Biden Has Insulted Millions Of Christians On Our Most Holly Day

Jump to Last Post 1-41 of 41 discussions (234 posts)
  1. Sharlee01 profile image84
    Sharlee01posted 6 weeks ago

https://hubstatic.com/16976921_f1024.jpg
    It deeply saddens me to witness Joe Biden's recent proclamation, which I perceive as a blatant disregard for the sanctity of Easter Sunday. By choosing to declare Trans Visibility Day on this holiest of days for Christians, Biden has, in my opinion, committed an act that can only be described as 'blasphemous'. This decision not only insults the beliefs of millions of faithful individuals who hold Jesus Christ dear but also demonstrates a lack of sensitivity towards the significance of this religious occasion.

I earnestly hope that the appropriate authorities, including the Pope, will take the necessary action to address this matter. If such actions continue, it may warrant consideration of excommunication from the church. Biden's actions appear to be a form of discrimination against Christians worldwide, causing unnecessary distress and offense. As a Christian myself, I find it disheartening to witness such disregard for our religious traditions and values.

"The Democratic president issued the proclamation on Friday, calling on “all Americans to join us in lifting up the lives and voices of transgender people throughout our Nation and to work toward eliminating violence and discrimination based on gender identity.”

But in 2024, the March 31 designation overlaps with Easter, one of Christianity's holiest celebrations. Trump's campaign accused Biden, a Roman Catholic, of being insensitive to religion, and fellow Republicans piled on.

"We call on Joe Biden’s failing campaign and White House to issue an apology to the millions of Catholics and Christians across America who believe tomorrow is for one celebration only — the resurrection of Jesus Christ," said Karoline Leavitt, the Trump campaign's press secretary. She assailed what she called the Biden administration's "years-long assault on the Christian faith.”

House Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., said on social media that the “Biden White House has betrayed the central tenet of Easter” and called the decision “outrageous and abhorrent.”

Biden devoutly attends Mass and considers his Catholic upbringing to be a core part of his morality and identity. In 2021, he met with Pope Francis at the Vatican and afterward told reporters that the pontiff said he was a “good Catholic” who should keep receiving Communion."

But Biden's political stances on gay marriage and support for women having the right to abortion have put him at odds with many conservative Christians."

Sources
    https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-spar … ay-1885302
    https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/national-in … r/3502394/

1. Miebakagh57 profile image67
      Miebakagh57posted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

It's a pity. This is just to climb up the the presidemtial campaign ladder.                                      Joseph Biden is addict to belittleing millions and of people.

Sharlee01posted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

It was a political ploy. One that is not that unusual. They need to deflect and get citizens to look away from the very blatant failure of this president.  All is becoming worse not better...  Trump is ahead in the major swing states, and it's evident he has good support across the nation. 
        March 4, 2024   https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 … gia-polls/

Trump Leads in Key States  March 3, 2024
          https://www.nbcnews.com/now/video/trump … 8278597686
        https://www.wsj.com/politics/elections/ … s-ad594acb
        https://nypost.com/2024/04/03/opinion/j … r-himself/

2. abwilliams profile image68
    abwilliamsposted 6 weeks ago

Biden is a lost cause.

Sharlee01posted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

He really is. I came back this evening from a wonderful-filled day of celebrating Easter in Puerto Vallarta, with reenactments of "He Has Risen". and just people all joyous of the day off work, celebrating with their family and friends. To return and see this media report. It sickens me. But, tomorrow will be another day, Easter.   The day holds deep spiritual significance for all Christians, representing the foundational truths of our faith: the resurrection of Jesus Christ, redemption, hope, renewal, and victory over death.  Angie Have A Blessed Easter.

1. abwilliams profile image68
        abwilliamsposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

The U.S. has a very bad reputation right now Shar. Sad, but true.
        A Blessed Easter to you and yours as well.
        I attended a beautiful service this morning and have enjoyed the day with my family. My twin granddaughters will be 2 in May and they were adorable on the hunt for eggs.

I spent Easter here in Puerto Vallarta. Holy Week is celebrated with all kinds of wonderful events here. It was a joyous week...

3. Willowarbor profile image61
    Willowarborposted 6 weeks ago

The culture wars have come to Easter.

"President Joe Biden on Friday issued a proclamation recognizing March 31 as Transgender Day of Visibility, just as he has commemorated the day every year since he has been in office.

As Easter Sunday falls on March 31 this year, conservatives responded furiously, accusing the president, who is Catholic, of attempting to stifle Christian values by highlighting the event during an important religious holiday.  Certain media really misrepresented this one.  Do they think that we don't understand Easter lands on a different date each year?

The Transgender Day of Visibility, observed on March 31 each year, (God forbid it should land on Easter one of these years) was started by advocates 15 years ago as a way to celebrate transgender people and raise awareness of the discrimination they face.

This is not a Biden proclamation and I personally don't find any issue with him recognizing the day.  Who does this hurt or offend? 

I wonder what Jesus thinks? 

For many of us, Easter is a time to reflect on the meaning of life and the power of love and forgiveness. Not judgement. Through the symbolism of Easter, we are reminded that no matter how dark things may seem, there is always hope in the power of resurrection and new beginnings.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/3 … r-00149841

Perhaps he could have considered announcing on one of the other 365 days.  Not the day before the day this Easter fell on this year.   It's disappointing that despite President Biden's emphasis on respecting all genders, religions, races, and more, there seems to be a blind spot when it comes to Christianity, which starts with the letter C in the alphabet. It feels like Christians worldwide are being discriminated against, causing unnecessary upset and offense. As a Christian, I'm saddened to see our religious beliefs and traditions disregarded in this manner.   It's disheartening to witness the hypocrisy from left-leaning media and those who are making excuses for Biden's proclamation.

Let me be straightforward, and please remember this is my perspective. While it's reasonable to have differing beliefs, it's unacceptable to use a Christian holiday as a mere political tactic. From my standpoint, that's precisely what Biden attempted to do. It's baffling to comprehend how such a move could bring about anything constructive.

Politico Quote --  "The Transgender Day of Visibility, observed on March 31 each year, was started by advocates 15 years ago as a way to celebrate transgender people and raise awareness of the discrimination they face."

So, why issue a Presidential proclamation, especially on the day before Easter this year? Could such a proclamation not have been made at any other time during his presidency, it would have gone pretty much unnoticed. It's puzzling, isn't it, Willow?

1. Willowarbor profile image61
        Willowarborposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

"it's unacceptable to use a Christian holiday as a mere political tactic"

How so  if the date of March 31 has been recognized for the last 15 years as a day of transgender visibility? 

I see that Biden recognized it on March 30th of last year also..and he first declared March 31 as Transgender Day of Visibility in 2021, but the date this year coincides with Easter.  So? Are we really becoming  that fragile and cynical as a nation?  Too much pearl clutching for me.

Why is it only a problem this year?  Is a christian, he doesn't need to apologize to me for recognizing other human beings.  I don't take it as an affront to my faith.  I suppose my branch of Christianity is more welcoming, less judgmental.

I very much appreciate and respect your perspective but I have a difficult time seeing something that he has done for years to be just purely political.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo … isibility/

Let me clarify regarding the statement: "How can March 31 be recognized for 15 years as a day of transgender visibility?"

My point is that President Biden's proclamation could have been made at any time; it didn't have to coincide with the day before Easter this year. He could have chosen a different time. It's clear that Christians are aware Easter falls on varying dates each year. I feel it was political, and to be blunt, can't even imagine what brainiac came up with this one. But, thank you whoever...

I suppose it's more of a commemoration than a proclamation considering this day was proclaimed 15 years ago and it has been commemorated or remembered yearly. The date not chosen by Biden.  If we commemorate a day or event, we usually do it on the same day each year...V day comes to mind.  Would you be open to commemorating that day at any time of the year, different dates each year?   Maybe the March date has some significance for these folks.

1. wilderness profile image94
              wildernessposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

That's a good point, and one that I cannot even guess at either.  Does the date have some particular significance to some folks?

"That idea turned into International Transgender Day of Visibility, which falls on March 31 every year. Crandall-Crocker (the founder) said she chose the springtime date because she wanted some distance from Transgender Day of Remembrance as well as Pride Month, which is in June. "

I don't know what all the fuss is over this, is it that they chose a date that may overlap at some point with Easter or is it just the fact that Biden commemorated the day?

I confess the whole thing seems silly to me.  There is a Transgender day of Remembrance, plus the Transgender Day of Visibility.  Plus, of course, Pride Month.  What are they all for?  What is the significance?  Are the just there to proclaim "Look at me!  I'm important and I matter!"?  Do they need 3 days to do that?  What day is reserved for me (white, straight, American male)?  Shouldn't I matter too?

Then we have the complaint that Biden repeated the 15 year old policy of recognizing the "Day of Visibility", whatever that means on a day that Christians seem to have reserved for themselves?  So what?  I don't even get the outrage here, perhaps I don't have a personal day to get outraged over.

So I don't get it, not at all.

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
                  Kathleen Cochranposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

"a date that may overlap at some point with Easter "

What better day to celebrate mercy and grace and forgiveness? Especially since this is an area where we need an outpouring of all those traits towards those who are not exactly like us.

They don't need a day or days, they need our prayers for them to get the help they so desperately need.

2. wilderness profile image94

Well said!

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image77

Willowarbor: "I don't know what all the fuss is over this"

Neither do I, especially when you remember all the outrageous, offensive, obscene, and down right lies Trump has said over the years that don't seem to bother these people at all. It's hard to take their outrage seriously.

Take heart in the fact that this will all be over soon and will fade into the realm of nothing more than bad memories.

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
                  Kathleen Cochranposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

I'm not interested in Trump naming a day for Christians.

I'd be interested in him behaving like a Christian on any day.

Willowarborposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

"I'd be interested in him behaving like a Christian on any day."

A lot of folks seem to overlook that part don't they?  That for me is just the ultimate in hypocrisy.

We have some that are so offended that Biden recognizes a group of people while they turn a blind eye to Trump's mockery of Christian values.

2. Sharlee01 profile image84

I'm unsure if the date holds significant meaning for Tranggerders, but I respect their right to observe it if that is the case. However, I take issue with Biden's apparent lack of respect for Christian traditions. While acknowledging the potential significance of the chosen date, I find it troubling as a Christian. The tradition of determining Easter's date dates back centuries and holds deep spiritual importance to many Christians.

The perceived prioritization of one group over another strikes me as hypocritical and discriminatory. As a Christian, I find it challenging to accept such discrimination, especially when it feels like Christianity is being sidelined by suggesting an alternative way to determine Easter's date. The biblical foundation for Easter's timing is unmistakable, intertwined with Jesus Christ's crucifixion and resurrection during the Jewish Passover.

While I strive to respect others' traditions, even if they differ from my own, I also advocate for tolerance. In this instance, I'm appealing for tolerance as a Christian regarding the longstanding tradition of dating Easter. Though I acknowledge the right of others to propose changes, I personally find it hypocritical and revealing of certain mindsets.

Moreover, I take umbrage with the timing of Biden's proclamation, just before Easter. It feels more like a strategic political move than a genuine recognition of Transgender rights. With ample opportunities to make this proclamation earlier, Biden's choice of timing appears disrespectful and offensive to Christians. It seems to be a calculated maneuver rather than a sincere effort to uplift a marginalized community.

"The perceived prioritization of one group over another strikes me as hypocritical and discriminatory."

He made a statement for each though. He acknowledged the transgender visibility day while making a statement acknowledging Easter as he is a Christian, a Catholic.  The timing was random as it has been noted that Easter falls differently every single year. Where is the discrimination? 

In terms of Biden violating Christian traditions, how exactly?    Do you feel that Trump, in history and on a daily basis upholds Christian traditions/ values more faithfully? Through his words, through his actions?  If folks can be that upset about Biden voicing support for a marginalized group of people, that same group has to be absolutely outraged with much of Trump's words and behavior. Yes?

"It feels like Christianity is being sidelined by suggesting an alternative way to determine Easter's date. "

I am completely unaware of anyone suggesting this.

"With ample opportunities to make this proclamation earlier, Biden's choice of timing appears disrespectful and offensive to Christians."

