jump to last post 51-100 of 106 discussions (435 posts)

Shirley Sherrod Treated Shoddily

1. Mighty Mom profile image85
    Mighty Momposted 7 years ago

"The first thing in recovery is admitting you have a problem."

Correct! So you do acknowledge that recovery from racism is possible?
    Shirley Sherrod admitted she had a problem.
    She discussed her moment of clarity when she realized it.
    And she has lived ever since in recovery.

1. Jim Hunter profile image58
      Jim Hunterposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Uh huh

2. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Don't go getting all logical on him, MM!  It simply confuses him more than he is already.

2. Mighty Mom profile image85

Why thank you, Jim!

I'm working on a punchline to "What's black and white and red all over..." Something that ties Breitbart, Sherrod and McCarthy together.
    Anyone...?

1. Jim Hunter profile image58
      Jim Hunterposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That alone is pretty funny.

Sometimes the punchline can be found in the delivery.

3. Mighty Mom profile image85

I'll leave this banter in all y'alls capable hands.
    Gotta go expand my mind with my favorite non-fiction show.
    JEOPARDY!

4. AnnCee profile image69
    AnnCeeposted 7 years ago

Beck did not run the Sherrod video, he checked it out and then he defended her.

The Obama administration and his lap dog media fear Glenn Beck because he tells the truth.  They are doing to Beck what they do to Sarah Palin because they are lily livered cowards and liars.

1. Randy Godwin profile image94

I though only the words of Jesus were printed in red!  How sacrilegious of you!  And the blue writing?  Well, Papa Smurf will want to speak to you about that!

What?  You think posting garbage in different colors will make it smell better?

1. AnnCee profile image69
        AnnCeeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The truth in any color is the truth.   Why are you anti-color?

What does using colors have to do with truth?  And by the  "Journalists" do you mean the Fox News journalists also?  Surely not!   Sacrilige!

2. Elpaso profile image56
          Elpasoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Now that I think about it; has there ever been a negative story about any Republican or Right Wing Politician or media person on Fox News?

5. Mighty Mom profile image85

Beck didn't need to run the Sherrod video. By the time his show was even on the feeding frenzy has left the waters bloody. He did the smart thing and stood back. He's no dummy. No sir.

As to Obama and his "lap dog media." Who are his lap dog media?
    Glenn Beck tells the truth? Whose truth would that be?
    What are they doing to Glenn Beck?
    What do they do to Sarah Palin?
    Lily livered cowards and liars? Please back up this claim.

Who are Obama's lap dog media?  Well the "journolists" to begin with.  You're kidding right?

6. Mighty Mom profile image85

Papa Smurf -- that's a good one!
    I, too, am unclear of the meaning behind the blue paragraph and the red paragraph.
    If we use standard blue (state) red (state) criteria, the first paragraph should really be more democratic.
    The red paragraph, however, is typical.

Well, the Sarah Palin reference tells you all you need to know.  Anyone who seriously thinks she is capable of being a political leader should use invisible ink!

7. Mighty Mom profile image85

Are "journOlists" different from "journAlists"?

8. Mighty Mom profile image85

I for one am NOT kidding.
    I am trying to get more clarification from you on your claims.
    You have packed quite a few criticisms into one post and it would be helpful to me (as well as other posters here) for you to be more specific about what you mean.

Me too, MM! I am jokingly serious, if there is such a term!  Since she used the colored statements I supposed she had some reason for doing so.  I certainly hope she didn't think by using colored words it would make her opinions any more valid.  Even colors have their limitations.

But yes, let's hear her defend her statements!  In whichever color she chooses, of course!

9. Mighty Mom profile image85

It appears we have frightened Miss Muffet away!

Should we argue amongst ourselves?

They seldom explain their blurts!  They just regurgitate what they hear on Fox!  Ask them questions and they disappear.  Typical Foxhead!

10. Mighty Mom profile image85

I bet I know what happened. Isn't it time for Glenn Beck's Howdy Doodie hour?

11. Mighty Mom profile image85

You know how us journOlists are, we try to research things and get facts.
    I saw that AnnCee (could it be C for Coulter? Nah...)
    had one hub and one follower. Naturally that intrigued me, so I went over and read the hub.

If you read it and it makes any sense to you, will you let me know,Randy? Thx

About what i expected, MM!  What is is with these anti-Obama ranters with only one crappy hub and thousands of words on the political forums? 

Instead of writing at least a few literate hubs so others can gain a bit of insight into their abilities and sensibilities, they throw up some junk and feel justified in feeling others should respect their often far-fetched baseless opinions.

I don't know about others here, but having the ability to put words into an article which makes sense goes a long way to earning some respect from me for their opinions.  Whether I agree with them or not.  Just my take on this common phenomenon!

1. Sab Oh profile image53
        Sab Ohposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Trying to run down someone's hubs or arbitrarily demand some minimum number of them ONLY in order to try and discredit opinions you don't like in the forums is petty, ridiculous, and illogical.

Of course you would say that, Sab!  Too bad you saying it means so little!  Point out where I demanded anything, Sab!  Or are you using your typical make up $#!T M.O. which never works anyway!  If the shoe fits.....

Why "of course" I "would say that"?

And did you not just cast aspersions on someone (in fact anyone) whose political views you disagree with over the number and (in your opinion) quality of their hubs?

"If the shoe fits....."

What "shoe" are you talking about? I suppose this is part of yet another insult?

Cast aspersions?  That is your opinion, of course!  I do indeed tend to form opinions by a writer's words.  If there are a number of articles about different subjects it makes it easier to discover more about the person doing the writing. 

From the mentioned hubber, one only learns she doesn't care much for our president and from her posts even more about how she dislikes him.  Nothing else to judge her ability to make an informed statement about anything at all.

Although the number and quality of hubs are not in themselves proof of a hubber's abilities, the lack of either number or quality does help indicate the main reason for one's presence here.  If you ever publish an article of any merit you will understand what I mean.  LOL!

12. JON EWALL profile image74
    JON EWALLposted 7 years ago

HUBBERS
    This morning Ms. Sherrod received an apology from President Barak Obama, made appearances on all the mainstream TV programs clarifying the story of what occurred. For all the hoopla about Fox and how Fox released the story , Ms Sherrod couldn’t find time after 4 calls to accept an invitation to appear on Fox on the Glen Beck show . Fox News viewers are hopeful to see Ms Sherrod appear on any of the Fox programs to help clear up the controversy and set the record straight.

The NAACP exposed Ms. Sherrod’s racism in a speech that she gave to the NAACP some 4 months ago. .The travesty is that the released tape was not shown in its entirety that would of explained the whole story. Again the half truth was shown to characterize Ms Sherrod as a racist for her action which Ms Sherrod admitted too .She was character assassinated by our government without even a review to determine her true feelings and actions to correct her mistake. Social justice was served instead of equal justice for all as our constitution establishes one’s rights.

Why would anyone with any sense of self respect even get close to Fox News?

1. JON EWALL profile image74
        JON EWALLposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Randy Godwinposted

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT CANDIDATE HILLARY CLINTON, BARAK OBAMA OR SOME OTHER DEMOCRAT IN THE HIGHER OFFICE.

Fox News   '' we report , you decide ''. FAIR and BALANCED when members of both parties are present to answer the answer.
        Why is Fox News number 1, maybe because they tell the whole truth when reporting the news. What angers the president is when Fox News shows clips of what he says. Those clips show the public the real Obama in action, he can't handle the truth. The nice thing about TV is that you can turn it off when you want. Fox news don’t ever miss an Obama speech whether on the road or in the rose garden. When he ‘s done delivering propaganda or another staged event, fox is there to show the president leaving without taking questions from the news media.

