Georgia Democrat defects to GOP. Democrats abusing the black community

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (68 posts)
  1. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 9 months ago

Georgia Democrat defects to GOP after she says Dems 'crucified' and 'abandoned' her

"A Peach State lawmaker who angered her Democratic colleagues in the Georgia state House of Representatives over her support for a recent school choice bill has announced she is officially switching parties.

Mesha Mainor – a Democrat who has represented District 56 in the Georgia state House since January 2021 – announced the decision shortly before noon Tuesday that she will switch her party registration to Republican.

"When I decided to stand up on behalf of disadvantaged children in support of school choice, my Democrat colleagues didn’t stand by me," Mainor explained of her decision in a statement to Fox News Digital. "They crucified me. When I decided to stand up in support of safe communities and refused to support efforts to defund the police, they didn’t back me. They abandoned me."

For far too long, the Democrat Party has gotten away with using and abusing the black community," she added. "For decades, the Democrat Party has received the support of more than 90% of the black community. And what do we have to show for it? I represent a solidly blue district in the city of Atlanta. This isn’t a political decision for me. It’s a moral one."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgi … ndoned-her

1. Sharlee01 profile image79
      Sharlee01posted 9 months agoin reply to this

For me personally, this is very encouraging news. I have been sharing my thoughts on this subject, now for decades. I have come to my view by witnessing little to no change in black communities. Their communities are pledged with poor-quality public schools, and the Democrats have fought hard to keep schools of choice out of their hands.  In my view, blacks are only given promises when election time comes around, and then let down when promises are not kept.

I must give this black woman credit -- she better get ready to be slandered up one side and down the other, and called derogatory names. Not sure what black women are called when they don't tow the mark. I know what the names black men are called when the Dems turn on them. 

Most likely, I will soon learn, the Dems are pretty vile when they attack a successful black person that does not agree with their leftist ideas.   

Mike, I so hope more will follow this black woman's lead. All I can say Hooray!

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 9 months ago

Better to switch to the party you vote with than be a Manchin. I admire her.

agree well said.

Kathleen Cochranposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Except: "For decades, the Democrat Party has received the support of more than 90% of the black community. And what do we have to show for it?" is where she loses me.
      Fair Housing Laws
      Civil Rights Laws
      Voting Rights Laws
      Affirmative Action
      Affordable Health Care Act

What's on the GOP list?

Readmikenowposted 9 months agoin reply to this

You might want to do some research in history.  The Civil Rights amendment was passed by Republicans.  It was Al Gore's democrat father who filibustered it.

That's just one of the things you listed.

The affordable health care act was a total disaster.

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image77

History.com

The Civil Rights Act of 1964, which ended segregation in public places and banned employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin, is considered one of the crowning legislative achievements of the civil rights movement. First proposed by President John F. Kennedy, it survived strong opposition from southern members of Congress and was then signed into law by Kennedy’s successor, Lyndon B. Johnson. In subsequent years, Congress expanded the act and passed additional civil rights legislation such as the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

This is from the US Senate website.  This is how the voting was conducted Civil Rights Act of 1964. Again, it was supported much more by Republicans than democrats.  The democrats also tried to filibuster the legislation.

By party

The original House version

Democratic Party: 152–96 (61–39%)
            Republican Party: 138–34 (80–20%)

Cloture in the Senate

Democratic Party: 44–23 (66–34%)
            Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)

The Senate version

Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)
            Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)

The Senate version, voted on by the House

Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%)
            Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)

When the bill came before the full Senate for debate on March 30, 1964, the "Southern Bloc" of 18 southern Democratic Senators and lone Republican John Tower of Texas, led by Richard Russell, launched a filibuster to prevent its passage. Russell proclaimed, "We will resist to the bitter end any measure or any movement which would tend to bring about social equality and intermingling and amalgamation of the races in our [Southern] states.

Thank you for offering facts.

2. Credence2 profile image77
              Credence2posted 9 months agoin reply to this

We all know about the resistance of the old line of Dixiecrats that were still around in 1964, at the state level. The point is still being made by Kathleen points to a national party being supportive of Civil Rights and was the Democratic Party. It was the party my father supported in 1964 with LBJ, over a clearly contrary Barry Goldwater under the GOP banner. The continued fallacy of conservatives that speak of the Democratic Party 100 years ago verses what it has accomplished since. There is a reason why Blacks lend so much support to it, particularely after 1964 do you want to guess why that was?

So, how about the rest of the story?

