What would be the fastest way to lose weight?

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (69 posts)
  1. michelle.dragon99 profile image57
    michelle.dragon99posted 14 years ago

What is your comment on fastest way to lose weight? Some people choose the natural ways for losing weight through dieting and practice exercises. But are you sure you determined enough for achiving your weight loss goal by using natural way? or you need helps and guidance from slimming experts? Lets share....

1. Drew Breezzy profile image63
      Drew Breezzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

running hands down

2. kayus4321irka profile image56
      kayus4321irkaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

there are no fastest ways of losing weight.you have to know which weight loss program you can be disciplined to adhere to.it could be your diet adjustment,exercises,natural means.choose the one that suit you.

2. memorygraphics profile image60
    memorygraphicsposted 14 years ago

seriously
    get typhoid

michelle.dragon99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hie memorygraphics....thanks for your reply.....

1. memorygraphics profile image60
        memorygraphicsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

mention not
        always ready to help cute girls

2. Davinagirl3 profile image60
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, it is true!  Terrible, but true. lol

3. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

If I were aiming to lose weight I'd consider what calories should be cut out and add some physical activity.  I'd figure out any things I was doing that made me particularly want/need certain foods/drinks, and change what I was doing.  (My sister gets home from work late, after not eating anything past lunch.  She's so hungry she snacks on crackers while she's cooking dinner.  That's the kind of thing people need to eliminate.)  I'd never consider involving any "slimming experts" in the personal business of my weight.  Some people like or want "support" from others in whatever they're doing.  Some (like me) don't want to turn their personal business into a "whole, big, thing that involves other people".  smile   I think if people have trouble doing it on their own it's because they have other issues going on, and I'm not sure "slimming experts" would be of any help on some of those issues.

hie Lisa...thanks for your comments....i do agreed on your point....there was no fastest way to lose weight....the pillar factor that will make you achieve your goal is your self-determination.....but we need to admit that certain good meal replacement product are really good for weight loss....like me myself...i went through an actual fat-slim-fat-slim weight loss experiences....the highest weight that i got was about 182 lbs...but now I'm stay fit and slim with only 101lbs...

4. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

I use to feel like a beached whale after having my babies (4) so would just set their 1st birthday as my goal date to lose the weight I gained which I did, no problem. Takes time, no such thing as speedy weight loss.

lol Memorygraphics, promoting disease isnt healthy either, lol

hi dame....thanks for your feedback......u sure can do it....i was one of the success stories which successfully reduce my weight from 180 lbs come to 101 pounds.....keep up

5. VioletSun profile image80
    VioletSunposted 14 years ago

I count calories, I eat at various times during the day, but just pick low calorie foods and stay under 1,000 calories a day, drink plenty of water, green tea, and also exercise by getting on the treadmill. I try to make it enjoyable or else I won't stick to the diet.  smile

hie violetsun....thank you so much for your feedback smile.....as what you practice, this is what we should do for maintaining weight...but for some people that would like to reduce lots of weight, then he or she should consider for taking effective meal replacement food like protein shakes....

2. memorygraphics profile image60

u know counting calorie is very difficult and exercise on trademill doesnt serve the purpose
      . see how it works
      if u have                 tradmill workout
      a piece of potato chip      20 minutes of walking <speed 6>
      a small choclate bar          30 minutes of running<speed 7.5>
      so u know wat will happen when a burger or stuff like tat is
      taken

6. soni2006 profile image75
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

Try accupressure. It is working for my 125 kg 5 feet 9 inch high friend.

hie Soni...so kind of you....nice to meet u....thanks for joining my fan club smile

7. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

I walk more and cut out starch and sweets. I hate to count calories, but most of them are in sweet starchy things. If I eat only healthy stuff--fresh fruits and veggies and lean meats--it's hard to get too many calories. smile

hie pgrundy......you practiced the good eating habits and indeed is it good for health.....take fresh food better that preserved food....this is a good thing that other member should take note smile

8. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Smaller meals and more exercise... just a little bit at a time works pretty well I think.

hi earnestshub....thks fr ur feedback:)....ur comments of course will enabling a person for loosing weight....but nd longer time.....anyhow....it is a natural way for weight loss, y nt?

9. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Different things work for different people but exercise would be a good start...

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

People have amazing differences in metabolism. A friend of mine gets overweight if he ads a glass of wine to a meal too often. He eats far less than me, and healthier, yet I remain slim while he has to fight to keep his weight down everyday, so I feel it can be very hard for some to lose much weight no matter what they do.

1. Lady_E profile image61
        Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's true Earnest. My friend tells me she only has to look at a Cake and she puts on some pounds. Lol

2. michelle.dragon99 profile image57

hi lady.....agreed smile

10. janni321 profile image58
    janni321posted 14 years ago

chopping is the fastest way to lose a lots of weight smile

hi janni...provided u hav a klon:)

1. janni321 profile image58
        janni321posted 14 years agoin reply to this

what is klon? anybody tell me plz

hi janni...klon means u have another duplicate body...