The Fair and Balanced motto always makes me laugh!  As if they are the judge of their programming! LOL!  The reason it is #1 is that it is the only network most cons will watch.  The other networks split the libs watchers among them, thus the numbers are spread around. 

Foxheads refuse to watch other networks, in my experience.  Especially the religious right which Fox caters to, along with racists and rednecks.  They pretend at credibility and fortunately for them, the watchers seldom check out their reliability as far as news reporting is concerned.

Remember when the former Bush White House press spokesman resigned and told of Fox getting their talking points directly from the Bush admin each morning.  Not that we didn't know that already.  Their viewers suffer a form of brainwashing it seems, when it comes to getting the full truth of any story from other networks.

1. TamCor profile image81
            TamCorposted 7 years agoin reply to this

So now you're lumping everyone who doesn't agree with your politics into the categories of "cons, racists and rednecks", and oh, yeah--the religious right?

Sorry, but I don't have a record, I'm not a racist, nor of the religious right, AND I'm not a redneck(NOT that there's anything wrong with rednecks--THEY are some of the most honest people I know)...

Unbelievable... big_smile

It seems the more popular Fox gets, the more attacks there are on them....  lol

The left needs a boogey-man, and a news media outlet that threatens the liberal near-monopoloy over news and entertainment suits their needs just fine. The more successful this boogey-man becomes in what the liberals have for so long taken for granted as their 'turf' the more hysterical the denunciations will become, until more and more reveal their inner chavez.

I do agree with you, Sab Oh.  You know, I have always tried to stay on the fence--neither Democrat or Republican, and decide the issues on an individual basis.

But lately, I am really getting tired of seeing how condescending and patronizing the left is being towards the right. 

The name-calling is ridiculous--on another thread people who watch Fox News were called ignorant rabble...and then on this one--more choice names.

I take offense to that--my myself and my family, and for all of the others who make their own choices as to what they prefer to watch, as far as political news...

Now I know why I have stayed OUT of political discussions for the better part of my 51 years...

2. Randy Godwin profile image94

Not especially those who disagree with my politics, but those who think Fox News is Fair and Balanced!  And I know the truth in my statement because where I live the Fox watchers are made up of the types of individuals I named in the former post. 

Perhaps there are intelligent, atheistic, well spoken, well informed, Foxheads where you live, but around here they are extremely rare!

2. JON EWALL profile image74

Randy Godwin

A good laugh is good for the soul when after viewing the major mainstream  news  media. Somehow  Fox News rules, wonder why?
            ‘’ Foxheads refuse to watch other networks, in my experience.’’ Viewing the mainstream media is what drives the educated public to Fox News  for ‘’ fair and balanced ‘’ reporting. If you try hard and long enough you could be converted to the truth setting you free.
            ‘’Fox caters to, along with racists and rednecks‘’. Sounds like far left liberal talk, don’t recall hearing things like that on Fox News.
            ‘’Remember when the former Bush White House press spokesman resigned. The same guy who testified before a congressional committee.'' That story was cleared up pretty fast after it was brought to the attention of Fox commentators .
            ‘’Their viewers suffer a form of brainwashing it seems‘’, when it comes to getting the full truth of any story from other networks
            Here’s a story you will not see or hear on the mainstream news . Staff members of Congress  was rewarded with the government paying off there student loans. The cost to the taxpayers was this time  only $12 million. For all those still paying off their student loans they need to get closer to the politicians in Washington. Let’s not forget that the student loan program was taken over by the government on 3/23/10 when President Barak Obama signed the Healthcare Reform bill. One must wonder what student loans have to do with the Healthcare Reform bill.
            Wake up America ,the government took over 60% of the economy with the signing of the finance reform bill on 7/22/10.

2. Elpaso profile image56

Jon(The Pretzle)Ewall wrote:
      She was character assassinated by our government without even a review to determine her true feelings and actions to correct her mistake."

You're a real acrobat, the way you're able to twist the truth with the greatest of ease!
      A right wing bottom feeder is the one and only person responsible for the character assasination of Mrs. Sherrod.  The Keystone cops in the Obama Administration are responsible for reacting too fast to the intentional manufacturing of a lie to slander Mrs Sherrod!

You are so obvious about it, I'm sure you wont take offense to my observation. Are you the official spokesperson for Fox News here on Hubpages?

1. Ralph Deeds profile image61
        Ralph Deedsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

As if white racist liar Teatard Breitbart had nothing to do with the firing of Ms. Sherrod. As the lawyers would say, he was the "proximate cause."

1. leeberttea profile image52
          leebertteaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Really you're going to try and blame Breitbart for her firing?
          How is he to blame?

What you should be asking is who sent the (edited)video to Breitbart and why?

Remember he got the video in April he didn't release it until after the NAACP issued a statement calling elements of the Tea Party Racist. As if that has any meaning, elements of the entire population is racist, and that was the point Breitbart was trying to make.

Remember NAACP was the owner of that video. They had posession of it the whole time. Perhaps they should have reviewed it before calling for the firing of Ms Sherrod, which by the way was EXACTLY the heated and evil Glenn Beck asked for on his program.

Who sent the edited video to Breitbart, if it's actually the case that he didn't personally edit it? That's an interesting question. Why, is pretty clear--to smear the NAACP which has pointed the finger at the Teatards for not disavowing the racists at it's meetings and sending them on their way. I don't buy Breitbart's effort to disassociate himself from the video smear. He put it up on his website as he did the smear videos of ACORN last year. And Fox picked up Breitbart's smear and ran with it.

There is plenty of blame to go around. The NAACP should have reviewed the entire video before attacking Ms. Sherrod. Vilsak should have gotten Ms. Sherrod's side of the story before firing her.

Really it's pretty clear? There is another possibility, and that is that the left sent it to him in the edited fashion KNOWING that he would post it so they could later demonize him. Breitbart is public enemy number one of this administration and the only reason I would believe that they weren't behind it is because I don't believe they're that clever. Then again Rahm is more then ruthless enough to be involved in such antics.

By the way in the full video there are other comments by Ms Sherrod that reveal her racist attitudes such as referring to "his own kind" etc, which was expressed by Thomas Sowell in an interview this morning.

Thomas Sowell is perhaps the biggest Uncle Tom except for Supreme Court Justice Thomas and the carpet bagger, Ward Connerly.

"Uncle Tom" now that would be a racist term would it?

You see this is why the left lacks credibility. When someonoe doesn't agree with your views you demonize them. I really though you were better than that Ralph and I'm hurt that I was wrong about you.

1. lovemychris profile image64
                    lovemychrisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Uncle Tom is not a racist term. It's like calling someone a traitor.

Thinking you're better than someone because of your skin color is racist.
                    As in "Obama hates white people he is a racist"; Glenn Beck.

Or say, "We already help Haiti...it's called the Federal Income Tax": Rush Limbaugh

"Barack the Magic Negroe"
                    "Take the bone out of your nose and call me later": also Limbaugh.

See the difference?

2. Ralph Deeds profile image61

No, Uncle Tom is not a racist term. It's used by blacks to describe other blacks who are sucking up to the white establishment to the detriment of the interest of blacks in escaping discrimination, inferior schools, job discrimination, unfair treatment in the criminal courts, poverty, etc. As I'm sure you know the term dates back to Harriet Beecher Stowe's 19th century anti-slavery novel "Uncle Tom's Cabin."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncle_Tom%27s_Cabin

Uncle Tom, the title character, was initially seen as a noble, long-suffering Christian slave. In more recent years, however, his name has become an epithet directed towards African-Americans who are accused of selling out to whites (for more on this, see the creation and popularization of stereotypes section). Stowe intended Tom to be a "noble hero"[23]  and praiseworthy person. Throughout the book, far from allowing himself to be exploited, Tom stands up for his beliefs and is grudgingly admired even by his enemies.