He has acknowledged and commemorated this day at the same time for the past 3 years. Why is it an outrage this year?  When was he to commemorate it a month earlier? I'm not sure that makes sense. Again should we commemorate V-day just at any random time? 

If so many folks are concerned with the embodiment of Christian values and outraged that Biden does not exemplify them, that probably doesn't bode very well for Trump.

Are you personally concerned with Trump's Christian values?

Again this is not about Trump. But fully see your point.

I am not personally concerned with the values upheld by our leaders. We all have varying individual views.  Which has been made clear in this thread.  Particularly in light of recent events surrounding the recognition of transgenderism.

As someone guided by religious teachings, and feels I have rights regarding my religious beliefs, I find it troubling when governmental actions seem to contradict or undermine those beliefs. Perhaps it's not about any specific individual like Trump or Biden, but rather about ensuring that government respects diverse religious perspectives and refrains from promoting ideologies that conflict with them.  I think this comment will share my thoughts, more clearly now, that I have had the weekend to calm down and consider the issue.  To be very honest, and again my view, I believe this was political. 

It caused a stir, it reached those who are non-religious, as well as those who are. Some are very pleased, some not so much.

1. IslandBites profile image89
                    IslandBitesposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

but rather about ensuring that government respects diverse religious perspectives and refrains from promoting ideologies that conflict with them.

If that was the case, then no president should be giving any message about Easter. Or any religious occasion.

Your idea/thread is a contradiction.

2. Willowarbor profile image61

"As someone guided by religious teachings, and feels I have rights regarding my religious beliefs, I find it troubling when governmental actions seem to contradict or undermine those beliefs."

What "action" was taken that contradicted or undermined your beliefs?   

Nearly everything Trump (a candidate for President) says and does violates my personal beliefs, my Christianity and the  core values that I believe  guide the manner in which we should treat people.  I find his character reprehensible but until his words turn into actions I don't have much recourse do I?   

We are talking about speech here, not action.  I can understand if you do not support a particular candidate because their agenda is incongruent with yours. 

I do think that many of us are getting a little overly sensitive to speech though.

Media again capitalizes on every utterance, often leaving out details and context. I know you're well aware of that. 

As far as it being political,  how do we ever know what's someone's intentions are?  But politics is a game. I doubt that transgender folks make up a sizable voting block. So was Biden simply saying he's about inclusivity? Probably and that's just fine with me.  It's also a strategy.

You get more with sugar than salt. 

Trump's unwillingness to be inclusive will be his downfall. It's a numbers game at this point.  If I were him I wouldn't continue to call Nikki Haley a bird brain if he would  like even a portion of her  supporters.

"it's unacceptable to use a Christian holiday as a mere political tactic"

Willowarbor: Do you think it is also unacceptable to use the selling of Bibles as a mere political tactic?

I suspect you do as much as I do.

Worse yet, a Bible with an American flag ,  the declaration of Independence and the Constitution all melded into one... Completely erasing separation of church and state!  Trump really hit a home run on this one.  Pure sacrilege. Taking advantage of people's faith for money.

IslandBitesposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Signing bibles as if was his book. Yikes.

abwilliamsposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Ya'll do realize that there is no such thing as separation of church and state, right?

1. Valeant profile image85
                  Valeantposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

We realize that white Christian nationalists believe that should be the norm, that's for sure.

2. Credence2 profile image78
                  Credence2posted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

AB, I am surprised that you actually believe that.

I don't want the government to tell me what religion to worship or put on a silver platter. The American principle is non-establishment, neither advocating nor hindering the expression of religious belief.

I don't want teachers using religious materials to instruct my children in Public Schools. There are as many religions as there are stars in the heavens. Which of any of them have the right to impress itself on all of us?

Who would be so brazen as to declare otherwise?

Just stating facts.

Why issue a PC statement placating a vocal group of people on this day?  Because:

1.  This date was chosen 15 years ago, and not by Biden.

2.  Had the Council of Nicea chosen an actual date instead of the first Sunday after the full moon following the vernal equinox in the norther hemisphere there would be no conflict.

But when the Christian leaders failed to give an actual date, instead leaving it open to a wide range of dates ranging over nearly a month, the result that it would "conflict" with other pre-chosen dates was inevitable.  This is not "persecution" of Christians - if anything the persecution comes from Christians that have declared the month to be for them and them alone, wherein no one else is allowed to have significant dates.

Perhaps Christianity should choose a specific date, different from all others, to celebrate their private holidays?

Agree!

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image77

"Perhaps Christianity should choose a specific date, different from all others, to celebrate their private holidays?"

The simplest way to explain the date of Easter is that it falls on the first Sunday after the full moon that follows the spring equinox.

But he Greek Orthodox Church uses the Julian calendar, not the Gregorian calendar that most other Christian believers (and secular civilizations) use. Greek Easter is also dictated by the Hebrew calendar because it always falls after Passover.

How do you propose Christians all over the world agree on a different means of determining when to celebrate Easter?

I agreed with wilderness general idea that the TVD proclamation was not christian persecution, etc. I dont care which day is Easter celebrated.

I'm completely fine with him issuing proclamations; he could proclaim the sky is now to be called "Hunter blue eyes" for all I care. No issue with his proclamations themselves. It's solely the timing of his proclamation that bothers me. Seems like a cheap political maneuver, one I've begrudgingly grown to understand. Hopefully, that clears up my frustration.

So, you didn't find the timing he selected a bit peculiar? No need for a Google search to figure out dates and facts on this one... Just good old common sense. This move seemed highly political; it was as if it would backfire on anyone who dared to use common sense. But hey, that's just my perspective.

As far as Christians changing how they determine what day Easter falls on... Maybe The Transgender Day of Visibility date could have been better thought out. We have 365 days and 12 months in a year.  Many dates are to be had.

"Up to the 8th century AD, there was no uniform method for determining the date of Easter, but the method favored by the Council of Nicaea in AD 325 gradually became the accepted method. The adoption of the Gregorian calendar requires some modifications to this scheme but it is still basically the same."  https://www.rmg.co.uk/stories/topics/wh … he%20same.

Do we really need to alter this approach for a newly declared day of recognition? Seriously, is this required? Christians surely deserve to have their traditions respected, don't they?

You are ignoring that you are trying to set aside an entire month, with varying dates each year, as something only Christians can use.

This does not seem reasonable, and to say that they are discriminated against when it doesn't happen anyway just doesn't make sense to me.

No one is saying Christians cannot celebrate Easter on any day they choose...but you are saying the opposite.  That ONLY Christians can use these days, to change each year according to an arcane formula that no one actually uses.  Who is discriminating, and who is discriminated against?

You've delved into complexities that aren't always easy to navigate, and I'm not one to shy away from such discussions, even if they can be challenging. It's possible to dissect every word shared in this conversation. In my view, one aspect that might concern Christians regarding sharing any date with transgender individuals is the potential clash with religious beliefs. Discriminating against religious beliefs isn't acceptable. Christians shouldn't be pressured to alter the way they calculate Easter to accommodate any particular group. Doing so could be seen as discrimination, as it involves potentially changing interpretations of Biblical scripture. I believe that transgender issues shouldn't be equated with religious beliefs, as they exist in separate realms of concern.

One must also take into account, from my perspective, it's essential to delve into Christian teachings, which often affirm the belief that a woman is a woman, and a man is a man. Many Christians hold the conviction that sexual relations should be appropriate and reserved for the union between a man and a woman. This viewpoint is deeply valued within the Christian faith.

Numerous Christians hold the belief that altering one's gender is considered a sin, primarily because it challenges the traditional understanding of gender as defined by their religious teachings. This conviction is rooted in interpretations of sacred texts and religious doctrines that emphasize the sacredness and integrity of biological sex as determined by a higher authority. Additionally, some Christians view gender transition as a departure from the natural order established by their faith, which they perceive as a violation of divine intention. As a result, they often advocate for adherence to traditional gender roles and norms as prescribed by their religious teachings. 

Let's think about this: Would Christians feel at ease sharing a designated day with transgender individuals? While I hope Christians prioritize tolerance, it's essential to acknowledge that attitudes may differ among individuals. That said, I believe it's fair to ask transgender individuals to respect our religion, which has deep roots spanning centuries. We hold it dear, and it's integral to our identity. Therefore, I urge transgender individuals to consider selecting a different month for their designated day to avoid conflict with our Holy Day.  Our beliefs truely collide, and Transgenderium is not a religion. Yes, now a well-argued right...  People also have the right to practice and hope others respect their right to practice their chosen religion and respect their long traditions. One does not need to be pushed aside to accommodate another.

1. tsmog profile image84
                tsmogposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Just some info to add to the dialogue.

Easter can fall on any day from March 22 through April 25. The last time Easter fell on Mar 31st was 2013 and before that was 2002 and before that 1991. Easter falling on Mar 31st will happen with 3.32500% chance.

[Edit: from the source next they state Easter being on Mar 31s happens next in the year 2086 and next the year 2097. They offer a link for that date for all the years through 9996.]

Easter dates
                https://www.projectpluto.com/easter.htm

"Easter repeats on a cycle of 5.7 million years. It follows a rather convoluted set of rules created by early Christian clergy that come close to, but not quite, meaning "the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox". About 10% of the time, the Easter rules don't line up with the actual equinox or full moon."

Also, for some, not all, the Resurrection is celebrated every day.

If one does not look to the dates of inception of this day and the dates in which Biden has consecutively commemorated the day, wouldn't context be missing.?  Context that creates a full picture?

3. Sharlee01 profile image84

Christians worldwide celebrate Easter, which commemorates the resurrection of Jesus Christ, on the same date every year according to the Gregorian calendar. Easter Sunday falls on the first Sunday after the full moon following the vernal equinox, typically between March 22 and April 25.

This date was established in the early centuries of Christianity at the First Council of Nicaea in 325 AD. It was decided that Easter should be observed on the same day by all Christians to maintain unity within the faith.

The choice of Easter's date reflects both Christian tradition and biblical events. According to the New Testament, Jesus was crucified and resurrected during the Jewish festival of Passover, which typically occurs in spring. Early Christians connected Jesus' resurrection with the symbolism of the Passover lamb, emphasizing themes of sacrifice, redemption, and new life. 

The adoption of a fixed date for Easter was a significant decision in Christian history, aimed at ensuring consistency and unity among believers worldwide in commemorating the central event of the Christian faith. Therefore, the idea of Christians just selecting a one set date yearly for Easter does not align with historical or theological realities.

In this situation, it would seem to make sense for Transgender Day of Visibility to pick a day that would not conflict with religious holidays.

3. TheShadowSpecter profile image86
        TheShadowSpecterposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Joe Biden has cognitive decline.  He doesn't know what he's doing.  He just shot himself in the foot.  Therefore, he should drop out of the presidential election.  He's a Catholic Irish-American, and already he has likely lost a lot of potential Catholic votes and Irish-American votes.  They'll vote for Donald Trump or Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. instead.  Joe Biden should never have run for office in 2020.  The fact alone that he chose not to run for president in 2016 demonstrates that he wasn't up for the job as president at all.  He won't get a second term in the Oval Office.

Amazing.

4. abwilliams profile image68

Easter is our reminder that Jesus Christ died on a cross, and on the third day, arose from the dead. He Lives!
    Perhaps Joe Biden should have shared this message instead!

"Jill and I send our warmest wishes to Christians around the world celebrating Easter Sunday. Easter reminds us of the power of hope and the promise of Christ’s Resurrection.

As we gather with loved ones, we remember Jesus’ sacrifice. We pray for one another and cherish the blessing of the dawn of new possibilities. And with wars and conflict taking a toll on innocent lives around the world, we renew our commitment to work for peace, security, and dignity for all people.

From our family to yours, happy Easter and may God bless you."

Or maybe just show a picture of Trump tied up in the back of a pickup? 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo … -easter-2/

"Jill and I send our warmest wishes to Christians around the world celebrating Easter Sunday. Easter reminds us of the power of hope and the promise of Christ’s Resurrection."

Biden seems to try to cover all bases, speaking from both sides of his mouth. It's a classic old-school tactic of trying to appeal to everyone, thinking, "I'm reaching a wide audience, that's the ticket."

This is not about Trump... I noted no one opened a thread regarding Joe in the back of a pickup truck. Perhaps this should have been discussed.