Cred

LBJs was a good president, he was job oriented and got a lot done. His administration passed an unprecedented amount of legislation, much designed to protect the nation's land, air, water, and wilderness. He was all about the quality of life keeping Americans safer and our country from becoming dirtier.   He also extended the New Deal of Franklin Roosevelt, including and concentrated on aid to education, and created Headstart, Medicare, and Medicaid—programs.  He supported the arts, and environment, and worked to deplete poverty. He believed in racial justice and workplace safety.   

He was suited to be a President, n my view, and did his job well. He was all about America, and (IMO) a no-nonsense man.

I don't think many in our history were well suited to do the job, his record speaks loudly -- he got things done.

LBJ -- A feel-good subject for me.

Shar

1. Credence2 profile image77

We agree here, Sharlee

If it wasn't for the quagmire of Vietnam, he would get much more kudos than he did. As a Southerner, he took the contrary and unexpected course of leading America in a new direction. It was an unexpected surprise as a man who wanted to leave a positive legacy. He was a man with passion and with heart. I love what he told the Congress when trying to pass contentious Civil Rights legislation, " we are going to pass this bill if it takes all day". He was able to accomplish much of what Kennedy could not have because of his tremendous experience in the House and Senate.

Most any attack against him I would qualify, as his accomplishments far exceeded his deficits.

2. Readmikenow profile image94

"LBJs was a good president"

He is also the one responsible for the Viet Nam war and many other things.

"Evaluated on its merits as policy, the Great Society left Americans burdened with ineffective, extraordinarily costly programs that have caused a multitude of unintended consequences and that seem to inexorably expand in their scope and penetration of American life. A few examples reveal the negative impact of Johnson’s legacy of activist government.

Massive government intervention in the healthcare industry is one of the central pillars of Johnson’s legacy of fiscal irresponsibility. Although subsidized healthcare results in greater use of health care services, it is unclear that government healthcare programs actually achieve their purported goal: improved health outcomes. 22 The system is also rife with fraud, with the Government Accountability Office estimating $48 billion in improper payments in 2010. 23 Moreover, Medicare alone was responsible for 14 percent of federal spending in 2018, and Medicare, Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) (two other Johnson-​era legacies), and Affordable Care Act subsidies now account for more than a quarter of the annual federal budget. 24 Federal healthcare spending is untenable in its present form, with Medicare spending projected to tally approximately 6 percent of America’s gross domestic product by 2049. 25

Fiscal recklessness was evident even during Johnson’s presidency, with the $3.6 billion annual cost of the Vietnam War added to large increases in domestic spending to drive up inflation in the late 1960s. With the dollar weakened, the gold crisis of 1968 saw the United States hemorrhaging gold purchases, losing $372 million of gold on March 14 alone. Although Washington was able to pressure Great Britain to close the London gold market, Johnson’s guns and butter policies inexorably led to the collapse of the Bretton Woods system and Richard Nixon’s decision to free-​float the dollar in 1971. 26 Thanks in large part to Johnson, we now live in an era of central banking on a fiat currency basis, with Wall Street reacting dramatically to every utterance of the Federal Reserve chairman."

1. abwilliams profile image68
                    abwilliamsposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Agreed Mike.
                    Johnson (D) also said some pretty awful things about black Americans. But, that's been fixed, via revisions...so never mind!!

I was a small fry, but I remember being all about Goldwater. smile

2. Sharlee01 profile image79

Kathleen

Fair Housing Laws  ---   Two-thirds of Democrats, and two-thirds of Republicans, joined in the historic victory. Five weeks later, the House passed the Senate measure without amendment, and Johnson signed the Fair Housing Act into law on April 11, 1968.

3. Credence2 profile image77
    Credence2posted 9 months ago

Good riddance, just another DINOsaurus. The school choice issue is just a Republican ruse, to destroy public schools.

There are many public schools that do such a poor job they should be destroyed.

How are those public schools' test scores? And how about the conditions of public schools in poor areas?  The school of choice programs are in 21 states and doing well.  Giving children the chance to leave their poverty-stricken areas and enjoy a good education.   

What have the Democrats done to make education better for the poor, and for blacks? Have you ever considered why private schools have better test scores, and the fact their Teachers don't belong to the union?

Do you think think the Democrats will ever really address the education of children that need to use public schools?

1. profile image56
        MartaKostyukposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Deleted

Here are my thoughts. I must point out I am biased because my children as well as my grandchildren attended private schools. So do I hope more communities adopt SOC, yes, I would love to see as many children as possible, that might not afford such an education could get their chance at one.