2. Sab Oh profile image53

The left seems convinced that racist language is ok when it comes from them because they 'mean well.'

Why do you think "Uncle Tom" is a racist term? Actually it's an anti-racist term used to describe black sell-out artists currying favor with their white masters to their own advantage.

Correction: Her racial attitudes 25 years ago.

No. She made the speech in March. The story about the farmer was twenty six years ago.

2. JON EWALL profile image74

Elpaso

‘’Jon(The Pretzle)Ewall ‘’ what is a pretzle in your  world?
        ‘’Are you the official spokesperson for Fox News here on Hub pages?’’
        Not that I am aware of in the world of hubbers.

On Fox Sunday 7/25/10 , Mr. Chris Wallace  responded to his guest’s , former Governor Howard Dean, accusation that Fox News  was the first news channel to report that Ms Sherrod  was told to resign by the Whitehouse .For the record, Fox News only reported the resignation and the showing of the news clip after Ms Sherrod had already resigned. Howard Dean admitted that he was unaware of the timing sequence but continued to chastise the moderator and Fox News. It was apparent that Governor Dean received false information.
        Mr. Wallace did not speak with Ms Sherrod but was knowledgeable that Ms Sherrod was invited to appear on anyone of Fox News programs. As of Sunday 7/25/10 Ms Sherrod has not responded to the Fox News request.

Fox News viewers would like to see Ms Sherrod appear if for anything but to clear up the true facts of the reporting. The mainstream news programs have attacked Fox News for not investigating the situation before showing the clip. The NAACP released the partial clip even though they had the whole clip. The mainstream media has not commented as to why the NAACP only released a partial clip. Just wondering why ?
        ''we report, you decide '' , maybe Ms Sherrod will reconsider the request from Fox  News and give them equal time.

13. Mighty Mom profile image85

Why in HELL would Ms.Sherrod dignify Fox News with her presence?
    To receive patronizing "apologies" from them? To lay herself bare for Mr. Beck to pillory her some more?

A parallel would be a person who's just been diagnosed with lung cancer being asked by RJ Reynolds to endorse their products (or at minimum, to not sue them).

14. Sab Oh profile image53
    Sab Ohposted 7 years ago

Why is it that liberals become so obsessed with boogey-men?

(voice of Bruce from Family Guy) "Oh no! It's a cable news network! It's very popular but I don't care for the hosts of their opinion programs. That's ok y'all, I've got some cookies and some milk. Who doesn't like cookies and milk? I'm gonna eat these cookies and drink this milk and watch MSNBC instead. Oh hey! It's Kieth Olbermann! He's a little angry for my taste but he validates my opinions so that's ok. I wonder if he'd like to have some cookies and milk with me? That'd be nice."

http://newsimg.ngfiles.com/114000/11458 … Artist.GIF

15. Mighty Mom profile image85

Sab Oh,
    I believe I can speak for both myself and Randy, although I know Randy is perfectly capable of speaking for himself (and has and probably will).

The only reason AnnCee's hub was mentioned at all was because she (assume with a name like Ann she is a she -- but no matter) proffered a rather strong opinion on Obama and his media lap dogs.
    When asked for clarification, she left the forum.
    I was curious to find out more so headed over to her profile (there is nothing there). 
    It is true that s/he has written one hub.
    Which happens to also be about Obama.
    And which makes about as much sense as her forum post.

It is not about agreeing or disagreeing with someone's views. To even have enough information to agree or disagree with someone's "views" said views would need to be articulated in a way that they are understood.
    Unfortunately, this has not been the case with this particular hubber.

16. Mighty Mom profile image85

Oooh, SNAP!!!

17. lovemychris profile image64
    lovemychrisposted 7 years ago

Yeah, Fox is about as fair and balanced a the San Andreas fault line. Ready to CRACK any minute.

They are obvious anti-Obama, just as they were obvious pro-Bush. Plain and simple. They are the media arm of the Republican/now Bagger party.

Anyone who claims other wise is "not all there", imo.

ALTHOUGH.......ONE is coming out of the cracks to tell the truth about Bush/Cheney. Judge Nepalitano. I guess it's safe now, since nothing is going to happen to them. But that whole criminal administration was cheerleaded by Fox while the crimes were being committed.

Ergo, they have 0 credibility on anything. Shills for big business and the right-wing political mentality, masquerading as "news".

Also very crooked players. They have been caught NUMEROUS times using completely false images related to the story they are spinning, cutting and pasting to change the meaning, and outright campaigning for people!

Fair and balanced my butt. Unfair and out of balance for real.

What about the methods they use to report a hot story?  They usually get the most ill informed and least attractive of democrats to interview so it will appear as if the liberal viewpoint has no merit.  Simple tactics, but enough to convince the simple minded viewers who are loyal to their programs.  Never noticed this?  Check it out!

18. lovemychris profile image64

"his own kind"=racist

A picture of  Obama with a voodoo dr. outfit and a bone through his nose= not racist

Fox Logic.

There were other examples on the tape. Keep in mind that was the opinion of a black man, not Fox news. Just sayin...

19. Mighty Mom profile image85

leeberttea,
    If only white people can be racist, as you say, then Shirley Shirrod could NOT be racist because she is not white!

I don't know, I don't make the rules! I guess you have to ask a black person that question, I'm not sure I'm alloed to answer it.

Here's what Bob Herbert, a black man, had to say about the sorry Sherrod affair in my morning paper today:

The Shirley Sherrod story tells us so much about ourselves, and none of it is pretty. The most obvious and shameful fact is that the Obama administration, which runs from race issues the way thoroughbreds bolt from the starting gate, did not offer this woman anything resembling fair or respectful treatment before firing and publicly humiliating her...

And then, of course, there’s the media, and not just the wing nuts at Fox and the crazies in the right-wing blogosphere. A large segment of the mainstream crowd stampeded to condemn this woman solely on the basis of a grainy video clip, just two-and-a-half minutes long, that was trumpeted by a source whose track record should have set alarm bells ringing in the head of any responsible journalist...

Black people are in a terrible condition right now — economically, socially, educationally and otherwise — and there is no effective champion fighting for their interests. Mr. Jealous and the new edition of the N.A.A.C.P. have shown in this episode that they are not ready for prime time, and President Obama seems reluctant to even utter the word black. Or poor, for that matter...

We hear so much about the middle class, and it’s true that the middle class has suffered in this terrible recession. There’s a middle-class task force in the White House led by the vice president. But the people suffering most in this long economic tailspin are the poor and the black, and you don’t hear much about that...

Which brings us to the most important part of the Shirley Sherrod story. The point that Ms. Sherrod was making as she talked in her speech about the white farmer who had come to her for help was that we are all being sold a tragic bill of goods by the powerful forces that insist on pitting blacks, whites and other ethnic groups against one another.

Ms. Sherrod came to the realization, as she witnessed the plight of poverty-stricken white farmers in the South more than two decades ago, that the essential issue in this country “is really about those who have versus those who don’t.”

She explained how the wealthier classes have benefited from whites and blacks constantly being at each other’s throats, and how rampant racism has insidiously kept so many struggling whites from recognizing those many things they and their families have in common with economically struggling blacks, Hispanics and so on.

“It’s sad that we don’t have a roomful of whites and blacks here tonight,” she said, “because we have to overcome the divisions that we have.”