Well as far as reaching a wide audience, that would be the idea if you're running for the highest office in the land, wouldn't it? 

Some may call it being inclusive. I do think to win elections a candidate needs to pitch a big tent and invite everyone in.   Trump kind of has the opposite view.  Seems like he would rather bounce folks and have restrictive entry.  I don't think it's a strategy that wins elections.

Well, Biden certainly insulted a large part of Americans. To gain a pup tent full.

Good, I am glad he still acknowledges Easter.

I didn't even realize that there was a whatever - whatever day, thought Biden just Proclaimed it, Easter 2024.
        I stand corrected.

3. Valeant profile image85
        Valeantposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Christians being up in arms about having to share a sacred holiday with the LGBQT+ community.  Who could have seen that one coming?  Just another example of the right in this country attacking an 'other' group in this country.  Or what I would call, bigotry.

And the MAGA crowd around here gets offended by anything Biden does these days.  They are the little people that cry wolf.  Maybe they are just the new snowflakes nowadays.

"Who could have seen that one coming?  Just another example of the right in this country attacking an 'other' group in this country.  Or what I would call, bigotry.:

Absolutely, every individual and group, including Christians, deserves to have their ideologies and values respected just as much as any other religion, group, or segment of society. It's crucial to recognize and uphold the principles of equality and respect for diversity in our society. Your statement rings of discrimination as well as hypocrisy.  You use accuse those on the right of bigotry. I have not read any form or" example of the right in this country attacking an 'other' group in this country." On this given thread. I see shared conversations, and users sharing views until you post.

Attacking or discriminating against any group based on their beliefs is indeed a form of bigotry, and it's important to promote inclusivity and understanding among all communities.  Even Christians!

The equivalency you might have been looking for is if the trans community was up in arms that Christianity had Easter fall on their day of recognition.  Or if someone decided to post a thread in these forums decrying Easter and all the Christians who honor it as part of their religion.  But, as MAGA clearly failed to notice, that was not the case.  There was no attack on Easter by those of us on the left in these forums as there is clearly an attack on the recognition of the trans community.

Instead, Fox News ran a story that was so triggering that it had to be reposted at this site, a story that Christians are supposed to be offended because a 15-year old tradition happened to fall on the same day as a fluctuating Christian holiday.  And the original post in this thread is gaslighting as it claims that Biden created the day of recognition, when it's been on the books for years.

Someday, many hope that the uneducated people of this country will stop being told how to feel, especially when it's in a way to hate other Americans, by Fox News.  The faux outrage is just obnoxious, and honestly, pretty sad.

"Perhaps Joe Biden should have shared this message instead!"

He does.

Yes, as an "oh crap" afterthought.
        Come on man!

5. Ken Burgess profile image77
    Ken Burgessposted 6 weeks ago

Certainly brought visibility to trans day.
    Mission accomplished.
    A good reminder as well about what is higher priority, trans or women's Rights

6. Willowarbor profile image61

Here is my issue. We have a lot of right leaning media telling us about the outrage and backlash of Biden supporting transgender visibility day as it coincides with Easter. Some find that Biden's  message  runs contrary to their Christian beliefs.   Do the same beliefs lead people to be as upset with Trump as a candidate considering his character, his actions, his speech?   Folks want an apology from Biden yet everything is a okay with Trump? He is the embodiment of Christian values? Please inform me.  How do Trump and Christian values align?  Biden is blasphemous?  but I'm seeing posts on social media today comparing Trump with the likeness of Jesus.  Simply enumerate Trump's Christ-like qualities.

How are  your Christian sensibilities so offended by Biden's statement? How are they not offended by Trump on a daily basis?  How does one bully and debase others in the name of Christ?

"How are your Christian sensibilities so offended by Biden's statement? How are they not offended by Trump on a daily basis?  How does one bully and debase others in the name of Christ?"

Your view is noted, but I believe it's important to provide specific instances when drawing comparisons. While your question raises a valid point about consistency, it lacks contextual examples of Trump's actions or statements that might have offended Christian sensibilities. Given Trump's well-known public persona, it shouldn't be difficult to find relevant examples for discussion. Your inquiry is pertinent, albeit somewhat limited in scope, and it naturally leads to related discussions. Which might be a good thing at this point.  The main subject has been played out.

7. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 6 weeks ago

The man goes to mass every day.

He's not selling Bibles to raise money to defend himself against illegal actions.

He is recognizing an already-established recognition.

You people are really grasping at straws with this one.

Happy Easter!

8. Kathleen Cochran profile image77

"Join us in lifting up the lives and voices of transgender people throughout our Nation and to work toward eliminating violence and discrimination based on gender identity.” President Biden

He and I happen to share the same faith, which is based on being non-judgmental. I have no problem with his statement in support of a positive movement that just happens to fall on Easter this year.

9. abwilliams profile image68

I think we have come to terms with the fact that nothing is sacred in the U.S. any longer!
    The fact that we cannot speak up for what we believe in, speak out against ungodly things we cannot defend, without being made out to be the haters, turned into the fall guys, is as evident as the decline of the United States of America.

Angie -   It's disheartening to realize that nothing seems sacred anymore in the U.S. It's becoming increasingly evident, especially today as I reflect on conversations not just here on HPs but across other forums. In this sea of conformity, I find solace in the fact that you and I, we speak up, we share our truths boldly. We're a rare breed in a world where many seem to follow a uniform path.  The idea of being part of a homogenous pattern, devoid of individual direction, is truly unappealing to me. Who would want to be predictable, where words could be anticipated before they're even spoken?  Unfortunately, this seems to be the reality for many of us. However, when it comes to matters of my faith, I draw a firm line. And I believe I'm not alone in this stance.  We have every right to practice our faith, and yes defend it when it is being attacked.

It's evident to me that there's a wave of hostility coming from those who believe they have the authority to criticize Christianity, often without acknowledging the hypocrisy in their actions.

10. Valeant profile image85
    Valeantposted 6 weeks ago

Well, isn't being angry at others celebrating a day of recognition of a marginalized group a showing of hatred?  If people don't want to be looked at as those with hate in their hearts, why not have your celebrations and just let others have theirs?  Why the need for anger, or some weird narrative about the need to be insulted, at all?

If you need some perspective about this issue, Brian Tyler Cohen does a nice job of summing it up:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn5wl_PTdQA

"Isn't expressing frustration towards those celebrating a day of recognition for a marginalized group an act of hatred?" Speaking for myself, I see no one disparaging this group in any way.  Rather, I have simply pointed out that their ideologies may not align with certain forms of Christianity due to religious teachings.  Understandably, some Christians may prefer not to associate Easter with this group because of these teachings. Christians have every right to request that their beliefs be respected.  It's likely that this group didn't anticipate any conflict with religious dates when choosing to celebrate their identities. I don't perceive anger; I see individuals advocating for the respect of their religious beliefs.

This is the post you made:

"It deeply saddens me to witness Joe Biden's recent proclamation, which I perceive as a blatant disregard for the sanctity of Easter Sunday. By choosing to declare Trans Visibility Day on this holiest of days for Christians, Biden has, in my opinion, committed an act that can only be described as 'blasphemous'."

First, the gaslighting that Biden declared the day, when it's been a recurring observation for 15 years.  So, the OP started with a falsehood.  Then, stating that observing a day of visibility is, in the words you chose to post, 'blasphemous.'  How in the heck is that not an attack on the trans community or disparaging - on their day of visibility nonetheless.  It makes me wonder if the words that are posted in these forums are even understood before deciding to publish them.

And like I said above, no one was disrespecting the holiday of the Christians.  Biden acknowledged it equally with another one.  It's Fox News that told Christians that they need to be offended that another one fell on the same day.  Which is the latest example of inventing faux outrage, and is clearly ginning up negativity towards the trans community.  How that is not understood really does back my point about understanding what is being posted here, or that some just don't want to own their actions in attacking a marginalized group such as the trans community.

11. Vlado - Val Karas profile image70
    Vlado - Val Karasposted 6 weeks ago

I am not a church-goer, but I celebrate Easter and Christmas as two days signifying love and harmony -- two most important tenets of Jesus' teaching. And, I believe that, wherever Jesus may be now, he doesn't give a rat's ass about how Trump's and Biden's camps choose to badmouth each other by mentioning his name.
    Furthermore, if Easter is anything about his "return", I am not surprised one bit that he is reluctant to come back to face believers' hostile temper -- he already got crucified once by people who didn't know the first thing about love and harmonious coexistence.
    But then, of course, I am probably wrong, because I know nothing about political religion. - Amen, and Happy Easter!

12. abwilliams profile image68

Oh good grief! Shar was expressing a concern.
    Even if she, or I, had simply referred to all of this as a "distasteful timing issue", you would still call it an attack and turn it on us, making  us the bad guys. That's what you do; you are very good at it!
    There was no attack on anyone.
    All are not as woke as you....who knew that Whatever-Whatever Day has been "observed" for 15 years?
    I didn’t know it, I didn't observe it and furthermore, I still don't.

That's why people should read more than confirmation bias "news" and before giving bigoted opinions.
      I mean, unless they are ok being bigots. I guess.

What makes this bigotry, oh, enlightened one?
        Following Christ or believing that a man in a dress is still a man?
        Do tell.

Definitely that second part, considering what you described is not even remotely close to being transgendered.

So saying that a man (a biological male) in a dress is still a man (a biological male) isn't truth, it's  something  else?

What you are describing is a crossdresser. 

Transgender has more to do with the psychological, where the person feels that their gender does not match their sex at birth.  Then they choose to live fully as the gender that fits their personality.

Do you know anyone who is trans?  Is anyone in your orbit that has changed genders?

13. abwilliams profile image68

....and I am supposed to accept this psychological disorder, even when they (biological males) choose to enter into a (W) restroom or locker room behind my granddaughters?
    Is that what I am supposed to visualize on the day of Trans visibility?

So, I take it you don't know anyone in the trans community by your response.  The issue of bathrooms is being addressed and many schools are providing a gender-neutral option when possible or making laws that students need to use the bathroom of their birth gender.  I agree that it is a concern as long at there are attacks being done by trans students - which there have been.  Just as trans athletes in women's sports is a valid concern based on the research that trans athletes maintain advantages over their female counterparts.  We're actually in agreement on these issues.

But what concern was there to allowing a peaceful day of recognition of the transgender community?  Why the need for the uproar?  What harm was that causing Christians?  Because some don't believe that their fellow citizens suffer from gender dysphoria, they have to make an issue about a day of recognition?  Maybe those people could go out and yell at some schizophrenics next time, or berate some of their fellow citizens who suffer from depression.  Do they accept people that have those psychological disorders or are they attacking them by calling them blasphemous as well? That's about the equivalency to the cruelty being shown to people who are suffering in their own skin. 

There are somewhere around a million people in this country that fall into the category of transgender.  There are legitimate concerns surrounding those people.  Their day of recognition did not need to be one.

Why an entire day (or days, apparently, as I've learned through this thread) ??
        Jesus, I get.
        Our Independence, I get.
        Presidents, I get.
        Those that defend us, I get.
        But putting a psychological disorder on a pedestal?!
        I am being honest here, it makes no sense and doesn't belong.

And again, mental disorder days of recognition have been around for a while.

Dissociative Disorder Awareness Day - March 5th

Emetophobia Awareness Day - March 5th

Insomnia Awareness Day - First Monday following the change to daylight saving time
          PPP (Postpartum Psychosis) Awareness Day - First Friday of May

National Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day - May 7th

But Fox News went out of their way to single out those suffering from gender dysphoria.  And why a few of us here think that kind of thing is just straight up bigotry.

So, mental health is adequately covered already, via other days of observance...I rest my case!

We are only going in circles at this point.

Different disorders have their own day, which was the point you missed to try and go around in those circles.  When trying to make the case that gender dysphoria doesn't deserve its own day, in another display of something IslandBites was noting.

2. tsmog profile image84
          tsmogposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Just adding to, there are nearly 1,500 national days.

For a cynical article about it take a peek at;

Happy National Potato Chip Day! No seriously, you need more ways to waste your time by USA Today (Mar 14, 2020)
          https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ … 025818002/

"Nearly 1,500 National Days, National Weeks and National Months are absolutely worthless in real life."

