Addicts helping Addicts

Jump to Last Post 301-350 of 722 discussions (1670 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Well, I know how lonely you feel when you have to separate yourself from the only pack you've known for so long, but it is well worth it. In the case you're going through, I wish you the strength to look past it. And, thank you Lorlie, I appreciate that.  :-)

1. lorlie6 profile image72
      lorlie6posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now if only I didn't absolutely ADORE my husband, I'd lose him, too! yikes)  It's just hard watching him sometimes.

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately, that's for him to come to his own realization. I, myself, am watching my older brother descend into the hazy alcoholic abyss.

It is horrifying to watch those you love fall, but he knows what happened to me, I ended up in the hospital in June of 2008 with acute pancreatitis.  So, I guess he does need to do this in God's time...In the mean time, I'm going to check out your hubs, Denno...

1. profile image0
            lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lethal combination Lorlie,promise me you'll continue to work your program, as you do well, and continue to put yourself first.  It can be (me included) so dangerous when we isolate!

You are a rare treasure my sweet pea.

Hello everybody else, and to you too Drifter, thanks for dropping in, literally, Love you still, always will xo

2. BEAUTYBABE profile image68
    BEAUTYBABEposted 14 years ago

To all recovering addicts I commend you. Its not an easy time for anyone recovering from drugs or alcohol and it is the strongest of wills that triumph over the trials of daily living with an addiction that is so bad that it is soul destroying. I have spent many days in hospital on narcotics and I am on them now but for pain relief. However, the number of times I have been looked down at by people who did not understand that I was on them because I needed them and not because I wanted them, I could not begin to count. I would like to say though there were times when I did myself, think of myself as an addict just because of the whispers behind my back, and in a way even now, I feel like that because I have to have so much each day.I was even on the Methadone Program because I was on Pethidine and they were trying to get me off it. I wish all of you the very best on you battles of whatever addiction you are trying to beat. BB

So glad you joined in, BB, I can imagine those whispers...

2. profile image0

Thanks BB Your a kind woman no doubt  cool

3. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

hi My name is Poet Lorraine.  I am addicted to a few things not hard drugs now, or anything like that, but well hub pages, coffee, and well other things, i may tell you about later.  Is this forum for the likes of me

1. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image60
      I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have the same problem. The hubpages thing happended about 7 months ago... I have so many identities it is difficult to cope sometimes...

1. profile image0
        poetlorraineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

he is really in trouble in lots of his posts he even talks to himself, in about 6 different identities...... the thing is i am in love with them all, they all make sense....... he must be some kind of freak, but he seems to only drink tea

1. profile image0

The most important thing in all of this is your talking about it.  There is nothing that would shock nor cause judgement in this forum or I would ask them to leave immediately and have them banned.

You are safe here.  We maybe crazy, but we're protective.   And we're people who get it.  Your not alone.  Welcome, I sure hope you keep coming back  big_smile

2. profile image0

Hi Poets - there is no substance, situation or behavioral problem that we will ever judge you for.  The only thing one here is held accountable for is to respect an others recovery, whatever that may be.  Agreeing with it or not, itf it works for them, I couldn't be happier.

Also there is no one way of doing one thing.  Recovery is a process and a physical, mental and spiritual Journey the rest of our lives.  Full of mistakes, but also full of miracles- these other farm yard folks can tell ya that.  I do love Farms.

Anyways, do keep coming back ))))))))))))))))))))HUGS((((((((((((((((((((((( and know you are welcome wholeheartedly.

Kimberly  big_smile

2. profile image0
      Wendi Mposted 14 years ago

I see that Audrey's back!

3. elayne001 profile image79
      elayne001posted 14 years ago

I was addicted to Xanax - a prescribed drug for anxiety. The trouble with that pill is that you become resistant to it and have to take more and more to get the same effect. I tried to go off it cold turkey and scared my family half to death. Hallucinations, feeling of agitation and sleeplessness. It was very scary. I finally was able to ween myself off which is a much better way. They said you can have seizures or feel suicidal while going off. Be sure when you are prescribed a medication that you know the best way to get off of it.

