How Can We Achieve World Peace?

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (62 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

Although I wrote a poem about this topic a while back, depicting my critique on current modern day society about war and how we tend to favor celebrities over soldiers, that put their lives on the line everyday for us.  However, it seems some people misunderstood the message of my poem, as they equated it to my inability to grasp the concept of world peace. roll  Which is not what my poem was about at all, if you read it. However, to each their own.  I guess I didn't make my point clear enough in my poem, "in war there are no winners."  Or that person who criticized me, just didn't understand my poem.  However, I won't name names or say who it was as that would be rude.  My poem was meant to speak to how our society is today, but there's no guarantee we'll be like that in the future.  As the future isn't written yet. Hell, even Nostradamus who many believe knew and foretold of coming events said that the future isn't written either, and that humanity has the power to alter it's destiny.  At least according to most historians.  However, despite certain hubbers attacking my intelligence to grasp the concept, I thought wouldn't this make a great hub forum to talk about.

Sure, it's easy to say we all want world peace and all that.  And I'm damn sure many of you will probably give some vague open answer that could be easily misinterpreted.  Like saying there's too many variables and blah blah blah...  However, this forum isn't about whether or not you believe world peace is attainable or not. No, its about what are your SUGGESTIONS to how humanity can attain world  peace is what i'm asking you list.  Don't be vague either.  Be very specific. Like if you feel abolishing religion or money or whatever will solve the problem just state it. 

And since I know many people often get  banned for debating religion on here, i would like to ask all of you in advance.  please, try to be civil and respect each other's opinion.  if someone says something to contradicts your beliefs, then please debate with them in a respectful and courteous manner. Don't make fun of them just because they happen to believe in god or they don't believe in god.  As I feel that's part of the problem.  As long as we keep getting all offended over the littlest things in the world, then there will never be world peace.  After all, how are we supposed to attain peace if we can't even TALK about it openly without arguing?  hmmm..  That's why I ask all of you to please please, be respectful and try to debate in a civilize manner. Anyway, discuss your suggestion as to how we can attain world peace.  big_smile

1. laurana1 profile image61
      laurana1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think the key to World Peace is globalization.

In the past, people's worlds were smaller. It took longer to travel, and communication across long distances was a lot harder. Because of that, people would often define themselves by their family. They were from the "blank household", which meant that their loyalties lay with the family. Wars and disputes between the families were the norm (think Romeo and Juliet).

With time and development in the technology of travel and communications, the world grew larger. It was no longer about just the family, perhaps it was about the town. Citizens would fight to make sure the town had clean drinking water, or a town courthouse. Their world expanded to include more people.

As more time went on, people became incresingly aware of other towns nearby. They learned to make alliances, and found that perhaps the other town might have something their town lacked. Trade flourished, and the success of both towns was important. And as more and more time passed, people began to unify themselves based on state. They would elect government representatives for the state, make state laws, get more state funding, etc. People who were born in Colorado may travel around within it, but wouldn't usually just up and move to a different state altogether.

Then we truly began to unify as a country. People could travel to other states, and many began to move. It is becoming more and more common to ask someone where they're from and get multiple answers (California, then Arizona, now in Wyoming, etc...) People have no problem marrying someone from another state. Sure, we all still think about the good of the state, city, community, neighborhood and family, but the main emphasis usually falls on country nowadays.

To us, it doesn't matter much what state someone is from. But when we come across someone from another country, it's more of a divider. Meeting someone from Australia might be fascinating, but we can never really see ourselves marrying that person and just moving to Australia the way we may marry someone and move to another state.  We just don't feel the same connection with people from other countries. They speak a different language, eat weird foods, wear odd clothes, have different manners and behaviors... And that is so foreign to us, we label them as "outsiders". Then it becomes an "us versus them" kind of thought in our minds, whether we realize it or not.

As our society continues to become more and more global, we are starting to see beyond our country borders. We now realize we can connect to someone from India via the internet, and even have a nice discussion about Lady Gaga. We meet people from all places and walks of life, and our worldview expands.

