Ignorance

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (252 posts)
  1. pylos26 profile image70
    pylos26posted 13 years ago

83% of Americans are ignorant.

That percentage is expected to continue dropping as Americans fifty and older are dead and gone searching for their long expected reward of pearly gates and streets of gold and all that material stuff, long coveted. According to a recent poll 83% of Americans believe prayers are answered.  How sad and pitiful.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is downright scary! I also find it hard to believe.

I am an Australian who has worked and travelled extensively in the USA I would have thought the figure was lower than that.

I fear that despite formal education the same would be true for many countries, although figures like the ones you quote would seem to be hard to duplicate. smile

pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

surprized me too earnest.

2. terced ojos profile image59
        terced ojosposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Terced_Ojos<----Member of ignorant American population who has had prayer answered.

Will not apologize for Jesus...er..."The Skyfairy"

Sincerely

Unashamedly

Ignorant American Christian

Cheers

Terced...big_smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
          Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No turning the other cheek here. See how that makes your beliefs worthless hypocrisy? Thanks for validating my opinion of your religion. wink

Kristians Kausing Konflict.

1. terced ojos profile image59
            terced ojosposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Terced<-----allows himself to be mercilessly kicked and pummeled by Mark Knowles and asks God to forgive Mark because he is not aware of what he is doing.

1. Greek One profile image64
              Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

oh, he's aware lol

2. Pandoras Box profile image61
      Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Where's this coming from? I mean what poll? I'm not arguing it, just would like to know more about it.

1. Pandoras Box profile image61
        Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Interesting results.

"Those who most strongly favor it [a national day of prayer] were Republicans (76%); women 50 and older (71%); and Midwesterners (71%) or Southerners (63%)."

Even more ignorant:

"Among 500 respondents asked if this {promoting christian prayer} should be "a major goal" of the National Day of Prayer, 62% said it should and 36% said it should not. People of all ages and regions held roughly similar views.

"Most strongly in favor of promoting Christian prayer were Protestants (72%) and Catholics (70%). People with no religious preference were most strongly opposed: 69%."

That last line really bugs me. Only 69% of people with no religious preference were strongly opposed to a having a national day or prayer with a major goal of promoting christian prayer.

Of course, the reason is that most people don't know what the heck they're talking about.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2 … 5_ST_N.htm

2. mythbuster profile image72
        mythbusterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The statement which opens the threat oops I mean thread - is ad hominem ("against the man, against the group") anyway. The poll wasn't about "how many people believe in prayer therefore are ignorant"

Ignorance has been suggested (fundamental attribution error) as a characteristic of those (and ad hominem fallacy enters) people who are "believers in prayer." Or "people are ignorant because they believe in prayer" from this poll on prayers...

Wow...

3. ediggity profile image59
      ediggityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

67% of statistics are made up.

1. profile image0
        Madame Xposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

4. goldenpath profile image68
      goldenpathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, however, at least most of us are smart enough to turn our head and cough when we're supposed to! smile  Be gentle... sad

5. Jeff Berndt profile image74
      Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't see this as sad or pitiful. It's just a statistic, nothing more.
      The datum about belief in the power of prayer says nothing about the collective intelligence or level of education of that 83%. Plenty of highly educated people believe in the power of prayer.

In fact, the only datum that can be inferred from the topic post of this thread is that pylos26 looks down on people who believe that prayers are answered, considering them to be ignorant.

1. Randy Godwin profile image62
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Something wrong with that?

6. leeberttea profile image57
      leebertteaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What is perhaps more ignorant is your view that what this poll represents is American's ignorance. You have completely distorted the poll by looking at the results through the prism of your own beliefs and views and projecting your own ignorance onto the subjects responses.

Or by using researchable facts as a basis for the subject!  Dang facts, they mess up everything!

1. leeberttea profile image57

What fact? That 83% of Americans believe their prayers have been answered?

That is the only fact, his conclusion, his leap if you will is that fact signifies ignorance which it surely does not.

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, if someone believes in prayers and that they are answered in any manner other than their own effort is ignorant, because they do not truly understand their own life.

Just a thought. wink

Then again, maybe you don't understand the nature of prayer or even what it is.

7. Bibowen profile image87
      Bibowenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ignorant in what sense? That they can't read? All of us are ignorant in most things. Most people are only knowledgeable about a few areas; the rest is ignorance.

