The 60 day challenge thread, Whos in?

Jump to Last Post 101-111 of 111 discussions (236 posts)
  1. englightenedsoul profile image58
    englightenedsoulposted 14 years ago

Sunforged you will be publishing 50 Hubs, replying mails and doing all the necessaty things that you have to do.  I must tell you that you're a super human.  Definitely you will be my role model for this challenge.  I am done with 6 hubs for this challenge completing one category.  Planning to relax a little and also thinking on which topic to write next.  Hopefully will come up with new hubs tommorow.  Take Care dear.  And do take care of your health.  Or you may also suffer from insomnia like me wink

2. englightenedsoul profile image58
    englightenedsoulposted 14 years ago

Also I would like to know when will be the first phase of the challenge be completed.  I assume it would be march 1, am I correct?

1. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Please let this thread die, so new visitors to the forums dont see the thread title 'join" and miss the part that we have completed the team building aspect.

new thread: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/40229

- as for end date of first phase..there is no wrist slapping here! the main goal is 10 unique sources visiting each of your hubs within 60 days. If your promotion activities cause you to slip a few days in publishing..than so be it.

3. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Im going to abandon this thread now, so there is no more confusion about availability.

Thread is dead

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f257/zero_defekz/forum_pics/dead_thread.jpg

4. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

That is awesome! ..I often saw similar results from the bookmarking sites too, good to hear! small favor,can you copy your post over to the new thread? and delete this one?

5. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

I realize this thread has ended, but ...

@ Daisydot, one tag isn't going to affect anything as long as the rest of the tags are relevant. If the rest of your tags are relevant,  the relevant hubs will pull up similar... Sort of, sometimes they don't pull up anything that is relevant to your hub topic, pulling hubs that don't have any tags related.

I brought up this concern with the hublove or initial hubchallenge tags (I forget which). The team said that the one tag won't affect much. I believe they also said that the tags aren't like keywords for search engines, just hubpages tags to keep things together.

I will admit when I do series, I try to add several similar tags so that they will pull on the related hubs list together, and then the rest are key to that particular hub.

1. Daisydot profile image61
      Daisydotposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It was not the tags that were the problem, it was the "feed" we were all required to have on our hubs.

I pulled out when I found my hub on pyrex had 8 links in it all about making money online. Apart from giving a bad impression to search visitors and killing their inclination to buy off the hub cold, the feed from other 60dc hubbers added a lot of irrelevant text to the hub. Needless to say I pulled the feed and the tags off and withdrew.

We shall see at the end of this whether incorporating irrelevant feeds on your hubs helps or hinders you...

1. Whitney05 profile image82
        Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gotcha... I don't understand why one had to have the feed on there. The tags shouldn't have affected anything. I have not seen any bad effects from the other contests that require certain tags, but I have not removed the tags to see if the traffic gets better. I just make sure to add enough relevant tags to counteract the one or two mandatory ones.

2. Mark Knowles profile image57
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you are completely wrong. Firstly - if you add the RSS capsule at the bottom underneath the comment box - any reader that gets that far was not going to buy anything. Secondly - there are around 50 outgoing links on a typical hubpage before the comment box - most of which are not "relevant"  plus another 10 or so in the footer so a few more in an RSS feed is not going to make any difference.

I have been using RSS feeds to keep pages fresh for some time and - at worst - you occasionally attract traffic to the content of the feed that is not relevant.

I think the "relevancy" of incoming links is nowhere near as important as some people think and the value of having that feed out all over the 'net will far outweigh the cost of having non-relevant RSS links.

But good luck with your own pages.

6. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I think the feed could affect relevancy in a number of ways. I've noticed that when I get whacky traffic to a hub. If I check out things, it's because there was something in the related hub or questions section to the right. I think a feed would do the same thing.

And I agree with the impression that it makes in a sales hub. Not only do you have to attract the traffic you have to convert it. And spammy how to make money things at the bottom, can't have a good effect. That's why I delete comments that hubbers make like "Boy you'll really rake in the money with this one!"

7. Whitney05 profile image82

Nelle, that does make sense. I don't typically use the feeds, but that's because I don't have the time to search for any. The news feeds are ok, but still not typically what I'm looking for.

I guess I've just never paid attention to unusual traffic.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the comments, but use them on most of my hubs because comments make the page look updated to the search engines.

Mark, so common sense says the only want to really get the relevant links is to have your own website where you can control the topics of the pages and overall niche?

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well - the way I look at it is this, and I am paraphrasing one of my quotes that Nelle enjoyed.

"If there was a penalty to be applied by google for certain types of 'non-relevant' incoming links - don't you think Mr. Meany Internet Marketer would be out there right now doing it to his competition?"

Did I get that right Nelle? big_smile

I mean- - you have no control over organically grown incoming links so if random non-relevant site links to you. So what?

8. Whitney05 profile image82

Gotcha. I guess I was thinking more in terms of links that are on the page that go outside or elsewhere on the site, such as the feeds, related questions, related forum threads, and related hubs.

What comes to me, I guess it really doesn't matter because you can't help if someone posts your pasta article on a make money website.

9. Seafarer Mama profile image78
    Seafarer Mamaposted 13 years ago

Hi Sunforged. I am glad that I found this. Does this apply to the original challenge only, or the second one, too?

1. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is one of the threads from the first challenge, you'll need to go to sunforged's latest hubs and find out where you need to communicate for this challenge, because this is the wrong place!

10. wvierra profile image60
    wvierraposted 13 years ago

Just to want to say I am in--lets rock and roll!

1. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

See message above!

11. englightenedsoul profile image58
    englightenedsoulposted 13 years ago

Thanks for bringing this into light SF.  I had forgotten about it too,though I wanted to reply at that time but did not have any proof to back me up. 

Not only the challengers ranked for competitive terms but the feeds did not affect the ad targeting as well.  For example my hub is on first page if you search for xomba,redgage and yousaytoo.  If you search snipsly, it is on second page.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)