jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (15 posts)

Who do you think will win the Nobel Peace Prize this year?

1. Cassie Smith profile image69
    Cassie Smithposted 5 years ago

Who do you think will win the Nobel Peace Prize this year?

My guess is that they will award it to Mamoud Ahmahdinejad with Kim Jong Eun a close second.

2. Veroniquebee profile image76
    Veroniquebeeposted 5 years ago

I'm rather unsure about who will likely win - but personally I'm rather sceptic toward the Peace Prize... ever since Barack Obama got it.

1. billd01603 profile image87
      billd01603posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you. Since Obama won it, it's value has gone down, If they waited to give it to him after he had done something, that would be different

3. Mr. Happy profile image83
    Mr. Happyposted 5 years ago

I think it should be given to Mitt Romney. Gotta give him something too, especially since he's about to lose the presidential election. It could be his consolation prize.

4. profile image0
    huckelburyposted 5 years ago

Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan get my vote for their determined efforts to drive the country off a fiscal cliff and triggering defense cuts that will make it impossible to engage in armed conflict.

5. MG Singh profile image46
    MG Singhposted 5 years ago

Frankly nobody deserves to win the award this year.

6. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image84
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 5 years ago

And the Nobel Piece Prize goes to . . . Sandra Fluke.

The only thing Obama said lately that I believe is, "I never had sex with that woman, but I'll pay for her birth control."

And Bill Clinton responded, "Make her my new intern. She won't need birth control, just dry cleaning."

Joe Biden took notes during this conversation, and will be using it in the debate with Ryan on Thursday night to prove how much money the current administration is saving the taxpayers.

7. Jean.Paraison profile image60
    Jean.Paraisonposted 5 years ago

I don't know. Maybe you or maybe another member of the hubpages.com family. Who knows?... Let's see.

8. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

The Navy Seals
    They took Osma Bin Laden out of the picture.

1. lone77star profile image85
      lone77starposted 5 years agoin reply to this

But Osama didn't do 9/11. As much as it may pop some people's bubbles, the biggest breach in America's mammoth defenses, and Osama didn't want to take credit for it. And military responsible for failures were all given promotions!

2. profile image0
      Larry Wallposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Show some real proof and not a bunch of links that cannot be verified.

9. Prakash Dighe profile image82
    Prakash Digheposted 5 years ago

Hillary Clinton. She's at least traveling the distance in her attempts to achieve peace.

10. DS Duby profile image95
    DS Dubyposted 5 years ago

I heard from a reliable source that I was going to win this year, I sure hope so I rented a tux for the event and everything.

11. Perspycacious profile image82
    Perspycaciousposted 5 years ago

If he were not still guiding a war against Burma's minorities, I would suggest that the prize go to the leader of Myanmar.  But, since he has disqualified himself, I will vote for Aung San Suu Kyi (to become a two-time winner.)  Kofi Anaan is not to be excluded just because China and Russia couldn't follow through on their promises.

12. lone77star profile image85
    lone77starposted 5 years ago

How about Barack Osama? He didn't earn it the first time, so what's wrong with giving him another for breaking his campaign promises to remove troops immediately from Iraq? Or simply changing the name of "combat troops" to "trainers?" This is the new Newspeak double-talk. Or Barry Soetoro Obama's lies about closing Gitmo; and instead declaring that anyone found not guilty should remain there forever? I wish I were making this stuff up, but the lunacy in high places is getting thick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V4oqr5iP-g

How about giving him another for escalating the war in Afghanistan instead of ending it? And how about giving him a Nobel Peace Prize for attacking Libya which had done nothing to America to warrant such an attack, except possibly attempt to protect itself from agent provocateurs from the CIA?

How about another Peace Prize for his "Kill List" which includes American citizens. No trial, no recourse -- just murder by presidential decree?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrRuNOaNYME

How about a Peace Prize for Obama for signing the NDAA with its indefinite detention clauses for Americans?

I sincerely hope Alfred Nobel turns over in his grave!

working