman my husband "married" (no disrespect to Wicca, just bigamy) grew up next door to him and in fact, my husband impregnated HER when he was 21 and SHE was 14,(also without consequence.)  The subsequent abortion robbed her of her ability to have children.  I think this mess started as his attempt to give her children,(mine), but he has now dumped her. Her myspace page says he "decided he didn't love me anymore." In court, he is claiming protection of his actions as part of the Wiccan religion.  Are my daughters at risk since they have now begun menses?  Thank you for any direction you feel able to give me.

1. spirituality profile image57
      spiritualityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Freedom of religion does not mean he can break the law. He's just grasping at straws here.

Do fight for your girls, they need you to.

2. TheGlassSpider profile image64
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What is going on here has nothing to do with Wicca and everything to do with pedophilia. These people are just banking on others' ignorance of the Wiccan religion to hopefully fly under the radar...If there IS anything "spiritual" going on, it's on the dark side.

I would call the authorities if I were you and collect as much evidence of what is going on as possible.

1. jlieb88 profile image54
        jlieb88posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I completely agree. You have to get the authorities involved. It is people like this that give Wicca a bad name. True Wiccans are NOTHING like this man.

Like GlassSpider said, he is simply banking on others' ignorance of the Wiccan religion!!!

3. Beelzedad profile image60
      Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's the rub. If we decide that we wish to challenge any religion, we should be prepared to challenge them all, regardless of the actions and the outcomes.

Any believer who does not support this man in his court venture to keep his daughters is a hypocrite. smile

I am not defending this mans actions in any way as I think no religion has the right to set this kind of precedence.

However, we must remember that what is good for the goose is good for the gander. smile

1. laughing loon profile image61
        laughing loonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We are talking about kidnap and rape not anything to really do with religion, so are you saying that you think that this is about religion.

4. profile image52
      Goddess-save-usposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Wiccan Rede states 'an it harm none, do thy will'.  Clearly his actions are harming many people, so he is breaking the rules of his own religion.  Wiccan doesn't permit the harming of anyone, let alone children.  Those who practice are still subject to the law the same way people of other religions are.

5. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

please consider this Publication:

Wicca for beginners: fundamentals of philosophy & practice [Book] by Thea Sabin in Books

He has no excuse for abducting your Children, he is in violation of the Law, and Wicca has no, nothing-nada- beliefe like what you are saying he is claiming.

Give the book to your Lawyer, and make him look like the idiot he is in court. Go get your kids out of that Nuts house ASAP.

2. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 14 years ago

"In court, he is claiming protection of his actions as part of the Wiccan religion"
    How can religion enter into a court setting?
    I thought a bunch of Pilgrims came over here a long time ago to get away from that.

1. profile image49
      purewildironposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In family law, (divorce court), religion has a bearing because it affects the upbringing and values of children too young to choose for themselves.  It especially has a bearing when the parents of said child cannot agree.  For example, if a Jewish person divorces a Catholic person, in which faith would the children be raised?  In my case, my husband was Christian 15 years ago when I married him but two years ago, he converted, apparently in order to marry his girlfriend without giving me a divorce.  While I have no animosity towards Wicca, my faith system lies in a different direction, so I have no idea if the Wiccan community truly would support this.  Rather than react out of ignorance and fear, it seemed prudent to defer to someone who actually knows whether these claims are B-S.

2. RachaelLefler profile image92
      RachaelLeflerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"I thought a bunch of Pilgrims came over here a long time ago to get away from that."
      No, the Puritans came here so they could teach their children, and the Indians, Puritanism and be free of "wicked" Catholic influences. The fact that we have freedom of religion in this country is because there were simply so many fights and schisms that no religion found in the New World was strong enough to rule all the others. It was kind of an accident. But most of the settlers who came here for religious reasons were raving fanatics!

1. RachaelLefler profile image92
        RachaelLeflerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But the truth is, I know that these actions are completely wrong in Wicca and I can't believe anyone could claim otherwise!

2. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Get real!

3. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Considering the arrest of the Mormon polygamist, for having 'married' an under aged girl (in Texas), I think it is unlikely that his religious appeals are going to stand up in court.  Of course it could depend on the state.  If I were you, I would be contacting my lawyer and a lawyer in the state he is in.  Find out if there are any organizations to help in such custody battles.  Do your best to get ahead of him in his own game. 

There are a number who practice Wicca on this site.  Hopefully one of them can help you out.

4. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

yikes

5. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

No..everything you have mentioned that has happened is NOT ethical in Wicca..

It sounds more like the practices of dark arts you are dealing with.
    I know of no wiccan that would ever do such things.

1. profile image0
      B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

someone is masking their intentions by claiming to be of wicca and I can promise you they are not..

Wicca is of Peace, Love, Respect, and Mother Earth...

Not of abductions and molestations and such...

It appals me to think someone would do such dirty and horrific things under the good name of wicca.

Its a shame what some people will do to hide their true identity.

1. angela_michelle profile image94
        angela_michelleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

People use religion, regardless of religion to do many horrible acts.

6. It's just me profile image60
    It's just meposted 14 years ago

The Craft does not promote, or condone, incest, or child molestation. It promotes dignity, wisdom, and self respect things that incest, and child molestation, eradicate in the chid/ren affected by them.

7. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 14 years ago

What you have mentioned 1) has nothing to do with Wicca and 2) isn't ethical under any belief system.

8. Disturbia profile image62
    Disturbiaposted 14 years ago

As a parent I have to ask why you seem so concerned by what is or isn't ethical in Wicca?  Your question just doesn't sound like one a parent of two missing girls would ask.

If you are really the "custodial" parent and your husband abducted your daughters, that is kidnapping and not only unethical but a crime.

You ramble on about some prior relationship of your husband's and how worried about them you are and what sounds like the possibility of incest or child rape, also a crime.

I'd say your husband is in for quite a bit of jail time. 

What are you doing to get them back???  Have you gone to the police?  The FBI?  I have two girls from two different marriages and if either of their fathers abducted one or both of my girls, I would be all over it, on America's Most Wanted, and their faces would be plastered on the TV and the internet 24/7.

Who cares about what is ethical in Wicca?  I'd be more concerned about getting my daughters back safely.

1. DevLin profile image59
      DevLinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry. Gotta agree with Disturbia. Get em back.

1. profile image0
        Chris Friendposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Doesn't sound morally right no matter what your beliefs of faith.

1. profile image0
          Chris Friendposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It should be noted that immoral acts go on in all religions no matter what. Look what's happening in the Catholic Church.  I have heard of this kind of abuse going on on any number of religions. There are people who will abuse their power no matter if they a Catholic Priest, a fundamentalist preacher, or Wiccan Shaman. No matter what the faith, you can find some pervert exploiting their power in the name of religion. Why would wicca or any other faith be exempt.

9. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 14 years ago

The core of Wicca is the founding principle - do no harm.  His actions flout this principle and he's about as Wiccan as a nuclear bomb.  Religious beliefs, no matter that they are mainstream or other are no defence for harming children.  Get your kids back and keep him out of your life.  My thoughts are with you.

10. Gerber Ink profile image91
    Gerber Inkposted 14 years ago

I agree with what many of the other posters have said.  Do No Harm is a basic tenet of Wicca.  This guy is trying to make people who don't understand Wicca believe that he has some religious right to abuse children.  He doesn't have a legal leg to stand on.  Stand up for the rights of your precious daughters and get them away from him.  He is obviously a sick individual.  As a former probation officer, I can tell you that guys like him will try anything to justify their sick behavior.

11. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image87
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 14 years ago

If this  post is not merely a lame attention-seeking ploy, then the solution to your problem is obvious - employ a lawyer.

