Do you think that the Mohammed Verses are in fact evil?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 166 discussions (681 posts)
  1. larryprice5372 profile image61
    larryprice5372posted 11 years ago

Our religion requires that we love our God as He has loved us, with all of our heart mind and soul, and that we love each other as He has loved us.  Mohammed brings death not love to the table.  What say you?

1. Repairguy47 profile image60
      Repairguy47posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have never read the Koran so don't know what it says. But if its true that it says nonmuslims should be killed I would have to say its evil.

larryprice5372posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Read both the Quran and Salman Rushdie's book the "Satanic Verses".  He is currently in hiding because Irans' Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini issued a fatwa against the author sentencing him to death.  It's just plain abosolutism with no appeal to anyone.  Talk about fatal visions.

1. Paul Wingert profile image61
          Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The Jews, Christians and Muslims all believe in the same insecure and homicidal god. It's all a bunch a crap!

Well, God bless you.
            Homicidal is a very strong word to use against God.  I personally don't see it as a bunch of crap.  God has in fact worked in my life; although I don't probably deserve it because I slip alot.
            Hope you have a change of heart before your passing.

1. profile image0
              Rad Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So God help you, but you didn't deserve it because you slipped a lot. How many people and children deserved the help and didn't get it. How many children have been starved, beaten and raped with no intervention from God and you can't see past yourself?

Get a grip on yourself.  God has not condemned you or me.

1. profile image0

Of course not. I believe my comment was meant to show that those who pray have no advantage and still get ill.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image78
          Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Rushdie is not hiding any more.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
            A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

True, he was on The Daily Show last night promoting his new book and talking about the latest Islamic violence over that internet film, "The Innocence of Muslims"

Rushdie claims there is an "Outrage Machine" in the ME in which Muslims are looking for any reason whatsoever to churn up the hatred and violence towards non-Muslims.

Very true.
              Radical Islam is taking an opportuinity to incite since the overthrow of several necessary dictators who kept them at by.  I think liberal pandering of Radical Islam will empower them over the long haul.  Look out for a radical control of Egypt, Lybia, Tunisia and Yemen.  Syria is in flux, but we might look at a possible radical islam government there too.

2. larryprice5372 profile image61

Thanks for your input.  Didn't know Rushdie was out of hiding.  It's still dangerous for him considering that two publishers have been killed by stabbing and one was stabbed and survived the attach.  The fatwa against him can never be lifted because the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini has died, and by the rules, no other can recall the fatwa order.

3. Zubair Ahmed profile image75
          Zubair Ahmedposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You mention the fatwa on Rushdi, is that not the same as that which a American politician calling for Julian Assange to be shot because he has in their opinion disclosed the secrets of America?

That isn't even remotely the same thing. The fatwa on Rushdie is due to Muslims assuming their faith was being mocked, so they resorted to the typical violence observed whenever Muslims believe their faith is being mocked. Barbaric.

2. Taleb80 profile image80
        Taleb80posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually, in Quran, it is mentioned that we should choose the best reaction so even our enemy converts to be our close friend.
        The problem that some people take some wrong deeds which done by some Muslims & understand Islam through it.
        For Example: Here in Saudi Arabia, there is a huge number (Maybe two million people coming from all around the world) of Non Muslims & they enjoy their life. They are leaving in an Islamic country & they are safe, happy & saving to build their own future.

2. A Troubled Man profile image58

It's as hilarious as it is hypocritical for Christians to ignore completely their religions history when they criticize other religions.

I was speaking on the New Testament.  In the Old Testament our GOD described himself as a Jealous God, yet, even that testament did not dictate that WE must kill a none believer.  In backing up His chosen people He gave His chosen people the upper hand.  No doubt about it.  But, that has in fact changed.

Then obviously, you haven't read either Testament.

3. rouilliewilkerson profile image60
      rouilliewilkersonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I say that unless you've read the Qur'an, Sunnah (description of Prophet Mohammads' life and examples), Hadiths (His sayings) you aren't qualified to comment on him. Period.

But, if we had read them, do we qualify to comment on him?

1. rouilliewilkerson profile image60

Are you saying that you have? And if you are, you must take into account your sources. Your level of comprehension outside of your own belief system, etc...

1. profile image0

So if one takes the time to read the Quran and still doesn't buy it, they aren't qualified to even COMMENT on it because they may be out side the belief system?

1. ahmadj3 profile image60
              ahmadj3posted 11 years agoin reply to this

That depends, I as a Muslim don't agree with Christianity. That doesn't give me a free license to make comments that demean Christianity. Where you disagree with Islam. Ask Questions. Muslims are always happy to talk about their faith.

1. profile image0

Alright. Why does the Quran say that the earth is shaped like an egg?
                http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7167568_f248.jpg

1. mrnasir profile image57
                  mrnasirposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you read Quran in arabic you'll find the answer (not just translation)

Nope.

2. profile image0

So, in the arabic version it doesn't say egg?

Ah, so now you have come up with even more restrictions? So, even if I had read, which I have, those documents you listed, I still am not qualified? Are you the one who will decide whether or not I'm qualified? Are you qualified to qualify others?

2. profile image0

You didn't answer the question. Why not?

1. rouilliewilkerson profile image60

You aren't making sense.

2. rouilliewilkerson profile image60

And I just realized my mistake. This isn't a forum designed to learn and exchanged info - only spread hate, start trouble with peaceful people and display ignorance. Do not contact me, I won't participate in ignorance debates.

1. profile image0

You didn't answer the question? It is about learning and I'd like to learn how you answer the question.