Correct, as many of us have stated.  We are all ignorant in some areas.  We finally agree on something!

1. ceciliabeltran profile image63
          ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

even those who are ignorant of their ignorance

2. pylos26 profile image70

Ignorant in what sense?... that of prayer. One must be ignorant regarding prayer if that one believes prayers are actually answered by some sort of divine immortal living breathing entity. Such belief violates all the rules of common sense. That same common sense that got you where you are today, that same common sense you indisputably believe in.

Bibowen, I apologize if my grammar and or syntax in the attempted use of the King’s English is less than readable or understandable.  I’m really not very smart.

8. andromida profile image57
      andromidaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess it's the best time to publish couple of hubs on "how to pray" smile

1. profile image55
        (Q)posted 13 years agoin reply to this

"How to think" would make for better hubs.

dear Q some things don't change,right. like for instance...err...you?

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

We all are ignorant. Some are more ignorant than others. Usually those that shout the loudest about others' ignorance. How funny and entertaining smile

1. Buck Steiner profile image57
      Buck Steinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was wondering why he wouldn't get that 100% of the worlds population is ignorant....in something!

Yep, entertaining!

2. earnestshub profile image80

G'Day Misha. I see you have enough followers now for a small army! I hope you don't get radical! lol

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Ernest smile

I hope so too - but I can't guarantee wink

3. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

why are people ignoring is the real question. Why are they obsessed with material influence. Satan? i think not, try science and similar ritual belief systems that serve only the narcissistic tendency....

1. DavitosanX profile image60
        DavitosanXposted 13 years agoin reply to this

1. Most of the time, we only experience that which is material. It's hard not to be moved by material stuff.

2. Science is not a belief system. It's a method used to prove phenomena.

4. profile image0
      SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You must be talking about the one who opened this ignorant thread.

1. Misha profile image62

Obviously - but there are others, including myself smile

5. pylos26 profile image70

of course we are all ignorant...did you think i was talking about just russians.

1. Misha profile image62

Was it an insult attempt? It failed smile

1. profile image0
          kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

badly. lol sucker

hi babe!

I happen to know that on average Russians have a 33% higher IQ worldwide.  There is documented research, but I reckon with my mood today you best take my word for it.

have a great day big_smile

1. Misha profile image62

LOL Thanks Kimberly smile

But seriously I would argue it does not really depend on a nationality or nation or whatever you call it. How you have been brought up makes much more difference IMO. smile

1. profile image0

true my friend big_smile

2. pylos26 profile image70

Only a fool would have missed my intent.

3. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 13 years ago

What did they do? Poll the CNN news room?

1. Buck Steiner profile image57
      Buck Steinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He said ignorant, not completely clueless.

lol lol lol

4. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 13 years ago

Wonder what the percentage is for Aussies??

1. Misha profile image62

I guess 100%, as for everybody else tongue

1. blondepoet profile image67
        blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LMAO I was wondering how they got that percentage for Americans. I concluded they were doing a survey for "Ignorance" and only 17% saw it. smile

2. Randy Godwin profile image62

What is the percentage of church goers there?  Divide by One!

smile

2. DavitosanX profile image60

To be fair, there's a difference between being deluded and being ignorant.

I think one may be deluded much easier because of their ignorance.

That is true.

5. pylos26 profile image70

USA Today's national prayer day poll.

6. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

It really doesn't matter what I say or what I'm about to say because biblical history records mankind as selfish, evil.  If there are those who take exception to this-you may certainly do so but ask yourself the question What are the Ten Commands For? some people think it's for living a life which is pleasing to God-(That is true, but only partially true) the Ten Command is so that we can better get along With Each Other.  No volume of written laws by man will ever improve up on the Ten Commandments.

Ignorance is to be expected when one has a society that's focused on greed and selfishness.  “SHOW ME THE MONEY!”  So many People believe the only purpose on this planet is to take as much as you can possible take then die-(Now That's Sad).

If there is no higher goal in life then riches because afterwards there's nothing else what's the point of expanding one's mind?  Living with the ideal there is no God means we as people have no purpose, something got screwed up in this so-called Big Bang theory and people happened to show-up.  Human role models we can find day and night- mature upstanding human role models well there's a challenge for you.

