What is the best vitamin, food and drink you can take for energy?

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (38 posts)
  1. lovelypaper profile image58
    lovelypaperposted 14 years ago

No energy drinks. But something healthy that will pick up my energy. I work very hard at work and it drains me.

1. profile image0
      Dominique Tengposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you feel drained, you need to restore your adrenals. There is a complex protocol, but it can be done in a rather short time.

lovelypaperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How do you do that? Do you have a blog about that?

2. G Miah profile image78
      G Miahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The best food for energy at any time for anything is FRESH or DRIED ARABIAN DATES. Dates are amazing, they tatse really nice and also within 10 minutes of eating them, you immediately feel energetic and lively.

I work double shifts sometimes and when i get home late night, i eat only one or two, and away i go full of energy and refreshed. You can buy them from any supermarket or grocery. Give it a go and let me know how it's worked for you.

Always works for me. You can even diet just by eating dates and cereal without having anything else. I lost alot of fat over a period of two weeks after taking a date and excercisinf for an hour, then having one after. For lunch and dinner i used to eat two or three plus a small bowl of Kellog's Bran Flakes. After two weeks, i felt and looked fantastic!

Try eating Dates, it definitely will help you.

Wow. I may try the dates. Thanks for the tips.

3. hybrid715 profile image58
      hybrid715posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Try USANA Essentials. It is composed of Vitamins, Minerals, and Antioxidants. You can consult the book: Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements by Dr. Lyle MacWilliam. It is very informative in guiding us which supplements are the best. In their guide, the Essentials ranked among the Best. But you can choose from the list depending on what you want.

I take these everyday and I noticed a big difference because I don't get too tired when I finish late at work unlike before.

4. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

..be sure your multi vit/mineral contains 75 mgs of complex b's (the hi energy vitamins). NO ONE eats a balanced meal everday.
      Be sure to compliment your daily diet with a "powerful" vitamin/mineral pill......and exercise every day!
      Qwark

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

sleep and/or meditation

3. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

mountan doo

pepshi

1. Shadesbreath profile image76
      Shadesbreathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Agree

4. kephrira profile image60
    kephriraposted 14 years ago

ginseng is supposed to be good, but I can't vouch for it from personal experience.

5. mod2vint profile image60
    mod2vintposted 14 years ago

We sell a lot of 5hour energy shots, no crash, full of vitamins like B12

6. profile image0
    Dominique Tengposted 14 years ago

I take Manda Koso and Cellfood. These two supplements work best for me, but everyone is different.

7. Sue Adams profile image95
    Sue Adamsposted 14 years ago

Eat more green raw vegetables. For a boost you can use a blender. Go to bed early enough so you don't need an alarm clock to wake you up. Do some yoga outdoors.

Ok, I'll try to eat my  veggies. I like salad. There are so many good ideas I'll have to incorperate a few into my diet. Thanks to everyone for these!

8. Epiphany99 profile image60
    Epiphany99posted 14 years ago

Try drinking green foods,

9. Ms Chievous profile image67
    Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

Green Tea is supposed to be good for your energy level.  This tea has more caffine than regualr tea. Also boosts metabolism and many other benefits.  Although it can help keep going nothing beats a good nites sleep to help you regenerate!

You're right about the Green Tea. The problem is it tastes so nasty. I've boought a few boxes of Green Tea with good intentions and forced myself to drink it. Even w/honey and lemon, it's a struggle but it has great health benefits and if it will boost my energy, I might try it again. Thanks.

2. Devanni profile image61
      Devanniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, green tea has far less caffeine than any other tea. 
      As far as health, there really isn't anything it doesn't benefit.   Green tea can be described as a bit high-maintinence.  If you don't like the taste, it's probably because you're steeping it too long.  Never steep it for more than two minutes - and that's for stronger tea.  After the two minute mark the hot water starts to bring out a bitter taste.

10. Ms Chievous profile image67
    Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

There are some Green tea pills on the market as well.  I wrote a hub on it if you want to check it out..

11. gbgtopteam profile image41
    gbgtopteamposted 13 years ago

something that provides cellular energy.   stimulates give you a crash.   they are terrible.      look for a supplement that provides cellualr energy that will sustain you and in your body.    i suggest 10-in-one  i love it.    let me know if you want to try it.  amazing energy, no crash, safe!  and it works.

12. profile image54
    High Healthposted 13 years ago

Things I use for quick energy are high sugar fruit like dates, bannanas etc etc but if you want sustained energy you could add some fat with the fruit.

13. Billie Walker profile image59
    Billie Walkerposted 13 years ago

I have found a small glass of orange juice gives me more a reviving boost than anything else I've tried.  Couple it with some lowfat protein (ie, string cheese, tuna, a couple slices of turkey or chicken lunchmeat) for sustained energy.