There is no way we’ll overcome those divisions if people who should know better keep bowing before and kowtowing to the toxic agenda of those on the right whose overriding goal is to foment hostility and hate. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/24/opini … ef=opinion

20. AnnCee profile image69
    AnnCeeposted 7 years ago

Sad thing though, Ralph, she seems to have gone quickly to the dark side and is now mouthing all the "in" mantras like a died in the wool social justice sheep.

21. habee profile image95
    habeeposted 7 years ago

I'm confused. I missed all this while on vacation because I watched NO news for a week. I did see a clip last night of the NAACP calling Ms. Sherrod's statements "racist." So, are you guys saying that it's okay for blacks to call other blacks "racist," but it's not okay for whites to call blacks "racist"?

Any color can be racist. Around here, some whites practice racism against blacks, and some blacks have racist attitudes toward Hispanics. What if we were all the same color? Humans would still find a way to divide - perhaps by hair color, eye color, stature, or religious beliefs.

And Ralph, I'm disappointed that you would use a term like "Uncle Tom."

Why are you disappointed for my use of "Uncle Tom?" Its a perfectly good shorthand for a black man who has bailed on his own people and is sucking up to the white establishmet.

1. KFlippin profile image60
        KFlippinposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I think what you seem to have lost touch with is the simple notion that we are all Americans, not my kind, and your kind, and black folk, and white folk, Americans.  White people are supposed to embrace this,taught to embrace this, to do otherwise is considered white racism, you rarely hear that language, that word choice, from white people. And I can assure you that if a 'white kind' conservative used the term Uncle Tom they would immediately be labelled a racist, someone with their mind stuck in a backwater gutter.

But you clearly demonstrate the acceptance among white liberals and black liberals of the my kind/your kind mentality -- as has Ms. Sherrod quite clearly.  In a way I think the most 'teachable' aspects of this whole sorry fiasco have come from her heated embracing of having herself on the news to share with this country the actual views and attitudes of, to use her words, 'her kind'.

She has labelled Fox News as racist -- I wonder if they will sue...... smile

You apparently are unaware of the wrongs suffered by blacks historically and currently in this country--housing discrimination, job discrimination, inferior schools, unfair treatment in the courts, being screwed by home mortgage companies and insurance companies, and so forth ad nauseum. Are you saying that pointing these unfairnesses out and trying to do something about them is racist? There are significant, objective differences between us (whites) and them (blacks). Pretending like they don't exist or ignoring them as Obama seems to be doing doesn't get anybody anywhere.

Your attempts, your presumptions, your hope to portray that only you and 'your kind' can recall the historical wrongs in this country grows tiresome, and your litany of 'wrongs' sound like someone living in the past, not the present.

Not to mention you seem to be putting words in my mouth!

Ralph Deeds: "Are you saying that pointing these unfairnesses out and trying to do something about them is racist?"  No, sure didn't, that's pretty twisted.

22. habee profile image95
    habeeposted 7 years ago

I'm also a little confused as to why FOX is being demonized. Glenn Beck is taking up for Sherrod, as he should! Maybe Beck isn't as crazy as I formerly thought.

As for watching FOX, yep, I watch O'Reilly, Shephard Smith, and Huckabee sometimes! Randy, I guess I'm one of these ignorant, inarticulate rednecks to whom you referred. Of course, I also watch CNN, ABC, C-Span, CBS, NBC, and MSNBC. I think you were referring to those who watch ONLY FOX, so maybe I'm not in the group. If you think the rest of the MSM is completely fair and unbiased, you're not as smart as I thought you were. They all have an agenda. You have to watch them all and READ lots of news to get the whole picture.

1. TMMason profile image68
      TMMasonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It is just the lefts way of trying to flip the blame from thier own.

And it is not working.

2. PrettyPanther profile image84
      PrettyPantherposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi habee.  Shepard Smith is one of the few Fox News reporters who does his job.  He had this to say about Fox News' handling of the Sherrod story.

Shep Smith Takes on Discredited Website and Even This Network Over Sherrod

Hope you had a great vacation.  :-)

23. KFlippin profile image60
    KFlippinposted 7 years ago

At last, Habee, ever the voice of reasoned thought, is back from vacation and rescuing the disintegrating discussion on this topic!

24. PrettyPanther profile image84
    PrettyPantherposted 7 years ago

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z205/JekyllnHyde_photos/July%2019th%202010/7Beaa5e63e-2563-4fd1-bdfa-585e68c6c9f07D.jpg

That has to be one of the most racist ramarks I have ever seen you spout.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself PP.

I do not agree with you on much, (if anything)... but I thought you were at least a reasonably sane and morally responsible person.

This remark proves me wrong on both accounts.

And the only ones who hung Sherrod out were the Obama admin and her friends at the NAACP.

The left can keep on trying, but the truth cannot be crushed.

Fox had nnothing to do with her resignation.

And that is just a fact.

And that is just B.S. Andrew Breitbart started it with his edited lying video tape. Fox and Vilsapp and the NAACP jumped on the bandwagon and Ms. Sherrod was unfairly fired.

Breitbart is not Fox News.  The NAACP issued a pubilic statement denouncing Sherrod, and she was fired, all before Fox presented this 'story', and the idea that FOX should be held to a higher standard than the White House and the NAACP continues to be highly enlightening.  And effectively that is what you all are trying to do - hold them to a higher standard than the greatest office in the land -  by continuing to try to get in the last word and find acceptance that Fox News is the bad guy here -- it will never work!

And the cartoon PP proudly posted is quite telling.......

Breitbart and Beck and Limbaugh and Hannity are all cut out of the same cloth. And to mix a metaphor work hand in glove.

You know that would be amusing if it were not so sadly reflective of typical liberal truth twisting - false arguments, false facts - to keep their theme alive.

By the same analogy, Obama is cut from the same cloth as the dear Rev. Wright.

2. TMMason profile image68

That tape wasn't edited... it was simply a clip.

There were no tricks played with what was said.

There is a big difference.

And what about the NAACP codemning her when they had the whole tape?

And if you had looked at brietbarts site you would know there was more than one clip and the second showed her stating she had learned, (to embrace marxism) and, that her racism wasn't the only war.

Yes, a truly reformed woman.

You're in a time warp, channeling Joe McCarthy one of the most evil men in our country's history.

Actually the facts of the records of the KGB and VENNONA intercepts, the Congressional Comittees, the NSA, the FBI, the OWI, the OSI, and the Sate Dept, along with dozens of other smaller agencies and individuals prove, Joe McCarthy was "RIGHT" in almost all of his assertions.

The Left can no longer lie about joe McCarthy and get away with it.

He was right, and today we see the friuts of the subversive labors of the Left, Communist agents, "fellow travelers", and communnist sympathizers, as it comes to fruition, and we reap the destructive rewards of not listening when ole Joe told us so.

The truth is out about Ole Joe, and most everything he said was the TRUTH.

So sad... too bad... the Left's chickens have come home to roost.

Even the Canadians are realizing the lie.

Liberals have been embarrassing themselves for decades with this McCarthy business.  Point out an unsavory association, and they squeal like stuck pigs about the scourge of McCarthyism.  In the mind of the liberal, Senator McCarthy was a deranged conservative finding imaginary communists under every rock and creating the fiction of the Red Menace.  Note: they have the same attitude today about radical Islam.

Their target de jour is Liz Cheney who exposed the “al Qaeda 7”; attorneys who advocated for terrorists who are now employed in our Department of Justice.

Liberals, evidently, have not yet been brought up to speed on the Venona project and other new information.  Obama refers to McCarthyism as “cowardice” in Dreams.  McCarthy didn’t vote “present” on matters of national security.