Public schools often follow a standardized curriculum, and have fixed schedules, in my view, this leaves less room for customization based on individual student needs. They generally have large class sizes which are challenging for teachers. Students have less of a chance to get personal attention if needed.   Public schools more often face budget constraints, leading to limited resources for extracurricular activities, equipment, and general materials.  Public schools generally can offer a range of subjects, but there are limitations in offering specialized programs or courses in specific areas of interest.

Schools of choice (SOC) often offer specialized programs or curricula that cater to specific interests or learning styles. This can provide a student with a tailored educational experience that aligns with their strengths. Any given SOC may adopt unique teaching methods or educational approaches. This allows families to select an institution that aligns with their educational values and preferences that match their own. Smaller Class Sizes can lead to more individualized attention from teachers. This can facilitate better student-teacher relationships, personalized instruction can work to increase student engagement.  SOC has enhanced resources:  particularly private or charter schools, often have access to additional funding.  This can result in improved facilities, equipment, and extracurricular activities.  Private and charter schools have the benefit of Increased Parental Involvement, working to foster strong partnerships between parents and educators.  Many schools of choice nowadays specialize in certain areas, such as performing arts, science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.   Students can immerse themselves in a particular field of interest and develop that expertise. SOC has a strong sense of community and shared values. Could this not work to contribute to a positive school culture? In my view can also work to foster a supportive and inclusive environment where students feel safe, motivated, and connected to a positive school community. And finally, offers greater parental choice.  Giving parents the opportunity to actively choose an educational institution that best fits their child's needs.   This alone could empower parents to play a more active role in their child's education.

1. profile image56

Deleted

"What  of the public schools that have had all of their best and brightest filtered away to schools of choice?"

Then the public school has to up their game to become competitive.

It is the job of the school leaders to figure our ways to compete with others. 

Children who have an opportunity to have a good education, just like the children of rich democrats have, shouldn't have that opportunity taken away because the public school can't compete. 

This is equal opportunity for education.

I would think the only way to fix the problems you have shared would be for
                Communities to work at making public schools competitive. I would assume they would once schools started closing, and many were laid off.

We need to do something productive, even if SOC may not help every child, it certainly will help many. America can't afford to have an uneducated population, and that's where we seem to be headed right now.

1. profile image56

Deleted

"Fix the public schools then."

It's too unionized to fix anything. There are the teacher's unions, the staff unions and even janitorial unions.  They are only focused on what is best for their union members.

So, you want to make the public schools as competitive as the private schools?

Start by eliminating the unions.

2. wilderness profile image95
                wildernessposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Outside of charter schools (supported by business in my area), I have never heard of a private high school specializing in engineering, chemistry, physics, biology or any of the hard sciences.  The cost of equipment needed, per child, is just too high when coupled with those small class size and high teacher/student ratios that are the trademark of private schools.

In addition, I think it is a very rare teenager that is competent to decide what field (s)he wishes to be trained in for the next 8 years (4 years HS 4 years college).

Then the public schools need to been throughly vett d and improved. This idea of vouchers basically will never cover the education of the vast amount of students who have need of it. It comes down to you get the quality and quantity of education that you can buy. Which means that we go back to blacks being sent to one room school houses with tattered books and antiquated materials, while whites and the affluent get the best the system has to offer? So, the only folks qualified to apply to college  are the whites and affluent, because you deliberately set things up that way from Kindergarten through 12th grade.

With the latest ruling on affirmative action, minorities are at a disadvantage because they do not have the wealth which was pilfered by white controlled institutions over a vast period of time. So what consrvatives say is to be a system based upon merit, ultimately, is anything but.

I want equal education opportunity and access for all, and the idea that private and charter schools paid through tax money siphon d from public schools is the answer, that gets a resounding NO from me.

In my humble opinion, of course.

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image77

Nothing will change in public schools as long as they are funded by property taxes - especially in cities that still have neighborhoods created by redlining (keeping minorities in specific areas).If we are serious about providing the same quality education to all our children, we will fund all public schools equally.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/mortgage … redlining/

Thank you for your response, I will read the link you added.

Yes, I read it.

So, what's changed? The conservatives always say that this and every other related issues are non-existent and are a thing of the past. Well, the past is prologue. There remains a residual effect from these dastardly, systemic, government sponsored racist policies in regard to the real estate industry.

So, who is it that keeps trying to tell me that what is clearly before my eyes is just a figment of my imagination?

So, am I really going to believe that ANY conservative based solution is about equal educational attainment opportunity for all of the children?

Forbes is a responsible and renown publication journal, who can dispute the information it provides? Thanks for posting the link.