14. fooduciary profile image60
    fooduciaryposted 13 years ago

It sounds like you're not getting enough green veggies in your diet. Remember, energy is all about what you're eating and if you're eating poorly, your body will suffer.

Load up on a green smoothies and when you need a boost during the middle of the day, try a glass or orange or apple juice.

15. MikeNV profile image68
    MikeNVposted 13 years ago

The lack of nutritional understanding of mind boggling.

There are plenty of resources online where you can learn about REAL Nutrition.  A great place to start is learning how the human body process the different types of sugars and macro nutrients.  Ignorance is rampant.

16. jmcgusana profile image60
    jmcgusanaposted 13 years ago

The following link has products which can help with this http://joshuaboyd.usana.com.

Simply put I use the My Health Pack, Nutrameal Shakes and bars in between somewhat healthy meals, and Rev3 which for an energy drink is pretty healthy/clean to eat.

For me I find the following to be helpful to keep the "crash" minimized in my daily routine. Hope this helps.

•Morning and at night. My Health Pack from USANA. This includes your vitamins, minerals, antioxidants with focused supplements like BCAA’s and glutamine to help keep cells healthy and growing properly. Simple and easy to use and fit into your schedule.

•Breakfast – USANA Nutrameal Shake and fruit

•Mid Morning – USANA snack bar and fruit

•Lunch – Regular lunch or USANA Nutrameal and fruit

•Mid Day – snack bar and fruit

•Dinner – Regular dinner

•Before bed – Nutrameal shake and fruit

17. fucsia profile image60
    fucsiaposted 13 years ago

I believe that every person can find his best food for energy, we are not all equal.  Mine is honey

18. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Well, nobody wants my "energy cure" on this thread, but I can't resist - Coffee!  Lots of coffee!   lol  (How do you think I'm up at 4:30 in the morning.   smile  )

19. Wendy Krick profile image65
    Wendy Krickposted 13 years ago

I like my morning coffee. Drinking it right now.

20. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

coffee is ace, but everyone seems to think i should stop drinking it.,  Have a huge cup here of the very same.....

21. leo3474 profile image61
    leo3474posted 13 years ago

Hi All,

I suggest vitamin B.
    If drink some energy beverage, they also includes other bed components.Like E-for saving a lot of time.

22. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

One of the better solutions is to increase your meals from 3 to 6 smaller ones throughout the day. Make sure you have a portion of lean protein, healthy low glycemic index carbs, and veggies. Save the fruit for in the morning because of the high sugar content.

Don't get stuck on preparing 6 meals. There are protein powders that are cost effective and tastey and you can make great smoothies from them. A shake with nothing in it, a little yogurt, or piece of fruit or some raw veggies is a good idea for one meal. Eggs, cottage cheese, protein bars, lean lunch meat, and many more options for sources of quick obtainable protein.

Also incorporate a regular exercise routine in your schedule. Don't claim you don't have time for it. Ignoring your health isn't going to make you a more valuable employee.

By doing this, you optimize your system, digestion, and blood sugar levels. If you're having afternoon crashes, this will likely help a lot in avoiding them.

All the other vits and mins and natural things listed by others can also be beneficial, but if you start with the basics and go from there, you'll have the energy you need throughout the day.

23. Craan profile image77
    Craanposted 13 years ago

To increase my energy I drink about 3 tablespoons of coconut oil a day with fresh vegetable or fruit pulp juice.

24. profile image0
    saamaposted 13 years ago

You can try the tropical fruit Amalaki. You can get it as pills or powder form. I would recommend the powder form because of the unpleasant taste. It has huge amount of vitamin c and is recommended for sports people. It boosts your energy and strengthens the immune system along with many other benefits. You can easily find it online.

25. Mittkontakt profile image59
    Mittkontaktposted 13 years ago

There are many goos natural product that are good for your energy. The key is to find a clean adaptogenic product without any toxic effects whatever.If you want to feel better overall,sleep better and have more energy I clearly endorse Tahitia Noni Juice. I have used it for 15 years and feel really great. So do the celebrities that use it as well.

26. Research Analyst profile image72
    Research Analystposted 13 years ago

spinach and green drinks always work well with giving good energy

27. Donna Janelle profile image68
    Donna Janelleposted 13 years ago

I think that vitamin B - especially vitamin B-12 can help to raise your energy levels naturally. If you don't have enough vitamin B or iron it can make you feel tired.

28. profile image0
    sureal07posted 13 years ago

The best source of energy drink, vitamins, and minerals come from pressing your own juice everyday. Try juicing organic leafy green vegetables and colorful fruits. It reaches the cellular level and feeds the cells directly with natural enzymes. I juice everyday and never take vitamins.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)