Further along comes;

"OPINION

Brendan Clarey
          Opinion contributor

What day is it?

No, it’s not Saturday. It’s National Children’s Craft Day. And National Learn About Butterflies Day, National Potato Chip Day and National Write Down Your Story Day. But if you had no clue that our nation’s children are supposed to be crafting butterflies out of potato chips before writing down their stories, you’re in good company.

There are many things we can blame on the internet like gender reveal fails and the opening for “Full House” where everyone looks like Ron Swanson, but none of them compare to the infernal, diurnal stream of nonsensical days dedicated to everything from the mundane to the downright bizarre, all of which more unnecessary than the last."

Transgender Day of Visibility and (Easter this year) were not the only "days" celebrated yesterday. In fact, they werent the only ones recognized by the president.

But only Transgender Day of Visibility is the cause of the easily-offended christians whining.

smile

Not even sure it was the Christians, so much as Fox News trying to trigger the Christians to be angry about something meaningless to them.

Yup.

14. abwilliams profile image68

P.S. I realize that this discussion focuses on this proclamation happening during the Holy Days of Easter, but, all that I am seeing and learning from this disorder, is that it puts the future of my granddaughters in danger and at a great disadvantage!!

Yes, it does.   And the good fight is on. It is well time hypocrisy is well pointed out, and shown the light of day. I am in no respect about giving up any of my rights, my values, or my morals. I guess this is one of my shorter comments that says it all.

We can no longer be lukewarm in our endeavors Shar.

I agree, that's why I posted this thread. This issue does affect Christians.  many Christians may feel offended at this point, and more so wonder why Biden did not just use better judgment, and not make his announcement due to the date Easter fell on this year. His reasoning was poor, but then he has proven time and time again to make poor decisions.  And no we can no longer be lukewarm in our endeavors. Gloves off when it comes to insulting Christianity!  And in my view that is what Biden did on Saturday.

Biden did that?  By planning the day of recognition 15 years ago?  Wow, he truly is a mastermind to get into the heads of the far-right Christians in this country.  That kind of long-range planning will definitely get my vote!  Go Joe!

Here is what I said the context is clear.  This issue does affect Christians.  many Christians may feel offended at this point, and more so wonder why Biden did not just use better judgment, and not make his announcement due to the date Easter fell on THIS YEAR. (note the words this year)   I made no mention of him masterminding anything. He can't even combine a couple of sentences, let alone mastermind a political ploy.  I can't even imagine who came up with this ploy.

He certainly could have respected Easter over "a day of celebration for transgenders. That is my view.   

I think it's pretty clear who will get your vote.  But brush up a bit on deciphering context.  Might help you reconsider who you vote for.

Or MAGA could brush up with not being triggered that would lead to them 'possibly feeling offended' because Biden accepts that some people suffer from gender dysphoria in this country and they don't.

In my perspective, President Biden, like any individual, holds the right to his beliefs and the freedom to express them through speech. Similarly, I hold my religious convictions dear. When considering the vast number of supporters of former President Trump, I refrain from assuming they all shared my reaction upon hearing Biden's statement. I view people as individuals, and my reaction was personal, not indicative of any specific group like MAGA supporters. It's crucial to emphasize that my sentiments neither undermine nor infringe upon the rights of transgender individuals or those grappling with gender dysphoria. My faith guides me to strive for tolerance and respect, even amidst differing beliefs. While my opinion on gender dysphoria may hold little weight, my religious beliefs clash with the issue.

In essence, Biden is entitled to his beliefs and the expression of those beliefs through freedom of speech, just as I am. His proclamation undoubtedly triggered me, prompting me to voice my beliefs freely. I firmly believe he should have acknowledged that Easter fell on March 31 this year, showing a disregard for the significance of the holy day. In my view, he should have prioritized respect for religion over gender dysphoria. While gender dysphoria is recognized as a psychological condition, with some evidence suggesting potential biological factors in the development of gender identity, it is essential to consider the importance of religious observances.

15. Willowarbor profile image61

Still wondering how those who were so deeply offended by Biden's mention of transgender visibility day are not horrified on a daily basis by Trump's very un- Christian behavior and  words.  How does anyone criticize Biden so harshly yet continues to turn a blind eye toward Trump who tramples Christian values regularly? 

Who found Trump's  Easter messages on Truth Social uplifting to their faith?

Wrong thread (and there are plenty to choose from) not talking about Trump here. If you must persist, I suggest starting your own discussion, in yet another.....

Topic...

"Biden Has Insulted Millions Of Christians On Our Most Holly Day"

Response? Trump insults Christian values  and biblical teachings daily. 

As the Republican nominee, he is absolutely up for scrutiny as is Biden. 

Again, where is the outrage for Trump's Easter messages of acrimony, revenge and hate?

16. Kathleen Cochran profile image77

Some believers recognize that the first time the word “homosexual” appeared in the Bible was in 1946. That year, a committee gathered to translate an updated English version of the Bible from the Greek. Religious scholars, priests, theologists, linguists, anthropologists, and activists have done decades of research and investigation into the instances where the word appears in the Bible. Their conclusion is that in 1946 it was a mistranslation.

For thousands of years the word translated as "homosexual"  was translated as "rapist" or in some individual  texts "men who rape boys". Much has been written on this subject and is easy to find on the Internet. And as the recent disaffiliation conflict in the United Methodist Church demonstrates, there are many believers in various denominations who do not have a problem with homosexuals in their congregations.

17. Kathleen Cochran profile image77

Is it possible to edit the title of this discussion?

18. abwilliams profile image68

I refuse to recognize Potato Chips, if there isn't a National Doritos Day, I shall protest! ;-)

I can support that, but only if Cool Ranch gets a separate day from nacho.

Touche' smile

19. Valeant profile image85
    Valeantposted 6 weeks ago

Well, as long as you freely admit that your own perception might be the real issue in this case, that's a start.  That time and time again, such a perception leads to us having to debunk the falsities that are reposted from the main news feed that is clearly relied upon, Fox News.  In this case, that Biden put the day of recognition on the same day as Easter - when the reality is it's always been on March 31.  So, the assignment of blame to Biden for the coinciding days is the latest in a long line of partisan blame games based on fabrications and lies from Fox News.

Again a bit of good judgement would have gone a long way... No one here has made the claim Biden assigned the given day 15 years ago. Not sure what organization chose the day. And I will go one further, in my view, they did not choose that date 15 years ago to insult anyone.

Or again, maybe some basic proofreading to understand what kind of thread someone is starting by reading the words they are cutting and pasting from their triggering websites would help.

'By choosing to declare Trans Visibility Day on this holiest of days for Christians...'

Biden did not declare it, it has always been declared for March 31st.  So, keep those suggestions about good judgement.  They aren't needed.  Better to use it to understand when some fact checking is needed before posting falsities.

No, actually he declared it, read the context of his statement. He certainly knew on Saturday that Easter was the next day. And he openly in writing declared March 31 2024 to be "Transgender Day of Visibility".  This was the first a president proclaimed an actual date, was it not? Did Trump, Obama or Bush make a presidential proclamation? 

(What is the meaning of presidential proclamation?
          “Acts of the President fixing a date or declaring a status or condition of public moment or interest, upon the existence of which the operation of a specific law or regulation is made to depend, shall be promulgated in proclamations which shall have the force of an executive order.”)

He made the same proclamation last year 2023... Guess he forgot!   Or maybe he thought it didn't stick? Or maybe he wanted to do just what he did, spread division, and discord, and aim it at Christianity.  This was a cheap political ploy, in my view. One that was well planned, and very much the style for which demacrats are known for.

NOTE THE BUNNY LOGO
          https://hubstatic.com/16979310_f1024.jpg

Source  of Joe's identical proclamation he made in on March 30 2023 --- Yikes  https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo … isibility/

Yikes? Maybe you dont know how it works.

He's done the proclamation every year sice he's been in office. The same with Cesar Chavez Day, which is also celebrated on March 31.

And with Greece Independence Day, Thanksgiving day, Grandparents Day, and so on with any observance during the year.

I appreciate your insight. It's come to my attention that he opts to issue this proclamation annually, consistently reflecting his steadfast convictions on this matter. Our cherished freedoms grant us the liberty of expression and the pursuit of our beliefs, a principle President Biden evidently upholds through his recurring support for gender dysphoria awareness. While his stance may differ from mine, I find value in becoming aware of his perspective on the issue.

My recent source --   https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/31/poli … index.html

I agree Shar, very calculated indeed (not by Biden) he isn't capable. But, by "the organization" behind him. They know precisely how to destroy a Nation, piece by piece.

How does acknowledging a marginalized group destroy a nation?

Piece by piece.......

I do agree, what I have seen over the past 3.5 years is an administration hell-bent on destroying America, and all we have built and stood for. That's my truth, I need not write a book on this one... LOL

3. Valeant profile image85

So, he proclaimed something that was, and has been in existence for fifteen years, and that he has proclaimed for three years prior.

Declare has the meaning 'to formally announce the beginning of something.'  In that context, the word was the wrong usage.  A proclamation is simply the public announcement of something of importance.

Probably the same "organization" that has some poor deranged woman (and her offspring) in a tizzy because a Vetenarian will not examine her son, who thinks he's a cat!
        This "organization" is having a field day, breaking down the foundational tenets of the United States of America. Destroying American values one by one. Bending minds and pitting citizens against one another.
        Call it out, prepare to face the wrath as being crazier than the cat people! Dare not get in the way of "the organization"!

Or just another example of the MAGA crowd not understanding what they are seeing on social media and getting triggered by it.

The caption reads, “This lady identifies as an idiot. Her son identifies as a cat and she’s upset that the Vet won’t treat him.”

The claim is inaccurate. The video stems from a satirical TikTok account. The account’s bio has the satire label. The account features several similar videos. The video itself also has a satire label on the original post.

I have heard both, so there is an existing contradiction, but as far as the point I am making...we are fast approaching Obama's vision of fundamental transformation. We may already be there, and I am holding on to hope and keeping the faith for a return of better, not worse, days to come.

20. Kathleen Cochran profile image77

"I think it's pretty clear who will get your vote.  But brush up a bit on deciphering context.  Might help you reconsider who you vote for."

Where's that civility she likes to remind us so often that she has?

Asking for a friend.

Val and I certainly share barbs back and forth. We have very good debates.  I think you might want to follow our full conversation, and you would see where I was jabbing back.  I think Val took my comment as what's called sarcastic funny...

Yeah, no.  Like AB, I own my utter disdain for the current opposing political party.  I don't write something nasty and then try and convince people that that wasn't the intent.  If I am wrong with my claims though, I have the stones to apologize for being wrong, unlike many in these forums who just double down on their falsities.

Thank you V for using the words "utter disdain" and not hate.  The hate word gets thrown around much too much!
          I save the hate word for the most vile actions and intent of evil-doers, not for those who simply see things differently than me; politically or otherwise.
          I think that is something we can all agree on.

I have been conversing, I guess under my misconception. I felt we did have a cohesive way of communicating.  You have made yourself clear... I will omit any further replies to your comments.   My list has become short here... But thanks, I prefer when one is upfront as you have been, saves me the energy of bothering to reply. (not meant to be derogatory just upfront, and pleasant)

21. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 6 weeks ago

This is nuts!! Enough is enough...

Why should Biden not make the announcement that has been made over the last 15 years, just because Easter happened to fall upon the same day? He did not dismiss one commemorative event over the other.

The heck with the so called Christian manufactured offenses, faux outrage, and this is the same group that are buying the Trump $60.00 bibles?

They haven't got something better to gripe about?

22. Willowarbor profile image61

For anyone who was feeling outraged over Biden's recognition of TDOV and that he has disrespected Christianity,  I ask this..

Am I disrespecting followers of Islam when I don't wear a head covering in public? 

Am I disrespecting my Jewish friends when I cut my grass or do any work during Shabbat? 

Is my skirt that falls above the knee a direct diss to Mormons who hold a strong belief in modesty and dress that is excessively prideful?

If I baptize my child as an infant, I am in direct opposition to the beliefs of Baptists who believe in adult baptismal... Have I insulted them? Disrespected their beliefs?

Was there a backlash from Jews over Biden's Easter statement?  Were they disrespected? Was it offensive to their beliefs?