As per this excerpt, the evidence is quite clear.
              --------------

"Even with the passage of anti-redlining laws and several updates to the CRA, the financial system and housing market still struggles with its redlining past.

Recent research published by academics at the University of Michigan, who examined the housing market in “marginalized” and “nonmarginalized” neighborhoods that share a border, underlines this fact.

"Looking at home sales data from 2000 to 2018, they found that residential properties “just inside the boundary of redlined zones” sold at a much lower price when compared to houses “in higher-graded zones” on the other side of the border. The study concluded that there are still negative effects on the housing markets where redlining occurred decades ago.

Readmikenowposted 9 months ago

I think schools should use more of a business model.

People should be given the opportunity to attend the school that works for them.  The better performing schools will get the money, the underperforming schools will be eliminated.  This is a good way to provide the best possible education. In many situations, public schools doesn't come close to providing an adequate education.  This is all about providing the best possible opportunity for families.

Why should families be forced to send their child to an underperforming public school when a private school will do much better?

This makes it possible for lower income families to send their children to good schools just like those in wealthier neighborhoods.

I view it as equal educational opportunity.

1. wilderness profile image95

What happens to inner city kids when their schools no longer get any funding?  We all recognize that they are but shadows of quality schools, but what happens when the funds are not just low but gone?

Will we truck those kids to the next city?

I must say that is a good point...

"The better performing schools will get the money, the underperforming schools will be eliminated.

This is the definition of racism in education. Why do you suppose underperforming schools are underperforming? I'll bet it has a great deal to do with where they are located and the value of their tax base.

Huh? What race?

If this is the case then students located in these areas should be given vouchers to attend private schools just like the children of wealthy democrats attend private schools.

I think NOT doing this is racism.

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image77

Sending a few students to private schools is putting a band aide on a broken arm.

How we fund public schools in this country needs to be changed. Ever wonder why poor areas in our nation stay that way generation after generation? The system keeps them that way.

It IS a problem (how we fund schools).  But to require more wealthy "patrons" to fund schools in need of money rather than funding the schools their own children attend doesn't seem realistic, either.

Not sure what the solution is, except more of the same old, same old - force the rich pay for everything we want but don't want to pay for.  I'm certainly open to suggestions down a different road, though.

Could it be that people in that area keep it that way?

Growing up, we lived in some poor areas.  Now I live in a rather nice area.

I can tell you, people in poorer areas don't care about their property.  They have a mentality of being owed things from society and the government. The people in the poor areas where I lived all believed they were victims of society and not responsible for anything they did. They had an attitude they should be given a job rather than working for one, etc. The areas where we lived had no value for education.  democrats come into these areas, tell them what they want to hear, get the votes and move on. They give them handouts for things most people have worked hard to get.  There is no appreciation for the things they are given.  I have seen it.

In the nicer areas people take pride in their property, their jobs, their lives. They have a strong work ethic and value education.

The difference is not the "system" but how people conduct themselves.  Their values and beliefs. THAT is the biggest difference. 

As far as I am concerned you get to choose.  You can remain in a poor neighborhood with little opportunity or you can move on from it. 

I say let the people in poor neighborhoods who value education should get all the support with charter schools, etc. They are showing initiative and a desire to make things better.

Those who don't care get what they deserve.

I've lived in both worlds.

While I understand and (mostly) agree with this, it still leaves children in the lurch, virtually condemned to repeat what they have been through as that's all they know.

You are correct. I have seen that as well.

How do you help people who don't want to help themselves?

1. gmwilliams profile image84
                      gmwilliamsposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Exactly.  Many are poor because THEY WANT TO BE, pure & simple.

Does that apply to ALL of them?

I agree, it is baffling to me that in a society where some are willing to stand on pedestals and fight for the right of mere children to make difficult life-changing gender decisions, are very lacking ignoring the fact that our education system is failing our children. Do you see any protests demanding fixes? Do you see the media really reporting it other than a blurb here and there? 

So, what does this say about our society? Have many already succumbed to being somewhat illiterate, due to the poor education option here in the US,  and don't see the big problems due to being guided toward the little ones?  Have we far become a dumbed-down society? 

I mean education is so important, yet "We The People" do nothing to demand change, to offer better education.

1. profile image56
                      NJankowiczposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Deleted

not interested...  At all

2. gmwilliams profile image84

+10000000000.

3. gmwilliams profile image84

+1000000000000.

2. tsmog profile image85
                  tsmogposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Human nature is an interesting topic, isn't it? In my view, that is why we need education.

It is interesting.  I've also seen this played out in other countries.

Could it be part of the human condition?