I personally have a best friend who lives in Singapore, and we chat about anything and everything. There are tons of differences, of course (imagine my surprise when I found out her country has around 5 million people, or her surprise when I mentioned how long it takes to drive to LA from Colorado), but we also have many similarities. From our interests, likes and dislikes, and personalities, I have found so many commonalities with her. Chatting with her is just like chatting with someone next door.

When we finally start to realize that we are all citizens of EARTH before we are citizens of "insert country here", world peace will be attainable. States don't go to war with each other because we realize we are all in the same boat, and that it's best to work for the good of everyone. When people begin to see the WORLD that way, it will no longer be this division or distancing of ourselves.

My family comes from Texas, but I was born in Italy. I've lived in Texas and then Colorado for my whole life. I'm half-fluent in Spanish and studying Spanish, Japanese, and Korean. I have friends from all over the world, including my best friend from Singapore. I have been to Mexico twice and absolutely loved it, and my dream is to move to Korea and make a life for myself there. I'd love to see the world... Although I guess I would say I'm an American, I feel like all of these places and societies make up a part of me. I would definitely say that I see myself as a citizen of the Earth before I see myself as an American, so I hope my fellow world citizens will begin to think this way, too.

When travel becomes more open, interracial and intercountry marriage becomes more common and accepted, when students are required to become bilingual or studying abroad becomes regular curriculum, when teleportation is FIANLLY invented and the Olympics are seen less as a contest between countries and more as a gathering of the world's best... That is when we will truly have global peace.

2. Ashmi profile image60
      Ashmiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

By not refusing to have peace in ourselves. Man is full of contradictions which are the mark of the false. They talk of love yet divide and exclude. They seek friendship yet deceive and exploit. They want truth but cannot live with it. We hear our politicians forever spouting the word peace while preparing for war.....lets get rid of inner contradictions and throw in a good dose of goodwill and peace may have  a chance.

3. profile image58
      amandreaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Let There Be Peace
      There is an elementary school that right after the terror attack in New York City place on its marquee the message, "Let there be peace and let it begin with me." What the people who put that message up didn't seem to realize is we were at peace. Not only were we at peace but we were working for peace and justice for other people all over the world. The trade center attack was made by people who disagree with our version of what form that peace and justice should take.
      The people responsible for the sign are in favor of gun control. If you had them over to your house and announced that there was a gun in the other room they would be very uncomfortable and want to leave.
      On the surface this appears to be unreasoning fear. It is not unreasoning but rather primitive fear and reasoning. The name for this is animism. If you look at the chart I had once given you that cross references the various developmental theories you can see that belief in the supernatural is part of human intellectual development. Primitive people functioned on the intellectual level of a six-year-old. They did not know what was alive and what wasn't. Other people were alive, animals looked somewhat like people and were alive. Plants were capable of growth and change and even rocks could move. What made things move? The answer, there is another little animal inside moving it, a spirit or soul that can't be found when you open a thing up to look for the little animal because it is part of the unseen spirit world. This means the gun spirit could decide to come in from the other room and start shooting people.
      Why so much fear of the gun spirit? If these people were told there is a gun in the next room and a table saw in the garage they would not react with the same fear to the table saw. A simple first answer for this is there is no political movement for banning table saws. As teachers these people would feel justified in imparting that fear into their students. Similarly, our police force has been indoctrinated into the belief that if they use their firearms they will be traumatized and require counseling and therapy. On reflection it seems they are not just suffering a psychological condition but enacting a cultural ritual.
      It appears the peace movement in all its manifestations is not simply a political movement but a phenomena in a dynamic, changing and maturing culture situated among other cultures. One of these other cultures are the Moro. Descended from Muslim pirates their tradition teaches there is pleasure to be had in killing an enemy with a knife, feeling their guts twist and having that enemy exhale his last breath in their face. It was for knocking down these killers hopped up on religion and drugs into a killing frenzy that the American Army began arming its officers with 45s.
      A traditional enemy and competitor of the Moro are the headhunting Dyak. The Dyak believe that in taking a head they are trapping that person's soul and use it to make sure their rice grows. Because the soul will leak out and eventually be free it was necessary to have a supply on hand that continually needed to be renewed. Should a van load of these Dyaks drive past the school mentioned earlier they would not read it and agree. They would think, "Here is an easy harvest."
      Such cultures could not be tolerated among us or as neighbors. They would have to be subdued by military might and reeducated. The Dyak are now Christians but they remember their traditions and have among them, held in high honor, some who have taken heads.
      The pacifism represented by the previously mentioned school marquee is clearly the wrong thing to be teaching our children. It does not fit into the world and may well result in an obscenity similar to the one that occurred in Japan. At the same time it is representative of a culture growing and changing much as an individual develops and grows through developmental changes. What we need to be teaching our children then is courage, honor, valor and that they can be healed.
      The current method of healing wounded souls, of treating violence traumatized police and warriors is to provide them with counseling and therapy. The effectiveness of this approach is unsatisfactory. It is impersonal, conducted by strangers, ends when the ability to pay runs out and is of varying effectiveness.
      To correct this problem it is useful to see how other cultures may have solved this problem. One that has is the Navajo or as they call themselves, De'ne. These people, cousins to the Apache, cultural slogan is essentially "walk in beauty." A shy people, they hold that to maintain eye contact is rude and aggressive.
      When their warriors return home they are in need of healing. The extended family comes together and holds a "sing" for them. Growing up all members of the family have previously participated in such events and each knows their part. Assisted by a medicine man the ritual is performed, often with a relevant supernatural creature becoming involved, and the individual is healed.
      Such a thing, a similar ritual needs to be adopted into our culture. Families need to look into their religion, their ethnic and cultural back ground for similar rituals they can update and use. It would have to be practiced so that all can adequately be involved and most importantly, it has to be performed while the family's children are young so that they will believe. Twenty years latter when an intervention may be needed for any purpose all will be ready and success obtained.

