I am so angry with the Church!! What???

Jump to Last Post 51-75 of 75 discussions (194 posts)
  1. lionswhelp profile image66
    lionswhelpposted 15 years ago

LG,

What is your point though. Are you for Christ's Christian work or are you for non Christian works. You lost me somewhere? I know where many get their understandings, Revelation 12:9. I know where I get mind from John 14:6-7,14. You seem mad at what "Christian" have done. You have given me lots of interesting history which I appreciate but who are you mad at? You sound a lot like the 'clay pot' that is asking why God made you, Isaiah 45:9. Are you angry with the way this world is or God. Well, God is not happy with this world and will soon trash all human endeavors that are not from him. He didn't like the way the world went before the flood and he sure doesn't like the way it is going now, Genesis 6:5-6; Matthew 24:37. But God's purpose stands for us even as we have made a mess of the earth, Malachi 3:6. Our human experience to try and bring peace on our own just does not work. Jesus didn't come to bring peace the first time he came because the world rejected his message and this is why there is more war and madness, Matthew 10:28-39.

If you think being pagan is okay then are you saying it was okay for the Axtecs to sacrifice 89,000 people to their pagan gods in just four days by ripping out theit hearts..Do you think that they were nice country folks. Do you think it was okay for the people God called to serve him, Israel, to burn their children in the fire to their pagan god molech were just nice country folks? These were human choices to bring peace on their own terms with their pagan gods. Despite all of these things God will save us all out of it, Revelations 22:7, 12-13, Matthew 24:21-22. Give thanks to God and praise him for life it will get better after Christ returns and not before then Psalm 148;149 & 150.

The lionswhelp

1. Lady Guinevere profile image67
      Lady Guinevereposted 15 years agoin reply to this

First tell me what my very first post says.
      If you want to point fingers at pagans for killing others then you better look in that there Bible and read of all the killings that God told people that they were permitted to do in his name. Then tell me of all the killings of the inquisitions and holy wars that were done in God's name.  They are no different.  killing and murer is jus that killing and murder in anyone's name. 
      You may have read the stuff on those pages but it appears that you have no concept of what they are all about.  Tell me how many names that God has just in the Psalms.  Then tell me how many Angels are appointed to each person and how they coorelate to the various dieties and gods and goddesses of other belief systems.  They are all the same just the names have been changed.  People think that God give duties to different Angels in a helping manner---the same goes for deities.
      No matter how much you quote from that Bible it is not the full text and it says that right in the links that I gave you about the Nicea Council and the Council of Trent    ---yet you still do not understand what it is.  Why do you think the Catholic Bible has 4 more books in it then yours?  Does those 4 books make their's complete or are they added...whichever, they are different and yet all of us who read that Bible read the same things and consider it the full version of God's Word.......it can't possibly be because of the 4 books.
      Do you know what Catholic means?  When you read the Apostle's Creed what are the words and do you know the meaning of them.

I am not mad at anyone.  It is those who do not understand the way the I teach that say that I am mad.  Just as Christ asked the Jews--"Who do you say that I am."

2. lionswhelp profile image66

LG,

It sounds like you are mad at God or something?  Just what are you teaching? You still sound like a clay pot asking God why he made you Isaiah 49:9 and why he made the world so evil. He didn't make it evil it became that way through not listening to God, Genesis 1:31.

The lionswhelp

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Not getting it are you?

She is angry at you for lying when you say you know what god wants when you clearly do not and can not, and trying to force her to see things the way you do.

She is saying you are a liar and has proven so, yet still - here you are twisting in the wind looking for justification of the way you behave and twisting what she is saying to suit yourself and your rather archaic interpretation of a mis-translated, stolen piece of writing.

Hope that clears things up for you...... big_smile

Thank You Mike!!!

2. Lady Guinevere profile image67

Why must I be mad at anyone becasue I do not believe the same as you do?  I just cannot understand that concept becsue it makes absolutely no sense.

3. lionswhelp profile image66

Mike,

In the Greek the word for Passover is 'pascha', in Acts 12:4. I have several versions of this same text in the Bible and the word Passover is used not Easter.  Are you using the Catholic version or King James? See - www.cogwriter.com/passover.htm.