1. profile image0

elayne, welcome and yeas you can have seizures amongst many other things. Just glad you got through it safely.

Keep coming back and a big welcome!

2. lorlie6 profile image72

I am so impressed, elayne001, with your honesty.  We're all in the same situation, with varying degrees of sobriety.  I haven't had a drink or used in about 16 months, but boy did I battle those Benzodiazipines. You know, Xanax, Valium, Librium, oh, and there's one more that I can't remember the name of just this minute.  All of them were what I doctor-shopped for.  I would go to any lengths to get my hands on those meds, and feel that my sobriety from them is an even bigger victory than my freedom from alcohol.

4. CheriAmalfi profile image60
      CheriAmalfiposted 14 years ago

I was just reading about that in Biology.  How you use your pleasure receptors when taking drugs and you develop more and more receptors and it takes more and more to give you the feeling you're chasing.  Amazing. 

Anyway - it's a beautiful morning in New Hampshire.  I'm waiting for a good snow fall.

1. profile image0
        Wendi Mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You bite your tongue about snow! Once it starts, it doesn't stop for a while...and unlike you, I get to stay for the whole show!

5. profile image0

Snow? Yipes! It's a great day here in Maine, too. Way past peak, but there are a few die-hard leaves still making the view look beautiful.

1. profile image0

How far up are you?  The leaves are still falling in NH.

1. profile image0

I'm in mid-coast Maine. Some trees still have leaves on them, but many more do not.

6. lorlie6 profile image72
      lorlie6posted 14 years ago

Waaaay over here on the West Coast, we do get some color, since I live so close to the Eastern Sierras.  But we're only at 4,000 ft., so we drive up a coupla thousand and it's magnificent. 
      I have always wanted to visit the Northeast, but never made it-not yet!

1. profile image0

Yo, not Canada?

Sheeit-I just wrote something and lost it, so here I go again...I have bittersweet memories of Canada, Vancouver to be exact.  I went there to marry a man-BAD IDEA-and board a ship to Alaska-GOOD IDEA. I avoided him much of the time, so I loved it.  Crazy days.  Using days.  Drinking days, so what can I say?
          Anyhoo, girl, I wouldn't think of dissing my Lyrics!
          Oh, I forgot-I loved Vancouver and it's Greek food, and I ended up with a Greek.  Love all Greek, I guess!
          Yes, yes, he IS a dish...

1. profile image0

Vancouver men are sooo hot!

7. profile image0

Ditto on that snow reply  ;p

1. profile image0

ditto ditto on snow reply

8. lorlie6 profile image72

Watching you snow folks go back and forth is a trip.  Here in Bishop, Ca, we are just shy of 5.000 feet and get snowfall maybe 4 times per winter.  It is such a joy when it falls...I imagine it can be a pain up there!

1. profile image0

I wouldn't leave this paradise for anything in the world. :-)

Sounds absolutely heavenly.

9. CheriAmalfi profile image60

I'm in the middle of New Hampshire.  Lake Winnipesaukee - very close to Laconia.  Where are you in Maine?

1. profile image0

Sorry about the late reply. Near Boothbay Harbor, so close to the ocean.

10. Rayalternately profile image59
      Rayalternatelyposted 14 years ago

Come to England, it rains here almost every day and it's cold. Damn, that's that job with the Tourist Board lost! big_smile

Yuck!

1. profile image0

Yeah, I think I'll stay in NEW England ;p

2. profile image0

We lived in Belgium for 7 years, it rained a lot there too.

11. profile image0

Hmm, I always seem to miss everyone. :-(

12. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

But England had great men - that accent and mess looks takes me out of this atmosphere!  I feel a trip coming on.

Yeh!  England again - I could get into that - can I say that here?