3. larryprice5372 profile image61

Look below.  I do read.

4. SoManyPaths profile image59
      SoManyPathsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

1.) "Our religion"  - Who is ours?  So many different religions in the world

2.) It doesn't sound like you are an expert in the Koran, know people who study it.

I am not either but I am aware of people who are so-called followers of the Bible, and engage in criminal activities, cheat, kill, will take advantage of you and more in contrasts to those I've known who are buddhists or atheists. O You think all muslims are radicals. You are seeing probably the lowest of the low (1 to 2%) and thinking they represent everything. Just as foreigners who have never been in the US or UK that we are all fat, greedy and wasteful. C'mon.

1. ahmadj3 profile image60

Well said. Every religion has it's share of good people who live up to the highest standards of the religion they profess as well as those who do a dishonor to it.

5. ishtariraq profile image61
      ishtariraqposted 11 years agoin reply to this

hi there ... im a muslim woman and thu im not in riligist  way  but i must say the truth   no more no less ...... the prophit  mohamed  was  say  Debt advice ....And he had a neighbor aimed stones every day and when he stopped he went to visit him and found him sick Vtahjb neighbor and told him why I worried Mufrhd rejoice because you relieved me told him not faith without mercy mercy Tfum Absme and swim angels ....But governments are politicized religion to suit their interests and the prophet is innocent of being in the name of religion aware of any case I respect all opinions, because the important thing is morality and good behavior with people is more important than religion, because I believe that religion is for God and the earth for all

6. profile image0
      HowardBThinameposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Any religion can be used as a force for good or evil. Unfortunately, when the Koran and the Bible were written, society accepted a lot of things it doesn't accept today. Slaves, multiple wives, killing ones enemies, killing the enemies of one's god.

The Torah, the Old Testament and the Koran are full of violence, and just recently Jews petitioned to have certain passages removed from the Christian New Testament (like the ones where Jesus calls the Pharisees "children of the devil"), because those passages have been used repeatedly in the past 2K years to justify killing Jews.

There are wonderful Muslims. There are wonderful Jews. There are wonderful Christians - and wonderful atheists.

Look past the book into the heart of the believer or non-believer, as the case may be.

1. profile image0

Those are wise words.

7. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There are plenty of passages in the Bible where God is violent towards others.  He even directs his followers to commit genocide at one point!   

The Bible and the Quran are full of contradictions.  Sometimes they advocate violence and sometimes peace.

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

Whose doing the droning? Think that would be Christians.

Well, there is nothing in the Bible that allows we should turn a cheek towards those who seek to kill us.  In fact, the Bible allows that we protect life, ours or the innocent lives of others.  Drones are an accurate way to find and destroy an acive enemy in this case.

3. knolyourself profile image60

Christian believe in hell for all non-believers. Oh that's not killing. It's worse.

Hell is not damnation and hellfire, it is spiritual death and eternal seperation from God.  The righteous of God are rewarded with eternal life with Him in Heaven as a reward for loving each other, having faith and doing works.  Mohammed rewards the Killer with a sort of Heaven that involves 17 Virgins (Men or Women), take your choice.  Their reward is for killing.

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Have you never read Dante?

In addition, you will find few that agree with you.  Most Christians view Hell as demons poking you with pitchforks while you burn in eternal fire: atheists view Hell the same as heaven, and others probably have no opinion or side with the atheists.

That's the risk you run when you come up with a new "interpretation" for the bible, though.  No one agrees.

Dante is not a spiritually inspired book.  It's nothing but phylisophical fiction that cannot be compared to Bible scripture.  I'm not caring much about athiest opinion, God bless them.  Pitchforks were never spoken of in the Holy Bible.  The expression "Great Gnashing of Teeth" was used by Jesus many times, but I gnash my teeth when let down or angry.  I would think that I would gnash my teeth if I was not found worthy at Judgment, and thereafter seperated from God and His Kingdom.
          Hope you see the light and come to the Lord also.  If you are a Christian, I do appologize.

2. arksys profile image84
        arksysposted 11 years agoin reply to this

larry... seems like you know little about the basics of Islam.

first correction. - Muhammad was a prophet ... not God ... and no they are not the same thing. Only God has the right to reward a person on the day of judgement.

maybe you haven't yet heard another saying of the prophet "the ink of the scholar is holier than the blood of a martyr. "
        from this statement a muslim would realize that gaining knowledge and understanding has a much higher reward than killing.

the western mindset is all about sexual intercourse, which is why they cherry picked the 72 virgins ... it may be a motivating factor for a western person, but it's not a motivational factor for a true muslim.

just an additional note for you ... "the greatest Jihaad is the conquest of oneself " ... i.e: controlling your nafs (nerves/desires/anger... etc)

an example of Hazrat Ali (known to be a warrior of God having great strength) during a holy war ... when hazrat Ali pinned down an enemy and was about to strike him with his sword ... the enemy spat on hazrat Ali's face ... Ali then let the man live.
        After the war was over a person asked him why he didn't kill that person who spat on his face... Ali answered ... I would have killed him out of anger and not for Islam.

It is hard to distinguish if a person is killing for a cause or for personal satisfaction ... Only God knows what is in the hearts of people and they will be judged fairly and justly on the day of Judgement ... that is a promise from Allah.

I hope you can see that Muhammad has not brought death to the table ... he brings peace / love but did fight for the rights of people (including women) when required as well as promoted the gaining of knowledge.

Sadly, not every muslim follows his teachings.