In 1995, the CIA released decoded Soviet communiqués known as the Venona cables which turned out to be most revealing.  After decades of liberals savaging the reputation of Senator Joseph McCarthy, almost no one other than authors Ann Coulter and M. Stanton Evans are talking about the Venona discoveries which vindicate McCarthy.

Following the fall of the Soviet Union in the 1990s, enormous amounts of data became available, including the Venona papers:  coded messages from the KGB and other communist intelligence agencies about communist agents in the United States   (Evans, M. Stanton. Blacklisted By History:  The Untold Story of Senator Joe McCarthy and His Fight Against America’s Enemies).

We also know now that CPUSA was a faithful creature of the Soviet Union.  “Far from being mere indigenous radicals working for peace and social justice, as sometimes argued, the party and its members were subservient tools of Moscow-and those who weren’t subversive didn’t stay very long as members.”  (Evans, Pg.  20):

From a composite of all these data, it’s evident the Soviet/Communist operation in the United States, as elsewhere, was vast, sophisticated, and effective, nowhere more so than in seeking positions of official influence.  The Red networks reached into virtually every important aspect of the US government, up to very high levels, the State Department notably included.  All of which was obviously congruent with the warnings of McCarthy and others who sounded the alarm about such matters in the late 1940s and early ’50s.  There was in fact an immense conspiracy afoot, there were secret Communists burrowing in the woodwork, and these Communists were, in case after case, devoted agents of the Soviet Union. (Evans, Pg.  21).

Liberals to this day don’t understand that McCarthy’s sole mission was to uncover Soviet operatives working in government positions, not put insipid movie actors out of work.  In fact, being blacklisted in Hollywood became a badge of honor.  For all of their bleating about “McCarthyism”, the left never has understood that McCarthy was a senator and their jeremiad should be directed toward the House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC). 

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/20878

Now, you all can cry and whine about ole Joe all you want... it just proves that when you put the lie to the truth... liars will continue to lie. Maybe you should read up on it before you and the other Leant Leftists embarass yourselves anymore than you already have.

Oh... and many, many Americans are awakening to the lies perpetrated by the Left in its assault on America.

We see you...

http://www.amazon.com/Blacklisted-Histo … 1400081068

Thank you Mr Stanton.

Whats the FBI got to say....

http://www.fbi.gov/libref/historic/history/foxpaper.htm

The NSA...

http://www.nsa.gov/public_info/declass/venona/

"The first of six public releases of translated VENONA messages was made in July 1995 and included 49 messages about the Soviets' efforts to gain information on the U.S. atomic bomb research and the Manhattan Project. Over the course of five more releases, all of the approximately 3,000 VENONA translations were made public."

And of course we know they, the REDs, were all over BERKLEY UC, and the Radiation Lab... so I will speak softly here and carry a big stick.

The name of that stick is, (COMRAP), a massive 577 page memorandum beggining at Berkley Lab. and moving out into the web of subversives throughout our Govt, State Dept., and many other regulatory and policy issuing agencies and individuals of power.

It is a huge compendium of about 400 names and many, many organizations whose activities indicated to the feds that they were part of the massive soviet infiltration of our Govt.

(this is only one of hundred of such reports now available. And I am not even mentioning the CINRAD and AMERASIA reports. Which include Berkley and other institutions of higher learning.)

The rooster begins with core groups in and around the Radiation Lab at Berkley and then expands to include many groups such as AMTORG, a commercail front for the soviets.

The names include such prominent figures as, J. Robert Oppenhiemer, Gregory Silvermaster, Gerhart Eisler, Max Badacht, Ann Luise Strong, Alfred and Martha Stern, Max and Grace Granich, Victoria Stone, Clarence Hiskey, Haakon Chevalier, Bruce Minton, and so many, many, more.

This report can be obtained through FOIA under the specific heading, the "Commintern Apperatus" report. And gos on to include facts which prove beyond doubt that Truman had been told of the Soviet infiltration and didn't care.

If McCarthy had had these files. We would be a different country today.

Does the Left really think they can sustain a LIE for decades and that no-one would figure it out.

You know maybe I will talk about CINRAD, too.

That report talks about the "Communnist infiltration of the Radiation Lab at Berkley." dated merch 5th 1946, and it is very interesting to read.  it is a companion memo to the COMRAP, and tracks key players in the Atom project.

It is amazing the records the Left was unable to destroy... and the secrets they reveal about the Left and the Communists in theis country.

I will say it again... Joseph McCarthy is the greatest American Politician of the 20th century. God bless ole joe for his sacrafice in his attempt to save this nation.

May he rest in peace knowing that finally the truth has come to redeem him.

GREAT POST, TMMASON!

Libs can still fool themselves with lies but the truth is coming clear to more and more Americans.

It is clear the president is not in charge of his own agenda, he merely responds to the chatter.  So keep on chattering!

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
                  Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes it was "the left" who discredited the drunken, paranoid bigot.  "The left" controlled McCarthy's words and actions against his will...

Conservatives cry when they are ridiculed for their positions but when they openly worship McCarthy, Palin, W, Beck...

How can you not make fun of them?

Paranoid?

Right.

Pay no attention to those commies infecting the country. 

The Rosenbergs are a figment of the imagination.   

Chris Dodd's grandmother had to expatriate herself for the rest of her life after setting up a spy network for the Russians to avoid the death penalty because Joe McCarthy was paranoid.

2. TamCor profile image81

Well--I learned pretty young not to make fun of those who differed from me, in any way...

Try it-You might like it... smile

Okay, a lying clip job.

It's a cartoon, TM.  The cartoonist is conveying a message.  Some people will get it; some won't.

PP, does it surprise you that conservatives don't understand humor?

Just add it to the list: Compassion, liberty, English, reasoning, fairness, McCarthyism, the Constitution, journalism, politics, subtlety, their own religion, justice...

PP, does it surprise you that liberals don't understand reality?

As seen through the conservative mindset?  As defined by Fox?

As "understood" by most 8th graders?

1. PrettyPanther profile image84

That is exactly what she meant, although she would never admit it.

How can you admit something you don't realize?

Ya got me there!

Yes, it still surprises me, because I always hope to find common ground somewhere, and humor is one way it can be done.  Although, to be honest, I didn't post the cartoon in an effort to find common ground this time.  It was more to "illuminate." 

Like I've said before, I'm such a liberal Pollyanna.  smile

25. ahorseback profile image77
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Interesting, reading this forum , is like listening to a bunch of high school kids discussing Racism, it's there , so is reverse racism, plenty of it......both . Americans have soo far to go into the dialog of this and other problems. However , we sound more devided every day, keep an open mind people....... remember the adage "listen 90% of the time and speak 10 % of the time"? We are not even close..........

A voice of reason--I'd like to hear more... smile

26. lovemychris profile image64

What I'm hearing is this: "What is the problem? We white people have bent over backward to help these black people. What white priviledge? Everyone is equal here".....oh except if you want a Muslim building....no. Or if you listen to Black Liberation Theology....not equal to white tea-party liberation theology huh? Or if whites bring guns in public, what's the problem? Just don't have black person with a stick.
    Or if you take MLk commemoration day to play your false phony "we are suppressed" white people parade..........

Or if you have mr. "He hates white people he is a racist" Beck all of a sudden being the great race-equalizer..

NO. It's ALL a sham for white supremacy, big business, republicab party wants back in power and will do anything to get it.

In my opinion.

And you don't fool this white girl.
    Seen it all before.