11. creativeMind profile image63
    creativeMindposted 14 years ago

simple...eat less

hi creative mind....true eat less....but must eat the right food:)

12. Daniel72 profile image57
    Daniel72posted 14 years ago

For every meal, eat less portion and exercise daily to burn the extra fat in your body.

13. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

theres lots and lots of wasy to loose weight fast. all unhealthy. it took x amount of time to gain the weight, its going to take time to get it off. Of course you could take a pill, stop eating, have surgery, but it wont last forever, and the weight will come right back on. shift your focus to being healthy, and the rest will follow.

1. memorygraphics profile image60

this would surely workout i guess
      the best comment here
      tanks

2. michelle.dragon99 profile image57

hi dennisematt....agreed...thanks...although dieting and exercises take time....but both of them are the "golden pillar" for bringing success in weight loss..smile

14. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Water , lots ,sometimes our bodies are actually thirtsy , but we think we want food.

Fruit , Veges , Fish , Chicken , Lentils , whole grains

Watermelon and Cucumber has no calories.

Sugary an fat foods are ok  in moderation, just make them a treat.

Now if I could just follow my own advice lol

hi eagle kiwi......great comments....go for low cal n low sugar food...besides weight loss, good for health also...

15. James S. Thornton profile image61
    James S. Thorntonposted 14 years ago

I wrote a hub entitled How To Lose Weight Fast.

Perhaps you ought to read it.

(along with the 24 other weight loss hubs I've written)

wink

hi james...will take a look smile

16. AsherKade profile image58
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

get a divorce....

17. Valerie F profile image61
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

There are lots of ways to lose weight fast, but none are very healthy or guaranteed to keep the weight off permanently. It all boils down to three things:

1. Watch portion sizes. Lots of people don't know what a serving of anything is. I found measuring cups extremely helpful here.

2. Eat only the right kinds of food, and drink plenty of water. I eliminated fruit juice from my diet, substituting whole fruit and a glass of water instead, which gives me all the nutrition, more of the fiber, and fewer calories than fruit juice.

3. Get active. In my case, I almost completely eliminated in-town driving in favor of walking or bicycle commuting. I also joined a gym, but as my contract's almost up, I'm finding many other ways to work out without as much expense.

Because of this, I recently dropped 40 pounds and have a 28 inch waist again.

hi valerie........thanks for your feedback.....thanks for your great view....i agreed fully on it....smile

18. AsherKade profile image58
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

join the Y

19. profile image0
    iamqweenbeeposted 14 years ago

I went for brisk walks!

hi qweenbee....thanks for your reply.....exercise must come along with dieting, then only you can get your desired weight...

20. advisor4qb profile image77
    advisor4qbposted 14 years ago

You don't look like you need to lose weight at all!

hi advisor4qb....now i really no need to....but if u knows me 4 years back then u will strongly encouraged me to lose weight fast haha...highest weight that i achieved was about 181 lbs which about 85kg....with my height 164cm..

21. profile image0
    Sidney Rayneposted 14 years ago

Amphetamines and soup diet....10 lbs in 10 minutes. Fugetaboutit!

**Makes sure you go with clear broth as well...

hi Sidney Rayne...good suggestion...thanks smile

22. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

A Death Camp.  But I don't recommend it.

23. profile image0
    Sidney Rayneposted 14 years ago

Beyond amphetamines and soup...I think there is pretty simple principle to weight loss.

-6 small meals a day
    -Cut out the sugar (as much as possible)including overeating certain high sugar fruits
    - Watch your carbs at night...biggest mistake is a bowl of ice cream before going to bed. Or eating an entire bag of pretzels...they may be low in fat but they are high in carbs and will metabolize into sugar while you are resting your peepers.
    -Protein, protein, protein...did I say protein? I generally say to try and consume at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight...which is actually not that hard to achieve. And this does not mean gulping down whey protein at every meal...a meal replacement shake is a good option in the morning and / or at night....as well as eating a good portion of chicken or fish during the day

If you are watching your weight...chances are you working out in some regard...so ingesting the proper amount of protein will help rebuild your muscle fiber more rapidly...less down time due to being sore...better results.

And finally...WATER.

The biggest thing to remember is that proper weight loss does not happen overnight...sure you will see results soon enough...but for the long term benefits it is better to try and adhere to a natural regime and skip the fad diets and over the counter amphetamines (Hydroxycut...Ripped Fuel...etc). Some of these can help kick start your metabolism if needed...but a one month cycle and a swift kick to the curb is the most I would recommend.

**Edit...FASTEST does not usually mean the best or healthiest.

Cheers!

Again, great ideas Sidney....thank you so much for your detailed instruction....

24. profile image58
    dwippyposted 14 years ago

Rodeo clowns are pretty skinny.