I don't believe I've referred to the Prophet Muhammad as God in anything I've shared above.  On the other hand, Jesus did proclaim himself to be God to his deciples.  He is referred to as the Son of Man (this side of the cross), and the Son of God  after death and spiritually on the other side of the cross.  The Prophet Mohammad has never made such claims.

I'm familiar with the none violent wrtings and phylosophy within the Quran, and the basis used when Mohammed instructs the death of infidels during a time that Islam was being consolidated.  This consolidation of the religion in the affected regions of the middle east were concerning peoples and countries who would fail to convert.  This said: It is popularly pushed that Mohammeds directive was only intended to have effect during that era.  If true, it is a shame that Islamic Extremists apply it in this era as a justification for fatwa or holy war.

I've not done a complete study of the quran.  Having said that, I still have a serious problem believing it's not evil when death is the only outward method Islam currently uses in fighting something a mediocre as Rushdies book or a sorry film made by a person of Arab decent.

The treats of death and death itself need to cease before the minor millions of extremists cause a conflaguration of some kind afficting the overall billion or so of muslim peoples.

1. arksys profile image84

you wrote ... "Mohammed rewards the Killer with a sort of Heaven that involves 17 Virgins (Men or Women), take your choice"

you also mentioned i think in the start "verses of muhammad" ... i know what you meant to say ... but for muslims the Quran only from God ... not a human.

As far as i know the new Testament was all about Jesus proclaiming that he was God ... there was nothing in the old Testament about Jesus being a God... but that's a separate issue.

these made me think that you might think he was a God to us... only God rewards and the verses are "verses of God".

it is believed that many prophets came from God ... Moses / David / Jesus being a few of them ... they came as messengers of tribes yet Muhammad came for the whole of man-kind ... relaying the message of God for everyone. He was the seal of the Prophets ... i.e. the last prophet. his message was not for people of that era ... it is until the end of time.

as you probably know islam was new and unwanted at the time therefore it was under threat with constant attacks on muslims. the fighting against non-muslims was only for that time ... the muslims were driven out of mecca and went to medina for 10 years ... 10 years later the muslims came back to claim or as we call it Re-claim Kaaba which is our holy mosque in Mecca. The orders that we know today were that no woman or child will be harmed. if a man puts up a sword against you then fight him. no one put up a fight when re-claiming Mecca and therefore there was no bloodshed.

The problem is that we're too emotional when it comes to religion thats where people go on the wrong path, and that is exactly what the media loves to show. I would urge you not to look at the followers but to look at the religion itself (the Quran and the Hadith) ... there is a huge mix of culture and religion at the moment, where the culture is at fault and not the religion.

what we really need is to educate our own people.

I give you some of what you have said here.  Your response is too complex to get into a full discussion here.  I will say that Jesus did in fact represent Himself to His Diciples as God.  Isiah, Daniel and other frofits predicted the God would take fleash and become the Son of Man on this side of our cross.

I did not want to get into too much Biblical argument here.  The question above still stands here.  Are Mahammads verses evil in fact.  Can I or you prove and show something that he wrote that brings or supports evil as a matter of fact?

there is nothing that will support the argument that Muhammad  taught evil.

2. profile image0

You mean his teaching of marrying a 6 or 7 year old and consummating the marriage when she was 9?

please go through these pages ... you'll get the answer to your question.

http://myriamfrancoiscerrah.wordpress.c … and-aisha/

http://www.faqs.org/childhood/A-Ar/Age-of-Consent.html

1. profile image0

I did have a look at both of those links and it seems even Muslim acknowledge that she was only 9 when he raped her. We can't call it sex because she was a child. A 9 year old child is in about grade 4 and I find it disgusting that anyone would try to justify doing that to a child.

ofcourse we acknowledge that she was 9 ... you got that information from our historical books. you didn't notice that the same used to happen in the west until the 1800's?

1. profile image0

What? Are you know saying it was common practice in the West to marry 6 year olds? It's called pedophilia and it's pretty sick. Perhaps you don't think it's sick so lets look at it another way. What would you say about a 55 year old women who married a 6 year old boy, but waited until she was 9 to have sex with him?

1. twosheds1 profile image60
                    twosheds1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Jospeh Smith (founder of Mormonism) married a young girl and Mormons today try to marry teenage girls. In fairness, though, marrying children wasn't uncommon at the time. We find it distasteful now, but back then it was the norm.

Who Ra!

Yes, stuff like that if you can prove it.  Show me.

1. profile image0

arksys wrote:
              Sadly, not every muslim follows his teachings.

I wrote:
              You mean his teaching of marrying a 6 or 7 year old and consummating the marriage when she was 9?

You wrote:
              Yes, stuff like that if you can prove it.  Show me.

Me: Do you wan't Muslims marrying 6 year olds and consummating the marriage when the child is 9? Does this seem RIGHT to you?

Not in any way shape or form.

Radman ... firstly i was not very clear in my statement which led to a different discussion ... i'll rephrase.

when i said we need to educate poeple ... i meant to teach the mass of people to read and write ... there are a lot of illiterate people who cannot read the real message in the Quran and the Hadith who rely on other people to give them this information. If the wrong information is given then they follow the wrong way. and yes many people exploit this situation.

Today, muslims do not marry at an early age. that  was in the past... we are in a different era now. No one i know has married below the age of 20.

1. pisean282311 profile image64
                  pisean282311posted 11 years agoin reply to this

@arksys thats good news that most dont marry before 20...

3. Zubair Ahmed profile image75
          Zubair Ahmedposted 11 years agoin reply to this

arksys - you say the right things but in the wrong forum - here you will not get people who want to learn and understand but pass judgement on blind stereotypical ideas that they get from their own biased media and books.