13. CheriAmalfi profile image60

I love the UK.  Spent some time there when I was living in Belgium.  Needed my English fix.  Also flew over there on 9/10.  Our flight was scheduled to take off on 9/10 out of Boston - they tried to delay us until the 11th, but we got on another flight.  When we were driving to our hotel, our friend Klaus told us "America's under attack".  By the time we checked in, the second plane hit.  I was so depressed, couldn't get in touch with my mom for a day, away from my family.  I don't know how I stayed sober, or yes I do.  The people over there were so nice.  They'd hear our accent and invite us to their house to use their phone.  We couldn't get back to the US for 5 days and I cried the whole time.  We ended up catching the first flight we could into Newark.  It was awful.  We had to fly right by the smoking buildings.  I think I cried as much that week as the year I got sober.

Wow - lots of memories......

14. Rayalternately profile image59

yeah, but they've got waffles to keep them cheery! I could sit all day eating waffles in the rain. smile

15. profile image0

Hmm, she waited a long time for that reply.   ;p

16. Rayalternately profile image59

I'm very unreliable! big_smile

1. profile image0

keep being consistent at being inconsistent-it works for me!  big_smile

17. profile image0

I slept 14 hours -so far behind, 103 messages to leave, HubMob Hub to do, continue my next intimate interview with.............hmmmmmmm.......you'll see,clean up my room, shower, take the dog for a super quick walk, tpe out my christmas wish list, do my nails, check forums, check accounts and special forces as they are going to lock me up.

Just FYI  it's 3;30 am and I want to play guitar instead - too loud, too late

Good Morning my peeps!

xo

Kimberly

big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

1. kay hebbourn profile image59
        kay hebbournposted 14 years agoin reply to this
        1. profile image0
    18. CheriAmalfi profile image60

Good morning, everyone. I was in my online Biology webinar on "addiction" the other night.  Turns out about 1/3 of were recovering.  How cool is that?  It was like going to a meeting.  One girl was 7 months sober and struggling - I told her it gets better (promises).  I feel like it's a life second to none.

19. profile image0

It's not posting properly - I wanted to say thanks a bunch Kay,I'm glad your here and hope you keep coming back -you are very kind!

big_smile  www.dearaddict.ca  plug plug

20. profile image0

hello o o o o o

21. lorlie6 profile image72

Anybody in here???

22. profile image0

Hi Laurel

23. profile image0

Hi Lorlie, Wendi

24. profile image0

Hi Denno

25. profile image0

26. profile image0

Hey Homey's

27. profile image0

where we all been?

28. profile image0

figures, your all gone again  sad

29. lorlie6 profile image72

We do tend to come and go, we druggies...well anyway, a big HELLO to everyone, even if we get together or not.

30. profile image0

Heyas lorlie!

31. lorlie6 profile image72

Heyas yourself!

32. profile image0

How's it going tonight with you? :-)

33. lorlie6 profile image72

I've been writing a hub about perfectionism most of the day.  I'm not kidding when I tell you I've deleted the damned thing 'cause it just wasn't perfect enough!!!!
      GRRR-otherwise, I'm good, and you?

1. profile image0

check again, capsules only catch half of the spelling errors big_smile

34. profile image0

I'll try not to laugh, but, dang! Seriously? You're too much. I'm fine, I'm just embarking on a new adventure, again. ;p

35. lorlie6 profile image72

Don't worry about laughing-that's what I'm doing right about now.  What I started writing was this serious-sounding treatment of how I became a perfectionist, when I actually wanted to treat it with humor.  I am not a very confident writer, and am not sure how to do such a thing.
      What's this new adventure?

1. profile image0

Well, first of all, if you want to borrow my style of semi-sarcastic, irreverent first person writing, please be welcome. I've just found it out myself and I love it. My new adventure? I just lost my job and now I'm going back to College full-time.

36. lorlie6 profile image72

Why thank you very much.  I just may do that, it is my thinking style, after all.  By the way, you don't have to call me Lorlie, I'm Laurel.  Lorlie was my nickname growing up, so either is ok.
      Wow, I hope that job wasn't one to die for, but I love the fact that you're going back to school.