Yes, so have I...and it's just amazing to me just how differently we have seen this "all"...

smile

Ahh, TamCor, you just need some rainbow colored glasses!

27. TMMason profile image68
    TMMasonposted 7 years ago

Doesn't matter what the Leant leftists and Commie lovers say.

American, (and appearently some canadians), are very intelligent people, and we see the lies that have been told.

And yes... the Left killed McCarthy.

And so what he drank, gambled and liked his women... so didn't most Americans back then.

"The Left" made him pickle his liver?  The left made him hide his sexuality in the closet?

That's pretty paranoid thinking...

Wow, it's starting to make sense yikes

28. TMMason profile image68

It is a laugh how anyone who doesn't agree with the left is a closet homosexual.

You all should be happy... McCarthy was not only the first senator to have a black aide... but also a homosexual aide.

(and i believe a woman as an aide. He was way ahead of all you liberals.)

And for that he has earned your eternal scorn.

Besides...

I think your all mad cause I pissed on your bastion of commie loving intelligencia.

You'll get over it.

Rest in peace ole Joe... we got your back... that can't screw you anymore.

I will take ole Joe over Stalin, Moa, Pol Pot, Che, Hitler and all the lefts idol and icons.

It's a bigger laugh that someone chooses to idolize a disgraced lunatic.

"It's a bigger laugh that someone chooses to idolize a disgraced lunatic."

Versus those sane and honorable heroes of the Left.

Like Che or Stalin, or Moa?

You leftists have a wierd sense of who one should idolize.

Who is Moa?

Maybe I WOULD idolize him if I knew who he was.

I haven't heard anyone here on the forums say they idolize Che, Stalin, or Mao.  You, however, use McCarthy as your avatar. 

See the difference?

big_smile

Do you know who Moa is?  Is he one of the 3 stooges?  If so, I might idolize him.

Nerd that I am, I googled it.  Moa is a flightless bird, endemic to New Zealand, that is now extinct.

Sounds worthy of your adoration.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2d/Giant_Haasts_eagle_attacking_New_Zealand_moa.jpg

Extinct - just like McCarthy.

3. Elpaso profile image56

Like Che or Stalin, or Moa?

Are some of your heroes:
          Jeffery Dhamer, John Wayne Gacy, Richard Speck, Ed Gein, or maybe you like the smart handsome guy like yourself, Ted Bundy?
          But, since we're losing our minds here, maybe you feel closer to Hadden Clark or Michael McLendon.

How about you?

29. lovemychris profile image64

Funny how cross-dressing Head of FBI Hoover used the Commie label on civil rights activists...
    King,
    Rosa Parks, SCLC...all called communist....

Flash forward, first mixed race president...and he's called a commie. His supporters are called commies, and McCarthy is hailed as a hero by people like Ann Coulter....the one who said the Jersy Girls were enjoying their husbands deaths.

Funny, a lot of people say Obama is just continuing Bush policies....but I NEVER heard Bush called a commie!

Must be a race thing, huh mason?

UGLY HISTORY OF TARGETING BLACKS:

The crimes of the U.S. Inteligence Agencies

by Morton Halperin, Jerry Berman, Robert Borosage, Christine Marwick

Penguin Books, 1976

p63
    "For the FBI, an organization seeking to register blacks in the South was clearly suspicious. Until 1962, the bureau would monitor King and SCLC under the "racial matters" category, which required agents to collect "all pertinent information" about the "proposed or actual activities of individuals and organizations in the racial field." According to the Senate Select Committee, the FBI information on King was "extensive."

The unfolding story of the civil rights protest movement and the leadership role of Martin Luther King, Jr., is a most ignoble chapter in the history of FBI spying and manipulation. As the civil rights movement grew and expanded, the FBI pinpointed every group and emergent leader for intensive investigation and most for harassment and disruption, the FBl's domestic version of CIA covert action abroad. The NAACP was the subject of a COMINFIL investigation. The Congress of Racial Equality (CORE) and the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) were listed by the FBI as "Black-Hate" type organizations and selected for covert disruption of their political activities. But the most vicious FBI attack was reserved for King and the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. All of the arbitrary power and lawless tactics that had accumulated in the bureau over the years were marshaled to destroy King's reputation and the movement he led. The FBI relied on its vague authority to investigate "subversives" to spy on King and SCLC; its vague authority to conduct warrantless wiretapping and microphonic surveillance to tap and bug him; its secrecy to conduct covert operations against him. The campaign began with his rise to leadership and grew more vicious as he reached the height of his power; it continued even after his assassination in 1968."

p77

I might even say it continues now, with the Tea-Baggers carrying on a rally on MLK's speech anniversary....comparing themselves to King, even though the leader of the rally calls our 1st black/white president a white-hating racist!!

You cannot make this stuff up. It's what psy-ops are made of: crazy on parade.

Actually, what is funny is how you all deny facts that are supported not only by the FBI but the KGB decrypts, NSA, OSS, OWI, State Dept. and so many others, the list on here would flow for pages.

And they all corroberate one another.

Se that is the key... they all prove what the other said.

See how that works.

And MLK didn't march and die for haters and racists, (NAACP, Obama, etc,) like the left to claim his name and legacy.

So you too, are saying that the President of the United States is a racist.

I have read his books.

I know for a fact Obama is a racist.

And I don't care who likes it.

What about yourself?

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Only one of those sentences could possibly be true.

I can assure you all three are true.

You should read them, they speak volumes in regards to our presidents mind and charactor.

Ralph?

30. AnnCee profile image69
    AnnCeeposted 7 years ago

Breitbart Responds

Q: Ann Coulter was on Fox recently, saying you were "set up," meaning that someone intentionally provided you with a selectively edited copy of Shirley Sherrod's speech. Were you taken advantage of?

A: I don't believe that I was set up. [The person who provided the video clip of Sherrod's NAACP speech] contacted me back in early April and sent me a DVD, but it didn't transfer properly... I never followed up on it, but I had it in the back of my mind that [Sherrod's comments at the NAACP] occurred. So I contacted him [the video source] after two or three days of the mainstream media's colluding with the NAACP [which passed a resolution condemning racist elements within the Tea Party], giving wall-to-wall coverage, negatively branding the Tea Party as racist. I got the tape in two excerpts that were sent to me, because I couldn't wait to get this story. I knew from past experience that I had a news cycle to get this out.

Q: You say you couldn't wait to get this story out. Was it your past experience challenging the allegations that someone at a D.C. Tea Party rally used a racial epithet that informed your decision?

A: I couldn't get any mainstream media to cover that story [Breitbart's offer of $100,000], even though they played up the 'n word' allegation. And so, given that we were in day seven of this successful propaganda campaign asking the question, 'Is the Tea Party racist?' -- and because the standard they set was that someone in an audience expressing a racist thought -- like at the Tea Party it was often based merely on an infiltrator holding a [offensive or racist] sign -- the (Sherrod) video was evidence. You had people in the audience abiding by her discriminating against a white farmer -- clapping and agreeing. That is a [liberal organizer [Saul] Alinsky standard -- hold the opposition to the standard that they set.

Q: How does the Shirley Sherrod story relate to the JournoList story where liberal journalist Spencer Ackerman suggested deflecting attention from the Reverend Wright story, which was hurting Obama, by wrongly accusing a prominent conservative of being a racist?

A: That collusion to slander by Ackerman -- and the sin of omission of the other 400 people on the list -- to abide by that calculated evil -- shows that we have a tremendous problem in journalism today -- and then they come and ask me about my tactics. I'm trying to end JournoList collusion that goes well beyond the (listserve's founder) Washington Post's Ezra Klein's 400 friends and collaborators, and that includes Politico and Bloomberg. Where are they firing people? Where are the questions about this monumental act of journalistic fraud? Where are the mass firings?