If only they would open their minds and read they will understand that no one is out to get them more than their own politicians and phobias.

You mean, the judgment on blind stereotypical violence Muslims resort whenever their faith is mocked?

4. knolyourself profile image60

"eternal seperation from God.". Sounds like nitpicking to me. I kill a bug - eternal separation. Now if only I had known.

Nope, it's not "nitpicking": it's the simple pure blackness that you were seeking before you were born.  Our God is awesome, He even loves you: imagine that, even as He would seperate Himself from you.

5. knolyourself profile image60

Well I am a pagan and it's good to know that he loves me even as he eternally separates himself from me. Not exactly a definition of love which I can quite understand. He even hates me even as he unifies himself with me.

Well, He does not hate you currently, He is going to give you plenty of time to return His love: no return of LOVE then JUDGEMENT, which will be eternal seperation.  He is connected to you even as you speak.

6. knolyourself profile image60

No I love and your god does not. I would never hold a gun to head: "Love me or GRUDGEMENT!"

Well now, guess we should get on with the question.
      See Ya, Love Ya goodby now!

7. knolyourself profile image60

Do you think that the Knolyourself Verses are in fact evil?
    Later Gator.

Nope: just think you might be stirring the pot a little.  Evil you are not.

8. pisean282311 profile image64
    pisean282311posted 11 years ago

no...

Nice informative answer.  Thanks for your time and attention.

9. ITcoach profile image58
    ITcoachposted 11 years ago

larryprice5372 and every one,

It is said to controversial but i say it is not controversy. One who has read and understand the teachings of the Mohammad and even the teachings of Islam could never think about terrorism. Muhammad is the only messenger of Allah not he said by his own. If you love Allah then you can consider that Muhammad had never said something by own. If you say these words then it is your negligence from the true lessons of Islam.

For Example if Americans are killing Afghans and Iraqi's then what we say? Are these teaching of Jesus?
    No it is not. If Indians are killing the innocent people in Kashmir then Budha never taught to kill people.
    I think it is enough for the people that has sense.

1. ARSHAD MAJID profile image78
      ARSHAD MAJIDposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree with IT that no religion teaches to kill or steal. The blame game starts when one wants to grab the land or resources of the other.

ITcoach

The killing here is not because we are grabbing any land, it is because we are not believers, coupled with the release by an Egyptian of a controvertial film made in an American moch-studio.  Anyone can record a CD or DVD in a privarte srudio located in America, that would not mean that all Americans agree with it and we should be punished.
        The killing over this is off the hook, if not satan inspired and insane.

1. profile image0

As my dear friend Motown said a few days ago. "Christian were not upset about Monty Python and the Holy Grail"? Christians laughed along. Muslims need to join in on the comedy.

I agree.  Muslims are not very tolerant of others.

1. profile image0

Much like Europe a few hundred years ago when the Christian did not have a separation of church and state.

2. twosheds1 profile image60

They were OK with the Holy Grail; it was Life of Brian that got their panties in a bunch. Protests at theaters, death threats, etc. I remember going to see it and being told I was going to Hell for seeing it. I will not post my reply.

Majid:
      I'll get back to a reply on your position.  I want to actually quote you from the Quran regarding infidels.

price-- its a good idea to discuss some verses from Quran that you think promote violence.  Everyone wants to know where does Quran tells to kill all the infidels.

Sorry Majid:
          Forgot to get back to answering that question.  It's argued that Muhammed's Surah 9:5 referred only to those failing to covert during a period of Islamic consolidation and that that chapter added by him was to have effect only in the immediate era.  However, our modern era Islamic extremists apply it now in the form of fatwa and holy war, using it as a justification to wontonly kill inoccent men, women and children blowing up shopping malls, ice cream parlors, etc.,  Simply because they feel those shopping support the West. (Iraq/Isreal/London and on and on)  It is these types of actions that seem Satanic, especially a Christian of Western decent.

I know there are slightly more than one billion Islamists in the world.  It's a shame that a relative millions would interpret Surah 9:5 and put their fellow believers in their current position: that is one of controversy and distrust of intentions towards westerners.

http://www.muslimaccess.com/articles/ji … fidels.asp
          http://middleeast.about.com/od/religion … 080921.htm

3. G Miah profile image79
      G Miahposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are perfectly right.

Allah (God) has not given anyone permission to kill another innocent human being.

In Islam we say 'Islam is perfect, man is not'

All of Muhammad's (peace be upon him) teachings were revelations from Allah. Muhammad (pbuh) was the most perfect man on earth and no one will ever be able to surpass him.

He fought and led armies to fight in the cause of Allah only and not for his own gain, only for Islam.

What some Muslims do nowadays is wrong, but most are in the right because no one has the right to kill innocent people for the sake of wealth or land, for example Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine etc.These people are getting persecuted and opressed in every way possible by Chrisitian leaders from Christian countries. When they do it it's for democracy, but what about democracy in their own coutnries?

I believe that all religions are against Islam, and this is a sign of the end times as Muhammad (pbuh) has mentioned. The prophecies are coming true about the minor and major signs before the end of the world.

What i say to ignorant people when it becomes difficult for them to understand is wait and see. We will all find out the truth as soon as we breath our last breath.

1. profile image0

Tell me, with all do respect do you not see the contradictions in your own words?

"Allah (God) has not given anyone permission to kill another innocent human being."

and then..
        "He fought and led armies to fight in the cause of Allah only and not for his own gain, only for Islam.

I guess you need to define innocent.

