jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is cheating forgivable???

1. first_arif profile image60
    first_arifposted 7 years ago

Is cheating forgivable???

2. Dave Harris profile image74
    Dave Harrisposted 7 years ago

In my opinion no, it destroys trust, can break up a family and leave a lasting damage to a person's happiness.

3. aka-dj profile image77
    aka-djposted 7 years ago

Anything is forgivable. It's a choice we each have to make.
    However, that does not automatically assume you restore the relationship to what it was, before the offence. That part is up to each individual to decide.
    Some have been cheated on, forgiven and reconciled.
    Some have not been able to reconciled, even though they have forgiven.
    Personally, I haven't gone through an unfaithful partner dilema, so I'm not sure which way I would go, but I would definitely forgive!

4. stricktlydating profile image80
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

No. It's receipe for disaster.  Whatever the excuse. Your partner is supposed to love and care for you the most, if they can't do that, and they decide to cheat, then they're not really good enough to be the one you love.   People do tend to try to forgive the one they love, but cheating cuts really deep and not everyone would be prepared to stay in the relationship.

5. bulalo profile image60
    bulaloposted 7 years ago

Hi!

All transgressions are forgivable.

It simply depends on the aggrieve party if he/she will forgive.

Peace to all.

6. profile image47
    BowtieCabyyposted 7 years ago

If you two are truly in love, you'll eventually be able to forgive him/her. But because s/he did such a horrible thing.

"Trust is essential in any relationship, be it with a loved one or a friend. It is the very glue that holds that bond together. But it is a fragile thing. It takes only suspicion, not proof to take it all away."

Only if u have proof.

Personally, I believe everyone deserves a second chance.and if you did it Apology is the best thing If u still love Him/her.and if s/he loves u back then u'll be a luckiest Around .
    I hope you will be able to work things out. Good luck!!!

7. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

The first answer that comes to mind is NO.

However if one can honestly say that they did in fact neglect their mate by not having sex with them, verbally abused them on a regular basis, took them for granted or generally igorned their mate....etc I could imagine such a person might be willing to forgive their mate, roll up their slevees, and work hard to repair a marriage.

We tend to imagine all cheaters beytraying someone who "loves and adores them". This not always the case. Some people choose to stay in unhappy relationships/marriages and cheat rather than go through a messy divorce or bad break up. Cheating is a cowardly act. It takes more courage to end a relationship and venture out into the unknown.

working