The ten commandments were around much longer than the written language.  In fact, there aren't ten commandments at all.  Some cover others. 

These basic primitive tribal rules are necessary for community harmony.  They form the basics even for those primitive tribes never subjected to  christian beliefs.  I doubt seriously very few could have read the tablets they were claimed to be etched into because of the lack of literacy at the time.

2. DavitosanX profile image60

indeed, mankind has no set purpose. It is that fact that lets us choose a purpose for our own lives.

1. KFlippin profile image60
        KFlippinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Its good to read your posts, glad you are here.

3. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You say

'Living with the ideal there is no God means we as people have no purpose'

LOL!
      Why everything has to be about a God, nobody has proof that exists ?
      that's what doesn't have a purpose !
      lol

4. Shadesbreath profile image78
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You know, I actually agree with this.  Having a god that you truly believe in, an afterlife or some sort of eternal experience that is earned or bestowed after living a kind and respectful life is a valuable thing.  Studies of religions around the world have shown for more than a century the value of having a supernatural justification for acting decently, especially given the selfish nature of the human animal.

The "unfortunate" rise of science has blown up the myths that the modern (last 2 millennia or so) incarnations of religion came up, so a new set of religions have to rise.  We are in a place of religious flux that hasn't been seen since polytheism gave way to monotheism. 

I think the new iterations are going to require some amazing science and a person of charismatic force to carry off.  But, these individuals do arise, and given a few years after their death, the legend grows and maybe people will have hope again. (Hopefully the new religion won't have to be spread through massacre, torture and the horrors that mark the spread of Christianty and Islam in huge swaths of history.)

Until then, it becomes a matter of evolved social behavior trumping animal behaviors that haven't quite been flushed out of our genetic codes yet.

1. Paraglider profile image88
        Paragliderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Shadesbreath - I always enjoy your commentary, on almost anything.
        Hope al's well smile

7. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 13 years ago

I just Pray they get over their ignorance smile

1. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think that will work ! lol

8. premierkj profile image68
    premierkjposted 13 years ago

'83% of Americans are ignorant'

This makes no sense. How can it be judged? Is this based on exam results, in which case it would be better to say they are unintelligent . Ignorance is more like a scale. It can't be black or white because everyone knows something and nobody knows everything.

1. profile image0

cool

9. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

roll

10. I am DB Cooper profile image62
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

I don't think this divisiveness is really necessary. I don't believe in prayer, but I think calling those that do ignorant is trolling, especially when the effectiveness of prayer cannot be proven one way or another by anything other than anecdotal evidence. It would have been much easier (and more kind) to simply ask for a discussion of the poll results. I, for one, am a little surprised that the number of people believing in prayer is so high, but not at all surprised that the numbers are particularly high in the "Bible belt".

11. calpol25 profile image59
    calpol25posted 13 years ago

I wonder what the percentage is for us British?

If you get the same answer as us Aussies did here it will be 100% Cal ROFL!!!!!

I resemble that remark BP! lol

You sent us over here as convicts.
      We have all the sunshine, money, beaches and babes! Wot's wrong with this picture Cal? lol

12. pylos26 profile image70

Shadesbreath...hope you are well...remembering two years ago when you encourged me to stick with hubpages.

13. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

There is no doubt that all of humanity is ignorant.
    The majority of humanity is monotheistic.
    Monotheists are "primitively" ignorant and constitute the "lesser evolved" of the human species.
    That level of "ignorance" jeopardizes the survival of all life on the planet.

Quark...as usual your intelligence is outstanding and thanks for the contribution to the thread.

please email me about your happenings...rj

14. Ashmi profile image61
    Ashmiposted 13 years ago

How easy it is to confuse begging for prayer. Prayer is not meant for personal benefit. It is a device in order to go beyond the mind, and its constant chatter. One prayer or word to get rid of all thought and bring the mind to a serene and tranquil state....I am surprised the level of ignorance is so low. I would have thought it was closer to 99%...but this is for the whole of humanity, not just Americans.

1. profile image55

Really? I was just commenting on another Christians views of how happy they were that their prayers were answered and they got a parking spot.

Seems to be some real discrepancies here.

1. Ashmi profile image61
        Ashmiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How many times did they pray for a parking spot and never got one? We tend to remember what we want to remember. When it doesn't come true we conveniently forget we prayed for it....it is like a gambler who only counts when he wins but never talks about the many times he loses.

