Free copy of HubPage Blueprint v2

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (36 posts)
  1. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 15 years ago

No Hubs and you are an expert, doesn't add up somehow....flagged as spam.....you are the weakest link Goodbye.....jimmy

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 15 years ago

I also flagged.

1. Trsmd profile image58
      Trsmdposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I don't understand to whom you are Flagging.. sad

3. Marian Swift profile image60
    Marian Swiftposted 15 years ago

Hope the third flag's the charm.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

I'd already flagged him earlier smile

5. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 15 years ago

I also flagged him through remote connection of my mind when on the toilet!

6. jimmythejock profile image83

so who are you, markhess or affiliatetactics, it is a promo link to your site and as such i have flagged it again.....jimmy

7. jimmythejock profile image83

and a free link to your site that is considered promotion or spamming in these forums.....jimmy

8. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

If at first you don't succeed.......

Keep on doing it until you get your IP banned lol

1. jimmythejock profile image83
      jimmythejockposted 15 years agoin reply to this

thanks Mark lol, and this guy thinks I don't get it.....jimmy

9. jimmythejock profile image83

change you comments if you wish no matter which way that you look at it you are promoting your own site in the forums and that is against hubpages rules, "Thank You" and things of that nature there you go happy now.....jimmy

10. MarkHess45 profile image57
    MarkHess45posted 15 years ago

ok, I am taking all of this down. I will not risk getting my IP address banned on account of trying to do other people a favor...

sorry everyone....

who knew that trying to give away a book for free would lead to all this...

If you want the book go spend $9.97 on it.

Thanks Jimmy.

You really helped save HubPages from all those "spammers" who give away free ebooks to help newbies...

You are a hero....

1. profiler profile image64
      profilerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sorry mate, but you tried the wrong tactic to pomote your product. Next time ty writing a good hub, or something like that big_smile

11. jimmythejock profile image83

You are very welcome. have fun.....jimmy

12. MarkHess45 profile image57
    MarkHess45posted 15 years ago

It is not my product.... someone else wrote the book.

There are also 75+ other free affiliate and internet marketing related ebooks on the site.

There is NOTHING for sale on the site. Just banner advertising and adsense which people can choose to click on or not.

The site does not require your e-mail address to view the books....

The site does not require a "free" membership....

I still can't believe that forum posting got flagged and removed...

At least there was 12 hits on the book so I see some people got to it on time....

I wish those were the people that posted in the forum....

but as always negativity rules the internet....

1. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The forum moderators probably chose to remove the forum post because Hubpages itself did not endorse or officially recommend the free ebook, that and it is forum policy not to spam here free, affiliate or otherwise.

I would have been interested in seeing the hub page blueprint just out of curiosity, but not from a link in this forum as offense is always taken on forum policies and I always try to follow the rules, what about adding your hub page on a squidoo related lens to add some more info about it or something and promote it there further!

13. Uninvited Writer profile image80

It's not negativity...it's the forum rules...

14. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

OK, I spent a couple of minutes on google and found a page where hubbers can download this book.

Most of this e-book covers the mechanics of setting up your hub page account.
    It provides a brief description of the various page elements, associated screenshots, and some basic tips for writing hubs.

If you're looking for info about hubpages, interacting with the community, or to learn about the culture of Hubpages you'll be sorely disappointed.

The free information on the forums, and on various hubs is a much better source of information.
    Also see the Hubpages FAQ's page.
    And Darkside's links page at http://hubpages.com/hub/about

Regards, Eric G.

15. Ryan Hupfer profile image60
    Ryan Hupferposted 15 years ago

Ewwww, I feel dirty...good work, Jimmy. smile

16. Lissie profile image77
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

I wrote this FREE resource in response to an earlier attempt at flogging a book about hubpages - its still FREE but clearly I am underselling myself and will soon be re-writing it and adding 20 more pages of fluff and how to log into your computer and more of the bleeding obviouis and then you will have it only for a limited time offer of $9.97 - normal price $47.97 - get in NOW FREE
    Lissie's FREE Guide to Hubpages

17. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

Lissie,

You say disparaging things about the basic level of information - and I haven't read the thing, so I'm not talking about it specifically - but there are lots of people out there who really do need kindergarten level help to do ANYTHING on the internet.

We just ran a seminar on the weekend for 35 people who had spent $1500 or more buying website-building software, and needed to learn how to use it.

When I asked "who here doesn't know what I mean when I say 'link'?" at least six raised their hands. Teaching them to put a link in blog post was excruciating - they found it incredibly difficult to highlight the anchor text, click the chain icon, and paste the URL into the box.

Several of them saved a file on their computer and then didn't know how to find it again.

We had to make a Camtasia to show them how to get to the admin panel on their site (http://mydomain.com/admin - not rocket science).