25. profile image52
    LittleMissKirstiposted 14 years ago

Hi my name is naomi and im aneraxe I eat about 800 cailors a day and i dont give my self enfo food. The best thing to do is to eat 2100 a day if your about like 20 . What would probly be best for you is inside of a cookie eat a grapes or some sort of fuirt. Inside of going to to a fast food place for lunch go home have a sandwich mac'n cheeses or top roman fuirt and water. Do that about three times a day. But if you have a snacking problem snack on grapes or a hethy cracker. Also to help get your matablesme active go for about a 40 minute walk two times a day. I wish you the best of luck.

hi littlemisskirsti.....cut down calories is the best for for weight loss fast...in fact this is the result from dieting...but i would said that maybe it should b implement in short eay but not in long run....caused it might damage your health...

26. Pamda Man profile image58
    Pamda Manposted 14 years ago

Fastest way to lose weight is to get a knife and cut the parts where you think it's fat. But if you die, don't blame me. Well, that's the risk you have to take to become slimmer.

27. Jenny30 profile image60
    Jenny30posted 14 years ago

I lost 20 pounds by eating 6 small meals a day. Never skip breakfast cause it boosts your metabolism. I walk for 30 minutes and sometimes longer a day. Every second day I do Pilates. Pilates is a great way to tone especially the stomache muscles! I would recommend doing it the natural way instead of all the diet pills out there on the market. Its much safer and healthier!

28. profile image56
    loseweightfast24posted 14 years ago

weight loss pill

not all weight loss pills are safe to consume, if it is needed then go for herbs weight loss pills, constructed from natural ingredients like green tea

29. elainevc profile image60
    elainevcposted 14 years ago

Eat let, exercise more.

Or purchase a Wii & Wii fit and follow the exercise routines haha smile

30. karpouzian profile image60
    karpouzianposted 14 years ago

Check one of my hubs.  I lost a lot of weight really quickly...  I don't want to post the hub link, but you can figure out which one smile

31. EfusjonSeattle profile image60
    EfusjonSeattleposted 14 years ago

Detox smile

I heard counting calories works very well!

32. goodfriendiam profile image60
    goodfriendiamposted 14 years ago

I stopped worrying about my weight. Just plain stopped and now I am losing weight. When I see myself starting to worry, lets say because I want a piece of cheesecake, I say away with you worry, I'm having my cheesecake and you know what I eat it and enjoy it, and I go on with my life. And I have noticed, I actually eat less, no kidding. Nothing is off limits, if I want it, I eat it, and I think just the mere fact that I eat what i want, and feel no guilt, is why I eat less. Hope this helps

33. Fitness ACE profile image60
    Fitness ACEposted 14 years ago

I notice most of the posts on this are either diet, exercise, or both.  While both of these are needed in order to maintain weight loss, the truth is diet plays a bigger role in weight loss than exercise.  The best recommendation I give people as a personal trainer myself is to follow three steps.

1: Know how many calories your taking in each day and where they are coming from like fat, carbs, and protein. My blog on weight augmentation shares the formula to figure this out.

2:  Build a healthy eating plan based on the seperation of total fat, carbs, and protein split between 5 to seven meals a day.

3: After you know how much to take in daily, add or subtract from your total calorie count and readjust your nutrient balance.

After all of this is understood, get out there and exercise using both aerobic and strength training to help change the balance of lean muscle and bodyfat.  Remember this simple rule. changing your diet changes your bodyfat and changing your activity level changes your lean muscle! 

If you have any questions on figuring out these numbers go to my hubs and look under weight augmentation.  It will show you how to calculate your daily goals and nutrient balances.  Thanks for reading

cool idea, practical and precise....i support your ideas:)

34. White Teeth profile image60
    White Teethposted 14 years ago

Honestly, the FASTEST way to lose weight...meta-amphetamines with low carb diet...

The next best way...tons of exercise...did you ever see the show "The Biggest Loser"...they work out all the time...

Next best way...five small meals a day with moderate exercise...though the whole secret to dieting is how to work past the plateaus...

35. arthriticknee profile image67
    arthritickneeposted 14 years ago

cut your leg off

36. kamagrabuy profile image60
    kamagrabuyposted 14 years ago

have a healthy diet which contains sprouts,green vegetablets,fresh fruits.
    workout regularly.
    Sleep well, drink lots of water.
    Eat food in small amout after specific interval of time.

37. glendoncaba profile image73
    glendoncabaposted 14 years ago

My wife lost 46 pounds by decreasing starch, and increasing vegetables and water.  I have written two hubs on it.  Now if I could only get her to return to that diet.

Me?  I eat like a farmer's horse and still skinny as a scarecrow.  Metabolism, dear Watson!  Elementary!

38. dl53acy profile image69
    dl53acyposted 14 years ago

I tried eating as much lettuce as I could,(leafy lettuce with low cal. ranch dressing), drink plenty of water, eat oatmeal with no sugar for breakfast with a fruit (banana or watermelon etc.), drink green tea, eat yogart and a fruit for a snack. Do simple exercises such as walking. Within 2 weeks, I've lost 12 pounds. Just do this for 2 weeks and you'll see a difference. Be disciplined, you can do it!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)