I could go on but I think folks get the idea. 
    This was nothing but manufactured rage.

Part of Biden's statement..

"Today, we send a message to all transgender Americans: You are loved. You are heard. You are understood. You belong. You are America, and my entire Administration and I have your back."

Seems like a message of love and acceptance (the horror)
    How does this conflict with Christianity? How does it violate tenents of Christianity?  It feels like Jesus would approve of this message.

But also where is the outrage for Donald Trump's daily  words and actions that fly in the face of Christianity?  Why do "Christians" completely ignore his transgressions?    What's offensive to me? When followers remake Trump's image to mirror that of Jesus... Blasphemous idolatry.

And as to the idea of keeping religion out of politics... we have a candidate hawking Bibles..

Deleted

1. Readmikenow profile image95
        Readmikenowposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Are you saying that Trans Awareness Day is on the same level of importance as the holiest day of the year for Christians?

Are you saying it should have the same level of recognition?  Are you trying to say they are equal?

A day for people with mental health issues who are impersonating the opposite sex is equal to the most holy day celebrated around the world by tens of millions of faithful.   A holy day that has been taking place for over 2,000 years.

You believe they have the same level of importance?

Are you telling me they deserve the same amount of recognition?

No, you have misunderstood my view. I was triggered by his proclamations, please take a moment to have a look at all my posts here. I am so saddened by what Biden chose to do on Saturday, it was so very upsetting to me.

"But also where is the outrage for Donald Trump's daily  words and actions that fly in the face of Christianity?  Why do "Christians" completely ignore his transgressions?    What's offensive to me? When followers remake Trump's image to mirror that of Jesus... Blasphemous idolatry.

It would be beneficial to have a specific incident to analyze. If we're discussing why someone might overlook Trump's exaggerated statements and prefer him over Biden as the next president, that would provide a clearer explanation. Both Trump and Biden are individuals with their share of flaws, making a direct comparison between the two quite nuanced.

Were you also offended when the left on national media often referred to obama as the Messiah and more?

Reader's view: News media elevates Obama to messiah
        https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/opini … to-messiah

Mike I was responding to this statement willow made, it was not my view at all.  "But also where is the outrage for Donald Trump's daily words and actions that fly in the face of Christianity?  Why do "Christians" completely ignore his transgressions?    What's offensive to me? When followers remake Trump's image to mirror that of Jesus... Blasphemous idolatry."

What I asked of her was to give samples of what she referred to concerning what words Trump stated offended her.

I would be highly offended if the media referred to Obama as the Messiah. I may have missed it when it occurred.

23. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 6 weeks ago

And then they ask why we call them bigots. SMH

24. abwilliams profile image68

You persist with the name-calling because I dare to call attention to a mental disorder. They need help, they need prayer, they do not need affirmation.
    And, yes, there is a fundamental transformation taking place in this Nation.That's not hyperbole, that's a fact!
    You can call me names and shake your head all day long and the facts still remain.

Calling names becomes the easiest way out...  Blaming, name-calling, selecting a few words... All very much a very easy way out of debate.

25. Readmikenow profile image95
    Readmikenowposted 6 weeks ago

Jesse Waters puts the situation in perspective.

It appears Trans Awareness Day occurred on Easter Day under Obama.  Yet, it was not made a deal like the biden administration.  Wonder why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ns1ISbvCE8

1. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

It was made a big deal by the phony evangelical Christian Right and the malevolent Fox News organization.

Cred,

That just isn't true.  This story was carried by media all over the world.  Media from every country from Australia to Italy and beyond were enraged by the actions of biden. I can tell you it is difficult to help by relatives in Ukraine understand why this happened.  It was a very stupid thing that he did.

The Trans Awareness Day occurred under obama.  Why was is not a problem with him?

"Archbishop slams Biden as 'cafeteria Catholic': Cardinal Wilton Gregory criticizes president for 'picking and choosing' parts of his faith that suit him following fury over Transgender Day of Visibility proclamation on Easter"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … aster.html

And yet, I'm not seeing a presidential proclamation about Easter in 2013 either.  So what that Biden chooses to acknowledge both, while Obama chose neither through his briefing room? 

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/br … mp;page=61

Credence2posted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

True, Mike, but what of it?

President Biden conducted the standard observance for Easter all the way down to the traditional Easter Egg Hunt. He did not introduce any anti-Christian conepts except from the standpoint of the Right being that their holiday was the only thing on that day Mr. Biden was to observe. He was not to speak on anything else, who says? why should the  entire world spin its orbit?

I see nothing unreasonable about his conduct and behavior for that day, it is just more red herring.

You and I disagree.

Can I ask what was so offensive?  Are there not many factions that fall under Christianity that are accepting of transgender and lgbtq people?
              If I am a part of one of those groups, can I similarly say I feel disrespected because my beliefs weren't given consideration?

Thanks for sharing Mike, great segment by Jesse. That list! Again, I say, who knew?

3. Willowarbor profile image61

Yes, the day has existed since 2009 I believe.  I am very confused over the  outrage of some Christians. Is it a problem that the day exists and that periodically it will land on Easter?  Or is the problem with a president or other officials of the government recognizing it with a statement?  And did Biden really make a "big deal" of it? How so?

Easter is a celebration of light over darkness. Yet, the Republican nominee for president  spent the day spewing lies, hate, and anger while likening himself to Christ.  From where I sit, his words and actions are much more of an affront or assault to Christianity than Biden's show of support for a marginalized group..

26. Sharlee01 profile image84
    Sharlee01posted 6 weeks ago

Willow raised a valid point.  However ---

The choice to wear or not wear a head covering in public and President Biden's announcement concerning Easter and Gender Awareness Day are indeed distinct matters that revolve around respecting individual rights. Your example illustrates a deeply held religious belief, one cherished by Muslims, just as I hold Easter dear. It's essential to recognize and honor the significance of diverse beliefs within our society while upholding the freedom for individuals to express their convictions.

Gender dysphoria is indeed a complex issue that transcends religious beliefs. It's fundamentally about an individual's right to identify with a gender different from their assigned one. While this concept has been acknowledged, I'm cautious in discussing it further because our understanding of its causes remains incomplete. Many studies suggest a physiological basis for gender dysphoria, indicating it may be rooted in physical factors rather than solely psychological or societal influences. Thus, it's crucial to approach this topic with sensitivity and a commitment to expanding our knowledge and understanding.

I will say, that the issue touches on religious teachings, in many different religions.  Ultimately, in my view, the right to choose one's gender is about affirming and respecting individual's rights over their own lives and identities. They have the right to promote equality and fundamental human rights principles. Christians have the right to protest an issue that does not align with their teachings, and I think you are well aware some religions feel it a sin to promote gender change as well as any form of homosexuality.

This is very much evident, and I have not shared my views on the subject, due to respect for individuality.  So, Biden clearly should have perhaps not offered his proclamation this year and just respected it clashed with many's religious beliefs.  I truely feel he used poor judgement.  Again it is clear he promotes, and shares far different views on the subject than many who find the issue goes against their own religious beliefs. That's his right. It did stand to offer his true insight, on the issue. This is a good thing, he has shown transparency.

"What is gender dysphoria classified?

Gender dysphoria (GD), according to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM 5), is defined as a "marked incongruence between their experienced or expressed gender and the one they were assigned at birth." It was previously termed "gender identity disorder."
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK5 … sphoria%20(GD)%2C%20according,termed%20%22gender%20identity%20disorder.%22

So, it seems we have a president who expressed views that diverge from not only Christian teachings but also those of many other religions. He shared these views from our government seat, which raises another important issue. From my perspective, and that of others like me, this felt like a direct challenge to my religious beliefs. While some may have genuinely appreciated his gesture, for many of us, it represents a significant point of contention. This is the challenging position we find ourselves in today.  In my view, he attempted to take a chip out of Christianity.

27. abwilliams profile image68

I missed Trump referring to himself as Christ, other things taking up the news I suppose!! wink
    Can you please share or tell me where to look for it. Thanks.

He's done it multiple times

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/trump-compare … x8NaDV2IN_

He also reposted this...

WAYNE ROOT: “Do You Believe in Miracles?” Something Supernatural is Happening with President Trump. We are All Witnessing “The Trump Miracle.”

Describing Trump...

"I believe a miracle, sent directly by God, is happening right in front of us, right now. You just have to open your eyes."

I think you repost things that you believe in.

Again, I don't think I've heard from anyone in terms of my question... If mentioning transgenders on Easter feels like an attack on Christianity, how do you or anyone else reconcile Trump's words and actions with your faith? If transgenderism is such a sin, and an abomination according to your interpretation of the bible but Trump can basically whiz on the tenents of Christianity and it's all okay. Please, make it make sense.

You've mentioned granddaughters, will it be cute when they call playmates or classmates "bird brains"?

This is from the article you posted.

"On Monday, Mr Trump claimed that he received a message stating: “It’s ironic that Christ walked through His greatest persecution the very week they are trying to steal your property from you.”

“Beautiful, thank you!” Mr Trump responded."

Based on your article.

President Donald Trump did NOT refer to himself as Christ.  It says, "He received a message," and he responded "Beautiful, thankyou."

TDS is a very real thing.

OMG Mike, dare I say, it's.....no, let's just stick with TDS.

Do the words in the sentence not indicate directly that this is not Trump, but another making the statement? I must agree this is TDS at its very best. What is wrong with people, it seems they have lost all common sense as well as the ability even to decipher context in a very simple sentence.

You don't get to mention my granddaughters or the words they may or may not use, I wasn't responding to you when I mentioned them!
        You want to see me angry, keep it up, ya'll might manage to rid yourself of a thorn.
        (p.s. to clarify, my use of the word "thorn", is in no way, a comparison to Jesus)

It's glaringly evident how the conversation keeps veering towards Trump, as if he's the sole point of reference whenever Biden's actions face scrutiny. When there's no justifiable defense for Biden, the conversation inevitably circles back to Trump. It's a classic diversion tactic. One could delve into the intricacies of Biden's character flaws and more, but it's apparent that they're not blind to these shortcomings. Instead, they willingly overlook them and redirect their focus towards Trump. Angie, this pattern isn't anything new or surprising from Democrats or many liberals.

And if they can't stir up a reaction, they resort to targeting loved ones. —it's all so predictable. Frankly, I wouldn't feel comfortable letting my grandchildren near someone who openly sniffs children's hair. There's a derogatory term for men who engage in that behavior.

I had to put my phone down and go for a long walk... nothing is off limits with these people!

Nor I Sharlee, nowhere near!

Maybe just for future reference, don't bring your grandchildren into conversations on an anonymous forum if you don't want them mentioned by others.

I will rephrase the question: who thinks it's okay for children to call their classmates or playmates bird brains?

I understood what you were getting at, but it wasn't a great usage.  Nor did I feel it was an attack on the grandkids, but those that are supposed be teaching them morality.  Not sure that level of deep thinking is understood in these here parts at times.

Shar and I were discussing how we spent our Easter Day, it had nothing to do with anything else.

I stand by what I said, no such luck getting me to go off...I walked it off already.

Actually, you initially brought them in with our conversation about the bathroom issue.  Which I understood as a concern, but it could have been a more general example.

It was general, but now that I understand no matter the time and history here (over 12 years for me now) it isn't a safe zone. Nothing is sacred, nothing is off limits, ya'll aren't my friends... I will not make that mistake again.

Doesn't it make sense that if you hold Biden to certain Christian values that you hold Trump to them also? Of course he is going to be brought up in every conversation because he is the Republican nominee for president.   I'm still looking for answers as to how Trump has exemplified Christian values in his life, his behavior, his words? If we don't look at the two men with the same standards, is it not hypocrisy?

How can Biden repel and cause such an adverse reaction to some Christians but Trump does not at all? Just trying to understand this faction of Christianity

How is the name calling, the bullying on social media the misogyny, the sexual assault, the lying and on and on exhibiting Christian values?

"Doesn't it make sense that if you hold Biden to certain Christian values that you hold Trump to them also?"

