jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

what do you do when you are surrounded by people you dont like, who dont like yo

1. saesha profile image57
    saeshaposted 7 years ago

what do you do when you are surrounded by people you dont like, who dont like you?

2. Merlin Fraser profile image80
    Merlin Fraserposted 7 years ago

I can't actually see the point of the question but I guess the simple advice would be LEAVE !!!

3. quicksand profile image80
    quicksandposted 7 years ago

I would stay there until they all leave! lol

4. simplymoneyboy profile image59
    simplymoneyboyposted 7 years ago

I will have 2 Crazy Options :

1) Either, I beat them seriously
    2) They will beat me seriously

I will have 2 Easy Options :

1) I will unite with them (if i fear with them)
    2) I will don't look them at all

5. guy1973 profile image60
    guy1973posted 7 years ago

I will keep on doing whatever am doing and just ignore them

6. Godlike profile image60
    Godlikeposted 7 years ago

I'd probably go do something else than staying with them.

7. phoenix_028@yahoo profile image59
    phoenix_028@yahooposted 7 years ago

I act civil around them, if in case they are still uncivil towards me still would try to act civil. My father always told me that always avoid becoming the people you hate.

8. Taleb80 profile image83
    Taleb80posted 7 years ago

1- When you are sinking in the middle of the Ocean, only one floating tree trunk will keep you safety.
    So if you have one friend, he will be your tree trunk.
    Sure you have a friend.
    2- Don’t wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pigs like it.’”
    Read this post.
    http://michaelhyatt.com/don%E2%80%99t-w … -pigs.html

9. Rastamermaid profile image73
    Rastamermaidposted 7 years ago

I'm with guy1973,keep doing what I'm doing and totally ignore them.

10. L a d y f a c e profile image76
    L a d y f a c eposted 7 years ago

Ahh yes. The claustrophobic situation. I just do my thing and drink my complimentary beverage, and eat my complimentary snack food until it's time to leave the obligatory function, when I politely give my regards and leave, focusing on not looking like I'm rushing to leave.

(A lot of times I found myself in meetings and "social work luncheons" with many, MANY people I don't like, and who don't like me. I was the only one in my field, and none of them understood my job and created themselves comfortable cliques.)

11. suncat profile image58
    suncatposted 7 years ago

Try to get out of there if possible as soon as you can.
    If you have to stay, try to find something good in them and don't concentrate on them too much.

12. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I think a person first has to ask if he likes and gets along with people in other settings; because there are people who have trouble getting along with, and liking others, who are in need of psychiatric help.  If the person has trouble everywhere where there are other people, then he should look into getting some kind of help.

On the other hand, if it's one setting where the person just doesn't happen to fit in well with "everyone else", he needs to ask if leaving is an option; and if he's miserable enough to even consider leaving.  Sometimes, it's uncomfortable to be among people we don't like (and who don't like us), but not unbearable if we just mind our business and get through the day.  Whether it's work or school, people often just do their thing and enjoy their own social life and friends in their personal life.

If it's really unbearable and people are giving the person too hard a time - then leaving seems to be the only option (well, that, or developing a thicker skin).