The Lionswhelp

4. Lady Guinevere profile image67
    Lady Guinevereposted 15 years ago

Lionswhelp and all here read my latest hub, please:

http://hubpages.com/hub/What-Are-Cults

5. lionswhelp profile image66

Mark,

What are you trying to say. All I want to know is what she is mad at? If humans come from  a family tree and nuts grow on trees then this forum is full of nuts that have fallenout of their tree. You seem like a nut that fell out and hit a rock and now has a big crack in it. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!

Does she  think all churches are cults? I don't belong to any of the above I'll stck with what God shows me. You probably call people a cult that read the Bible. Well atheism is a cult too that believes in no God.

The lionswhelp

Actually my definition of a cult is a religion that has no political muscle lol

Sorry you are so twisted in your thinking. I explained quite clearly why LG is angry at you, but you did not seem to understand.

"God" shows you nothing. What limited understanding you have of the way the world works is a poor interpretation of a stolen, mis-translated book of fairy tales. Therefore you are lying, therefore she is angry at you. Understand?

Are you sure you are old enough to be a member of hubpages?

Sorry tp have to resort to putting this in all caps but Lionswhelp just can't read small letters:

I AM NOT MAD AT ANYONE OR ANYTHING-PERIOD.

I didn't say that all churches are cult either.  Man you yoike to put words in others mouths and twist things so out of whack............................You are twisted!

6. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

Lionswhelp,

There appears to be a fairly harsh language barrier issue going on here.  This may account for the majority of your confusion.  If you would like I can break down what is going on for you in simpler terms that you can translate better. smile

7. profile image0
    C. C. Riterposted 15 years ago

The Bible is full of gems. One needs to dig for them as a miner looks for a jewel or gold. I gave myself over to starting over and letting His wisdom guide me, like a "lamp unto my feet." I don't like to quote scripture, I point it out and let the reader decide like you just did. Good for you.
    I also studied the Roman Empire and the Church extensively. I have a full library and if I can't find that which I need I go to our local Library and seek.
    One thing I do know for certain is that if one does not 'believe' it is almost impossible for one to comprehend the wonders of our God. So I don't argue with them or debate. If God wants them He will convert them. I am not out to convert anyone. I will help guide one though. Most Christians don't even comprehend who is God or even His name, it's there for all to see. The Bible as a whole from beginning to end is all about that One thing, ___________. The Jews won't even write it. It's as plain as the mole on my cheek. I love that.
    God bless all C. C., because He blesses the sinner as well as the righteuos with rain and light and warmth, etc.

It's funny that you brought up church and you not going and all the other good things that you metntion.  An ex-friend of mine couldn't understand where I am coming from and accused me of trying to take beleivers and convert them to my church.  He didn't understand that I am not converting anyone and that is not my purpose.  With some of them it is an us or they things and not an all and every thing.

I have alsways gotten the whole of a verse and not used it out of context like most do and certainly Lionswhelp and another one that came in here and just took one post and assumed that I was mad at everyone.  They took it all out of context and was too lazy to go read the first post that I made. 

I have also studied about Rome and the church and Constatine and Augastine and the changs they made and alot more.  Some peole think that I just started this like yesterday, but I have been at it since my eyes wer opened---and it wasn't Satan like they think it was. I wrote a hub about what brought me into the light and you can find it if you go to my profile page.

8. profile image0
    C. C. Riterposted 15 years ago

Well, it is also written that the Lord did not come for peace. He came for division. Even the Apostles were divided on issues. I'm sure you know that. I follow Paul, for he followed Christ. He is the Apostle for Gentiles.
    Seek and you shall find, what is truth?  Ahh, therein lies the 'Rub' to quote the Bard! An' I ain't talkin' steak rub nither! That is the single most powerful thing in the universe, other than the power of a woman. And that is the truth! LOL. Kings have been slapped in the face by concubines and lived to laugh aout it. But truth withstands all, it is eternal.

Yes I know that.  Thing is it is the Christians who are divided and where a house is divided it will fall--we are seeing that now with all the churches and in particular the Catholic Church........This is the end that is talkied about not a phycial end of the earth..................they just don't get it or is it that they like to be right all the time.................well at any rate the truth is happenening no matter what!! LOL

9. lionswhelp profile image66

LG,

If you are not mad then why are you so angry with the church?

The Lionswhelp

lol lol

Yeah we definately have a communication problem.  How else can I say that I am not mad at anyone or anything other than the way that I have said it?
      Yu just don't get it!  Have you ever heard of forgiveness and do you belive it-----it is apparently that you don't know the slightest idea of that concept.
      Do you actuall know and believe the words that Jesus spoke---forgive them for they know not what they do......