Q: Do you feel like you made a mistake by rushing to get the Shirley Sherrod video out too soon, though?

A: It had to be done at the exact moment in time that the press would notice it ... I grant her that she had her redemptive transformation. I said that her humanity caused her to help the farmer, and that it's not just about race. Notice how the press conspicuously ignores that. It's in the video and it's in the text [of Breitbart's original post on the topic]. Who is doing the selective editing here? This is about destroying me. This is about the NAACP, but they've made it about me versus her. This is about exposing the Democratic Party and the progressive strategy of framing opposition to the Democratic Party agenda as racist.

Q: So you don't regret how the Shirley Sherrod video story played out?

A: The only regret I have is that the NAACP had the video and didn't look at it. And the White House went after Shirley and could have looked at the video -- and read my piece -- and said that she had a transformation . . . But the NAACP and the White House are the ones who rushed to judgment. The reason the press refuses to explore the possibilities behind why the USDA and the White House moved so swiftly to 'can' Shirley -- Congressman Steve King points to the Pigford settlement [of a discrimination suit against the Department of Agriculture], and Shirley Sherrod's involvement in it. There are major allegations of monumental fraud there. The last thing the administration wants is an investigation into Pigford.

Q: Fox News has been criticized for airing the video and for pushing this story. Do you believe that Fox jumped the gun by running with this story before seeing the full video and putting her words in context?

A: The excerpt that started this, to this day, is newsworthy. It served the purpose of showing there was a double standard between the NAACP accusing the Tea Party. It is the White House -- I reiterate -- it is the White House and [Agriculture Secretary] Tom Vilsack and the NAACP who did not do their due diligence. [That] or they are worried about the political implications of drawing attention to somebody involved in a very controversial matter...

Q: Anything else folks should know about this or about Andrew Breitbart?

A: Believe it or not, one of my primary motives on this planet is to stop this racism, and to stop the Democratic Party's use of race that divides us intentionally. Google me and Clarence Thomas. I went from left to right because I watched this tactic happen to him and I aligned myself with black conservatives. Free thinkers recognize the Democratic Party will do or say anything to instill fear into black Democratic voters...Shirley Sherrod in that video said those who disagree with Obamacare are coming from a racist point of view. That is a troubling racist sentiment.

Go ask black Tea Party candidate Cedra Crenshaw -- who was thrown off the ballot in Illinois on a technicality long before this story broke. We mounted an effort to get her back on the ballot that raised tens of thousands [of dollars]. She says we were the ones that successfully got her back on the ballot. Why doesn't the media give Cedra a call and talk about my passion about making the Tea Party as inclusive as humanly possible? Why doesn't the media ask "Uni-Tea," a minority-based Tea Party event that I'm speaking to on July 31, and that I committed to long before this story broke why I do what I do -- and why I am so passionate about it? But the JournoListers aren't about getting to the truth -- they are out to destroy their political enemy in the name of objective journalism.

http://moneyrunner.blogspot.com/2010/07/breitbart-responds.html

Nice job.  I would add that I heard his first interview after this hit the news and Breitbart emphasized it was the acceptance and approval of Sherrod's comments by her NAACP audience, their laughter, that was his focus -- with good reason. 

Glad to read this section:

I've never been to Breitbart's web site, haven't seen the article/video that started all this.  Odd that this particular item above is not focused on/reported on by either the lamestream news or Fox.  Guess it's okay to take a Breitbart out of context and annihilate him.

31. lovemychris profile image64

Hmmmm, I wonder if she agrees with Thomas that blacks need to carry guns due to the threat of white supremacy groups growing since Obama's election?

32. PrettyPanther profile image84
    PrettyPantherposted 7 years ago

http://biggovernment.com/abreitbart/201 … racism2010

Here is Breitbart's original post with the video, in case anyone would like to figure out for themselves what his intentions were.

Thanks. The lying lead-in clearly reveals Breitbart's malign intent.

1. profile image0
        pcoachposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You mean the part where he says "context is everything"?  Several times?  How could you watch the video without reading the accompanying article and the several times he discussed context.

I mean the printed lead in that said that she was acting on behalf of the Obama administration.

33. lovemychris profile image64

Ok...so a guy at the heart of the ACORN sham, and now Sherrod sham.....

It's just a coincidence that it's the same guy?

Think not. No such thing in the political realm.

Acorn was not a sham... you need to check your facts on that one, chrs.

But then again what else is new.

And his intent was to show the clips he was sent.

Notice the plural. And you should watch "them".

And I forgot... why didn't the NAACP come out in her defense when this first started? They did have the whole tape.

So what was thier game in all this?

34. habee profile image95
    habeeposted 7 years ago

Did Sherrod say she embraced Marxism? Has she studied Marx? Talk about racism!

So you haven't listened to the tapes.

And calling someone a marxist is not racist.

What kind of s******** is that

is that better ron?

I thought Marist was a school.  Did someone call someone a school?

Anyone who doesn't drink the kool-aid is a Marxist (marist?).  C'mon Habee, keep up. wink

35. TMMason profile image68

Wow, I have reduced you to spell-checker... lolllllllll

36. maven101 profile image79
    maven101posted 7 years ago

This is the summer of gross unemployment, stagnating housing markets, and outrageous debts. Keep your eyes on the issues. Liberals have a game plan... Discuss anything but the real issues. Don't let liberal extremist groups take us away from Obama and his miserable failures. The real issue here is not Sherrod, but rather the reaction of the NAACP to her racist comments...

Exactly... and the NAACPs game in not releasing the full tape, asap. And thier releasing a statement dis-avowing her and her racist rhetoric.

Huh... What a joke.

This was bait thrown out to get Beck and he laughed at it. And now it is all about blaming FOX for the actions of obama.

Also it seems from the #s that CNN ran more time on this issue than any other station including fox.

Talk about pushing a story to create an atmosphere of hate.

37. lovemychris profile image64

"This is the summer of gross unemployment, stagnating housing markets, and outrageous debts."

All brought about by Bush's policies.
    Which right-wingers are spinning and doing nothing to help the situation, but blame Obama so that they can get back in power and destroy some more!

We're on to you!

38. habee profile image95
    habeeposted 7 years ago

Hi, Larry! Hi, Ron!

Ron, I haven't listened to the full speech, but I thought someone here said Sherrod claimed that she embraced Marxism. I was just asking if she actually said that.

And by the way, Marist has a great prep school in Atlanta! When I was in charge of our high school newspaper, I often read their award-winning periodical.

And Larry, you're right about this incident receiving too much attention. It was a knee-jerk reaction from several parties that share the blame. We have more important things to worry about.

Lovemychris, you can't honestly blame all this on Bush any more than the far right can blame it all on Obama. There's PLENTY of blame to go around.

The Sherrod incident is yet another example of how easily we are divided. Just look at how we are at odds with each other here. Randy Godwin was over earlier today, and we discussed how the politicians and other powers that be enjoy pitting us against each other. If we the people were all united against them, they would be scared $#%&less!

No Haybee she did not come out and say it.

But I know it when I hear it.

"Rich opressing the poor, etc, etc..."

I didn't think you were asking me a real question Haybee, sorry.

Hi Habee, yes TMM (1) does like to throw around(and mispell) terms he doesn't know the meaning of.  Anyone who doesn't worship and seek to restore McCarthyism must be a Marxist (Marist).

39. lovemychris profile image64

Plenty of blame....

I don't see it that way.
    If the repubs would care anything about helping the situation I could see that, but as it is, they are doing nothing to move forward, only trying to destroy Obama.