37. profile image0

My name is Scott, by the way. When I lost my job, my wife and I decided that this was the best thing to ever happen to us. It gave me a chance to pursue my lifelong dream of becoming an Architectural Drafter on THEIR DIME.  ;p

38. lorlie6 profile image72

Whew, then, Scott, I have another friend I write to named Deno, and I was sure I was going to mix you two up soon.  Architectural Drafter-sounds fascinating...ala Frank Lloyd Wright and friends?
      I'll have to come back later, Scott, my hubby wants to use the computer for a while, so see ya soon!

1. profile image0

Take care! (waves)

39. profile image52
      Linda Hposted 14 years ago

Hi all,

Just thought I would ask some people who would know, I'll try to keep it brief but background is probably needed a bit.
      First off I am an alcoholic, in 2004 I dried out and moved across the country fleeing an abusive relationship - unfortunately I have relapsed. I NEVER drink in public, except maybe one or two glasses of wine with a meal, because I never want to be seen as I have been in the past...slobbering, weaving....I can go without alcohol when it is needed.
      The town I live in now is a really friendly place and I have lots of acquaintances who are always ready to share a joke, discuss common interests and so forth.
      Three years a very close friend of mine (of ten years) moved here and now lives in the adjoining unit to me.
      Two weeks ago I found out that ever since she moved here she has been telling people I am an alcoholic. It just so happens that 4 weeks ago I was made redundant (no not because of drinking the whole company was a victim of the recession and my reference from them is glowing white hot!)
      So for 3 years while I have been saying how good it is to have my best friend living right next door.....now all those job applications I have put in LOL will be going straight into the trash....doesn't matter, I have a contract working for myself and another to commence soon that will employ not just me but my son as well.
      Thing is when I confronted her, she just said she has the right to tell anyone she likes the "truth", including our landlord, hairdresser, beautician, bait shop owner, drycleaner, doctor (well obviously I had already told him), neighbours, grocer, pharmacist.....She was totally unwilling to see how much she hurt me. I haven't left the house at all if I can avoid it for the past two weeks (I work from home)and the wall between her unit and mine is paper thin and every time I hear her moving around I want to cry.
      So the question is this, am I right to be hurt or is it ok for her to have done this? Alcoholic doubting her own thinking here. I have just picked up a prescription for Campral which helped me greatly in getting dry before but there is no counselling or AA affordable enough or close enough and my doctor is super critical.
      Thanks for listening/reading

Wow, Linda, I'm glad you stopped by.  I've not heard of Campral, but perhaps if it helped you before, it could do so again.  AA doesn't require any money, so hopefully someone can take you to a meeting, just give them a call in your area.
        Of course it's ok to be hurt, it's really up to you to decide if you are alcoholic or not, and her behavior was not right, at least I don't think so.
        I tend to isolate myself when afraid, and it sounds like that's what you may be doing, too.  It's really not a good idea when grappling with something as powerful as alcohol, and I really hope that you can find a meeting.

1. profile image0

Laurel is weird, don't pay no mind to her, bless her kind soul though lol cool

Wha...? LOL, but lyrics, I may just have to come lookin' for you, girl! yikes)

1. profile image0

you know i love you (strange or weird lol)

2. profile image0

smile Linda, welcome, bless you for sharing.  What I am about to say is only my opinion and is not right or wrong.  But I will qualify I am a recovering hard core drug addict of 24 years using and went to my first rehab that first year, so I have heard and seen many forms of poisonous people and many miracles.

Firstly, you are going through a great amount of stress right now as you are being personally violated.  My heart goes out to you, deeply.

Let's start where you did.  You relapsed.  Shit happens and relapse is part of recovery. Fact.  There is no shame in relapse.  However there is much shame in not trying to get help and try to get back.  Your still in recovery and guess what, your reaching out even just here so you are trying.  You need not feel one ounce of shame.

I commend you for reaching out in a strange forum not knowing anyone here intimately.  The miracle of the program is those of us, you included, in recovery would never judge another unless they have walked in their shoes.

Take it easy on yourself, cut yourself some slack and remember you only have to worry about today.  One Day at a time, just, one day.  I only hope you continue to reach out and seek treatment of some sort.  There are meetings 24/7 on-line in forums with moderators as well as speaker tapes, both for all programs. 