1. G Miah profile image79

These were people who were after him to kill him and his people. They drove Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his people who reverted to Islam out of Mecca and they migrated to Medina. There were many wars they had to fight against non Muslims who attacked and opressed the Muslim people, and the Muslim people were defending themselves.

See, no contradiction.

1. profile image0

Are you saying it's just to fight and kill for the cause of Allah?

For that time and for when the next time will come, insha Allah soon.

Dajjal (the Antichrist) will come and mark the non believers with k f r (kafir) on their foreheads when his time comes, which may be soon.

Islam means to submit to the will of Allah, so every Muslim on earth is submitting to the will of Allah by worhsipping only Allah. Every Muslim does Jihad every day. Now go and find out the exact meaning of Jihad, you will learn more about Islam.

Some websites might say that Jihad just means 'holy war' referring to the killing of any non Muslim any time anywhere. If that was the case then Muslims would be going on a killing spree like Christian or Jewish Americans or otherwise around the world killing innocent children/people in schools and colleges. Muslims would be killing their neighbours and communities who are non Muslims. Makes sense doesn't it? I hope so.

1. profile image0

No it doesn't make sense because you didn't answer my question.

Maybe you didn't open your eyes enough to read the reply i gave you earlier. People really need to read more about Islam and understand the religion before making accusations about it being violent.

1. profile image0

I'm not accusing Islam of violence I'm only trying to get a straight answer from you.

Just answer the question, without telling me to look up the meaning of jihad.

2. ishtariraq profile image61

blessed be

3. A Troubled Man profile image58

Muslims need to understand they aren't the first ones to visit an online forum with the same faulty and flawed understanding of the world around them.

I always did want a brand on my body, kinda like the branding the Nazis did to the Jews.

3. Disappearinghead profile image60
                Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is quite funny. Islam says that the antichrist will mark the foreheads of the infidel (Jews, Christians, atheists) in the end times, and Christians say the antichrist will mark the foreheads of unbelievers (Jews, Muslims, atheists) in the end times. Did Muhammed rip off the Book of Revelation and put his own spin on it or is this a case of my antichrist is bigger than your antichrist?

Yes, that so-called "defending themselves" are the Muslim Conquests, which were actually offensive campaigns. You know, like you said, Islam must take over the planet. lol

Unfortunately, we have Muslims who decide which are innocent and which are not.

In reality, we say Islam is false.

That's why Islam is so dangerous to societies.

No, it is Islam that is against everything else.

We already know the truth, Islam is as dangerous as it is false.

10. knolyourself profile image60

Where does your oil come from?

Partly from the Middle East, but mostly domestic.

1. profile image0

Don't forget Canada.

Yeah, you're right.  Canada is a major supplier.  We are currently slant drilling and taking it.  Not with the current Administrations approval.

1. profile image0

It's not like the Canadians could stop you.

Well, they are not stopping me.  But you are correct.

11. knolyourself profile image60

"America's oil actually comes from a variety of places. In June of 2009, 36 percent of America's oil came from domestic sources."...
    "A whopping 64 percent of the oil America used in June of 2009 was imported. However, the major source of America's oil imports may surprise you. It's Canada. Twenty-one percent of the oil imported to the United States in June of 2009 came from Canada, making Canada the largest single-country source of foreign oil for the United States." ...
    "Despite Canada (which is stable and friendly to American interests) being the largest foreign source of oil and gas for the United States, Ottawa still doesn't produce the majority of oil America imports. That distinction belongs to the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, or OPEC. The 11 OPEC member nations span the globe and include oil-rich nations like Saudi Arabia and Venezuela. In June of 2009, OPEC supplied 40 percent of the oil that was imported to the United States [source: Energy Information Administration]."

I stand before you corrected.  But, we do not steal their land and take their oil reserves.  They do come for our open markets and profit themselves by doing so.

I think that you may listen to Ron Paul's speech in which he described the reason for a violent world that we see today.  I don't think he is so wrong to ask that countries must restrict their presence to their own countries instead of having presence in 130 countries and pretending that they all begged for it.  He gave the example of China having military presence in USA and asking people to think how would they feel about it.

I agree:
          I do believe that we have a presence in other countries that needs to be greatly reduced by future administrations.  We cannot be the world police system through the United Nations either.  We need to re-evaluate our presence in many middle eastern countries, to include other countries as well.

larryprice-- I really appreciate your neutrality. May God bless you and may we have a peaceful world for us and our children.  Difference in faith should never be a reason to hate each other.

Thank You Majid.  May your God bless you also.
              I believe Allah and Jehovah are the same God, its a matter of scripture.  Thats a whole new discussion.

God Bless...

price-- Exactly-- God is the same but people like to call him with different names.  But He after all is the creator of the Universe and of all that is found in it.

2. FlyingBick profile image60
                FlyingBickposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Most  scholars agree that Jesus spoke ancient Aramaic. The term used for God in ancient Aramaic was "Allaha". So when Jesus Poke of God, he likely called him Allaha. You are correct in what you say Larry.

You are correct.  I don't want to open the subject here.  I'll do a little reading and share it later though.

3. Claire Evans profile image62
                Claire Evansposted 11 years agoin reply to this

How can they be one and the same? The one has a son, the other doesn't.  The Son is died for our sins yet Muslims believe Jesus was just a prophet.

@evans both r set of believes ...from Muslim perceptive Jesus is in long list of prophets and continuation of Islam...for them Abraham was prophet , so was Moses , so was Jesus and so was Muhammad...continuation...

