All the answers to all your question are in the Bible

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (55 posts)
  1. profile image53
    haj3396posted 12 years ago

Ask a question and God will give you the answer.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image78
      DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This didn't work...

I am still looking for the answer to: How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

1. profile image53
        haj3396posted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is why it done work, you are looking for the wrong thing. God will not answer things that will not help you, but spiritual things.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image78

So God only answers questions concerning my spiritual being...Hmm...I have that under control... don't need answers to questions of that nature...

Why do people ask for material things then of God? Like more money, prettier G/F...finding car keys...things along those lines...

Pretty sure the bible says you don't really need those things...Why are they not finding those types of answers in the bible?

2. jacharless profile image72
          jacharlessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If it is the spiritual things, how can it be in the bible -a non spirit thing. Focus.
          And, if the bible does have all the answers, why have you asked so many questions {opened forum threads}. Provocation, Assimilation or Condemnation? Or all.

2. Levertis Steele profile image73
        Levertis Steeleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Getting to the center of a Tootsie roll by licking it is different with individuals. It depends on the size, wetness, and licking force of the tongue. The best way to find out for yourself is to lick and count. Personally, I bite before I finish licking in order to get started on another one.

3. Bubba Jones profile image60
        Bubba Jonesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's easy. Seven or eight and a bite.

4. twosheds1 profile image60
        twosheds1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps the question you should ask is "Is it right to bite a tootsie-roll pop?"

2. ankitharrytom profile image69
      ankitharrytomposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Didn't work for me either.
      I looked for: When will I start making $100 daily through my online work?

3. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

BS.

There are no questions the bible need answer because all answers are already available.

1. Recently Awakened profile image60
        Recently Awakenedposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree with Cags on this one. Instead of looking where there is a chance for error, you can look within yourself to find the answer. The problem is that most people don't truely know themselves all that much.

1. pennyofheaven profile image81
          pennyofheavenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agree.

2. gmwilliams profile image82
        gmwilliamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Cags, right-on, enough said!

4. Levertis Steele profile image73

Sorry, haj3396, it was not my intention to disrespect your question by answering the Tootsie Roll question. Anyway, I agree with your statement.

5. pylos26 profile image69
      pylos26posted 12 years agoin reply to this

yeah...if one is an idiot.

6. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Dear God, why do you teach your followers to believe in things rather than to understand things?

2. tamron profile image68
    tamronposted 12 years ago

You can find the answer to lifes question in the book of Proverbs or Google it by writing what does the Bible say about finance,loans,health or whatever you have questions about....

A question like this "When will I start making $100 daily through my online work?"  Is on a need to know bases but if you want to know "how" to make a $100 you can find out by Googling What does the Bible say about Finance?

If you are serous about a question you will find the answer in the Bible.  If your caught up in a catch 22 and don't know what to do.  Refer to the Bible you will find your answer.

What do you do when you don't know what to do?  You may not like your answer but if you do what the Bible says whatever your problem is it will be solved.

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey Tamron, thank you for the laughs. lol lol

1. jacharless profile image72
        jacharlessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Google. the name of the new g/God, who is the bible. Good to know. Thanks, I'll be sure to update Neil Gaiman on this right away.

tamronposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I thinks it would be real funny if you asked God for something and you actually got it.  I would be crying and rolling on the ground laughing.  Seriously.

2. DoubleScorpion profile image78

Nothing written in the bible has ever solved any of my "problems"... Me getting up off my backside and doing something to fix it did though...

1. autumn18 profile image59
        autumn18posted 12 years agoin reply to this

+1

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
          Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

+1

2. profile image53

Yes it have you just done know it. Ask you question that you say the Bible have not answered?

1. secularist10 profile image61
          secularist10posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm guessing the Bible doesn't answer the question "how do I write in proper English?"

KAPOW!

Sorry, couldn't resist. smile

1. Billy Hicks profile image76
            Billy Hicksposted 11 years agoin reply to this

10 Internets to you good sir.

3. recommend1 profile image61
      recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

What you describe works fine - but it does not require that the bible has the 'right' answers, just that it has a range of answers that can be accessed.  What you suggest "Refer to the Bible you will find your answer" it works just the same with fortune cookies, with those you get a random answer to a question you have not asked, but the Chinese Taoism that originated this 'parlour game' gives a range of answers to questions asked and people go to the temple to ask, exactly the same principle, if I give you an authoratitve answer and you act on it - then this was the right answer for you.

