Is Israel a 'bad' state?

Jump to Last Post 51-78 of 78 discussions (480 posts)
  1. profile image0
    WizardOfOzposted 14 years ago

Not killed as many men as necessary.  Not showing mercy upon the wounded or the weak, not showing mercy once the battle was clearly won. Killed EVERY MAN.

2. profile image0

Deuteronomy 5:17 You shall not murder.

1. MordechaiZoltan profile image64
      MordechaiZoltanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Little sister to the Hippie movement, I saw that door of love and togetherness slammed shut by the powers that be.

Just tryin to open it again....

1. MordechaiZoltan profile image64
        MordechaiZoltanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Above is from Chris's profile.....love and togetherness

1. lovemychris profile image77
          lovemychrisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The force that destroyed the Hippie movement is still at work in the world today.

The Zionist Neo-Con philosophy is one representation of it.
          It is my duty to do what I can to make it go away so that love can flourish.

1. Sab Oh profile image56
            Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"The force that destroyed the Hippie movement is still at work in the world today"

Yeah, it's called 'growing up' and it is still a force at work for most people - eventually

1. lovemychris profile image77

Hmmm, good....my duty to make you go away too.
              Should I use the I Dream of Jeannie head-nod, or the Bewitched nose-twinkle?

I'll try both...1  2  3....still here?

3. profile image0

and this is not about Hebrews. its about genocide.

I don't care about any religion more than any other.  It is not about religion.  For some it might but for those people I think a swift kick up the back end is necessary.  Murder in the name of a higher being is just plain idiocy.

The misuse of the term "genocide" is grossly irresponsible.

1. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely, I agree...

2. profile image0
        WizardOfOzposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Check the numbers champ and go check the definition of genocide while you are at it

I know the definition, that's why I corrected you.

1. profile image0

thats funny

2. profile image0

genocide

/jennsid/

• noun the deliberate killing of a very large number of people from a particular ethnic group or nation.

I rest my case.

Keep going, you're not done (what, did you think I wouldn't notice? how clever roll )

2. profile image0

Hebrew are a people, not a religion.

4. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

1) I think Iran is a bad state

2) I think Saudi Arabia is a bad state

3) I think North Korea is a bad state

4) I think Mississippi is a bad state

5. Sab Oh profile image56
    Sab Ohposted 14 years ago

Why Mississippi?

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They don't have an NHL hockey team, and in my book, that makes them suspicious

That makes you suspicious of most of the world! That's gotta keep you busy.

2. profile image0

I like the way you retain your sense of humor.
        It is humor isn't it?

6. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

From Wikipedia:
    Between the time of the Israelite kingdoms and the 7th-century Muslim conquests, the Land of Israel fell under Assyrian, Babylonian, Persian, Greek, Roman, Sassanian, and Byzantine rule.[30][31]  Jewish presence in the region dwindled after the failure of the Bar Kokhba revolt against the Roman Empire in 132 CE.[32]  In 628/9, the Byzantine Emperor Heraclius  conducted a massacre and expulsion of the Jews. Nevertheless, a continuous Jewish presence in the Land of Israel remained, with the Jewish religious centre moving to Galilee, establishing itself in Tiberias.[33]  The Mishnah  and part of the Talmud were composed during this period.[34]  At the beginning of the 12th century there were still about fifty Jewish families in that city.[35]  The Land of Israel was captured from the Byzantine Empire around 636 CE during the initial Muslim conquests. Control of the region transferred between the Umayyads,[36]  Abbasids,[37]  and Crusaders over the next six centuries, before falling in the hands of the Mamluk Sultanate, in 1260. In 1516, the Land of Israel was conquered by the Ottoman Empire, which ruled the region until the 20th century.[38]

7. profile image0

* PA Chairman Yasser Arafat in a speech to the Palestinian legislative council: "They are waging open war against the Palestinian people... We must confront them, we must confront them, we must confront them. We must confront them in every sense of the word." (Palestinian Television, August 9, 1997)

8. profile image0

Sheikh Hamed Bitawi, chairman of the Palestine Religious Scholars Association and head of the PA's Sharia Court of Appeals in Nablus, in a newspaper interview: "That which befell the infidel nations will also occur to the State of Israel. We are certain that Allah will destroy the State of Israel either through natural disasters, such as an earthquake, or at the hands of the Moslems, or both." (Al-Hayat Al-Jadeeda, July 27, 1997)

9. ReuVera profile image82
    ReuVeraposted 14 years ago

This topic (Israel is bad, blah, blah, blah...) is as old as the world.
    Really educated people know the right information. People with agenda eat what they are fed.

