- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Books & Novels»
The Vampire and The Virgin - Book Review Kerrelyn Sparks
'Love at Stake' Book 8
My heart falls for the dashing vampire with years of experience and a huge (non-beating) heart full of love and protective instincts.
There's just something about a good vampire story.
Kerrelyn Sparks knows how to write a good vampire story, but again it's another stubborn, strong-willed woman with a power. The start of the story actually reminded me of the Sookie Stackhouse novels written by Charlaine Harris. Olivia, like Sookie, has a power that causes problems with her personal life. It makes having boyfriends a little complicated, but just like in the True Blood series, Olivia can't read Robby.
The unknown scares Olivia, but at the same time it excites her.
Olivia Sotiris has special abilities that allow her to tell when someone is lying. Her abilities also help her read other people's emotions. This ability helps her with her job in the FBI, but it definitely hinders her personal life and relationships.
After being harassed and stalked by a criminal that she had been interviewing, Olivia's boss decides she needs a vacation. Olivia goes to her grandmother on the island of Patmos.
When on the island, Olivia spies Robby MacKay, a vampire who suffers post traumatic stress syndrome after being tortured by the Malcontents.
The two hit it off, but after Olivia finds out that Robby is a vampire, things don't go over so smoothly.
Sparks is able to intertwine a love story within several plots. Olivia must fight her battle with her stalker; Robby must seek the revenge that his heart desperately desires.
These two characters meet on a remote island after higher powers send both off on a vacation to clear their minds and recover. But, once leaving the island, their lives collide again. Truths are explored, enemies fought, and new worlds are discovered.
There's a little mystery, suspense, and a lot of love written throughout the storyline.
Find out if Olivia can forgive Robby for lying about his true nature. Discover what Robby's true wants are in life.
If you're into vampire novels and vampire romance stories, this is a series that you may want to get into. This is the first book of Sparks' that I've read, but since finding out that it is book 8 in a series. I plan on finding the other books. Look out for more reviews of books by Kerrelyn Sparks.
- How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire - Kerrelyn Sparks
- Vamps and the City - Kerrelyn Sparks
- Be Still My Vampire Heart - Kerrelyn Sparks
- The Undead Next Door - Kerrelyn Sparks
- All I want for Christmas is a Vampire - Kerrelyn Sparks
- Secret Life of a Vampire - Kerrelyn Sparks
- Forbidden Nights with a Vampire - Kerrelyn Sparks
- Vampire Mine - Kerrelyn Sparks
- Sexiest Vampire Alive - Kerrelyn Sparks
- Mortal Touch - Inanna Arthen
- Parasites and Lovers, It Sucks To Be In Love - Yvonne Anthony
- Vampire For Hire Series Review - J.R. Rain
- Winter's Kiss - F.E. Heaton