10. lionswhelp profile image66

LG,

Exactly! You used the words that I was about to use. Sorry, forgive me I didn't know what I was doing, Luke 23:34. Right on! Whew!

The Lionswhelp

So then why do you keep thinking that I must be mad at something or someone?

11. lionswhelp profile image66

LG,

We should no longer feel that way because we have taken on Christ's personality when you are forgiving to others. There is no way you can stay mad or angry with any one very long because they know not what they do. They may hate you for witnessing to them but we are not to hate them,Matthew 5:43-48.

A good example would be Richard Wormbrand one of the founders orf the "Voice of the Martyrs", www. persecution.com. After serving 14 years in prison at the hands of the Communist, the first thing he learned  was to be very forgiving to his captors. Under intense and brutal treatment all those years he learned that being angry with his tormentors would do him no good. To be forgiving is the lesson he learned. To pray for them and treat them with respect because they did not understand is a very high requirement from all Christians. Richard had been so brutally tortured and left to die several times but recovered to the amazement of his captors. Even some of these tormenters were converted. Then they too were persecuted right along side him.

This is the way of all Christians to be but some have not learned this lesson yet. You can be angry but sin not because we can look at the Big Picture that God has in store for us and other humans that are not walking in this way yet, Ephesians 4:25-26-32, Colossians 3:1-11.

The Great Tribulation will be one of those times when Christians will need to have much faith and pray for those that will torture and kill them, Hebrews 11:1; 12:1-3,14- Romans 12:14-21, Revelation 3:14-22 > Hear what the Spirit says to the Church.. God  loves the sinner but hates the sin and wants all to follow Christ's example, John 3:16-19.

the lionswhelp

12. Lady Guinevere profile image67

I found something about the Passover that Make Money and Lionswelp might want to read:

http://jdstone.org/cr/files/passovertheinsidestory.html

13. lionswhelp profile image66

LG,

Interesting article but these are Jews that do not believe in Jesus or anything Christian or even Messianic Jews for Jesus.. Their hatered is still there and they will just have to wait until Jesus returns to believe in Christ Yahshua, Zechariah 12:7--14; Zeckariah 14:1-21.

They see Isaiah 53:1-12 as pertaining to the persecution of Jews by the Gentiles. They do not see it as their persecution of Yahshua the Christ by the Jews, but they have received a curse on themselves for doing it, Matthew 26:65-68; 27:19-22.

These Jews are lying about the Passover lamb. Remember these Jews came back from captivity no longer had the Levitical priesthood but had a priesthood of Jews called Rabbi's. They used a verbal Torah which is made up new ideas that are not in the written Torah

I can see right away that they are lying about the a lamb being symbolic for the Egyptians. The Egyptians looked down on sheepherders and sheep as abominable. Exodus 12: States that a male lamb was required for the Passover sacrifice, Exodus 12:5.

Also for the sacrifice on the Day of Atonement of a male goat was chosen by lot that falls for the Lord to be sacrificed for the sins of Israel, Leviticus 16:17-10,15-19. A second male goat was required for Satan or Azazel. This will be fulfilled at Christ's second coming when all our sins will be placed on Satan's head were they belong, Leviticus 16:20-22; Revelation 20:1-3,7-10.

All, I can say is that we are also to forgive them when they persecute Christians and Jews for Jesus, they know not what they do. Here are a few sites about Messianic Jews for Jesus:
    www.jewsforjesus.com , www.jewsforjesus.org/answers/jesus/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/jewforjesus , www.jewsforjesus.org

Many Hasidic Jews turned to Jesus back in the 1980's when it leaked out, that the Ark of the Covenant was found under the place where Jesus was crucified at Gogotha. Jesus blood actually flowed down from his side unto the the Mercy Seat on the Ark of the Covenant. The earthquake that accurred at this time split this rocky area of the crucifixtion site as Jesus died and then Roman soldier rammed his spear into Jesus side after Christ died for us. His blood gushed out and down his legs into the crack that was opened by and angel for this purpose, Luke 19:33. Matthew 27:45-51. See: www.wyattmuseum.com .

Luke 23:34 - Yahshua the Christ died for all humans so that when they believe in Him and repent of their sins and be baptized they can be forgiven, even Jews, Acts 2:28.

The lionswhelp

WOW, talk about ate and closed mindedness.  Of course you would not read it with an open mind because you believe that the kind of Jew that Jesus truly was (Nazarene) is heretical.