I want to make it clear that I haven't suggested Biden must adheres to any religious beliefs. My concern lies in feeling slighted by actions that seemed to disregard my own teachings and beliefs. Regardless of his personal faith or lack of faith, my main concern is his respect for my religious values. Biden certainly promotes idelogies that he feels strongly need to be respected, and not discriminated against. As his proclamation indicated. I have shared throughout this thread I feel his actions did in my view show a form of discrimination and lack of respect for my faith. He knew the following day was Easter, and he very well this year could have held off with his proclamation out of respect for Christians on this occasion. He used poor judgment in my view...  And that is just my view. All are equally to form their own thoughts on this issue.

This sentiment also applies to Trump. I'm not scrutinizing or concerned about Biden's Christian values or lack of;  rather, I'm solely assessing his poorly thought out actions that directly impacted my religion.

I have shared throughout this thread I feel his actions did in my view show a form of discrimination and lack of respect for my faith. He knew the following day was Easter, and he very well this year could have held off with his proclamation out of respect for Christians on this occasion.

But that makes no sense.

How can it be discrimination if he did in fact made a proclamation about Easter? You decry discrimination, but this is asking him to discriminate against Transgender Visibility Day.

You ask for respect, but what yiy said is not giving it to others (transgenders in this case), no? Why would he "held off" the other proclamations? Isnt the president supposed to be president for everybody? Not only Christians. A lot of people dont celebrate/believe in Easter. Would it be ok for them to spend days whining about the Easter proclamation? Demanding the president to held off Easter proclamations (and celebrations?) every year?

People should practice their religions and let others live in peace.

Are you actually placing the death, burial and Resurrection of Jesus Christ on the same plane as a random, obscure day that the majority of people have never heard of?

It sure seems to me that the left (in this forum discussion) give it as much weight and as much importance!
                  Maybe you aren't Believers, aren’t Christians,  and do not get the sentiment of this particlar forum discussion?! Which would make more sense, but at the same time, has me pondering, why such an investment in, again, a random, obscure day/date, March 31?

Not what I said. And is not about Transgender Visibility Day. Is about some righwing christians demanding the goverment to discriminate against others.

Meh. Why bother. This was a non issue, fake outrage of some partisan people. There are way more important thing to discuss.

I understand your concern about potential discrimination, and I respect your right to hold your beliefs.

From my perspective, psychological or possibly biological differences should not be grounds for discrimination. However, I believe it's important to distinguish between personal beliefs, such as religious convictions, and the rights of individuals who may identify as transgender. These are simply my thoughts, and while we may disagree, I don't find it productive for either of us to question the validity of each other's perspectives, when mine involves religious views.

I want to emphasize that I harbor no negative judgments toward individuals experiencing gender dysphoria. Nor have I shared any here.  While the concept may conflict with my personal beliefs, I  feel it's appropriate for me to express concern when events like Transgender Visibility Day coincide with religious holidays like Easter, as happened this year. This thread provided a good forum to share views.

It's evident that we hold different viewpoints on this issue, and that's perfectly acceptable. You're entitled to your feelings just as much as I am to mine. Ultimately, fostering understanding and respect for diverse perspectives is crucial, even when we disagree.

"How can Biden repel and cause such an adverse reaction to some Christians but Trump does not at all? Just trying to understand this faction of Christianity"

In my view, the varying reactions of certain Christian factions towards Biden and Trump can be understood by using several logical considerations. First, it's crucial to examine the policies and actions of both men. Biden's political agenda clashes with the beliefs or priorities of certain Christian groups, leading to disagreement or opposition. To list a few - abortion rights; LGBTQ+ rights; law and order...

Trump's policies may align more closely with the values and objectives of these factions, eliciting a more favorable response. Secondly, the rhetoric and communication styles of Biden and Trump play a significant role.

Biden's language or messaging may be perceived as disrespectful or dismissive towards certain religious beliefs,  (as it did to some over
              the Gender Proclamation)  thereby causing a negative reaction among some Christians. In contrast, Trump's rhetoric might be viewed as more supportive or in harmony with the beliefs of certain Christian groups, fostering a more positive perception among some Christians. He may not articulate his words well, but in many cases, they are the words Christians hope to hear. 

For some Christians, Biden may appear less in line with their principles, leading to skepticism or widespread criticism, while they may view Trump as a stronger supporter of their values, thus receiving a more favorable reception. Ultimately, these diverse reactions highlight the spectrum of perspectives within Christianity, influenced by individual experiences, interpretations, and priorities.

"How is the name calling, the bullying on social media the misogyny, the sexual assault, the lying and on and on exhibiting Christian values?"

Again, it would be fair to offer an example, otherwise, it would be hard to comment on such an array of accusations.  Context matters and circumstances matter in any issue.

3. Sharlee01 profile image84

Are you saying Trump claimed he was like Christ?  If so provide the quote. I could care little about what WAYNE ROOT stated.

The point was not to highlight Wayne Root but the fact that Trump reposted it. Trump elevated the sentiment, the blasphemy. As Christians we just don't do this, do we?

Do you repost things that you don't agree with or don't support?  He could have ignored it (recognizing that it is disrespectful to Christians to compare yourself to Christ) but he didn't.  I mean I don't think I've ever seen Trump repost anything related to tolerance for transgenders?  He reposts what he agrees with.  I'm sure he found it flattering. But for me he's no Jesus.  His really seem to be increasingly embracing a Messianic tone though. 

On his  Truth Social platform in recent months,  Trump  shared a courtroom-style sketch of himself sitting next to Jesus and a video that repeatedly proclaims, “God gave us Trump” to lead the country.  Why repost this?

Kudos though for this thought-provoking thread,  I like the critical, philosophical thinking aspect.  I'm enjoying it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/01/us/p … igion.html

He also shared the opinion piece "The Crucifixion of Donald Trump".

The context  was a message a user posted to him on truth ... It was another sharing  their words. their view --  "Ironically, Christ walked through His greatest persecution the very week they are trying to steal YOUR property from you.”   Did anyone see the word YOUR? My gosh, this is so ridiculous, and how could some have missed such a very clear context?

This is over the top. I have not located any quotes where Trump referred to himself as Christ. This is very disturbing to see such rhetoric. Unbelievable.

28. Kathleen Cochran profile image77

"Were you also offended when the left on national media often referred to obama as the Messiah and more?"

Must not have been because I don't even remember that happening.

29. abwilliams profile image68

This is centered around or responses to... messages and support he has received, that's a far cry from him referring to himself as Jesus!
    And we wonder how these things get so blown out of proportion!

When Barbara Walters said that her and all of media thought Obama was the Messiah, we understood that for what it was.

30. abwilliams profile image68
    abwilliamsposted 5 weeks ago

Same facts which existed when we first had this same conversation, many years ago.
    There is nothing about a separation between church and state in the U.S. Constitution.  The 1st Amendment, in our Bill of Rights, does protect us from an established religion (such as was the case with the church of England) and insures that we are free to worship as we so choose.
    I suspect that this is where the confusion stems from.

"I suspect that this is where the confusion stems from."

True, it is.

You don't  want an "established religion" and want to ensure that we are free to worship or not worship as we choose.

So, where are we in disagreement?

31. abwilliams profile image68
    abwilliamsposted 5 weeks ago

IslandBites profile image89IslandBitesposted 3 hours ago
    WILLOWARBOR WROTE:
    "Worse yet, a Bible with an American flag ,  the declaration of Independence and the Constitution all melded into one... Completely erasing separation of church and state!  Trump really hit a home run on this one.  Pure sacrilege. Taking advantage of people's faith for money.

Signing bibles as if was his book. Yikes"

This is what I was responding to. Trump can do this. There is no imaginary wall stopping him,  he can thump it and whistle Dixie, if he so chooses. These ladies don't have to buy it!
    Likewise, Biden can attend mass daily and tell us all about the great Catholic he is and I don't have to buy it!
    It's okay, it's allowed.

You are right. He definitely can take advantage of people's faith for money. It's allowed.

Alrighty then. Later.

Do you find it problematic that a candidate for president is selling a bible?

1. Ken Burgess profile image77
            Ken Burgessposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

WILLOWARBOR WROTE:
            "Worse yet, a Bible with an American flag ,  the declaration of Independence and the Constitution all melded into one... Completely erasing separation of church and state!

-------

The phrase “separation of church and state” comes from a letter that Thomas Jefferson wrote to the Danbury Baptists Association of Connecticut in 1802.

Jefferson used the metaphor of “a wall of separation between church and state” to explain the principle of religious freedom in the United States.

The concept of separation of church and state was influenced by Enlightenment philosophers such as John Lock, but neither the intent nor the foundation of the country was meant to separate the belief, the Christian faith, from the State in the way that is intended and used today.

America was Founded on Christian Principles

America as a Republic, as a Democracy, will perish as its adherence to the moral and ethical guidance of Christian faith wanes.

The goal of 'Progressivism' and 'Social Justice' is the same goals that the Red Revolutionaries had in China, to destabilize and deconstruct, to destroy Christian faith and replace it with the Party and the State, which becomes the new faith.

This can be seen plainly in how the Democratic Party operates today, there are those who are loyal to the Party and adhere to it regardless, and those who do not are outcast, labeled, denigrated and if possible, destroyed. 

When the Democratic Party (aka the Establishment) becomes powerful enough to destroy Elon Musk (it is moving to do so now) and sideline its opposition thru the mechanisms of the State (as it is doing to Trump now) that will be proof that the Republic is dead, the Constitution is meaningless, and we are set to embark on a revolutionary reset of America.

I'm pretty sure this will be the reality soon, prior to 2030.

The real separation of State from Christianity began in earnest in the 1960s. Though the complete conversion of higher education wasn't completed until the mid 90s... which given the necessity of time, for those indoctrinated individuals to work their ways into all the highest places in corporate and federal government... which is why we had not hit this juncture in America until now.

Getting back to what the Nation was founded on...

The Declaration has many references to God throughout the document. The most famous one is that men are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights.

“We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness”

The Declaration, the Constitution must be made meaningless, in order for our nation to become subservient to a greater power, such as the World Health Organization (this will be done by the Biden Administration this coming May... bypassing Congress... shifting us away from a Republic to a Totalitarian Corporatocracy).

Where was I... oh yeah... Christianity...  The Declaration of Independence clearly reveals the fact that America was founded upon Christian principles.

Getting back to Thomas Jefferson, he referred to the Declaration as a “reflection of the American mind.”

The Founding Fathers acknowledged God as the source of our rights.

“When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.”

The “Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God” had been defined as the laws that God, the Creator of the universe, established for the governance of people, nations, and nature.

But I must concede... you can't have a proper Socialist or Communist nation, when the people believe in a higher authority and have faith.  That is why faiths are persecuted in Communist nations.

Communism as interpreted by Lenin in Russia (and his successors) included the abolition of religion, to this effect the Soviet government launched an unofficial campaign to eliminate religion from society.

The same has gone on in China, in fact, the CCP intensified persecution of churches and Christians across China leading up to the 20th Party Congress in 2022... cracking down on them harshly even now.

'Christian nationalism' threatens democracy, some experts say
            https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/christi … d=91866475

The Growing Anti-Democratic Threat of Christian Nationalism in the U.S.
            https://time.com/6052051/anti-democrati … tionalism/

I would say, DEI, Transgender Rights, 72 sexes, Equity is all leading up to the same type of Party politics and Christian prosecution as we saw in Communist Russia and see today in Communist China.

An extensive and informative response Ken.
              Sadly, I see it too.

I'll admit, I don't have the patience  when I am asked to expound on a comment and then, it is, generally,  met with a snarky response or insult. And so I walk away when I should see it through. You saw this one through  --- for what it's worth

You should have seen it through rather than assume the worse without any basis.

Thanks for proving my point.

Ken, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this. I share your concern about the apparent trend of this administration to undermine Christian beliefs right from the start, without attempting to conceal their intentions. There's a clear pattern of policies and ideologies being promoted that directly contradict Christian beliefs.  It's so evident Christianity is under attack.

32. Readmikenow profile image95
    Readmikenowposted 5 weeks ago

This has my support.

"Trump vows to create ‘Christian Visibility Day’ following Biden’s declaration of ‘Trans Visibility Day’

Former President Donald Trump vowed to create a “Christian Visibility Day” following President Biden’s declaration of “Transgender Day of Visibility,” which happened to land on Easter Sunday this year.

“And what the hell was Biden thinking when he declared Easter Sunday to be Trans Visibility Day?” Trump asked his supporters during a campaign rally in Green Bay, Wisconsin, on Tuesday. “Such total disrespect to Christians.”