1. Claire Evans profile image62
                    Claire Evansposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If there are conflicting beliefs here, then the Muslims have to concede that Jesus was a liar.  He was not the son of God.  He said the only way to the Father was through Him.  Jesus came to testify to the truth.  One set of beliefs is wrong if you are going to argue that Allah and God is one and the same.  If you look into the history of Mohammed, you would learn that Allah was the supreme moon god of many gods and Mohammed decided to use this Allah only to create a monotheistic religion.  In a nutshell, Allah is a pagan god.

I'm very familiar with that.  However, Jesus was not as Prophet, he in fact claimed to be GOD (Allah), and it's yet to be disproved.

We will see at the end of time.

2. profile image0

Look we all know why the U.S. goes into the middle east. OIL... OIL and OIL. Why did G.W. Bush go so heavily into Iraq? Ah... his Dad's in the Oil business.

Did oil prices come down.  NO.  That say is so unfounded and cheap.
              It is NOT about oil and control of it.  Maybe a free flow of it globally, but not a personal or national intent to control.

1. profile image0

Ha. Look at countries the U.S. invades. These are all counties with oil. Do you think the Bush family doesn't make money controlling oil?

It is the intent of the US Government to intervene when the free flow of oil is in danger.  That is why we engaged Irag with the UN as Desert Storm.  Since the Democrats created the United Nations we and the UN have become the World Police.

It's not about our controlling anything.  It is in fact, that we help to control world interests.

1. profile image0

No arguments here. I would like every country to have the same separation of Church and state that my country has. People claim Canada's oil is dirty, but the Saudi oil is dirty and immoral.

12. mrnasir profile image57
    mrnasirposted 11 years ago

If you really think that teachings of Quran are not right then what you say on this:
    Quran is not a book of algebra or geometry but is a collection of rules which guides human beings to the right way, the way which the greatest philosophers are unable to decline it.(Albert Einstein)
    Dr. Johan Wolfgang Von Goethe (German Poet): In 1832 said, for long years, priests prevented us understanding Quran realities and greatness of its bringer, but by improvement of sciences this book will take human attention to it and become axis of thoughts.
    http://www.roshd.org/eng/beliefs/?bel_code=112
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_100

1. profile image0

Really? The Quran describes the shape of the earth as like an egg. The earth is clearly not shaped like an egg and as a matter of fact it's the opposite of an egg. If this description was from God then it would be perfect and God would have found a word or words that describe the shape and size of the earth. For this reason you need to rethink your perception of reality.

what if eggs were rounder in those days? we will never know.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7188102_f248.jpg

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
          Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good grief! what a stretch. Why can't you guys just be honest and admit your majik book was wrong?

No wonder your religion causes so many conflicts.

it's not wrong Mark.

religion does not cause conflicts ... ppl do.

1. profile image0

Yes, I'll give you this. Religious people do cause conflict.

Devils create more!

1. profile image0

Take credit and blame where it's due. Blaming the devil is a complete cope out. There is no devil so we should take the blame for our actions.

2. profile image0

Of course we know, we have fossil records of eggs going back to dinosaurs and guess what? No round eggs because... wait for it... they would hurt to much coming out. Eggs are shaped like they are for a reason. Not only are you telling me it's okay to rape a 9 year old if she is mature, know your telling me eggs used to be round.

thanks for the info ... didn't know that about eggs. i just put it out there as a possibility... i never said that it was definite.

until 100 or 200 years ago people thought the earth was flat ... we knew it was round or egg shaped ... then the world figured out it was round and now they fight over the details ... the main thing is to understand that we have been given hints ... they could be 100% accurate or 50% accurate... but they give you the main idea ... and after some research you can fill in the details yourself...

about the 9 years age ... you didn't see what i hoped you would see ... that is was accepted even in the west until about 100 years ago to marry at that age ... what father would offer her daughter to a guy to rape? No one would want their child to be raped under any circumstance. early age marriages were common in those days all over the world ...

1. profile image0

Where do you get your information.

It's been 500 years since Christopher Columbus tried to sail around the earth. Europe was pretty much the only place that thought the world was flat before that and that was because Europe was policed by the Catholic church and back then if you spoke out against the teaching of the bible they could have you killed. Sound familiar? I don't know where you got 100 or 200 years ago.

There is nothing in the Quran that show that he had any knowledge that was not known at the time. If God gave that description of the shape of the earth it would have been perfect, but it's not even close. The earth is shaped nothing like any egg. I would think a God would have known that as he would have been the one that created the earth.

Qur’an 2:261 tells us that every ear of corn has 100 grains. This has not been proven scientifically and is more than obviously false.

The Qur’an 86:6-7 says that Fluid comes from between a man's backbone and ribs. Nope.

Muhammad was given a revelation from the angel Gabriel as to why a child resembles the father sometimes, and other times the mother. The angel told him that it depends on which parent reaches their intimate climax first during conception (Bukhari 4:546). This has been disproved by genetics.

51:49, says of life in creation, "And of everything we have created pairs that ye may reflect" (see also 43:12; 50:7). So for all animals they are created in pairs. This is an obvious denial of the fact that numerous species produce asexually, not in pairs.

Rad Man-- your reference 2:261 is wrong as it says that "The parable of those who spend their substance in the way of Allah is that of a grain of corn: it groweth seven ears, and each ear Hath a hundred grains. Allah giveth manifold increase to whom He pleaseth: And Allah careth for all and He knoweth all things." It does not say that the corn ear has 100 grains. Pls read it again.

