Chitrangada Sharan's ~ Response to Word Prompt Week 37 (Experiment)

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Brenda Arledge profile image81
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

Take a moment to read Chitrangada Sharan's excellent acrostic poem & article.
    You won't be disappointed. She penned it well.

https://hubpages.com/literature/The-Need-To-Experiment

2. Brenda Arledge profile image81
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

Chitrangada
    It's great to see you writing again.
    I think we've all been hit with that feeling after the comment section disappeared.

Heck...I was even admitted to the hospital that same night.
    Did it play a role?   Who knows...but I remember being totally frustrated.

"Never give up" is a great attitude for us to have and I'm glad you found it.

Your "Acrostic Poem on Experiment" is absolutely excellent.

It totally describes experiment from the beginning to the end.

I love it!

Then you tell us how as a teacher you often used experiments to help children learn.

It holds their attention span much better when they get to take part in something other than sitting in a classroom, like
    going to a factory to see things first hand.

I can only imagine the struggle for teachers during this pandemic & wonder how they could even get the students to pay attention.

I mean, their not physically at the school...so what's to get the kids to log on to a computer.

Like you say...Thank God our human minds have immense capabilities and we have a high tech world.

We definitely need both of them nowadays.

A great write.  I'll post a link in the word prompt article & start a forum if there isn't one already.

1. surovi99 profile image83
      surovi99posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Chitrangada, thank you for your lovely acrostic poem and prose based on the word prompt, "Experiment". I also liked the meaningful and thoughtful quotes. Gratitude for the terrific share.

1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image91
        ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hello Rosina!
        So nice to read your comments. I am glad that you liked my response good. Also, thank you for appreciating the acrostic poem, and my thoughts about experiments.
        Thank you so much. Wish you all the best.

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image91

Hi Brenda!
      It’s lovely to read your analysis of my article and poem, and I am glad that I wrote a response to your word prompt. As always, you have done an excellent review of my work.
      My sincere thanks for all your efforts.
      I completely agree with you that, the changes at HubPages led to frustration and uncertainty to most of us. I hope they pay attention to the concerns of the contributors of HubPages.
      I hope you are feeling better, after your recent health issues.
      Thank you for sharing the link in the forum and in the world prompt article.
      Have a wonderful day.

3. Pamela99 profile image91
    Pamela99posted 2 years ago

Chitrangada, I just read your excellent article. It is an excellent response to Brenda's word prompt. Experimenting in the classroom is a great idea. Your acrostic poem is excellent also.

Thank you Brenda for posting this discussion.

Hello Pamela!
      So nice to read your comments.
      I am glad that you liked my response to the word prompt-- experiment.
      Yes, classroom experiments are exciting,  both for the teachers and the students.
      Thank you so much for reading and appreciating.

4. vidsagster profile image86
    vidsagsterposted 2 years ago

A great response to Brenda's word prompt, Chitrangada. Children love to experiment and it is a good method to make them learn about different concepts. Interesting article and acrostic poem. I enjoyed reading your response. Thanks for sharing Brenda.

Hello Vidya ji!
      It's a pleasure to read your positive feedback. I agree with your thoughts about the classroom experiments. Also, thanks for appreciating the acrostic poem.
      Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

5. Vanita Thakkar profile image84
    Vanita Thakkarposted 2 years ago

This is a wonderful write, Chitrangadaji !!
    I am glad to be able to send a response to you through this discussion. We really miss the comments section, which made it very easy to interact on various articles.
    Brenda has given several interesting word prompts and we have got to read lots of informative, thought-provoking and insightful responses.
    The latest prompt on Experiment also looks great. I have read only your response to it. I was out of touch with HubPages for some time now. Back again.
    You have given some good examples on experimenting with school teaching. The poem is precise and catchy and that makes it a great read. I like your remarks on experiments inspired by the pandemic.
    I also experiment on my teachings.  I have done that with my college students in Engineering and had got good results on most of them ....
    Loved and enjoyed reading your article.
    Have a great day !!

Thank you Vanita, for your kind words of appreciation. I am glad that you liked my response. I do understand that you can relate to this, being a teacher.
      Brenda has shared the links to the responses of the word prompts by fellow writers, through many forums. You can find it on your feed, or in her articles.
      The inability to comment is really disappointing to all of us. Hope they restore this section soon.
      Thank you for reading and sharing your thoughts.

6. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

This was an excellent response to the “experiment” prompt. I loved you acrostic poem, Chitrangada, and also how you used experimentation with your students to keep their interest. Well done. Thank you for sharing this article, Brenda.

Thank you John, for your kind words of appreciation.
      I am pleased to read your comments. Glad that you liked the acrostic poem, and my classroom experiments.
      Appreciations and best wishes.
      Thank you.

7. Peggy W profile image96
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

Hi Chitrangada,  I'll bet that you are an excellent teacher!  I enjoyed your poem and what you wrote about experimenting to see what works best.  Thanks to Brenda for sharing this in the forums.

1. Brenda Arledge profile image81
      Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Peggy for keeping these on the newsfeed.

Thank you Brenda, once again. Much appreciated.

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image91

Thank you so much Peggy, for your kind words of encouragement and appreciation. I enjoy teaching, and as they say, once a teacher, always a teacher.
      Appreciate you for reading and commenting here.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)