Keep reaching out here-try even to just check in once a day. post  'hi'  if that's all you can but commit to checking in everyday. The rest of us do but I swear we have yet to be together at the same time - it's weird, but we all check in - I was off to bed and thought I would check in and look - Linda our new miracle!  God works in mysterious ways.

Now your girlfriend that has moved into your origami building complex.  It's really two fold isn't it.  She has no God given right to break your anonymity nor for any good cause.  She wants attention and is gossiping at your expensive. This is unqexpectable and she needs to be told so.  That however is your decision.  What friend could reason these actions to help a friend? Ouch - stay away from her as hard as it is.

If it was me, I could picture myself tip toeing around my home and not running water or flushing the toilet so she couldn't hear me.

Now, your drinking.  Guilt doesn't enter this equation.  Shame however does.  As long as you continue to drink, then, to yourself, be accepting of that fact, no excuses.  It is what it is and if you are doing the best you can, then you girlfriend, are working the best program you can. 

The crapy girlfriend is irrelevant.  These issues are between you and your God only.

I will say a prayer for you tonight and pray you get this note so you know your not alone, and pray you come back and let us help each other. We need you too you know.

Do sleep well, sorry I didn't check in earlier,, I pray you get this and ODAAT.

xo Kimberly

God,
        grant us the serenity,
        to accept the things we cannot change,
        the courage to change the things we can
        and the wisdom to KNOW the difference.

1. profile image0

Good Morning Linda, I hope your evening was OK big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

3. Rayalternately profile image59
        Rayalternatelyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Linda, nice to meet you. You've every right to feel hurt in my opinion. Friends are supposed to look out for and support each other and it doesn't sound like much of that has gone on.

It's happened though and there's nothing much you can do to change that so try and find positives from the situation where you can. Not everyone will view you negatively knowing and some may even offer their support.

Much praise for having the courage to reach out and I'm sure you'll get plenty of support here. Hope you come back to see us again soon.

4. CheriAmalfi profile image60
        CheriAmalfiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Linda - It was really terrible for your so called "friend" to do that, but sometimes I think things happen for a reason.  God tests us all of the time.  There is a lesson to be learned.  I had someone saying bad things about me recently and I talked to my sponsor about it.  She said that I'm letting it bother me, because I believe a part of what she's saying.  She explained it me as "If someone calls you a chair - you know you're not a chair - so it doesn't bother you". 

I would just be careful about what you share with this person.  There are toxic people in this world and I try my best to stay away or to deal with them very briefly.   I hope this helps.

40. profile image0

Hi Linda. Personally I don't think it is anybody's right to talk about other people's business. You need to be the stronger person and not let her know how much this bothers you. Obviously, she isn't going to stop, so, you need to be as comfortable in this situation as you possibly can be. Just don't go back to the alcohol for any reason whatsoever. Just a 'little bit' is too much. Just my thoughts.

41. profile image0

Well, I must go. Sleepy time. Nite all.

G'nite friend, sweet dreams...

42. profile image0

PS-she has no right - damn her - I want numbers and addreses Linda - isshe in canada?  GrfH  #$%^^&*))_(&%$$#@@!

43. profile image0

Hey girls, I have to head to down to TX for a bit...don't know when I'll be back on HP!

Jus wanted to stop by and say Hi before I left.

1. CheriAmalfi profile image60

What?  When?

Poor Cheri-I love it...anyway how's your hubby?

1. CheriAmalfi profile image60

My hubby's better.  His knee surgery was canceled due to a blood clot in his arm.  But, I think it was meant to be. I wasn't crazy about the idea of doing it in NH in the winter with a medical system that lets things fall through the cracks.  Now, he'll be doing it in Florida in January.  We have a VIP Dr. down there that can put together a team and watch over him like a hawk.

Wow, Cheri, you've got a full plate.  I'll be praying for you and yours.