You should cherish and pamper Jews and Israel, because.....(think about it), if Jews and Israel disappear, THEY (substitute according your taste- Arabs, Muslims, Terrorists...) will find another object (substitute according your taste- America, Americans, Christians, etc). That's simple.
    Do you think THEY need freedom, land, peace? Naive you are if you think so. They need ALL, EVERYTHING, including your guts.

So, cherish and pamper Israel, it is like a lightning conductor (arrester?) for the rest of the world.

1. profile image0

I agree.They want to own and rule the world.

1. rhamson profile image71
        rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"We [the Zionists] have it all under such control that no one -- no one or no-body can [reach] people unless it is done through our media control. (Who has had control of the mass media in the 20th century? We have it sewed up!!"
        - Harold Wallace Rosenthal

These are some of who he is refering to of which all are Jewish and support Israel.

Chairman of ABC pp Leonard Goldenson, President of CBS
        James H. Rosenfield, Chairman of RCS
        David Sarnoff, Chief Executive of NBC
        Fred Silverman, President of PBS
        Lawrence Grossman, Chairman of Time
        Arthur Heiskell, Editor of U.S. News & World Report
        Marvin Stone, Chief Executive of Dow Jones
        Warren H. Phillips, Editor of Newsweek
        Lester Bernstein, President of TV Guide
        Walter Annenberg, President of New York Times
        Arthur O. Sulzberger, President And Publisher New York Times.

These are the major players in the news and how it is reported and manipulated in the US.  I am providing these names at the risk of sounding anti-semetic as most will tag it but the evidence is overwhelmingly slanted against the Palestinians when it comes to any favorable press on their behalf.
        Is terrorism then condoned? I hardly think so but the frustration on the part of the Palestinians is well earned.

1. profile image0

OH, OK, that solves and proves everything.

It doesn't solve anything but it shows where most of our filtered news content comes from and much of which you base your observations.  I thought you would have picked up on that.

Proving anything would take some effort on the part of the individuals basing their opinions on the way the facts are applied.

Your sarcasm is duly noted and I sense that you are on the defensive when it comes to this subject.  Maybe if you delved into it a little more, understanding could take the place of your blanket support of Israel without knowing both sides of the story.

1. profile image0

I don't watch the news nor read newspapers. I get my info first hand from my husband's relatives in Israel.

That explains your bias.

I get most of my information from both sides of the issue in that part of the world.

You should try listening to the other side sometime.  You might find it enlightening.

1. profile image0

I have read the reports of Palestine on the internet.
                  It explains my bias? wrong..I judge things on facts not bias.

You are begining to contradict yourself when you state "I don't watch the news nor read newspapers. I get my info first hand from my husband's relatives in Israel."  And then you state "I have read the reports of Palestine on the internet."  There is a fine line between reading things in the newspaper and on the internet as to the validity of your opinions.

Do you know any Palestinians living over there or any that have moved here?  If you don't then it would only make sense that you have a bias when expressing your views on this subject.  Nothing wrong with having a bias as long as you know it and don't try to speak with any authority to both sides of an issue.

2. ReuVera profile image82
                ReuVeraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Same with me. I lived in Israel, I have family there, I have Israeli TV on my satellite. I have information first hand and some time ago I tried to educate people here on different forums, on threads about Israel. All I got was being trashed. I don't play here any more.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
                  Ralph Deedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What percentage of the people in Israel disagree with you?

1. profile image0

What? that this person has access to TV stations in Israel.

Please don't act like you don't know how dangerous to the world, those who call us infidels are.

If they move their attention to us..what will you say then?

It's so easy to judge others when it isn't happening to you.

2. profile image0

The people here rarely allow you to have an opinion outside theirs yet they try to accuse others of trying to dictate the world.

Having family in Israel who are experiencing what's going on..is the best source.
                  Glad to know you.