The essence of prayer and meditation has been lost down the centuries. People have very little idea about what it means to be spiritual, and asking for personal favors is not one of them.

1. profile image55

I would suspect that it is probably the same amount of times people who don't pray and get parking spots, maybe even less. In other words, prayer doesn't work. It's just hit and miss.

No, it's called coincidence.

Yet, it is one of them with so many believers. I would suspect you might not agree with that, but that is the essence of religion; conflict.

1. Ashmi profile image61

I don't think the essence of religion is conflict. Conflict is a result of ignorance. So called religious people are extremely ignorant of their own faith. They are not following the essence of their religion and so conflict and misery results.

1. profile image55

And, religion is the result of ignorance.

So, can we conclude that religious fundamentalists are the only real religious people and that we should follow their examples?

1. Ashmi profile image61

Well, I'm not talking about rituals and ceremonies or taking so called holy books literally. If this is what you mean by religion then  I agree, there is a lot of ignorance.

Why do you say fundamentalists are the only religious people? Fundamentalists or any extremist group have hijacked religion. They have an insane ideology which in their ignorance believe and have placed it under the name of religion, but it has nothing to do with religion.

The stories of the holy books are simply ways of saying things. We have lost the meaning and so invent what we like. This does not mean religion is not valid.

1. profile image55

That is the basis of all religions, the scriptures, the holy books.

You alluded to that when you said people are 'extremely ignorant of their faith' - it is only the fundamentalists that take their faith seriously, word for word. Is that not what god wants them to do? Or, should they pick and choose what they want to believe and discard the rest?

It has everything to do with their religion as they follow their religious tenets to the tee.

I was under the impression holy books were the word of god. Is that not true?

Maybe, but it most certainly means religion is useless.

1. Ashmi profile image61

The fundamentalists do not follow their religion to the tee. Read the scriptures and you will see that they choose what they like and ignore what they don't like.

The Holy books are full of contradictions. It would be impossible to follow all and yet adhere to the main commandments, of which there are two. These two are in every tradition, ....love God and neighbour.

If they do not comply with those two teachings then they are not following the ESSENCE of their religion but are picking and choosing.

2. Ashmi profile image61

The books were written and edited by men to suit there material agendas. However: within the writings are contained the words of men such as Jesus etc who were extremely enlightened.

This is the reason I think why religion has never disappeared; simply because among the B.S is also the truth.

We all know that the best lie is always the one that contains a little truth.

15. Gabriel Wilson profile image91
    Gabriel Wilsonposted 13 years ago

A lot of people find comfort in religion. I myself am not religious but, from experiencing the troubles of others and seeing them believe in a God that gives them strength and helps them get on with their day or week... that's hardly ignorance!
    I don't think the idea is to pray for actual things anyway, what I know of Christianity, prayers are suppose to be about things like guidance.
    I hate to think people can be called ignorant, because they have faith and believe their prayers are answered. As I said I'm not religious, but perhaps those that are would think me ignorant for not even trying!

1. Ashmi profile image61

Ignorance is simply lacking knowledge of a particular subject. We are all ignorant in many things, not for being ignorant are we any worse than anybody else.

16. JulesGerome profile image61
    JulesGeromeposted 13 years ago

Prayer is Hope. Sometimes is answered. Doesn't have anything to do with understanding our life or not.

Exactly. It certainly doesn't have anything to do with one's intelligence, or what they know or don't know either and that was my point.

it seems some here want to make the OP about religion and the existence of God, but that's another debate.

1. JulesGerome profile image61
        JulesGeromeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agree! But people here tend to pick up fights everywhere ! LOL
        Is this something 'normal' here ?

"Exactly. It certainly doesn't have anything to do with one's intelligence, or what they know or don't know either and that was my point."

No, it doesn't have anything to do with intelligence unless it pertains to one's inability to learn  But it does have something to do with what one doesn't know.  Being ignorant is simply the lack of knowledge about some particular subject.

Example : many Christians are ignorant of the way the Bible was compiled. and how Christianity was founded.  They just accept the views of their respective religious teachers without bothering to ever check things for themselves.  Blind faith.