1. tsmog profile image85
                      tsmogposted 9 months agoin reply to this

An emphatic, yes, while human nature is said to be part of the human condition.

But people have to want education to be educated.

3. profile image56
                  NJankowiczposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Deleted

Because public schools are tasked with educating everyone not just little "Richie Rich", AKA, Wentworth. You want to destroy the foundation of democracy, make equal education attainment by every citizen difficult.

When it comes to conservatives,  parity and equality is the last thing that they would want.

As my late Caribbean father stated, one has to EARN his/her way & no one OWES anyone anything.

I still think that people in these areas who want their children to attend private school to get the best education possible should be accommodated. Why should a person's child not have a chance at a good education like all the rich democrats who sent their children to private schools?  THIS is equality.

I agree, It is unfortunate but we are in a situation that public schools don't always offer the best education, many children are passed through, and lack basic reading and math skills. Let's face it nothing is being done or has been done in the past to fix the public schools on going problems.  So, in order for this nation to thrive we need private schools to insure a percentage of our children are getting good education.

This may be a bandaid --- but at this point, we need educated citizens to grow our Nation.

Hopefully, parents with children in public schools will unite and will demand better education for their children. We have had decades of public school problems. Our private schools are saving this nation turning out children and young adults equipt to thrive.

"I still think that people in these areas who want their children to attend private school to get the best education possible should be accommodated"

But we know from values of conservatives and the right wing, they won't be.

4. Credence2 profile image77

Standard right wing boilerplate, Mike

But there is some truth in SOME of it. I have been around a lot longer than you and have experience similar things.

The tremendous cost of living have chang d the dynamic, both parents have to work within a greedy capitalist system, where what is given to them in exchange for their work has declined over time.

It is difficult to maintained manicured lawns and such when you are working two or jobs a day to make ends meet. I have known people like this within this town where I currently reside. Unlike the "old days" absentee parents fail to discipline and train children, so bad habits associated with failed outcomes are passed along.

The idea that the poor are exclusively responsible for this plight is just as big a fable as the people in third world nations believing that America has streets paved of gold.

But the POOR nowadays are RESPONSIBLE for their plight.

I would say people who work two jobs will be the ones who will take care of their property.  These are people who are willing to work for what they get.

There are others, like the ones in the areas where I grew up, who had quite the opposite attitude.

Thank you, Readmikenow.   The poor have a different purview.  They were inculcated by their immediate culture be it parents, other family members & peers  to be powerless.  They are taught that things happen to them instead of making things happen.  They are in a strictly survival mode.  They exist at a scarcity level.

They contend that anything beyond survival is somehow beyond them.  They also believe in instant gratification.  The culture of poverty teaches that the future means very little or naught to the poor.  They view their existence as day to day.  Since they have a powerless mindset, they feel that nothing they do matter.  They also don't have an ownership mindset.  Since they don't have an ownership mindset like the middle class, they don't maintain the things they have.   The extreme poor contend that the government will somehow rescue them or keep supplying them.   

The poor also believe that education & advancement are irrelevant in their lives.  They contend that education are for wealthier people, not them.  For many poor, a rudimentary education is best & anything beyond that is totally superfluous.   Poor people raise their children far differently than the solidly middle class.   Poor people have been indoctrinated into the powerlessness & victimology mode.  They also have an extreme defeatist & fatalistic outlook on life.

3. tsmog profile image85
          tsmogposted 9 months ago

Yes, education attainment for us is a challenge, I agree especially comparing us to the world countries.

Poking about I discovered a 2018 Report Card of school choices by state. Take a peek.

Report Card on American Education by The American Legislative Exchange Council (2018)
          https://www.alecreportcard.org/state/

Scrolling through the states it is obvious it differs by state as well as charter schools and school choice are from a F to A. That leads me to believe there is not one single resolute solution to the challenge of education across the board of the US.

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image77

Historic note: This was back when the South was primarily Democrat. Today, all those folks would be Republicans - hardly recognizable from the Democrats today.

But thanks for a source.

5. Kathleen Cochran profile image77

Thanks, Credence. I grew up in the Deep South and lived through the Democratic transformation that produced Newt Gingrich and the way our government changed drastically.

You're most welcome, Kathleen, we know that the "old south" and its politicians rather than embracing an altered Democratic Party, changed to a GOP affiliation, AKA, Southern Strategy.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
        Necessary
        HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
        LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
        Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
        AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
        HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
        HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
        Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
        CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
        Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
        Features
        Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
        Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
        Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
        Marketing
        Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
        Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
        Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
        Statistics
        Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
        ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
        Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
        ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)