- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Books & Novels»
Forbidden Nights with a Vampire - Book Review Kerrelyn Sparks
'Love at Stake' Book 7
Sparks made it up a little in this book when compared to book 6, but for the most part, she still needs something to keep my interest other than my own stubborness to complete the series. Unlike the Sookie Stakehouse series that is a continuous story, Sparks uses her vampire book series to tell a new tale in each book.
I was hoping she would throw everyone for a loop with book 7, and have Vanda and Conner hook up, but instead she took us on a wild ride with Vanda and Phil.
I have known a few Phils, and the Philipus that Sparks has created is unlike any Phil I've known.
Sparks flips the story a bit and reverts to book 2, where the vampire love is between a female Vamp and a man. The difference is the Phil is not a mortal, but a shape shifter, and not just any shifter- an Alpha wolf.
Phil must figure out a way to share his true identity with Vanda, who is absolutely terrified of wolves and does not trust shifters. After having her only love murdered by a pack of wolves and being chased for years by them, she has no reason to trust them.
Vanda is packed with rage, hate, and anger. She cannot forgive herself or others for how her life has traveled and what she has become. After several lawsuits, Roman sends her back to anger management, and Phil is the only attendee of the meeting who will sponsor her.
Vanda regrets many things in her life, and she refuses to love again.
Phil finds himself with the excuse and the in to making Vanda love him. He can finally put his crush to an end and make a wife of her. ... But, will she accept?
Phil must try to learn Vanda's secrets and keep her safe from her maker.
In the meantime, she wants to fight. She wants to keep her inner coffin closed. She wants to be left alone.
Watch the situation unfold. She what Vamps are masacured in the beginning of another vampire war. Who will help out?
Someone gets kidnapped, and it can only be Robby, as I've read book 8 already, and I already knew he was kidnapped and saved. This was nothing new for me, but if you're reading the series from the start, take the ride.
I'm still wanting Sparks to change up the stories a bit, but the intense emotions from a beast and a vampire is definitely a nice change to the traditional storyline.
- How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire - Kerrelyn Sparks
- Vamps and the City - Kerrelyn Sparks
- Be Still My Vampire Heart - Kerrelyn Sparks
- The Undead Next Door - Kerrelyn Sparks
- All I want for Christmas is a Vampire - Kerrelyn Sparks
- Secret Life of a Vampire - Kerrelyn Sparks
- The Vampire and The Virgin - Kerrelyn Sparks
- Vampire Mine - Kerrelyn Sparks
- Sexiest Vampire Alive - Kerrelyn Sparks
- Mortal Touch - Inanna Arthen
- Parasites and Lovers, It Sucks To Be In Love - Yvonne Anthony
- Winter's Kiss - F.E. Heaton
- Vampire For Hire Series Review - J.R. Rain