3. Paul Wingert profile image60
    Paul Wingertposted 12 years ago

I want to learn how to become a close minded, flat earth believing, arrogant bigot. Where do I turn to? The Bible!!!!

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've been wanting to say this for months... Love the avatar! big_smile

2. profile image53

don't you know if you done believe in the Bible that what you become. A  close minded, flat earth believing, arrogant bigot.

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
        Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, right.

The Bible tells me how much I should accept as payment from a rapist, who raped my virgin daughter, in order for him to marry her so she can redeem herself. The Bible also tells me how to about selling my daughter into slavery.

1. tamron profile image68

Waite a minute!  I don't claim reading the whole Bible so please show me were it says The Bible tells me how much I should accept as payment from a rapist, who raped my virgin daughter, in order for him to marry her so she can redeem herself. The Bible also tells me how to about selling my daughter into slavery.

I would love to see that!

Exodus 21:7 - "If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as menservants do.
              Deuteronomy 28 - If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29he shall pay the girl’s father fifty shekels of silver.c He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

I remember something about a virgin redeeming herself if she married her rapist. I might of erred and will quite using that "redeem" part until I actually find it. But there's all kinds of crazy crap in the Bible and people who say that the Bible is accurate and true and live by it, apparently never read it all the way through. Nowhere in the US is slavery legal, not even in Alabama!

What are you doing up so late?  I was getting ready to throw in the towel!  Well I will have to check that out in the morning so my brain sort of works!

I can't honestly give you a strait up comment at this point!  I don't doubt you and it gives me something to take a look at.

However I will respectfully answer your post when I get up.  I will be up a few minutes because I let my dog out.  If you don't get back tonight with me.  Have a good night and sleep well!

LOL I do evenings, but not mornings. I can't distinguish colors or detect movement anytime before 11am.

I am rather busy right now but I promise I will take a look at that scripture and let you know what I think.

I can say tho if I lived in those days.  If I had to marry a man who raped me.  He would be a dead man or I would find away to blackmail him so I can make him work like a slave to please me and fill my pockets with Gold.  Otherwise I would feed him to the dogs if he didn't comply.

Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Back then, even up till the mid 1800's here in the US, a wife was considered property. Something these people need to take in consideration when they throw the term "traditional marriage" around. Anyway it would be easier to pop someone back then. There was no form of detective work and all you'd have to do is move to another location and change your name.

4. tamron profile image68
    tamronposted 12 years ago

Now I know why I don't post in threads like religion and politics?  Both religion and politics both start wars.

1. profile image53

They also end wars

Name one war ended because of religion.

None that I'm aware of!  If anything religion has started wars.

You need a refresher course in world history.

2. Levertis Steele profile image73

Tamron, post your views and move on. You have a perfect civil right to your opinion. We cannot control others, but we can control ourselves. Do not stay and watch the war dances. Let the ballers party on. I like what you wrote, and you will never know how many others do too. All readers do not post. Happy writing!

Thanks!  No I am not trying to argue with anyone or even debate them, as a matter of fact I am surprised I even went on this thread.

I will give the shirt off my back that is the kind of person I am but I am not afraid of being challenged and I will freely admit it if I am wrong.

In the real world if I had an argument with anyone I might not back down but after I think about things.  I go back and say sorry I was wrong even if I truly think I'm right because its not worth losing a friendship for a difference in opinion

5. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 12 years ago

Why is Pi such a weird number? Couldn't it have just been 3?

Please let me know which page(s) my answer is on......

6. Rina Pinto profile image60
    Rina Pintoposted 12 years ago

Yes, all the answers are in the Bible.. you can ask anything and God Has it for you all written up in it. Thank God for this.

7. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 11 years ago

The problem is that people like Chick Fil A and Westboro Baptist Church are also finding answers in the Bible.

Stick to: "God will give us the answers that we need, when we need them." and I am fine with the bible and with people who have the answers when I need them.

As for the rest, you know you have no excuse for the evil that is being said and done with the bible as the source.

8. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 11 years ago

I don't think so. I've been trying to find the whereabouts of a friend for the past two years. She seems to have vanished from the face of the earth. Where exactly do I find her current address?

9. tamron profile image68
    tamronposted 11 years ago

OK! OK!  Maybe not "all" question can be answered from the Bible.  Sorry I'm such an idiot.  After I read the title I realized why some of the answers in this thread was sarcastic.

Your right there are questions that can't be answered!  I will try to be more careful to how I word a thread.

I deserve to be beat on for this!  Thats alright it won't be the first beating and probably won't be that last.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)