1. Make  Money profile image66
        Make Moneyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Wow as right.  Lionswhelp put some effort into giving you a pretty good reply to that Jewish slander site you posted and you attacked him.  He clearly has good reason to ask "Are you one of these Jews".  And I will ask it too, Lady Guinevere are you a Jew posing as a "christian minister"?  That would certainly explain a lot of the crap you post.  It's clear to everyone that you are not a Christian with all the slander you post.

Now it's my turn to ask, if you are not mad then why are you so angry with the Church?

This will end my conversations with you too, you are not worth the trouble.

14. lionswhelp profile image66

LG,

I looked at a numberof sites about Jews. They love them selves and still hate Jesus and his Christians followers. Are you one of these Jews. The truth hurts and if you believe in their hate message about Jesus you are a real mental case. they lied when they killed him and they still do today whether Orthodox or Zionist. See you sometime in the future! I will no longer waste my time with you. It is only through Jesus Christ that you can be saved no other.

the Lionswhelp

Were you there to know who was what and who said and did and felt what?  Have you never read the history of the times then and the rulers of such?  I never said that anyone else can save anywone--you are putting words into my mouth yet again!  Twisting things to your own viewpiont to have me mean somethingelse is for those who believe blindly and will walk wherever they tell you to walk without question.  Jesus said to question everything and everyone---not I.  The Jews did not kill Jesus the Romans did!
      Naranenes are very loving people and are also those like the Hindus when they teach not to interfer with another's life............Open them eyes just a tad bit further!
      Have you ever ventured to read abut the Gods of Egypt and that of the God Sin--bet you haven't becasue in your viewpoint it would be blasphemous.  Too bad becasue the real sin here is the lack and suppression of knowledge.  When the Bible was put together a grave sin was committed and that was politics got involved and then those same politics destroyed the Libary at Alexandria just so they could be the only ones with the real truth------but they aren't and that Bible is tampered with and if you can test the things of that like Jesus says to do then you are not following him but that of a church doctrine and Jesus was totally against that!
      I question arthourity and I question those motives of them and if that is bad then so be it but that is exactly what Jesus says to do.  What is the harm of finging out and readin from other views---absolutely nothing and if that is a sin like the church says, then they are wrong.

15. Lady Guinevere profile image67

Since when do we sacrifice any animals for any God's or even Satan today?

Fine you all can say what you will because it is your will not mine.  If you think that I am mad at the church so be it. That is what you are going to think no matter what I say.

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LG, if you are "one of these jews".  I would still love you.  smile  Mike is being a nauty nazi pants. lol.

Thanks Sandra!

Funny how they now think that I am not worth the trouble but would they be the same for Jesus.  They contantly like to be told what to think but do not search like Jesus tells them.  They would rather be lead by the nose from some Clergy who only wants money or the power and glory over other peolpe.  Oh well to each his own. 
        Mike wanted some kind of proof or something about the Passover and Lionswhelp couldn't give it to him so I found something and neither liked what I posted--you can't please everyone all the time. hhhmph!  They only got what they wanted!

16. Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 15 years ago

lol No I'm not Sandra.  Lionswhelp had a good reason to ask her that and so did I.  I still love her too, even if she is a Jew.

I am not a Jew!!!!!!  I don't even have that in my family line anywhere!  German and Welsh!!  Geesh!

1. profile image0

I didn't know Jewish was a blood type.  I actually don't think that being jewish has anything to do with your blood.  I mean, Jewish is like saying your Catholic.  If you were of jewish blood then wouldn't you be like Arabic or something?

17. Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 15 years ago

Well if you read back through the thread you will find that is not the case.  And we certainly were not looking for any answers from a Jewish slander site.

You aksed for information on passover--I gave you one.  You did not like it and that is fine and I never said that I agree with it--I just gave you the address---U look back!!!
      Dontcha just hate it when people turn your words around and put words in your mouth that you never said!!!!?

18. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL Sandy, yes, it is blood. More, it's only mother's blood, dad does not count smile

You can always be certain who the mother is. Never 100% with the father. smile

In medieval times, they used to have courtiers watch the birth of a new king, just to make sure. Hmmm, wonder where the bible got that one from? lol

1. Sufidreamer profile image78
        Sufidreamerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Interesting point.

