jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (17 posts)

If you had the choice - what would you like to do over again?

1. vocalcoach profile image98
    vocalcoachposted 6 years ago

If you had the choice - what would you like to do over again?

If you could, what one thing would you like to be able to do all over again?

2. thesingernurse profile image82
    thesingernurseposted 6 years ago

I wish I could have been braver to pursue my passion in music in an earlier time...

3. H P Roychoudhury profile image47
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 6 years ago

To do a service to the needy whatever way I could do that.

4. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

I would not have brought as many textbooks on my honeymoon trip, but I had my comprehensive exams to go back to when I got back..it turned out I did not study anyway and I did not enjoy my trip as well as I should have..

5. chspublish profile image81
    chspublishposted 6 years ago

I agree with singernurse...I should have taken music as my main interest in college as I now compose it but feel the lack of real technical understanding. At the time i avoided taking music because I was shy on performance, which was a necessary aspect of the study. Nowadays it is possible to specialize in composing or some such.
    Thanks for the question...a good one to ask!

6. Amy Becherer profile image73
    Amy Bechererposted 6 years ago

I would have been more pro-active in my youth towards my future.  I would not have "flowed with tide" on the work front.  When I was young, I could breeze through an interview and often received multiple job offers, but they were jobs that only satisfied my classic underachiever mode of operation. Although my sister, brother and I were raised by the same caring parents, I adopted a blase attitude towards my independence. My college educated sister lives in Hawaii after accepting a lucrative, upper management position with the IRS and my brother went on to become a PhD microbiologist and head chair professor at UC, Davis.

Now, a few years short of retirement, I was laid off from my receptionist job and with little formal education, am competing unsuccessfully with young, college age applicants in a field I detest. However, as long as I am alive, I am using this time to pursue my artistic talents in writing and painting.  And, I continue to look for a job that will sustain me while I try to make my mark in the endeavors I love.

1. Amy Becherer profile image73
      Amy Bechererposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, vocalcoach!  Wishing you a healthy, happy New Year.

7. Dee aka Nonna profile image81
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 6 years ago

Many, many things, however, when I think about it everything that has happened--good and not so good--shaped who I am, and right now I am very happy with that person.  Great question.

8. Rachel Richmond profile image57
    Rachel Richmondposted 6 years ago

I agree with Dee (aka Nonna) .. all the things, good or bad, have made me who I am. And there are too many people that just keep reinventing themselves for the next career because they have fun.  Seriously it's like they have no more fear or regret. smile

9. Cas Merchant profile image59
    Cas Merchantposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't change one minute of my tragic, beautiful, sometimes aweful, rarely sweet life. I like where I ended up too much!

10. shellyakins profile image69
    shellyakinsposted 6 years ago

I'd get into acting when I was a teen.  I discovered it recently and realized I missed out on all those years of being on stage. But I'm loving it now and can't wait for the next play to start up!

11. tonyfischer profile image80
    tonyfischerposted 6 years ago

Sounds silly but I would have never have quit high school football,  On the first week of training camp I blew out my ankle.  It required a cast and I was on the shelf for 6 weeks.  After my ankle healed I returned but ad lost my nerve.  After some weeks of failing in drills at practice I quit instead of accepting a role on Junior varsity.  I should never have quit like that and regret it to this day.  Although I learned a great deal from that failure, I wish I would have done it differently.

12. Bella Nina profile image72
    Bella Ninaposted 6 years ago

Parent my daughter from birth.  I would make fewer mistakes with what I now know.  Wish I knew then what I know now.

Ah, wishful thinking won't get it done.  So, I'll just be the best parent to her now that I can possibly be.

13. womenintouch profile image60
    womenintouchposted 6 years ago

The only thing I would change is the direction  of my education so i could afford to have more children. I loved every part of parenting and would not have changed anyone thing about having the three wonderful girls I had

14. Mary Merriment profile image89
    Mary Merrimentposted 6 years ago

I would have trusted myself more and others less. Many bad paths were set for me when I chose to let others lead me rather than choose to lead myself. Once you get on such a path, it's much more difficult to get on the right one.

15. Sturgeonl profile image82
    Sturgeonlposted 6 years ago

I sure would like to keep what I have learned in life and go back twenty years. If I had to loose that knowledge than I think I would pass on doing it over again.

16. shweta25 profile image64
    shweta25posted 6 years ago

Choose my first LOVE again!!smile)and not pray GOD to give mt this guy or dat guy,jus gimme da ryt guy..

Closed to reply