1. ReuVera profile image82

Thank you, Deborah. Glad to know you too. You husband is blessed to have you. I have several Jewish friends who's non-Jewish spouses became devoted advocates for Israel after learning the truth first-hand.

2. Greek One profile image63

hahahaha Lester Bernstein, "President of TV Guide"

1. profile image0

We know the media is always correct. They never report false information. Nor does the Globe, Enquirer or any other gossip paper.

This proves everything I have said is wrong..well..NOT

I'm pretty sure that my paper boy's father is Jewish...

they evidently also control the distribution of the news down to the micro level!

That's a good one.  I see you spend much time investigating the information supplied.

Perhaps it would be better to respond in the same manner to you.

Maybe that is why there is so much anger and confusion when it comes to understanding all the facets of this problem.

What information did you supply?  That the head of TV Guide is a Jew?  My friend, the old "the Jews control the world" is a tired and old slander that might have worked well in Nuremburg in 1933, but it doesn’t hold any weight.

Incidentally, do you know why it is that there are so many Jews in the media/entertainment world and show business?  It's because so many doors were closed to them in the more established industries at the beginning of the last century.

I'm tired of seeing the poor Palestinian people suffer and watching their plight being used  by extremists on both sides of the question.

Merely suggestions to the dearth of impartial reporting is all I supplied.  You succinctly dismissed it with your humorous observation.

Your other observation of the way Jews moved into key positions is very naive as well.  Part of the problem the Jews have experienced over the years is due to their ability to lock up key positions through a closed network of support.  It is an overlooked issue not easily discussed as the anti-semetic rhetoric soon starts when conversations head that way.  Is this problem any more different for Muslims who hire only family in their businesses or Christians who prefer to do business with prefered Christians?  I do like your take on their long suffered denial to these industries as an impedus for their hard work to dominate them.  I think this opinion has merit.

The problem exacerbates itself when governments are infiltrated to support and involve itself in anothers affairs.  The exclusionary support of one over another is not support but favor.

If you are tired of seeing the "poor Palestinian suffer and watching their plight"  then perhaps you should not support the inflictors of their torment so easily.

10. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 14 years ago

"The Obama administration should be seriously considering a strike on Iran, according to neoconservative Fox News contributor Bill Kristol.

An Israeli Deputy Defense Minister said last week that he expected Israel would have to attack Iran within a year. Kristol believes it would be better for the US to attack first.

"I think we have to have a credible threat of force and the preparation to use force against Iran. It would be much better if we used force against – to delay the Iranian nuclear program than if Israel did and there is no evidence that the US government is being at all serious about the use force there," Kristol told Fox News' Chris Wallace Sunday."

Kristol was a member of PNAC.
    Wrote to Clinton in 1988 asking him to invade Iraq and remove Saddam.
    Walt Mearsheim says there is no evidence that Iran is developing nuclear weapons.
    John McCain, while candidate for president of the United States: "Bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran"

Our goose is cooked.
    More of our men and women will kill and die for Israel....will they? Kristol says we should die for them.

11. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

Here is a small revised list of countires whose government's I consider to be 'bad':

Sudan
    Syria
    Iran
    Afghanistan
    Algeria
    Lebanon
    Libya
    Nigeria
    Pakistan
    Saudi Arabia
    Somalia
    Yemen
    North Korean
    China

Why, I wonder, don’t we dissect them first, before focusing on Israel?

1. profile image0

I agree Greek One...everyone rushes to judgment against Israel and overlooks all the terrorist.

Some of Palestine's supposed 'allies' choose to endlessly condemn Israel instead of truly helping Palestine itself.  It's a great way to distract their own citizens from their own crappy and/or corrupt governments.  Just like how Saddam launched missiles at Israel during the war.

Israel is not blameless, but I think that the situation in the region would have been resolved a long time ago is its neighbors were more constructive.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65

I don't disagree with that conclusion. It's good to be able to see both sides of the story.

2. rhamson profile image71

You should include yourself in that rush to judgement about the Palestinians.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image65

It's not accurate at all to say that the media in the U.S. have "overlooked the terrorist." Silly statement.

I did not direct this reply towards you.  It was towards Deborah Sexton.

If apllied towards your statement I would agree that it would be a silly statement.  The responsibility of the situation should have been shared by the surrounding countries.  I also feel that the US role played too heavy a hand in establishing and enforcement with regards to the Israeli state.

