jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

What are some tips to lose weight fast?

1. beana profile image60
    beanaposted 5 years ago

What are some tips to lose weight fast?

2. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago

Eat small portions throughout the day and every 2 hours.

3. ocbill profile image60
    ocbillposted 5 years ago

drink a 12 ounce glass of water in the morning upon waking up. Do not eat anything until after doing some cardio or lite resistance training. This way you burn fat quicker and more effectively. and eat smaller portions which include fat burning foods - almonds, red bell peppers, and reduce the processed foods (hey, I still like some junk foods smile )

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Create a plan. How many calories do you need to take in daily? How many to cut out of your life style? Focus on your body type. How do people with your body type loose weight more efficiently? Do they work out more and focus on certain muscle groups? Should you work out at home or at a gym? Normally at home is easier and no one see's you, but at a gym you are forced to work harder or you went there for nothing. Find a few things to reward yourself when you reach a goal. Also, write up goals and place them in an area you see daily. By the door on your way to work, near your bed when you wake up every day, your kitchen wall to keep you focused on cutting calories, pictures of what you want to wear or look like once your goal is reached in your work out area, etc.

5. mikejhca profile image91
    mikejhcaposted 5 years ago

Be more active so your burn more calories and consume less junk.  Your body does not need things like pop and cake.  Replace the junk with healthy foods and drinks.  Water does not contain calories so drink a lot of it.  The fastest weight loss I experienced was when I had a day off and biked to the beach.  I was active most of the day and lost 1 pound in 1 day.

If you want to lose fat and not just weight then gain some muscle.  When you exercise don't just do through the motions try to improve.  It is a lot easier to get rid of fat if you focus on improving your body.  I highly recommend exercising while you watch TV.

1. Taleb80 profile image81
      Taleb80posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Nice points, thanks.

6. Sue Adams profile image98
    Sue Adamsposted 5 years ago

Read my Hub: Weight Control With The Sneaky Fast Plan. It explains digestion and elimination and suggest a way to naturally reduce the size of your stomach. What it boils down to is simple:
    (1) Eat less frequently to give your stomach a well deserved rest, and
    (2) Do not putting any food into your body until something has come out the other end first.

I should read your hub.

7. Luxor profile image70
    Luxorposted 5 years ago

I wrote a hub on this exact question if you're interested.

The most important thing is cutting calories, so focus on foods that are low in calories BUT high in fiber and protein, since fiber and protein are the nutrients that help you feel full. Eat enough of them and you'll be able to go a lot longer between meals without feeling hungry. Good sources include fat-free Greek yogurt, lean chicken and turkey, apples, oatmeal, brown rice, broccoli, eggs, beans, lentils, low-fat cheese and basically all fruits and veggies. My hub has a huge list of suggested foods.

Add in exercise for faster weight-loss: interval training will help you burn more calories in less time (google 'HIIT workouts' for ideas).

First time I hear about HIIT workout, thanks.

8. profile image50
    rhondagraymondposted 5 years ago

In my opinion, you need an effective weight loss plan (http://www.dukandiet.com/The-Dukan-Diet) , one which is low in carbs and high in proteins. I lost 35 pounds on the Dukan diet last year and I am so glad I went on this diet when I did. It’s simple and easily manageable and I never had to worry about my nutrition because it’s a healthy, balanced diet. I definitely think you should look into it.

1. personaltraining profile image49
      personaltrainingposted 5 years agoin reply to this

dukan is anything but balanced or healthy.

OP: dial in a nutrition plan that supports your GOAL weight, then stick to it as closely as you can. It's important to eat "the right amount" for long term success, NOT "as little as possible".