2. Ann Nonymous profile image60
    Ann Nonymousposted 14 years ago

It may sound cliche and preachy, but I firmly believe we can only achieve peace on earth through the Prince of Peace. Since He is the maker and founder of it, it only makes sense....

3. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

I'd like to help, but since I believe deeply that this is a Warring Universe and not about to change into a peaceful place overall, I can't even comprehend a way or method of reaching that admittedly admirable objective.  In other words, unlike you, Stevennix, I do truly have the inability to grasp the concept of world peace.  To me, it's just not reality.

That doesn't mean I'm not interested in what others may have to offer on this thread, though.  smile

4. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Put MDMA in the world water supply! That will do the trick!
    Plenty of serotonin in the brain stops all aggression. lol

5. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Earnest, Pam and I know you have that right...since she just two days ago figured out the "magic combo" of medications for her homicidally inclined mental illness!

And no, I'm not joking! big_smile

While her discovery may not lead to world peace, it certainly has improved the peace factor in one household in Cochise County, Arizona! lol

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well Ghost I know you are right too. Chemical imbalance has killed a lot of people. I am only half joking about giving the world a good dose!
      I wrote a hub about brain chemistry. I defy anyone to be hateful with a normal amount of serotonin and dopamine uptake. medical science have worked out that this is the problem.

The trouble is, that any drug that works to assist chemical imbalance that is really affective is deemed abuseable by the FDA and banned.
      I use exercise and nootropics to assist with chemical balance, but have been known to take a good does of "E" when I feel I need a shift.
      As far as the law goes, it is an ass, and I ignore stupid laws made for politicians to "stay in " with the chronically misinformed. smile
      Most haters could do with a joint as well! lol
      I am happy for you and your lovely lady ghost.

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

im terribly sorry to hear about your wife ghost.  i'm glad the medication is helping her though.

6. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

well it seems like everyone here that posted so far has great suggestions as to how we can achieve world peace.  however, even though I don't think world peace will ever be achieved in our lifetime, as I'm sure we'll all be dead by then.  However, I think in future generations it might be possible, as humanity evolves over time.

Personally, i think one of the biggest problems is the basic concept, "man fears what they don't understand."  Which is true, as its proven throughout world history that mankind does fear what they don't understand.  However, i think if we had something unify all of us to where we no longer see each other as a citizen of the U.S.A, Canada, Russia, China, or whatever, then I think world peace would be possible.  As it would make humanity realize there's only one race intelligent race on this planet and that's the HUMAN RACE.  Not the american race or the african race or whatever, but the human race.  only then once humanity grasps that concept, then it'll become a possibility.  until then, it's just a dream.

1. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Steven:
      It is but a dream.
      The "possiblity" does not exist!
      I say that in utter disgust!

1. Cagsil profile image69
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Shame on you Qwark. lol lol

1. qwark profile image60

Cags:
          I know, I know...I'm the forever pessimist!   :-)

7. britneydavidson profile image59
    britneydavidsonposted 14 years ago

I have read your thread and it seems you are very serious about world peace.I have suggestion and i am sure if all will follow this then sure there will be world peace. Pls dont ignore it.My aim too is world peace.

First of all Peace in world can be achieve only when there is an internal peace within self. So first try to acheive peace within self, now question is how?---So answer is "think yourself as soul and accept everyone whatever they are".

Now if you follow above then your are peaceful inside and you can think of world peace.So again questions comes how?

Every one knows the we are child of one father--right?--so we all are brother and sister, right?---so if all will think that they are child of one father then it is easy to attain world peace. Thanks

1. profile image0

wow, that's very inspirational.  i couldn't have said it better myself, and I agree with you a 100 percent.  until we can acknowledge we're all basically the same, only then will world peace be even possible.

8. britneydavidson profile image59

yes Stevennix2001, we have to think we are same then only world peace possible---still we have to go beyond brother and sister relationship and we have tothink from soul conscious stage.

Like if we think we are soul then all are same, all are light ( energy) nothing different in all. And not only world peace but world every human being will feel internal peace.

9. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

It would be great if we could, but it will never happen.

10. Lynda Gary profile image59
    Lynda Garyposted 14 years ago

As Depak Chopra teaches, there is an inter-connectedness amongst every single thing -- people, plants, animals, rocks, etc.  The invisible force that connects us/it all together he refers to as the soul, or the essence.  If everyone understood this and believed it, it would be a START, at least

But that won't happen.

So long as we have differing religious beliefs, we will not have world peace.  It's that simple.

I've always thought that if the 10 Commandments were "de-religious'ized" (??), and if they became "world law," then we could move in the right direction toward peace.  In fact, I've been working on a hub about this topic. 

One more comment: You seem to be pretty sensitive about the criticism you received about your poem.  Let it go, man.  People WILL share their opinions, whether or not you/we like them.  And people WILL disagree.  (uh, er, lack of world peace, for example)  But accepting that not everyone will see things your way is, at least, a step in the right direction toward world peace.  Trying to convince everyone who disagrees with you that they are wrong or that they misinterpreted you, or ... (yadda yadda) is EXACTLY why we don't have world peace. Too many differing opinions and not enough tolerance / acceptance of them.

Just my two cents.

The problem with the commandments is that they are commandments! smile
      By the way, there are more than 600 of them in the bible! smile

1. Lynda Gary profile image59
        Lynda Garyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Like I said, take the religious element out of them.  And the 10 big ones are all we need.  They say it all.

As for the additional 590+ "commandments," that doesn't cover all of the "books" that were excluded from the official bible.  Like, I'm pretty sure Mary Magdalen had a few in her "book," too.  Paul's "commandments," which ARE included, are so "out there" that they are part of the problem when it comes to a view toward world peace. He instigates trouble!

The basic 10.  Perfect for everyone, regardless of religion, gender, sexual orientation, class, political affiliation, or hair color...

As we say in the court room, "Strike that!"