I remember reading about a group of Africans, in Uganda, who converted to Judaism. Some Jews accept them, others don't.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso … anda1.html

1. profile image0

Yeah, see I use to date a jewish guy and I asked what made him Jewish and he didn't know. 

I ask because if you can convert to being jewish, then the mother is jewish then her offspring are jewish but what was she really?

19. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

I am not sure you can convert at all. Some Jews will probably accept it, but the most religious part probably not. It's a birth right, as far as I am aware smile

1. BDazzler profile image77
      BDazzlerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Judiasim is unique in that it is both an enthnicity and a religion.  There is a method of conversion. I asked my Jewish friend about it, and he said that the first thing he would do would be to try to talk me out of it.... big_smile

Then he said if I was certain ... there were things that could be done ... we didn't go into details, since it was a hypothetical scenario.

One of those things probably involves a very sharp knife. Makes the eyes water sad

Yeah, espcially where you get cut.  I get very circumspect when I think deeply about it wink

Maybe we should circumvent the subject. Conversion to Judaism appears to be surrounded by painful circumstances. wink

lol lol lol

2. Misha profile image63
              Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Not for most Americans though lol

For some reason, I am sitting with my legs crossed. Can't understand why.

20. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

I think you are safe in Greece. Unless you get a Muslim rule there soon lol

Ouch.

Mind you, Greece was under the rule of a Muslim country once. There were no 'forced' conversions, so hopefully I would remain anatomically intact. smile

Do the Muslims mutilate their male children as well? I never knew that. Of course, I have never known any Muslim men - at least not in the biblical sense lol

21. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

As far as I know they do. I would think about it as a hygienic measure, given hot climate and lack of water...

Not that I know a Muslin man either lol

1. profile image0

I think that the muslim women have their clitorises cut out so that they can avoid being stimulated. 

I think this is much, much, much, much (infinity) more painful.  sad

I imagine it is, but I do not think they do that do they?  I know some African tribes do.

Where is the radical Muslim when you want one? They are as bad as policemen.......

1. Misha profile image63

In a biblical sense? yikes

1. profile image0

I think right now they are fighting jihad and Palistinians at Gaza.

2. Mark Knowles profile image57

I don't know... They have female radical Muslims right?        big_smile

3. Sufidreamer profile image78

lol lol lol

2. Sufidreamer profile image78

I was pretty much against the reasons behind the War on Terror, but if it is a battle to save my foreskin, I am behind Dubya all the way.

That is an abomination. I believe that it is a cultural thing found in many African cultures, Christian and Muslim. They are trying to stop it, and I hope that they succeed.

22. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Sandy, you are too serious for this twist in this thread wink

1. profile image0

Oh come on!  I got unnerved by the thought of having my female love parts cut off, that I needed to get a little serious even though I meant it as more of a "twisted" joke.  smile

1. Misha profile image63

I think you are safe - unless you decide to move to certain parts of Africa. But do women need them anyways? wink

Oh, Misha, that's cold, bro.

1. Misha profile image63

Sorry BDazzler, what cold means in this context?

Cruel, heartless, guaranteed to not get laid if you said it to your woman big_smile

1. profile image0

LOL ROTFLMAO!  smile

2. Misha profile image63

LOL I don't think I was expecting to get laid in this particular case. smile

2. BDazzler profile image77

Basically cold means "insensative" .. "That's cold bro" is slang that means, Yeah, it's insensative even if it is funny.

1. Misha profile image63

Got ya smile

Well, Sandy knows I love her, so I was counting on this leverage to soften the thing smile

1. profile image0

I actually thought it was funny, didn't see the coldness in it at all.  smile  Yip, I know you love me.  smile smile

2. profile image0

*cleared my throat* YES!!!!

23. cflynn profile image73
    cflynnposted 15 years ago

Some Muslims certainly do female circumcisions. I worked in Saudi Arabia in neonatal intensive care, midwife friends were allways telling tales of having to do alot of cutting of scar tissue to deliver babies and then being asked to sew them back up tight!! Yes they ( the women in question) explained that it made them a good wife. The Sudanese seemed keen on it also.
    They do male circumcisions quite soon after the birth also. I think that is a hygeine thing.

