jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Who should say "I love you" first, the man or the woman?

1. Pam Pounds profile image80
    Pam Poundsposted 6 years ago

Who should say "I love you" first, the man or the woman?

2. ThunderKeys profile image64
    ThunderKeysposted 6 years ago

They should both say I love you at the same time!

- Duddy.

3. Traffic Creator profile image58
    Traffic Creatorposted 6 years ago

I think it is not mandatory that the man should say first or the woman should say first. Anyone from the man or the woman can say " I love you" first.

4. profile image0
    paulgcposted 6 years ago

I think that the man should say "I love you" first because sometimes men hold back with their emotions which can have a detremental effect on the relationship.

Men should not be scared to show a little emotion, be brave and you will be rewarded.

I held back from my girlfriend in the beginning but ten years on i have learnt that being open with my feelings is better for a healthier relationship.

5. jacqui2011 profile image84
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I don't think it matters who actually says the words first. If you are in love with someone, I would let them know. Life is too short and I am a great believer in being honest and showing my feelings. In my case I told my now fiance that I loved him first, we have been together now for over 3 years and plan to get married in the next two years.

6. Kamalesh050 profile image80
    Kamalesh050posted 6 years ago

It really doesn't matter who should say first, either of them can.

7. profile image0
    rorshak sobchakposted 6 years ago

Whoever is feeling it the most first! He or she should say it.

8. Sesshoumaru2st profile image57
    Sesshoumaru2stposted 6 years ago

Just make sure you don't say it first.Next thing you know you're never told the same words. It maybe goes like" i like you too".
    ???What are we kids?Listen ,if you love a person,you should tell them.Face it,not everyone will feel the same way about you,but people take time to grow to love you.If you wanna say it say it  I LOVE YOU BABY!!!!!

9. puddingicecream profile image74
    puddingicecreamposted 6 years ago

Either one is fine. They should both feel that way before someone says it though.

10. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I think if you know you are the more confident of the two then there's no harm in you saying it first. This usually encourages the less confident partner to come forward.

11. JT Walters profile image76
    JT Waltersposted 6 years ago

I think it should always be the man that says he loves you  first.