86:6-7 is answered in detail in following link-- pls read.  The translation of Arabic words into other languages sometimes create room for such objections.
                http://yahyasnow.wordpress.com/2009/08/ … roduction/

Regarding 51:49-- it does not say that God created everything out of a female and male. It only says that all the things are in  pairs. A pair of shoe is not male and female and similarly the pairs can be day/night, good/bad, true/false, active/unactive. To assume Quran meant it to be female and male, is after all an assumption.

If you have to prove Quran wrong-- you have to go beyond minor translation errors.  Its a whole ideology which you have to prove that takes a society towards problems than solutions.

Toss him up dude!  Good reply.

2. profile image0

I'm confused, so forgive me. but I'll cut and past a bit here.
                  You said I'm wrong because "It does not say that the corn ear has 100 grains." But your reference stats "and each ear Hath a hundred grains." It appears to me that I am correct.

Regarding 51:49 - Well if it's not just referring to males and females that makes my point better. Off hand I can name hundreds of things that don't come in pairs. I have a few body parts that do not come in pairs. I have A dog. I have A computer. Pair means two so even hair does not come in pairs. Clouds do not come in pairs, sometimes one, sometimes none, sometimes thousands.

Regarding 86:6-7 - Oh give me a break.

These are not minor translation errors. They show that just like the bible the writers hand no better knowledge the other of the day.

You want me to prove the whole ideology wrong. That's easy. People are being killed because some moron made a stupid movie to cause muslims to riot. And it worked. There are now $100 000 bounties on the head of those responsible for creating the movie.

Don't get me wrong I personally have never meet a Muslim I didn't like, but I've meet Christians I didn't like. But I know they are out there, it's all over the news.

Rad Man-- regarding 51:49. Well if you don't find a body part that is not in pair in your body, try searching in the opposite sex.  Your dog has a pair called bitch. Your computer is not created by God, he is only telling about what he has created. Hair are infect in pair as I had black but now they are white. Clouds and no clouds make a pair (rainy days/sunny days). 

People were killed in much large numbers in Iraq because a country decided to search for Weapons of Mass Destruction and invaded without even the mandate of UN. That does not mean that the democracy is wrong and should be eliminated. I think you are over simplifying things.  Muslim reaction to movie may not be due to movie alone. There may be other reasons behind it.  But most countries only had symbolic reaction of a thousand people out of 180 million protesting (Bangladesh and Indonesia). It was not the entire 1.6 Billion Muslims rioting all over the world. Don't be carried away by media hype.

2. ARSHAD MAJID profile image78

Rad Man-- sorry I missed out to explain you in simple way about the parable that Quran is giving regarding what you spend as charity. Its an example or parable of what you spend not a law of biology that Quran is giving. God is simply telling that if you spend a dollar, you will get 700 dollars worth of credit in heavens-- this is how the gracious God rewards people who spend their money in the way of God (charity).

Funny you should say that. The concept of a spherical earth dates back to 6th century BC by the Greeks. It's all in the research and details. smile

Didn't know that Troubled man ... I always thought it was first described in the Quran... i'll see if i can find the info on that. we never stop learning smile

That's the problem with Islamic propaganda, Muslims believe everything was first described in the Quran. They never learn.

2. twosheds1 profile image60

Actually the Earth is an oblate spheroid, so saying it is shaped like an egg isn't entirely inaccurate, though I would expect better from the culture that invented algebra.

1. profile image0

Perhaps you missed his reply. He said maybe 1500 years ago eggs were round.

1. profile image0
            Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My husband suggests that perhaps they were square, and over the last 1500 years, they've evolved into ovals so they don't break as easily.  I say if they evolved, it was so it wouldn't hurt the chicken as badly coming out!

1. profile image0

I've watch my wife give birth three times. It's all in the shape. If those babies were as wide as they are round we would have been extinct before we started.

1. profile image0

OH, so true!

Wow, how dishonest can you get. The only place that quote shows up is on Islamic propaganda sites, copied and pasted from one site to another, each and every one showing Einstein being born in 1979. lol

You are in fact a forty!

13. mrnasir profile image57

Wow! still some people are saying that Quran is not right.
    I want to ask you one question: Are you more genious than Einstein or are you some great philosopher?
    and why did he say this?
    Quran is not a book of algebra or geometry but is a collection of rules which guides human beings to the right way, the way which the greatest philosophers are unable to decline it.(Albert Einstein)

1. profile image0

Who told you Einstein made those remarks? And who told you philosophers are unable to decline it? I'm not genius but I've found inconsistencies.

Who told you Einstein didn't make those remarks? And if you really think Quran + Islam is not good for humanity then why this is happening:
        According to Guinness Book of World Records, Islam is the world’s fastest-growing religion by number of conversions each year.
        In a recent poll in the (US), 100,000 people per year in America alone, are converting to Islam.
        What you say? Are these people converting to Islam without knowing?

1. profile image0

Please show me a non-islamic site that quotes Einstein saying anything about Islam. I could not find anything.

Wikipedia:

(Buddhism is being recognized as the fastest growing religion in Western societies both in terms of new converts and more so in terms of friends of Buddhism, who seek to study and practice various aspects of Buddhism. As in the United States, Buddhism is ranked among the fastest growing religions in many Western European countries.)

(According to a 2005 paper submitted to a meeting of the American Political Science Association, most of this growth has occurred in non-Western countries, such as Latin America and Africa, and concludes the Pentecostalism movement is the fastest growing religion worldwide.)

(The American Religious Identification Survey gave non-religious groups the largest gain in terms of absolute numbers - 14,300,000 (8.4% of the population) to 29,400,000 (14.1% of the population) for the period 1990 to 2001 in the USA.)

Do you think these numbers matter? Does it make anything right?

I hope this may interest you as well. It is also from Wikipedia.