The presumptive Republican nominee for president promised that Nov. 5 would be “Christian Visibility Day” if he is elected.

“And on Nov. 5, it is going to be called something else. You know, it’s going to be called Christian Visibility Day,” Trump said to thunderous applause. "

https://nypost.com/2024/04/03/us-news/t … ility-day/

Oh yes, Trump a shining example of Christian values on The daily... He's milking this for all its worth!

What about the factions of Christians that feel their views were disrespected and diminished by the outrage of other Christian denominations concerning the outrage over transgender visibility day?

Rachael Ward, for example, a United Church of Christ minister, wrote on her denomination’s website that the convergence of the Trans Day of Visibility and Easter Sunday “is an invitation and reminder that when God came out for humanity in full love, God meant every single one of us.” In its online magazine, the Presbyterian Church USA similarly observed that the dual date allows one to “practice the eye-opening hospitality” of Jesus, adding, “We see Jesus when we embrace our trans siblings.”

A lot of us out here prefer tolerance and acceptance

What was that about pandering? LOL

It's important to acknowledge that Rachael Ward's opinion, as expressed through her writing on the United Church of Christ's website, certainly reflects a positive sentiment towards the convergence of Trans Day of Visibility and Easter Sunday. However, it's also crucial to recognize that not all individuals share the same views on transgender issues as Ms. Ward, especially due to personal religious beliefs.

Many religions have diverse perspectives on gender identity, and some may not support the idea of changing one's gender. It's essential to respect these varying beliefs and engage in constructive dialogue that acknowledges different viewpoints. 

For instance, while Ward's interpretation aligns with her values, within her denomination, other religious perspectives may vary. Some communities may have theological objections or doctrinal interpretations that differ from this sentiment regarding Transgender issues. 

In my view, discussions surrounding transgender issues often intersect with deeply held religious beliefs, and it's essential to approach these conversations with empathy, understanding, and respect for all views.

In response to your statement, it appears that you may be conflating two distinct issues. When you mention "A lot of us out here prefer tolerance and acceptance," it seems as though you are implying that if someone cannot endorse a specific viewpoint, it automatically renders them devoid of empathy or acceptance. Such a stance could be viewed as hypocritical.

Diverse views on transgender issues stemming from religious beliefs do not inherently signify a lack of tolerance or acceptance towards transgender individuals and their experiences with gender dysphoria, in my view.

While religious teachings may shape one's views on gender identity, it is possible to hold differing beliefs while still demonstrating empathy and respect towards transgender individuals.

Tolerance extends beyond mere agreement with someone's beliefs or choices; it encompasses recognizing the inherent dignity and rights of all individuals, regardless of their identities. Thus, individuals can maintain their religious convictions while advocating for fair treatment and support for transgender individuals, including access to healthcare, legal protections, and freedom from discrimination.

Engaging in constructive dialogue and fostering understanding can facilitate the coexistence of diverse viewpoints while promoting empathy and compassion for those affected by transgender dysphoria. Ultimately, tolerance and acceptance are rooted in a commitment to RESPECTING  human dignity and upholding the rights of all individuals.

3. abwilliams profile image68

Deleted

The best thing we can do is follow Jesus' example...

Jesus taught us not to judge others
          Jesus clearly tells us not to judge others. (Matthew 7:1-2) We can't expect non-Christians to behave like Christians. Instead, we should focus on being a light to them, and loving them.

Over and over again, the Bible tells us the importance of loving others. is hard to love others, and show the gospel to them, when we are angry at them, or hating on them.

Anger and hate are not the way of Jesus.

Jesus showed mercy to people caught in sin.
          One day Jesus was teaching crowds of people in the temple, and religious leaders brought a woman caught in the act of adultery to him, and set her in front of the crowd accusing her.. asking Jesus what should be done with her.

Jesus does the weirdest thing, something that still leaves Bible experts confounded. He doesn't respond at first... he literally stoops down and starts writing in the dust on the floor.

They kept demanding an answer, and Jesus finally stood up and said, "All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone."   

So Jesus doesn't condone the sin, but He also doesn't condemn the sinner. He is the only One who can rightly condemn, and yet he offers overwhelming, astonishing grace to all of us.

While many Christians are out condemning, Jesus did the opposite, He gave His very life to bear sinners' sin and condemnation on the cross - for all who would trust in Him. 

Only God can see the whole picture and truly know the heart, motive, and intent of a person.

“You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one. Yet even if I do judge, my judgment is true, for it is not I alone who judge, but I and the Father who sent me” (John 8:15-16).

I leave it in their hands.

Even when it comes to Donald Trump.
            Amen and amen.

2. Readmikenow profile image95
            Readmikenowposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

"Jesus taught us not to judge others"

Then, stop judging.

Revelation 22:15

33. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 5 weeks ago

I really could'nt care less about organized religion, totally ripe with hypocrisy and double standards. Who can care? Leave it to man to take the beauty of the scriptures and soil them beyond recognition.

This entire thing has been manufactured. I don't care what the Founding Fathers based anything upon as they put platitudes and self interest over principles.

1. Ken Burgess profile image77
      Ken Burgessposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Hmmmm... I know an entire cabal of politicians running things in DC today that would fit that... never seen anything like what the Biden Administration has done.

With the noted exception of Trump, of course.

He doesn't see any of Trump's faults, who are you kidding.

Now this is funny because in the past I have had disagreements with Ken (and Dan) about Trump.
            Every sentence (even compliments) seem to always begin with, yes Trump is this or Trump is that.....But.....(as if it is a prerequisite)

But, then there's Joe Biden, do ya'll not mention his faults because we'd be here all day? wink

Difference is, we mention some of Biden's faults all the time.  It's the MAGA crowd that cannot criticize Trump for fear of being evicted from the cult.  And there are plenty of topics for discussion in that area, but instead of admitting to it, they deny reality.

Such as?
                This forum discussion is about Joe Biden after all, believe it or not!

And this one is about a big nothingburger that simply exposes the right for their faux outrage.  If you need examples of the various left-leaning users criticizing Biden, go read through any of the threads, you'll find many.

I rest my case. Later.

34. Miebakagh57 profile image67
    Miebakagh57posted 5 weeks ago

What biden, has done, is an act of old man's foolishness.                                      Biden is a strong Romam Catholic. Perhaps Easter don't mean a thing again to him? which is equally foolishness.                                      Seriously, look at it at every corner of the meridian compass, and you can't see an ion of wisdom in it.

Or maybe Biden can respect two things at once, unlike those that are pushing this non-issue.

You know little of the concept of American democracy. Biden is not a Catholic President but the President of the United States who happens to be a Catholic. Such a declaration was made by JFK in his 1960 campaign.

You appear to need a brisk refresher in American civics and History.....

35. Miebakagh57 profile image67

What biden has done is an act of old man's foolishness.

Yes, and he is FULL of it!

36. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 5 weeks ago

Willowarbor: Oh, amen.

37. Sharlee01 profile image84
    Sharlee01posted 5 weeks ago

Do you know what strikes me as ironic? As I revisited this thread, I couldn't help but notice something profound. While there's been ample discussion about discrimination and fairness, particularly in relation to transgender issues, what's missing is an acknowledgment of the perspective held by some Christians. There seems to be a lack of empathy towards their beliefs, with little consideration given to their concerns about discrimination or their notion of fairness. It's as if the sentiments expressed earlier about understanding and compassion have been reversed entirely.

May I venture to label certain perspectives as hypocritical? I observe this brand of hypocrisy being rather normalized in certain segments of our society. However, within this thread, in my view, it's exemplified at its finest. The evasion of the topic and the various diversions paint a vivid picture of this particular form of hypocrisy.

Certain groups of Christians were not treated in a discriminatory manner whatsoever by Biden statement.  The offended group was not acted upon in any manner that was prejudicial or unjust.  Just as Muslims, Hindus, Jews or  Buddhists were not discriminated against when Biden released an Easter message. Using the logic that you've presented, have we shown no empathy toward them?  Or does the group that was so deeply offended only care about their beliefs  being considered? 

A statement of support toward one does not mean discrimination toward another.  I can't imagine a world so intolerant that we can't even hear messages that don't align with our thoughts or beliefs without being so offended.

We have many religions in our country, many different factions of Christianity who all hold different views on many issues.  I don't expect my groups values or positions to be given any more weight than anyone else's and when they aren't I don't feel offended or discriminated against. 

Let's say that Biden chose  not to recognize the transgender visibility day. Should I have felt slighted or disrespected as the Christianity that I follow is accepting of these folks and a lack of a simple message could be viewed as a snub?  I mean where does the ultrasensitivity to everything that is said end and we live and let live?  Honestly, it wouldn't have mattered to me whatsoever if he didn't say anything at all about Easter or anything else... Wouldn't have changed my faith or affected it in any manner. My faith isn't shakeable.   You know I think that faith is just that strong and I personally don't need anyone to validate mine. 

I fail to understand the outrage.  Where is the hypocrisy?  If one reflects on the core tenents of Christianity, the teachings of Jesus, especially in terms of how to treat one another. The examples throughout the Bible of how he treated people. Would he want or expect for some of us to be offended at the offering of Mercy to someone else? For me, I say I don't think so.

"Just as Muslims, Hindus, Jews or  Buddhists were not discriminated against when Biden released an Easter message."

This is not their holiest day of the year.  It has nothing to do with their beliefs.

"Let's say that Biden chose  not to recognize the transgender visibility day."

He should have handled it like obama did during his presidency.

"Would he want or expect for some of us to be offended at the offering of Mercy to someone else?"

This had nothing to do with mercy.  It deals with putting a day to recognize individuals with mental health issues on the same level as the holiest day of year for a major religion consisting of tens of millions of people around the world.  A holy day that has been celebrated for thousands of years compared to a day that has been around for 15 years.

Yes, it is insulting.

"We have many religions in our country, many different factions of Christianity who all hold different views on many issues."

So? The millions of people around the world who were offended should not have their feeling ignored.  If biden were a president worth anything, and he is not, he would apologize to those who were offended and tell them it was not his intention.  He handled it like a child who got got doing something wrong and said, "I didn't do that."  His response demonstrated how bad of a leader he is and only made things worse.

Christian persecution is a real and present danger.

Are you sure millions of people were offended?

"It deals with putting a day to recognize individuals with mental health issues on the same level as the holiest day of year for a major religion consisting of tens of millions of people around the world."

Gosh, seems like something Jesus could actually get behind.  You know, recognizing the marginalized? It was kind of his thing.  He spent most of his time with the outcasts of the day. 

Does Jesus accept transgenders?

"Does Jesus accept transgenders?"

I don't know.  They weren't created by God but manufactured by man.  It is a good debate.

wildernessposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

That would be a good question.  Considering that man was made in God's image, isn't it a slap in the face (to God) to change the appearance of someone?  Doesn't that same thing apply to all appearance change beyond the very minor (wearing nice clothes, cutting hair, etc.)?

Would it include tattoos?  Breast enlargement? "Repair" of a cleft palate?  Electrolysis for permanent hair removal?

Enough with the what-ifs, I do not want confused biological males competing against my, hypothetical, daughters and granddaughters, I don't want them using the bathroom stall next to them, I don't want them in their locker rooms/changing areas......not because I am a "bigot" but because they are still biological males. I don't  care if they identify as a turnip!?!?
                God blessed me with a mind of my own and with common sense!
                Not "bigotry"--- biology!!!
                Any which way it is spinned...or however many times God is mocked, that fact remains!
                The science remains.
                I suggest hairy-chested, with still-attached penises, men of the male variety in transition or whatever....stay the hell away from my, again, hypothetical, daughters and granddaughters, in all areas aforementioned.
                I am repeating myself at this point, but, my God, is there anything that is sacred any longer?
                I will say it, this world has gone mad!!!

"Would it include tattoos?  Breast enlargement? "Repair" of a cleft palate?  Electrolysis for permanent hair removal?"

I don't think so.  With those things you mentioned, people are in touch with the reality of what they are doing.  A person with breast implants is honest enough to know they have had their breasts altered, etc.  They are exhibiting free will.