Now you're making a generalization that may not be based in fact. How many Christians are many? Also, you are making the assumption that blind faith or a lack of knowledge about the formation of a particular religion is equal to ignorance, and again, this shows your lack of command of facts. The implication here is, that if someone is lacking of knowledge on one subject they are therefore ignorant, and that you are knowledgeable in every subject and therefore are not.

I think I can safely claim that no one knows everything and that even mankind in total doesn't know everything, and since you don't know everything can I now conclude that you are just as ignorant as someone with blind faith?

No implication from me.  One can be ignorant of one thing and knowledgeable about another.  My assumption comes from talking to many Christians about the Bible.

Very few of them know how or who compiled the Bible.  In fact, no one knows who the original authors were or even if the stories are real or myth.  Most of those when asked who wrote the Bible said it was the inspired word of God.  How did they know?  Their parents and ministers said so.  No need for facts.  So they are ignorant of what is actually known about the origin of their Bible.

So what you are saying is you know from personal experience that some Christians are ignorant about certain facts or details concerning the Bible. I can agree with that.

That's quite different than saying 83% of Americans are ignorant because they believe their prayers were answered.

I didn't comment on the poll being a sure sign of ignorance on any subject, just the Bible.  Believers pray for their family and friends whenever something bad occurs to of them.  If prayers worked, Christians would live longer, healthier, happier lives than anyone else.  I suppose the other religious cults would also because they too pray regularly.

It is hard to believe starving children wouldn't pray for food though!

1. profile image55

Interesting, it appears that blissful ignorance does in fact win out over intelligence.

So, the decision would be to live a longer life in ignorance than a shorter one with understanding.

Hmmm... tough decision.  wink

Interesting but not conclusive at all.  Many forms of meditation lower stress.  Listening to soothing music also lowers stress.  Petting your dog or cat, the same.  If only the religious elderly survived it would be more impressive.  The study seems to be from a religious viewpoint at a religious facility.  Not very impressive.

2. profile image55

Have you ever noticed that prayer is never answered when it comes to the tens of thousands of children who starve to death every day?

Surely, you must have noticed.

Prayer is a personal experience.It doesn't work for thousands of people. If that would be the case, no illness, nor wars, nor accidents would happen.

How convienient.

Yes, it's very convenient for some people. You have a problem with that ?

1. profile image55

Would you say that face to face to starving children?

What starving children have to do with  prayer ? As I said before, prayer is a personal experience. Ufff !!! Do I have to repeat everything ? Go and read my posts. Wow ! LMAO!!

I said :
                Prayer is a personal experience.It doesn't work for thousands of people. If that would be the case, no illness, nor wars, nor accidents would happen

God !! LOL

1. profile image55

Simple. Prayer is the only way your god will feed the starving children, that is, if he has time to do so while he attends to your personal needs.

It doesn't work for anyone, be honest.

Ask the persons who pray !
                    Why are so so traumatized with Religion? A lot of psychological reasons I find in your attitude.

2. profile image55

Yes, one is simply talking to themselves.

So, what you're saying is that prayer only works for special people?

Again, notice it NEVER works for many thousands of children who starve to death every day?

So, just who are these special people? Are you one of them? If so, why don't you pray to your god to feed those children so they don't die a horrible, painful, agonizing death?

I never said prayers were for special people. I said it was a personal experience.  And that it work for some. Where's the word 'special' in that comment ?
            Don't you know how to read ?
            You're so blind !
            Get some glasses, please ! LOL

1. profile image55

I added that in because it's clear you have claimed that prayer only works for some people and not others. Clearly, those people have to be special in some way.

And, since tens of thousands of children die every day from starvation, we can assume they weren't the special ones.

So, are you going to answer my question and explain why prayer works for those special people and not for others?

And, if prayer works for you, are you going to pray to your god to feed the children?

You're too blind, or you're trying to pick a fight. LOL I quit school ages ago, kid!.

There's nothing 'special' in a person praying. It's a state of mind and soul. Some people get their prayers answered.Maybe because they have enough Faith as to achieve that. I don't know. And I'm not a prayer person.

Hunger doesn't go away with prayers. It goes away with money to buy food.

Be a good child and stop arguing with me. It's getting very boring ! LOL

1. profile image55

No need to add fallacies to your argument, it's already very weak.