Not sure I understand the whole hygiene thing. I did not know that Muslims circumcised their women also - yet another reason not to be interested in their religion. wink

1. cflynn profile image73
        cflynnposted 15 years agoin reply to this

not a good choice for the ladies certainly....unless you like a submissive role and you could make some nice lifelong friends with the other wives!!!...but i suppose what i experienced was a view of fundamentalist Islam and fundamentalist christianity isn't much fun either

Not a big fan of either of them. big_smile

Agreed, although female circumcision appears to be cultural rather than religious. Islam is quite open about sex between man and wife, and they even opened an Ann Summers (saucy underwear and sex toys) store in Tehran. As for Saudi Arabia.....mad

1. profile image0

I think you are right, it has to do more with culture than religion.  Zoinks!  *eyes bug out*  they opened a wha???  Right on I guess but I was really starting to fancy the hole in the sheet. lol.  smile

24. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Ummm, well, harem full of wives with sex toys... attractive image... may be I should get myself circumcised? umm... on a second thought, how they are going to use those toys when they got angry at me?... ummm... thanks, I'll pass it for now lol

Glad to see that we have returned to the humour - that has put a horrible image in my head, unfortunately.

Mark getting biblical with fundamentalists was horrific enough :beingviolentlysicksmiley:

Where is the "Being violently sick" smilie when you need one?

We really should ask for more smileys. That is one thing that Hubpages lacks. A well placed smiley can equal 1000 words of abuse.

I do worry what will happen when LG and Lionswhelp read this section of the thread - it diverged from the topic a little.

We have covered some important issues, though.

25. Lady Guinevere profile image67

Wow a day off with the cat and wow what a turn in the forum!! 
    Femaile circumcision makes me shudder!  Horrible!!  Catholics would call it mutilation of the body for sure!!

Although I did pull something from all this talk about circumcision and that it is culture and religious---whose to say which is correct and how God plays in all of it.  Yes, what will Lionswhelp say to this--and also Make Money!

It will be interesting.

Once you have dispensed with the whole idea of a god, things become much, much more clear. wink

1. profile image0

I couldn't understand why God would want to remove something you were born with?  If he didn't like it then he could have just made us without it.  smile

Well Sandra, we  were all born with brains and the ability to think but religions want that removed so that we can all be like robots.  Go figure!

I am going to go out on a limb here yet again...................Those who are set in the mind from doctrine and dogma and think that they are the only ones who are accessible to God are in essence acting like 2 year olds with the actions of MINE, MINE, MINE.  How do they think God likes that?  Are they going to tell us that God does't act like that and then go right back and act like 2 year olds themsleves.  I wrote a hub about what God might be able to do and what he has done and thngs far off:    http://hubpages.com/hub/On-The-Head-Of-A-Pin

1. profile image0

Well I just think it is really sad the way religion deletes the mind of things that are good.  No doubt they always get confused when I say, Jesus is the great deciever. 

I love to say it too.  Not because I actaully think Jesus is bad when in fact I wish everyone was like Jesus, the good Jesus that is.  But all these peopel acting in everyway that is the opposite of what Jesus taught, it is obvious to me that the Devil was clever enough to desguise himself as the Angel of light.  Go figure!

What are you gonna do though?  I tend to get a little frustrated too when I say yes, I believe the Bible is true but for the fanatics, fundamentalist, literalist, zealots, or otherwise Bible thumpin, utterly believing beyond doubt or rational, or reason...their cloat of fear has them running circles like idiots. 

I can understand, really!  I understand how "freaky and scary" it is to realize they have been following a wolf desguised in sheeps wool. 

Really it just goes to show that the Bible is a total mind f**k and so many of them have lost their minds.  Don't get me wrong I know many perfectly loving and Jesus like Christians that I would never even consider being anything but "rightous" no matter how ridiculous their beliefs may be, I find that their actions speak louder than words and when they can invite me, and love me regardless and we interact like civil human being on the same plain and with the same respect for each other...

now that is what I am talking about!  smile

2. Sufidreamer profile image78

Hi LG

It is certainly pretty horrific - no need for it in the 21st Century.

Hope the cat is OK. smile

I agree with that!!  Not to offend anyone here, but Men are still not respecting women and their needs---in the 21st century! The keep telling us that women have come far from where we were like 100 years ago--but the more that I see these things the more I think we are regressing and not progressing.  Just look around here--I speak out for Jesus and I am thrown all kinds of insimnuations and insults at and it is because I am a women.  Church still thinks and goes along the line that our sex should have no say in what the church does or believes.................if you look at that in a differnet light, say political (that's all a church is now) you can see why.

The cat is fine but we now have a 400+ Vet bill.  I might write a hub about it all later today.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)