2. profile image0

Yes, Israel is in war against the terrorist of Palestine.

You should read a little more about the "War against the terrorists in Palestine" when the civilians are the casualties and ouster from their homes.  These homes are soon torn down and replaced with jewish settlements.

Doesn't sound as much a war but more of a resettlement of refugees.  Sound vagely familiar?

2. lovemychris profile image77

We are not supplying money, weapons and total political support from OUR congress to those other "bad" countries are we?

We are "at war" with some of them as we speak!

But we are always acting on behalf of Israel. We are not Israel, we are the United States of America.
      Our country has Jews, Muslims, Hindu, Christian, Native American, Bhuddist,Pagan, Atheist, (etc)...ALL nationalities, ALL religious beliefs, or lack  there-of, ALL countries of the world.
      We do not act on behalf of all their home countries, do we?

300 members of congress signed a letter agreeing to support Israel unequivocally no matter what  they do.....this is not right.
      We would not do that for any other country.
      We are not acting fair or independent in our foreign affairs.

Do you want to take a look at that list again and re-assess the level of US involvement in each of those countries?

3. Ralph Deeds profile image65

One, because we have a special interest in Israel as a long standing friend and ally. And it's the duty of a friend to tell a friend the truth. And the truth is Israel's recent policies are inimical to the interests of the United States and it's own interest in security, independence and democracy.

12. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 14 years ago

In case anybody is interested in some facts, here's a link to the full text of the Goldstone Report:

http://www.alhayat-j.com/files/english%20report.pdf

13. lovemychris profile image77

Perhaps you haven't heard about Hasbarats? They are paid by the Israeli gvt. to surf the web and shill for Israel using defamation and propaganda.
    Maybe you don't see the irony..but Muslims are the new Jews. IE; the enemy and parasite. The scapegoat for all blame. It's quite ironic the way Israel is dealing with Palestine considering their history.
    Any one want to defend using white phosphorous on civilians? On babies? Come on you people who hate baby-killers. Defend it.
    Shooting pregnant women point blank?
    GO AHEAD. You're no better than the terrorists...in fact those ARE terrorist acts!

And our gvt. was TOTALLY infiltrated on Cheney's watch. That was a gvt. of by and for PNAC=Zionist/Neo-Cons. Look it up you will see for yourself.
    "Dual citizens in our gvt." google it.
    And then google what the IDF soldiers themselves said about what they have done.
    Go ahead.
    Educate me please.

1. profile image0

My family doesn't send me propaganda.
      No the Hebrews are the Jews. Go put your own people down.

Wait till the day they (Palestinians) attack your country. You'll change your mind.
      If you are not a part of them..you are an infidel in their eyes.

1. profile image0
        LegendaryHeroposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you serious?

2. lovemychris profile image77

"Dual US / Israeli Citizens Running American Government
      Posted on April 3, 2008 by Boulderdash"

google that and tell me you are comfortable with it.

3. lovemychris profile image77

Burning Conscience: Israeli Soldiers Speak Out
      30 min - Oct 7, 2006
      www.youtube.com

1. ReuVera profile image82

A small group of ex-soldiers speak. Do you know them? Do you know who funds this group? I don’t know, though I have some ideas.  Maybe what they say have some reasons under the actions (by the way, no cruelty or the like was described, though I didn’t listen everything)
        So, I don’t know these guys.  But I personally know other soldiers, my friends’ sons and daughters, my son’s friends. I hear their talking and excuse me, I believe them more than to some videos.

4. lovemychris profile image77

I don't know...all of them?  But if you watched that video, those soldiers said they are not getting the truth about Gaza in the media, and American public support is what keeps the occupation going!

The settlements are supposed to stop.
      Who will make them comply with the law?
      And now that we are on a new nuclear path, do they finally come clean about their nuclear weapons?

I wish people would watch the iron wall or occupation 101_avi...you would see Israeli's talking about the situation....it is an awful inhumane thing we are allowing in our name.

And that's the last I'll say on it.
      It's like knocking your head against a brick wall.

5. ReuVera profile image82

I would advise anyone to go and live in Israel for at least a year. And then you'll speak. Otherwise it's just scratching of tongues.