With a transgender person, they seek to alter reality.  They actually believe having been born with XY chromosomes and living life as a male, a man can surgically and/or medically alter reality.  They think they've become the opposite sex.  They expect others to also change their perception of reality to accommodate their fantasy.  They do have mental health issues.

It's a pity.

"With a transgender person, they seek to alter reality."

Actually, I very highly doubt that.  No man thinks removing their genitals will make it possible to birth a child.  But they do think (mostly correctly) that having the surgery and taking the hormones will make it easier to pretend to be the sex they wish.

I have to disagree.  There are now laws in Europe that you can be arrested and go to jail if you "misgender" someone.  That is to not call them their actual gender and instead call them their imaginary gender.

There are companies and governmental institutions where you can lose your job is you "misgender" someone.  People get confused if you ask them the simple question of "What is a Woman?"  We had a Supreme Court Justice who couldn't answer that question during her conformation hearing.  Yes, many powerful people embolden the illusion that a person can change their gender.

It's a good thing JK Rowling is a very wealthy and well-known individual or she would be in jail right now.

.K. Rowling will not be arrested for comments about transgender women, police say
                    The "Harry Potter" author slammed a newly enacted hate-crime law in Scotland in a series of posts on X in which she referred to transgender women as men.

J.K. Rowling shared a social media thread on Monday, the day a new Scottish hate-crime law took effect, that misgendered several transgender women and appeared to imply trans women have a penchant for sexual predation. On Tuesday, Scottish police announced they would not be investigating the “Harry Potter” author’s remarks as a crime, as some of Rowling’s critics had called for.

“We have received complaints in relation to the social media post,” a spokesperson for Police Scotland said in a statement. “The comments are not assessed to be criminal and no further action will be taken.”

Scotland’s new Hate Crime and Public Order Act criminalizes “stirring up hatred” against people based on their race, religion, disability, sexuality or gender identity.

“In passing the Scottish Hate Crime Act, Scottish lawmakers seem to have placed higher value on the feelings of men performing their idea of femaleness, however misogynistically or opportunistically, than on the rights and freedoms of actual women and girls,” Rowling wrote, in part. “The new legislation is wide open to abuse by activists who wish to silence those of us speaking out about the dangers of eliminating women’s and girls’ single-sex spaces, the nonsense made of crime data if violent and sexual assaults committed by men are recorded as female crimes, the grotesque unfairness of allowing males to compete in female sports, the injustice of women’s jobs, honours and opportunities being taken by trans-identified men, and the reality and immutability of biological sex.”

Rowling also appeared to test the new measure by sharing images of 10 transgender women — pairing a convicted rapist and sexual offender alongside an activist and a broadcaster — and referring to them all as men.

“I’m currently out of the country, but if what I’ve written here qualifies as an offense under the terms of the new act, I look forward to being arrested when I return to the birthplace of the Scottish Enlightenment,” she wrote.

Rowling doubled down on her criticisms of the law on Tuesday and celebrated the announcement by police that she would not be prosecuted.

“I hope every woman in Scotland who wishes to speak up for the reality and importance of biological sex will be reassured by this announcement, and I trust that all women — irrespective of profile or financial means — will be treated equally under the law,” she wrote on X.

Rowling has faced criticism for years for her comments about transgender people, including questioning whether more young people have come out as transgender in recent years as the result of a “contagion” fueled by social media. She has also contended that trans girls and women pose a sexual violence threat to cisgender women in restrooms, changing rooms and prisons, and reiterated those claims on Monday.

“It is impossible to accurately describe or tackle the reality of violence and sexual violence committed against women and girls, or address the current assault on women’s and girls’ rights, unless we are allowed to call a man a man,” Rowling wrote Monday. “Freedom of speech and belief are at an end in Scotland if the accurate description of biological sex is deemed criminal.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-new … rcna146065

"Certain groups of Christians were not treated in a discriminatory manner whatsoever by Biden statement.  The offended group was not acted upon in any manner that was prejudicial or unjust.  Just as Muslims, Hindus, Jews or  Buddhists were not discriminated against when Biden released an Easter message. Using the logic that you've presented, have we shown no empathy toward them?  Or does the group that was so deeply offended only care about their beliefs being considered? "

The offense taken by certain groups of Christians to President Biden's gender proclamation statement stems from a perception of their beliefs being undermined or disregarded. For many Christians, particularly those with more conservative theological interpretations, concepts of gender and sexuality are deeply intertwined with their religious beliefs, often grounded in traditional interpretations of scripture. Thus, when a statement is made that appears to challenge or redefine these concepts, it can be seen as a direct affront to their religious convictions. On the other hand, religions such as Judaism, Islam, and Hinduism do not center their beliefs on the figure of Christ in the same way Christianity does. Therefore, proclamations made by a political figure like Biden regarding gender may not carry the same weight or significance for adherents of these faiths.

In my view, if Biden had made his proclamation on or about "Day of Arafah" the holiest day of the Islamic year.  Muslims would feel offended, to put it mildly, to share their most holy day  ---  "These fatwas are translated as follows: A sex change operation [in a non-DSD individual] is totally prohibited and considered to be criminal in accordance with the Holy Quran and the Prophet's sayings."   https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl … 20sayings.

Additionally, these religions often have diverse beliefs and practices regarding gender and sexuality, which may not align with the specific concerns raised by certain Christian groups. Thus, while Christians may feel their beliefs are being disregarded or marginalized, followers of other faiths may not interpret the statement in the same light due to differences in theological focus and interpretation.

Your comment seems to use a lot of "I's." I would suggest considering the perspective of "we" to approach this issue differently. Certainly, both of us are entitled to our own viewpoints, as we have differing ideologies and mindsets. I can acknowledge that your views are your own and simply respect your right to think differently from me. It seems, however, that you may not be extending the same courtesy to me. "We' are beating a dead horse.   It seems clear that we hold differing perspectives at this juncture. Much of what you've expressed doesn't resonate with me, just as it appears my viewpoint may not resonate with you. Our understandings of this issue diverge significantly.

I'm not sure how strong one's belief may be if it can be so easily "undermined" by another's statement.  We're literally talking about speech here.

Do you feel Jesus would endorse the outrage? Would he feel it's justified?  Based upon his life, his teachings his actions?   Do we believe that he would have preferred Biden not mention transgender people on Easter... Let's try to remember the various people who Jesus hung out with.   I sort of feel like he would view the outrage as a little self righteous.

Easter is the story of someone who refused to reduce people to a binary system. A person who lived his life so audaciously that he fed, clothed, held, and made visible people who had been told they were unworthy of love, burdened with sin, or living outside of society’s rules.

It’s the story of how this person empowered people on the margins of society to recognize the importance of being seen and the solidarity that is felt in creating a world where everyone can live into the fullness of their authentic selves. Based on the life he lived, I find it so hard to conceive he would be "insulted" by the message

To me, that sounds a lot like Transgender Day of Visibility. 

Sometimes Christians tell me that God created a man and a woman and that is their basis for being offended at lgbtq folks but they ignore what Christ did during his life, his actions and teachings. 

In my Christian world, Jesus would have had no problem with Biden's message.

But let's bring it back to WWJD?

You've articulated your thoughts on this matter well. It's clear that you don't see a conflict between the significance of Transgender Day and the Christian holiday of Easter.

However, there's a nuanced perspective to consider. Easter has been revered as the holiest day for Christians for centuries, predating the need for societal recognition of Gender dysphoria. While some argue that Christians should accommodate other celebrations, it's essential to acknowledge the reciprocal nature of respect. Just as Christians are expected to show empathy, they deserve respect for their beliefs and traditions. 

It's not about judging ideologies but about mutual respect. Just as Christians respect others' beliefs that may clash with their own, they expect the same in return. Neither group should be prioritized over the other, and finding a compromise, such as adjusting celebration dates, demonstrates a willingness to respect each other's rights. Just pointing a finger at one group and demonizing them is no solution.

Today, there's a tendency to highlight discrimination without considering the perspectives of all involved parties, leading to further division and bitterness. It's crucial to foster understanding and cooperation rather than perpetuate conflict. 

This matter extends beyond mere calendar clashes; it delves into the realm of religious convictions. From my perspective, while acknowledging the potential transition of a psychological disorder into a physical one, it doesn't equate to the gravity of disrespecting someone's religious faith. I firmly believe in my rights too.  I don't appreciate being decremented against either. Blunt, but it sums up my thoughts.

And yet Christianity is well known for not just ignoring another religious belief centered around a date, but for actually creating a new celebratory date in an attempt to wipe out the original and gain converts to Christianity.  This is not "respect" - Christianity, at best, shows some tolerance for other's important dates.  Very seldom does the religion (as opposed to some adherents) show respect.

Christmas, Easter, All Hallows Eve (halloween) - all were Christian holidays intentionally targeting the time of other religious holy days.  It was a well understood, and effective, ploy to gain converts.

This concerns my individual beliefs, separate from the broader spectrum of Christianity, and I can't speak for or address the problematic aspects within the religion as a whole. 

I understand where you're coming from, and I agree that there are valid points in your perspective. The crux of my argument lies in the fact that, as an individual, participating in Easter celebrations with a group whose beliefs contradict my own goes against my religious teachings. It's about fairness and mutual respect—I believe my convictions deserve as much consideration as anyone else's within that group. Feeling personally discriminated against in this situation is disheartening.

The question arises: should my beliefs be set aside to accommodate theirs, or vice versa? It's a complex dilemma. I firmly believe that discrimination, regardless of whom it affects, is unjust. I refuse to compromise my religious principles for the sake of conformity. Discrimination knows no boundaries—it affects us all.

In today's society, we're constantly urged to embrace tolerance and acceptance of diverse viewpoints and lifestyles. While I strive to be tolerant and keep my judgments to myself, there comes a point where I must assert my values, ideologies, and religious convictions. I won't conform to ideologies that contradict my core beliefs. I believe in live and let live, but I also expect reciprocity.

I share your concern about the direction our country is taking. When necessary, I won't hesitate to stand my ground and voice my dissent. It's crucial to uphold our principles, even in the face of societal pressure to do otherwise.

"Christianity is well known for not just ignoring another religious belief centered around a date, but for actually creating a new celebratory date in an attempt to wipe out the original and gain converts to Christianity"

I believe you are referring to having Christmas on December 25 to coincide with Pagan celebrations in Rome.  You have to understand this was done by a Roman leader and there is nothing in the Bible that says to do it.  So, remember Christianity is not the problem, humans are the problem.  God gave man free will and things like this will happen.

I agree completely with you.                                             Even the date December 25, as Christmas is still debated.                                             But the Eastern Christians had a different date other than  December.                                      Critically, the oriental and east cnuntries celebration differ significatly from September to March each year.                               Yes, these are all the handiworks of humanity, from Popes to Presidents.                                     Seriously, the  Lords Supper, is what walkers of the Holy Bible, should handle with love and care, any time of the day.

There is nothing in the bible about any of the Christian celebrations. 

Of course humans are the problem; without input from people there would be no religion at all, let alone Christianity.

Yes, you are right. 

This is the reason for so many different denominations and church practices.  Certain things are agreed on by all people who profess Christianity.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV)
                    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

Everything isn't spelled out for us, that much is true and I agree, humans can royally screw things up!!
                    But, with the many witnesses, the preserved writings, and with my life experiences, I believe, with all of my heart, that Jesus is Christ.

Authorship of "Hebrews" is unknown; what is known is that it was written before the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70. The author may be Barnabas, but, on this particular book, the scholars aren't  certain.
                    Chapter 11, "By Faith", is a must-read. Very enlightening.

38. Miebakagh57 profile image67

'compared to a day that has been around for 15 years'.                                            Those 15 years has not make a day yet. Not untill the Umited Nations recognized it as such.                                                  Biden's move was not just 'chidish'. It was an act of old man's foolishness.

39. Kathleen Cochran profile image77

"Christian persecution is a real and present danger."

You are not being persecuted. You are being disagreed with.

People would be happy to empathize with the complaints here if they weren't wrapped in unwarranted blame towards President Biden.

40. Kathleen Cochran profile image77

It is not my job to judge Trump. But after the courts have indicted him 91 times it is my job to make a judgement about whether or not to vote for him. And everyone else's job too.

41. Miebakagh57 profile image67

Jesus? OMG! The Resurrection Day matter above all transgender.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)