I was soooo wrong! LOL.  This and another thread caused me to actually go and READ the 10 commandments, something I hadn't done in ages -- and, clearly, I forgot what they all said.

So ... I take back my statement that all we need is the big 10.  My new statement is that we need a NEW set of 10 ...  Maybe I'll work on those? LOL

2. profile image0

that's cool.  thanks for providing your opinion on the matter. However, I wasn't offended by it at all to be quite honest.  lol. Although I can understand how some could perceive it that way, as i probably misworded what i was trying to say in my original post.  lol However, I can see what your saying, and I wasn't offended by it.  I was merely offended by how the person used it as a tool to question my intelligence.  that's the only thing that got to me at first.  Thankfully, I'm over it now though.  Besides, I don't believe in holding grudges towards anyone.  Anyway, to get back to the topic at hand, I thought it would be kind of cool to open up a forum about it though.  Usually whenever I open up forums, I try to make them as unique and interesting as possible, so I guess you could say I should be thanking the person for giving me the idea for the forum.  lol.  thanks anyway for your input though.  smile

11. samboiam profile image60
    samboiamposted 14 years ago

World peace will never happen. One can not be at peace with others until they are at peace with themselves.

12. profile image0
    LegendaryHeroposted 14 years ago

The only way to achieve peace is through violence.

1. sagbee profile image57
      sagbeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Peace can never be achieved through violence. It can be achieved through mutual understanding and following the principles of Mahatma Ghandhi ... He always followed the path of non-violence.. :-)

1. profile image0
        LegendaryHeroposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry, but if I completely obliterate the other side then there will be peace.

"My mother said violence never solves anything." "So?" Mr. Dubois looked at her bleakly. "I'm sure the city fathers of Carthage would be glad to know that."

"Anyone who clings to the historically untrue — and thoroughly immoral — doctrine that "violence never solves anything" I would advise to conjure up the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and of the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it. The ghost of Hitler could referee, and the jury might well be the Dodo, the Great Auk, and the Passenger Pigeon. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."

13. profile image0
    Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years ago

Do not set an example by starting unprovoked wars.

1. profile image0

are you talking about the bush administration?  lollol if so, then i'm right with you there.  lol

1. profile image0
        Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes the Iraq War. Just like FDR stated, "I hate war." Now if someone attacks the US first, then I am all for retaliating.

1. profile image0

i couldn't agree more. i think the biggest problem was that Bush had the chance to capture bin laden and his al quaida buddies.  instead he dropped the ball, and decided to take the war to iraq instead.  when in reality it should have NEVER left afghanistan until everyone of the al quaida was captured.

1. profile image0
            Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I never could understand why the Republicans who are so concerned with national security did not finish the job in Afghanistan especially after what Bin Laden and his group did to the US.

They instead should have focused our military force on wiping out Bin Laden and his crew as well as the Taliban in Afghan...

I also liked this FDR quote: "And history has recorded who fired the first shot. In the long run, however, all that will matter is who fired the last shot."

14. britneydavidson profile image59

@Stevennix2001, this is not the time to think of past and repent or to blame anyone but now we have to think wisely and solve the problem.

1. profile image0

yeah,  your right about that.  the best way we can solve this, is to move forward and not backwards.

But by looking backward, we learn (or, we're SUPPOSED to learn).

1. profile image0

that's true too.  however, if all we think about is the past, we'll never see the future.  it's like a wise man once said, "the past is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but the today is a gift.  that is why they call it the present."  therefore, we can't do anything to undo the past. however, we can do something now about the future. after all, it's like i told one person once when they thought their attempt to recycle stuff was fruitless, as many others don't believe in it.  i told him sure it's true what they say about how one man CAN'T make a difference. however, it only takes one man/woman to get something started.

15. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

Steven:
    Give us another 100k years of successful evolution, and peace amongst humans may become a reality. The way we are evolving, we won't be here in 100k yrs.
    The only way we could experience peace today would be through the power and control of a dedicated 1 world gov't.
    A gov't that controls with an "iron" fist.
    Any and all who resist the doctrine of peace would be "deleted." Only those who "comply" would be allowed to exist.
    Neither of the 2 examples above can be realized.
    Human population will have to be reduced to a workable level  before a 1 world gov't could be instituted.
    That "reduction" will become a reality in the near future.
    The human that will survive and procreate will be so 'morphed" by time and genetic mutation, that it will not resemble the man of today.
    Our genetic programming is loaded to "kill."
    Peace amongst contemporary humans is impossible.

16. aware profile image66
    awareposted 14 years ago

act like a planet of people. become earth instead of culture country and state

1. Steve 3.0 profile image64
      Steve 3.0posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you.  I like science fiction because people of the earth are usually too busy fighting aliens to have wars amongst themselves.

17. marcel285 profile image64
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

World peace..it'll never happen. There is far to much arrogance. It is could happen though, if were all to shed our false selves..Which would mean, listening to the unspoken truths of our hearts and souls, being who we truly are..But the brainwashing is far too strong for a lot of ppl to even comprehend grasping such a concept.

18. profile image53
    (Q)posted 14 years ago

World peace? Religions conquer and divide us all, hence their elimination will begin the time towards a world peace.

1. qwark profile image60

Q:
      Standing ovation!!!!!

19. Don W profile image81
    Don Wposted 14 years ago

I think world peace is only possible if there were unlimited resources and production. The rationing system commonly known as money would become obsolete. But this only makes peace possible. People could still choose to harm each other. The difference is they wouldn't have to. Without unlimited resources and production I don't think worldwide peace is achievable.

Somebody needs to invent the replicators from Star Trek damn quick.

20. N. Ramius profile image73
    N. Ramiusposted 14 years ago

A nuclear war that wiped out all of mankind. No people, no conflict, hence world peace.

21. aware profile image66
    awareposted 14 years ago

if we leave this planet like we must . there wont be anyone to war with either.

22. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 14 years ago

Honestly I think greed is a bigger problem than even religion.

1. profile image53
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where do you think greed originated? big_smile

23. aware profile image66
    awareposted 14 years ago

i hate to quote a  movie line . but in terminator 2. arnie says its in our nature to destroy ourselves

24. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I still think we should put MDMA in the water supply!
    Kill 2 birds with the one stone, so to speak. Religion would be a thing of the past as well. smile

25. calpol25 profile image58
    calpol25posted 14 years ago

In my view, world peace is a myth, since when in the history books has there ever been peace on earth. All we have ever known is war and fighting. You will never achieve world peace because there will always be some one wanting world domination.

1. profile image53
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You may have been watching too much Pinky and the Brain. big_smile

26. calpol25 profile image58

How did you guess!!!!!

Its my favorite show NAAAARRRFFFF!!!!

lollollol

"What will we do tomorrow brain?" lol

27. calpol25 profile image58

Lets take over the world Pinky!!!! lollol

lol So funny, and at so many levels! I love it!

28. calpol25 profile image58

me to!!!! lol Its time for animaniacs!!!!! lollollol

Great idea, more informative than most of what is posted by the religious, who seem to impose their beliefs on almost every thread too! smile

1. calpol25 profile image58
        calpol25posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I quite agree with you earnest, a lot informative lol lol

29. calpol25 profile image58

Just remembered the name of the Austrian doctor from it Doctor Von Scratch And Sniff!!! That should be my new hub name lol lollol

30. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

World peace is where it all started. Our path has lead us to where we are.
        If everything was undone and we magically had world peace; someones greed and selfishness would get that same old ball rolling again.
        We will never have world pease until we give up what little free will we still have.

31. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

again, I say, the answer is SEX!  get yu some, as quickly and regularly as possible and there will be world peace, well, at least in your part of the world!  so if everyone would just get them a liddle, regular, we could get on with it in peace and love and happiness!  and you can quote me on that

1. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

or maybe that would just be "WORLD PIECE"  hahaha big_smile:

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)