6. profile image0
      sord87posted 14 years ago

If that country starts killing people and raising the people sensitivity,those country considered as a 'bad state'.Israel considered a bad state to all palestinians and furthermore with bombings and attacking in every side of palestine featuring more to Israel as a 'bad cluster' to all Muslim people.It is not pointing Just to Israel but as long as those people killing keep continues other people will keep labelling you as a bad person generally.

7. ReuVera profile image82

I'll just repeat what I said before//////:

You should cherish and pamper Jews and Israel, because.....(think about it), if Jews and Israel disappear, THEY (substitute according your taste- Arabs, Muslims, Terrorists...) will find another object (substitute according your taste- America, Americans, Christians, etc). That's simple.
      Do you think THEY need freedom, land, peace? Naive you are if you think so. They need ALL, EVERYTHING, including your guts.

So, cherish and pamper Israel, it is like a lightning conductor (arrester?) for the rest of the world.

Your Bias is complete as well.

Prefering one society to another does little to quell the animosity already being displayed.

Perhaps a course in anger management or dispute resolution will help to dissipate your lack of objectivity.  Maybe a course in the causes of this situation will help as well.

Your resolution to the problem is being practiced to a lesser degree but the result is the same, a blood letting that will never cease.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65

The United States has been "cherishing and pampering Israel" for 60 years to the tune of billions of dollars only to have the current government bite the hand that's been feeding them. Israel's conduct has cost it support in Europe and the United States. They would be well advised to clean up their act.

8. mikelong profile image61
      mikelongposted 14 years ago

Right on Rhamson! Good posts!

9. profile image0

I read your links and the basic theme which you wish to promote is the justification of Israels right to fight and defend itself against the Palestinian attacks that persist for whatever reasons can be cited.

There is also another side to the story that is disputed which you refuse to look at.  If Israel is to continue why is it up to the US and others to fund and supply arms for it to do so?  After 60 years if Israel has won the right to exist why can't it do it on its' own? Why is it that the US condones the lopsided support for Israel to continue counter to a peace seeking solution?

Your arguments seem to be based on how Israel is justified in its' actions against the Palestinians terroristic attacks to the point that they are tresspassers in the area.

"WE" (the US)  have no place or right to inflict or influence any part of this situation.  If you say the Arabs would come thundering down on the Israelis with their vast resources and squash Israel then I guess the argument that Israel exists due to the spoils of war would dramitically take an unfortunate turn for them.

Both sides have committed attrocities that The Hague would have a field day with so who is right is not the point anymore.  How it is to end should peacefully should be the point.

10. Padrino profile image59
      Padrinoposted 14 years ago

"why is it up to the US and others to fund and supply arms for it to do so?"

Because they are our only allies in that region of the world, if you haven't noticed the rest would rather see us destroyed. Seems like a good reason to me.

"The rest would rather see us destroyed".  Who do you include in this group.  I think you greatly exagerate our enemies size and resolve.

If you are referring to the Arab faction of the world it is directly related to our support of Israel.  After all Bin Laden carried out the attacks on 911 in retaliation against our support of Israel.

What makes us so right in Israels eyes is an affront to most of the surrounding countries in the area.  How right can we be on our own?

This relationship has cost us too dearly with American lives and our money and for what?  A good allie that only delivers more demands and autonomy from our wishes to find an answer.

If having Israel as an allie is like having a guard dog on the scene,  how many times would you let the guard dog bite you before you got rid of the guard dog?

1. Padrino profile image59
          Padrinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think its that big of an exaggeration, Turkey and Jordan may be our "friends" but that leaves quite a few countries that certainly would rather kill Americans than talk to them.

The gist of what I was trying to explain is that we did not come by these enemies without action on our part.

Could we eliminate some of these enemies with a more comprehensive plan to incorporate more feedback from the countries in the area or are we doomed to following blindly what is clearly a short sighted and failed policy of unencumbered support for Israel?

Have you ever thought of this problem from the point of view what if we were wrong?

1. Padrino profile image59
              Padrinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whether our fault or not they are enemies, you destroy the enemy!

Your logic escapes me as to how it could be sustained for any lasting period or what moral basis it could represent.