2. profile image0

not cool - you didn't even advise Cheri first-you owe her big Wen big_smile

2. profile image0

Ah Ha! Avatar addict like me, I love it you hotty -send this avatar to playboy, they'll call but then you have to take your clothes off - ewe-in front of people, but don't you just want that fluffy bunny tail -hey use playboy avatar

big_smile

44. profile image0

Goodmorning also to everyone else.  I will be leaving now for about 12 hours and will check back in upon my return.

Wish it was because I was having an all day orgy or something 'young' like that but grandma needs help and she's my favorite person in the world.  Polish nose and all.  But also my favorite would have to be drifter, for his continual support and input in this forum.  Thanks Buddy
      xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoox smooch xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxxo

pps- is it time to change my avatar again yet you girls and gentlemen, I'll wait to see consensus when I get back

now say 10 serenity prayers and 1 affirmation, something good about yourself out load, each of you, please!

xo

Kimberly

Have a great day with your gram, she sounds like a doll.  And Kimberly, I didn't know you had favorites...yikes(  Just kidding-Drifter's the best.
        See-whoever you will be-soon!
        L

45. Rayalternately profile image59

A little note for everyone:

I'm rubbish at forum etiquette and stuff, so I hardly ever write those small posts that mean so much. Just wanted to let you all know that I say hi to you all in my head every time I read your posts, just very seldom express it. So in a rare break with tradition....

Hi everyone, hope you're all well today.

I'll be quiet again now. big_smile

I like you any way you choose to be!

2. profile image0

cool  Thanks Ray, always love seeing you here-SO COME MORE!  xo

46. profile image0

Welcome Linda...and keep coming in to talk to us.

And, Hi and thank you to Ray!

How are Kim and Laurel these days?

I'd ask you too Cheri, but I already talked to you.

Hey, Wendi-it's these danged time zones again, I guess.  Good to see everyone's names, even though we don't often get together.
        I think my goal is to check in here at least once a day, kinda like one day at a time, if you get my drift...

2. profile image0

Wendi, buy sunscreen smile

47. coopdoggz profile image60
      coopdoggzposted 14 years ago

Hi Linda, my name is Matt and I'm a recovering addict.
      Thats a shame that she did that to you. It just goes to show, you cant trust everyone. Your hurt and you should be, I would be hurt too. Sure she has a right to tell people the truth but she has no business telling anyone your truth. But dont let it get you down. I personally believe that its bad karma to go around talking about someone else's faults. You should let her know your hurt by what she did. But dont let this cause you to go and use or drink because your sad about it. There may not be a AA group near you, but you can come on here and let this be your group.

48. coopdoggz profile image60
      coopdoggzposted 14 years ago

Oh and hello everyone! My name is Matt, I'm a recovering addict with 3 years clean. My friends call me Coop. I am new here and just wanted to pop in and say hi.

1. profile image0

Hi Coop...welcome!

I have a little over 3 years sobriety, so in theory, we're about the same age.

Kim - think I'll take you up that Playboy thing...heard it pays well.

I'm in TX because my 73 yr old step-dad got into a pretty bad motorcycle accident on Wednesday.  He's having another surgery today to see (keep your fingers crossed) if they can salvage his leg.

I wanted Cheri to come with me, but I knew she had to take care of hubby.  I, on the other hand, live with the very healthy "Great White Hunter."  So he's ok on his own.

2. profile image0

Coop, welcome, so glad your here-and you better keep coming back.  smile  I'm a drug addict guess you know that by now.  I love this forum, while it changes it rhythms, and all our timing is off and different, some come and go etc. 

My point is I pray we help each other in some way by sharing our experience, strength and Hope a little bit at a time - even if we're talking about avatar's.

Big topic here-OK my addiction, can never settle on an avatar and it looks like Wendi can't either now also ha ha ha - see Wend, and she's doing something with Playboy -not sure - she tends to jump around a lot.

2 RULES FOR THIS FORUM

1-WE ARE HERE FOR OURSELVES FIRST AND EACH OTHER SECONDLY
        2- YOU MUST HAVE TO HAVE FUN OR YOU HAVE TO WRITE THE SERENITY PRAYER 3467899 TIMES - NO BREAKS

Glad your here babe big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)