Those are the very special people that have plenty to eat, a nice home, etc.? God is very good to them, but is very evil in that he answers these very special peoples prayers while children starve to death.

What a god!

Yet, you make a lot of claims regarding how prayer works for special people and not for others.

And, now we get to the crux of the apostrophe, so to speak. You just contradicted yourself.

If things happen, it wasn't because of prayers, it was because it just happened that way, like your example with food and money.

But, let's take your contradiction one step further. We can see through the use of prayer that good, honest believers living in first world countries believe their gods provide for them through prayer. Yet, in third world countries, god does not provide.

In other words, money talks and bullshit walks.

Personal insults only make your argument weaker, if that were actually possible. Of course, you can't back up anything you claim and you realize that, hence the insults.

Well done. wink

Where are the insults? Point them out for me, please !
                    Maybe the word 'child' doesn't have your approval ?

If being a child is an insult for you, you're insulting all children, including the ones that you're so concerned about.

As I said before, I'm not arguing with you anymore.
                    Where's the fair play, when you accuse me of insulting you, when I haven't done so ?

2. leeberttea profile image57

You are assuming that they are all praying for food when in fact, they may not be. You are also suggesting that you have some knowledge of how prayer works while suggesting it is fallacy. No matter how much one prays for a pink elephant to dance the ballet in a purple tutu while trumpeting a trombone with his trunk playing "When The Saints Go Marching In" and beating a bass drum with his tail while blue M&Ms pour from the sky in one's bedroom, it's not likely that it would be answered even if it could be!

1. profile image55

In other words, prayer doesn't work?

In other words prayer will do nothing for YOU.

1. profile image55

Okay, tell me then what prayer does for you other than anything you can't tell yourself to do?

17. ceciliabeltran profile image63
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

we are all ignorant. someone who claims to know more than others is perhaps the most ignorant of all. we know what we know and that can't be all there is to be known. truly ignorant people do not even know they are ignorant at all and have the gall to mock others of their ignorance

Americans are ignorant of many things but then they are aware of many things too. If you've always been rich, you're ignorant of poverty. If you're poor you've always been poor you're ignorant of wealth. Ignorance is neither bliss nor curse. Ignorance is just a fact of life. We are all ignorant of something. So lets just say we are blind monks feeling up an elephant. We see aspects but not the whole. So lets feel the critter up some more and share info!

1. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And in the mean time we have a very happy elephant

lol

2. profile image0

Colorful, Ceci. jeje
      True, people in every type of lifestyle ignore the elements of the other types, for reasons of superstition to rage. We do know, which is the ultimate elephant in the room. That knowing is what scares/forces people into that ignorance. It is the mass deluge and ion of it that we need to find out what we already know. Ironically, humans spend their entire lives either pretending they found it or forgetting they did.

This is so true, sometimes we hide what we know because we fear isolation. wink

3. Randy Godwin profile image62

Exactly!  I am completely ignorant of how a woman's mind works! LOL!

ok, imagine your brain, but with a bigger corpus callosum wink

lol lol Can we men imagine that? lol It may take a larger corpus callosum than we have! lol

good thing its an anatomical fact. you can just study neuro if its hard to imagine lol

I seen the pics, & see what the problem is.
              You guys can fire with both barrels! lol Cerebrally speaking of course

You "seen" the pics?

Oh dear me! Now we are addressing word use that none the less are self explanatory. I thought we all made mistakes, but as it happens I meant to write have. Grow up! smile

All grown up already!

So, now 'seen' isn't just bad grammar, it's now an accidental use when 'have' was intended. New one for me. Okay, given that, you 'have' the photos or 'pics'!  Do share!

In the flaccid stage or when it's angry?

Your need to sexualize a religious forum topic, in the interest of degrading that topic, is ......quite ignorant.  smile Chow.

I am deeply sorry!  I forgot how sensitive you are!  Consider me........chagrined!   German Shepherd!

Or did you mean to say Ciao?  (for you Earnest) LOL

2. ceciliabeltran profile image63

the one rodwin's mistaking for a brain.

Don't knock it! Most of my thinking was done with it as a young man! lol

lol I'm happy for you that the one on top has begun to take over.