You should read Might is Right, or The Survival of the Fittest, is a book by pseudonymous author Ragnar Redbeard. It is considered to either advocate social Darwinism or satirize it, and was first published in 1890. In Might is Right, Redbeard rejects conventional ideas of human and natural rights and argues that only strength or physical might can establish moral right

Also remember that David was able to destroy Goliath with a small stone.  With the logic you propose you set yourself up a harsh reality and a horrible downfall.

11. profile image0

deborah,

Hebrew

/heebroo/

• noun 1 a member of an ancient people living in what is now Israel and Palestine, who established the kingdoms of Israel and Judah. 2 the Semitic language of the Hebrews, in its ancient or modern form. 3 old-fashioned and sometimes offensive term for JEW.

— ORIGIN Greek Hebraios, from a Hebrew word understood to mean ‘one from the other side (of the river)’.

according to Oxford.

Hebrew, Israelite, whatever you want to call it.

An ancient people indeed and still living in the past.  Israel have no respect for international law nor moral law.

12. Rajab Nsubuga profile image61
      Rajab Nsubugaposted 13 years ago

With the current protests hovering over the middle-east, will the Palestinians occupied by Israel also take it to the streets?

13. A la carte profile image59
      A la carteposted 13 years ago

sheesh Israel exists..lets accept it and move on

14. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
      Kathryn L Hillposted 4 years ago

What's bad is Hamas and Islamic terrorism. To side with Palestine is to side with Hamas. Israel needs our support and President Trump has given it. He has stopped the funding and support of Palestine for good reason.

Thank Goodness for Trump.

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 4 years agoin reply to this

"Thank Goodness for Trump."

I know this is off topic for this thread, but since you are so thankful for Trump, and since you never responded the first two times I asked, I'll ask again. Have you read the Mueller report?

"Indolence will not help your cause"

https://hubpages.com/politics/forum/342 … ost4084462

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
          Kathryn L Hillposted 4 years agoin reply to this

well, no actually. I have assumed that there is nothing that could prove Trump is Guilty of Anything. Nor, do I want to know.
          Gosh!
          lol

1. profile image0

Yep, Trump knows his base.

"I could stand In the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters"

15. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
      Kathryn L Hillposted 4 years ago

On a more serious note: Trump is siding with Israel against Hamas and against Islamic terrorists.

This action and presidential position far outweighs whatever you are concerned about.

What are you concerned about as far as the Mueller report?
      That there was collusion with the Russians.
      Who cares. He is keeping America safe. He is going in the right direction as far as the economy, building our military strength and overcoming the demise of America as initiated by Obama.

1. profile image0

Uh huh..

"I could stand In the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters" -- Donald Trump

He exaggerates. You have no sense of humor.

1. profile image0

Right, but you don't want to know nor do you care what's in the Mueller report.  So, it wasn't really a joke, was it? Rather, it was an insightful description of who supports him.

2. Live to Learn profile image59
            Live to Learnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Who on the left does have a sense of humor anymore?

1. profile image0

What an odd question, given the number of popular comedy TV shows that lean left: The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, Real Time with Bill Maher, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Samantha Bee, etc.

Bill Maher's take on the Democratic debates is hilarious!  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bRQAvgZ3zr8

humor based on anger. Its humorous to those who are also angry. why all the anger?

1. profile image0

I reject your premise.  Conservatives are angry; liberals are disgusted.  These are generalizations, though, which are usually not a good thing.  However, these generalizations are at least based on research and not just opinion.  (I read a lot about psychology).

2. GA Anderson profile image90
                GA Andersonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You did it to me again PrettyPanther.

I like Bill Maher. So I followed your link . . .  and spent the next watching more Maher videos.

GA

16. Readmikenow profile image95
      Readmikenowposted 4 years ago

I would like to hear from anyone who has visited the West Bank.  I would also like to hear from someone who has been there and spoken with Palestinians.  Anybody who has gone through a checkpoint and had Palestinian youth throw rocks at them.  There is also the Rhovot and Ashdod where you can see what rocket attacks have done.  It's easy to sit here in the US and pass judgement and not see what is really happening there.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Why would anyone want to visit there anyway? Israel is our Bully Boy put there after WWII to protect the oil interests in the region. You do know about BP, right Mike?

Give me your opinion on why we gave them nukes and I'll be all ears..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)