No matter what religion any person claims to adhere to, they are obliged to abide by the law of the country in which they live.

12. mcrow profile image61
    mcrowposted 14 years ago

I'm not a Wiccan or a witch myself but I did study it for some time and mades some good friends in the community.

I will say that I've never met a Wiccan that would say that the behavior you mentioned is anything other than terrible. Wiccan beliefs very widely but none that I've ever heard of ever came close to being OK with child abuse or abduction.

As others have mentioned, this is nothing to do with Wicca and all to do with just bad people possing as Wiccans. I think every coven I've had contact with would toss you out on your rear if you did anything like this.

13. profile image50
    OzzieKezposted 13 years ago

I'd really like to know how you got on with this. 
    This is not Wiccan behaviour - it is exploitation.  Your children are human beings with the right to their own lives, choices and decisions. 
    Blessed be!

14. Crazywriterchik profile image61
    Crazywriterchikposted 13 years ago

I have studied Wicca for many years and his actions are no where close to being true a Wiccan. Since he is using Wicca as an "out" it's giving wiccans and pagan practitioners a bad name.
    Wicca has very few set laws but Harm None is the top most of them all and this man is harming many.
    You need to fight for your daughters not because of his twisted version of wicca but because it seems that's a general bad situation for them to be in..
    Blesssed Be and good luck to you

15. 4elements profile image64
    4elementsposted 13 years ago

Of all the books i have read as well as information I have looked up, no part of the wicca religion would they support something like that.I believe things like this is what has helped cloud the ways of old. Now I can not prove this but this is my opinion. Use everything you got to fight for the safety of your children. I myself have 3 daughters, personally I would probably go on a rampage if something like this had happen to mine. I hope everything will turn out alright. I wish you many blessings, peace, love, and light!

16. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Is this ethical in Wicca?

What is Wicca? How did it originate and by whom and on what basis? Please

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. Arthur Fontes profile image73
      Arthur Fontesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wicca is an earth religion and is a subsect of Paganism.

Pagans have been around for as long as religion has existed.

1. profile image49
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend Arthur Fontes

Do they believe in an Word Revealed and in the Creator-God Allah YHWH, whatever the name?

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. luvpassion profile image62
          luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They believe in teachings of their ancestors, they believe in a Universal Being.

Wicca is a very peaceful religion in which all who practice seek to live in harmony and balance with the natural, and seek a  oneness with the divine and all that exists.

Though the medieval church sought its extinction and destroyed writings, the traditions have been passed down from ancestors since ancient times.

smile

2. Arthur Fontes profile image73
          Arthur Fontesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wiccan's believe in the duality of life.  The ones that I know worship both the God and the Goddess.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
          psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rather than drive this thread further off topic, why not Google it?

17. FrankiesGirl6Yr profile image71
    FrankiesGirl6Yrposted 13 years ago

I believe this man has a twisted imagination and way of thinking that he has projecting on reality. It seems that he has taken the first religion, he did not understand, and used it as a label to cover up his own immoral actions.
    Unfortunately he made a bad choice in picking a religion. He must have assumed many know little about. Too many people practice and study Wicca for him to try and pull this FALSE practice. How dare he label his wrong doings under the beliefs of a practice that follows a divine in only good, positive pursuit, and a better beauty in earth and humanity.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

GW Bush said Wiccan is not a real religion, thank God.
      Regardless the Husband simply broke the state law.

18. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 13 years ago

If this has really happened, the girls are old enough to testify to this.
    If they find this to be true through medical examination and testimony
    he will be convicted.

If all he did in reality is take the girls, he won't be punished severely because he is their parent. A parent taking a child does not hold the same criminal weight that a stranger or non-parent taking the child does.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

True

Some Parent wars can really get out of hand and delusional. He was gone for 10 years.

That might be the case

19. profile image0
    awesome77posted 13 years ago

The story sound incomplete! More crucial details please, so you can get the best advise possible!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)