Yes, testosterone is the enemy of us all! lol

but it makes the mens eyebrows thick, the jawline square and the muscles prominent. I thank testosterone for brad pitt

18. ceciliabeltran profile image63

which is why women can talk at the same time and still understand each other, can multitask and can see an affair waiting to happen with just one look! lol you guys were cheated out of a cool piece of equipment in exchange of that thing that is flacid at times. Ah well.

19. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

The female advantage seems to be like running a wider bus in a computer. Their is more capacity to move information from one cortex to the other. smile

i suppose it has something to do with child-rearing. Ever cooked and kept a kid from falling from the table while another kid is saying "mom wash my tooshie now! its gross!"? You really need to have the right equipment to process all that.

Don't I know it!
        I looked after my 3 youngest grandchildren when their mom was in hospital and they all had diarrhoea and the flu.

The nappies were the worst I've encountered and were needed constantly every few hours day and night for a week. Looking after the animals, (2 cats. a dog and a parrot) giving medicine to the kids, cleaning up vomit.

When my daughter came home I was a wreck! She does it everyday with 5 of them! smile

yep, see that's why that wiry thing got bigger, need faster processing speed!

You ain't just whistlin Dixie! lol

ooh. wish i knew what that meant...sorry my foreign english no understand.

I'm not surprised! It is an American expression I believe, and I don't speak proper English either, being Australian! lol
                I meant to say "You are indefatigably correct!"  lol

An old American "war of Northern Aggression" saying. Never watched " The Outlaw Josie Wales"?

Naaah, I hate westerns, i hate it when people who look like my uncles get shot at.

What does it mean Randy? smile

During the American Civil War confederate soldiers would whistle the song "Dixie" as a way to let other rebels know they were "friendly."  Of course, sometimes it was used by the northern soldiers to try to fool them so they could get closer.  In this case, "they weren't just whistling Dixie."

20. ceciliabeltran profile image63

(oh, i wish i was in the mood to flirt with someone but i'm too married and I like religion forums too much(sigh)...mega1 is doing spanish songs with tractor guy in the other forum)

I think language evolves from cultural events. Like the F word came from "pluck" because the arrows are plucked from the the bow using the middle finger.

21. NightEmpress profile image61
    NightEmpressposted 13 years ago

I'd rather don't say anything ! lol

22. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

yes, that's going to help the ignorance -endless priori of human condition (The Ism); expressed by evoking banter or banter evoking. Best to both sides, I'm going fishing. big_smile

but i just got here, we can do our routine of constantly saying "I agree" "You're right"

1. profile image0

nods. i agree.

ps: bah-hhhhhh.

lol i agree

23. ceciliabeltran profile image63

magnanimity must not be met with arrogance...that too is ignorance.

24. ceciliabeltran profile image63

you see...it never ends

2. profile image0

40, love. love all. deuce.
      anyone for tea? jeje

I'm off to central park to have tea, as in right now. wink Let the monkey hate his cage on his own.

25. ceciliabeltran profile image63

don't feed monkeys

26. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Hi friends

Ignorant of what?

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

27. pylos26 profile image70

sir...I answered that question 3 posts back to Bibowen.

1. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend pylos26

Sorry; now I have found your response.

It is not good not to pray; prayer or giving thanks to the Creator- God Allah YHWH is essential; it attunes us with our evolutions and aligns us to the purpose of our creation. This way we are saved from confusion and could enjoy our life fully here and also in the hereafter. Prayers are accepted by the Creator- God Allah YHWH; and none else accepts them or helps human beings.

Thanks

Don’t know you well enough to accept your friendship yet!...perhaps later cus your tone frightens me.

It is also not bad not to pray…lots feel the foolishness of praying… as they wouldn’t have a clue of who to approach for such goings-on and also they see it as simply bullshit. The purpose of life obviously is procreation and it don’t give a shit whether the birthed or sprouted flourishes or perishes, but its damned well going to birth and sprout. Sorry, I have no idea what allah is and probably don’t care as whatever it is already sounds boring. Thank you for posting on my thread.

1. profile image51
          paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend pylos26

Friendship is always good; it harms nobody.

Thanks

28. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

In what sense? Are they illiterate?

Thanks

29. TMMason profile image60
    TMMasonposted 13 years ago

Ignorant because we have faith, Paas.

The leftists can't wait till they have killed God.

30. pylos26 profile image70

I suppose leftists (whatever that is)will just have to wait.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)