So the apparently juvenile level of the information in this product may actually be well-pitched at the target audience. We are hitting "mass market" adoption phase of the ambition to make money online, and the average bear is more like Winnie the Pooh than Yogi.

Jenny

18. Eric Graudins profile image61

Jenny,

I don't think Lissie was being disparaging.

But you are right that basic level information is sorely needed, and that the ever increasing number of people looking to the net to develop an income means that the definition of "basic" actually being redefined all the time.

In my business, I have to assume SOME level of computer understanding for my clients. But I continually have to deal with more and more basic topics.

And the people needing this help are not stupid. Many of them are highly intelligent, run their own successful businesses, but have zero knowledge about the basics of the internet stuff that is affecting them more and more.

They're not dummies, idiots, or any of those labels. What they are desperately looking for is a knowledgeable person who can advise and help them. They're sick of people scamming them and ripping them off.

In fact, I believe so strongly about this that I'm changing my whole business model to cater for it.

Lissie, Your hub provides a depth of experience and great advice. No comparison with the ebook I mentioned previously.
    An expended version would certainly be  saleable.
    (Just look at how well Tiffany Dow has done with her Squidoo book)

Regards,
    Eric G.

1. Inspirepub profile image72
      Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Eric, we have noticed that, too. We have actually started putting internet basics stuff on our site and telling people to read it before the seminars - starting with "what is the internet?"

A blogger mentioned the page last week and we got over 1000 hits in a day - so there is clearly a need for this!

Feel free to make use of the videos if they are any help to your clients - they are on YouTube, too.

Jenny

19. Lissie profile image77
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

Interesting comments from Jenny and Eric -   Ithink you are both involved with real-world consulting and would therefore be the first contact for a less internet-savvey user.  I guess  iwouldn't see a hub or an ebook on how to hub be at that most basic level of how to  Ilogin; the assumption is that the user has had the knowledge to google to find the page- download the pdf and have the acrobat software to read it - that's above a lot of people - and they are the people you  probably deal with.  And to me that's the appropriate level to reach them too in a seminar or mentioring face2face situation.

Jenny - I can't find my bloody files - but that's because my partner's laptop runs vista and swear that microsoft makes it almost bloody impossible for you the user to control your own file structure!

Its an interesting point in the internet market and you are right about mass-market adoption phase.  I am about to write a scathing review (elsewhere) of a "professional" website whose contact pages include hotmail.com addresses for the professionals running it!   And this site was apparently written by professional webdesigners!

1. Eric Graudins profile image61
      Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

lol Unfortunately, "professional"  web developers can be pretty clueless when it comes to branding basics.

I see SO MANY businesses with the web address somebusiness.com, with the contact email address being somebusiness@TheirISP.com.

Absolutely crazy, confusing to clients, and just screams "amateur hour".

There's nothing wrong with using online mail services as your mail interface, especially when you are travelling.
      In fact, I forward all my emails to my gmail account.

But if you have a domain name, ferchrissakes maintain your consistency and professional image by using it as your contact email address.
      You can then forward it anywhere you like after it gets to your domain mailbox.

Regards, Eric G.

P.S. Lissie - I wouldn't mind a PM to the link when you've finished. cool

20. Uninvited Writer profile image80

I agree. If I see a "professional" company using gmail, yahoo, or hotmail as their email I run away as quickly as I can smile

21. broalexdotinfo profile image55
    broalexdotinfoposted 15 years ago

I Disagree. Even a 6th grader can buy a domain name and automatically get his domain e-mail. Will that be a professional ? lol

1. KelMichel profile image60
      KelMichelposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Just goes to show you some 6th graders are smarter than many adults out there.

Are you smarter than a 6th grader? smile

2. Eric Graudins profile image61
      Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Buying a domain name is one of the elements that is necessary.
      But by itself, it is not sufficient.

3. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

We're not talking about reality here, necessarily - we're talking about perceptions.

The big difference between having a free email and having a domain name is that the domain name requires you to buy the name, plus invest in hosting.  I know that's fairly cheap these days, but it's still a cost, so it shows some level of seriousness on the part of the person who's doing it.

22. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

I am using yahoo and gmail, too. Since I am not in the business of providing email to others, don't see any wrong with it smile

23. Uninvited Writer profile image80

Of course, I check to see if a company is legitimate or not. But having a free email address as your business address is not very professional looking.

24. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

I actually have paid yahoo email address big_smile

25. Eric Graudins profile image61

Well Misha, if you aren't giving out your email address to the public in any way then it doesn't really matter.
    I was discussing those who do.

And a paid yahoo email account is STILL a yahoo email account!
    That's like having a pee in a wetsuit.
    It gives YOU some benefits, but nobody else would know.  big_smile

Cheers,
    Eric G.

26. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL Eric, love your analogy big_smile

And no, I am not giving it to the public, they still see webmaster@mydomain.com or whateva, but I have them all forwarded to my yahoo account...

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Me too

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)