And when they were in power, what could the Dems do?
    They could have filibustered and obstructed, like the republicans are doing now, I geuss, but they didn't.

So I guess that is the lesson. When you lose, just obstruct and smear and call the president a liar and refuse to work with him, then you can get back in power and do it all again.

It just makes me sick...where do they get off thinking they own America???

Sorry, but this happens on both sides, not just the one you're referring to...

All the malice on this thread is crazy...I wish you would just step back and look at what is going on here.  We should all be pulling together to shape this country up, instead of dividing into "right" and "left"...nothing will ever be accomplished this way. sad

40. Mighty Mom profile image85

lmc -- That's just the problem. They DO own America.
    And like spoiled babies in the sandbox, they throw sand and tantrums and refuse to share their toys.

41. Mighty Mom profile image85

I thought a Marist was a person who didn't like mares.

That's what the leant leftist socailists would like you to believe.

McCarthy predicted as much..

42. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago

http://www.babylonbros.com/strips/sunday_%20kumbaya.gif

43. Mighty Mom profile image85

sukiu,
    You've leveled quite a few accusations together in a rather long post.
    Please take this in the spirit in which it is intended:
    You will be taken a lot more seriously if you legitimize your presence here on Hub Pages. Post a photo of  yourself, or at least an avatar. Write a profile. Write a hub -- or several.
    Or, you can continue to hide behind anonymity, limit your presence to insulting other hubbers in the Political Forum, and be dismissed as a troll.
    Yours in the spirit of free speech and debate, MM

44. ahorseback profile image77
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

For my mental health I've decided to stop reading political sites and turn away from the factured rhetorics running at full speed in America today .We have reached a point of no return here in America where the divisions in parties no long help our system to function , they only devide our forces of voting power and the ability to change anything for the better. A government on a runaway track, a people too focused on bias and bigotry to be effective with  change. I know "well what are you doing here then" you ask? Good question, once in a while I get sucked into the mire. One thing about this woman , she won't have to work ,ever again , you see she's a celebrity now, she will make more money on the circuit of stages in America  Still feel bad for her? Stay well all......

45. lovemychris profile image64

Yeah, it's my dream to become famous for being a racist too....meanwhile, the REAl racists keep on truckin...Eddie Kendricks. Good Tune!!

46. lovemychris profile image64

Beck took her side huh? How very charming of him, since he calls Obama a white-hating racist.
    See...that's how manipulators operate.He's the good cop/bad cop all rolled into one. You got suckered!!!

1. profile image0

Obama IS a white-hating racist.  Beck is not a racist.  Big diff there honey.  And the only people manipulating things are progressives, or democrats, or liberals, or far left, or whatever the heck you people call yourselves.  Talk about disunity in your own party.  Parties?  Please see my Writ of Idiota Inquirenda on hubpages under pcoach.  I believe you just made the list, right along with Dirty Deeds.

Up is down, black is white.

47. lovemychris profile image64

Remind me NEVER to read your hub sweetie.

You have nothing to tell me that I want to know.

Except..... why don't you tell me how Obama can hate his own mother?

1. profile image0

Actually, his mother was a communist activist.  Given his propensity to turn our country in a marxist state, he probably loved her to death.  And you're kidding right?  People CAN hate their mothers. I don't but people can and it's not unheard of.

And when did Obama say he hates his mother because she is white?

48. lovemychris profile image64

He doesn't get suckered by righties.

49. jman00001 profile image70
    jman00001posted 7 years ago

This Shirley Sherrod hub topic looks out of control . It has enflamed both "sides" of the 2010 black & white race debate.  I wonder if we OMITTED all Fox news right wing speakers and all pale Uncle Tom liberal media types such as Olbermann's commentary and actually focused on the words of this hub topic what would happen?

Simple question "was Shirley Sherrod treated "shoddily" during the past week?" Was she treated differently (or better) than if she had been a white female in the same working role making the same type of comments about her feelings 20 years ago versus poor black farmers? .. I mean was it even 2 days before her incredibly poorly managed firing was over turned before she got her personally requested presidential apology in person from Obama and $ millions on book and talk show deals? Would a white manger in the agriculture dept have EVER received this much media coverage for this long? Yes or NO.... ( every and anyone on the left choosing to be brave and honest KNOWS the answer to this question... like you wouldn't want constant media coverage and I hear over $3 million so far in deals...why don't all the liberal types still crying over poor Shirley and her terrible treatment set up a character assassination fund for her and donate say 10% of their annual pay directly to her family..whites to pay double of course as most dems seem to think that sort of thing appropriate to prove they arent racists)

Silly sarcasm aside, the reason so many are so emotional about this topic had NOTHING to do with Shirley. It has to do with what all see as clear evidence that supposed reverse racism meaning pro black and anti white racism is clearly illustrated in this "example with Shirley" and is stronger than ever seen before and happened to be during Obama's term in office.  The strong liberal support for anti white propaganda and diminishing right s is disgusting - especially when a number of older white media types are high profile in this disgraceful highly racist denigration of European Americans.   People like Olbermann are a disgrace to their parents and children and should be banished to live in West Africa for a few years.

You got it right--whites, not blacks, are the ones disadvantaged by racism, discrimination, affirmative action, etc.

50. lovemychris profile image64

Yeah--you are out of control.

1. jman00001 profile image70
      jman00001posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Ralph - thanks for your feedback, but I would love to hear whether you believe that a "white" Shirley at the USDA under the same conditions would have received the same coverage and talk show riches in response to this incident? yes or No...

I tend to agree that currently whites are on the "receiving end" but would prefer a more balnced AMerica. I would strongly would prefer that the precepts of Martin Luther King Jr be followed regarding "content of character" ( + experience, education and skill sets) versus "color of skin" be the metric used to "discriminate or select " with regard to employment or friendship. Honestly it seems the left is currently more out of alignment with MLK's famous philosophy than even the right wing nut jobs.

lovemy chris -  rather a weak come back. You also avoided the question of a white person in Shirley's position because you know the answer...and your honest answer to the real question would make your feedback on this and other hubs look ridiculous and racist. My condolences but everyone makes mistakes. It takes people of character and strength to admit them, correct them and move on...

If Ms. Sherrod had been white and given a similar speech before a local Rotary Club or Kiwanis Club and some dishonest person from a black organization had edited and distorted the intent of her speech, she might have been fired unfairly also. And that would have been just as big a mistake as the firing of Ms. Sherrod. Whether a white woman would get the same hysterical coverage I don't know. Race has assumed more importance since Obama began his run for the presidency. I gather that he would prefer that everyone focus on other more critical issues--unemployment, two wars, health reform, banking reform, etc.

Firing somebody has been called "industrial capital punishment." It's a very serious action which should never be undertaken without due process including giving the accused a chance to tell his or her side of the story and a thorough investigation. There is no excuse for the Agriculture Department or the person in the White House who pulled the trigger on Sherrod, if that's the case, not to have taken the time to get the facts, especially in view of the very partisan (Breitbart) source of the doctored tape. If Vilsak made the decision on his own it wouldn't bother me to see him fired for incompetence. I haven't suggested that the Obama administration is blameless along with Breitbart and Fox who ran with the tape without checking into the story as credible journalism sources are supposed to do. At the very least Fox should have called Ms. Sherrod before broadcasting the one-sided story.

2. lovemychris profile image64

No, it's because I couldn't stand to read that paragraph of yours. My eyes glazed over after about ten words...but I'll read it now and answer it...a white person in Sherrod's position, right....ok. Reading.....

Closed to reply

working