According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Islam is the world’s fastest-growing religion by number of conversions each year: "Although the religion began in Arabia, by 2002 80% of all believers in Islam lived outside the Arab world. In the period 1990-2000, approximately 12.5 million more people converted to Islam than to Christianity".[3] Part of the books quote can be seen online from this extract from Google Books.[3] This was again shown in the 2005, 50th anniversary edition of Guinness Book of World Records, although the number of conversions was not mentioned this time.[4].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claims_to_ … g_religion

1. profile image0

I don't understand your point. It's my understanding that Islam is a fear based religion making people afraid of what God will do to them if they even question Islam. I just don't understand what the significants of the numbers is?

1. profile image0

Ultimately, there is no significance to numbers when it comes to religion.  Especially if the essential outcome of larger numbers is that there are more proponents of violence.  When people truly convert in order to become better human beings who can make a better world, then it might matter how many of them are converting.

Amen!

"When people truly convert in order to become better human beings who can make a better world, then it might matter how many of them are converting."

I agree.

Rad Man-- you started it. I did not start giving numbers from wikipedia smile.

1. profile image0

no no no. mrnasir started saying Islam was the fasted growing religion so I looked it up and what the results were was it depends of what you mean by the question. He also posted misquotes from Einstein.

Rad Man--  OK... I stand corrected- apologies.

2. profile image0

Furthermore you have misquoted Einstein. I don't blame you for this as you were lied to. Imagine someone of your faith lying to it's own people to convince them that they are right.

This is what Einstein actually says about religion.
          “The insight into the mystery of life, coupled though it be with fear, has also given rise to religion. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive form — this knowledge, this feeling, is at the center of true religiousness, and in this sense only, I belong in the ranks of devoutly religious men. I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after his own — a God, in short, is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear of ridiculous egotism.”

Look for yourself for a non-islamic site that quotes Einstein.

I'm not playing number game. I just asked you that why Islam is the fastest growing religion, why people are accepting this religion,if this religion is not right.
            But I got the answer when you said:
            "It's my understanding that Islam is a fear based religion...."
            + You think Einstein didn't make those remarks about Quran.ok
            but I don't want to prove anything to you. Everything is in front of everyone.

1. profile image0

I don't know why or how and I don't care is Islam is growing. It matters not. How does it make you feel knowing that your own people are knowingly misquoting Einstein for propaganda for Islam. A lie for God. Will you continue doing so know that you know it's a lie?

You didn't answer me that who told you Einstein didn't make those remarks...or is this your thought only?
                AND
                Everyone, who is accepting Islam doesn't matter!
                (This is a very big decision to one's life)
                they are converting to Islam after full research by themselves, not just googling misconceptions about Islam.

1. profile image0

Einstein did NOT say what you said he said. Look it up. You have been lied to by your own people as propaganda for Islam. First of all the quote you mentioned is not in perfect English. Do your research please.

I still don't know your point about numbers. I'm not converting to Islam after my research because my research shows you lie for Islam. Einstein did not say that about Islam! Do your research. Try to find it on Wikipedia.

Wow! what wikipedia says is right and others are wrong...I got your point.
                    Still you didn't answer me that who told you that those remarks are not from Einstein, have you read all his works,books,etc?
                    You think if wiki didn't tell us about that quote then that must be wrong!
                    It's your point of view. Thanks.

14. ARSHAD MAJID profile image78
    ARSHAD MAJIDposted 11 years ago

Chaire Evans-- I think the logical approach would be to not believe what a web site says and rather apply common sense.  There are always people who do not agree with you and even among Muslims the Shia sect are not happy with Umar.

That logically means that at least they would not buy the Umar's version of Quran. But that is not the case.

Moreover people have little knowledge of the islamic prayer-- five times a day. It is nothing but recitation of Quran by people who know Quran by heart.

What Umar did was to apply punctuation like (a') in place of (a) and divided Quran into 30 divisions so that it can easily be recited one section per day to be completed in the whole month.

Umra did collected all the versions that were without the punctuation and ordered to be burnt but that was only in his area of rule-- not uptil Libya and Iran. If there were other versions of Quran, we must have found them in Africa or Iran. Specially when Iranian Shia are the biggest critic of Umar. So, if we apply common sense and remain unbiased, we would know that the promise of God to preserve Quran in its original form is been fulfilled.

@arshad yes oldest quran has been found which is different that current one but largely essence is same and this quran which was found is not written 150 yrs till death of Muhammad...

coming to versions of quran as per shias believe original quran is 3 times of current one and mahdi would bring that quran back...

pisean-- I don't know whether you are doing it on purpose or you are truly un-aware. It is very hard for me to believe because you live in a country where 1/5 is a Muslim to be so unaware.

Quran was written during Umar's times and punctuation was added to it. Now Umar was the second Caliph after Abu Bakr which means that Abu Bakr ruled for 150 years. And if he got the Caliphate at age 50, it would mean that his age was 200 years when he died according to your claim.

Regarding Shias, there is no such claim by their clergy who now are very much institutionalized in Iran.

I would expect that instead of jumping from one topic to another-- you would seriously try to provide proof of your claims.

When Mohammad left the World, it was already  23 years passed since first verse arrived.  With daily recitation of Quran in all the mosques in entire mulsim population during his times, and even till today, it was literally impossible for any misunderstanding to arrise.

Muslims today like any other religion suffer from sectarianism, but the magic is that all all the sects believe in same Quran accpet your's which believe in another one-- but I guess you are Hindu.

And I am not talking about a version that has another chapter or even sentence-- I am talking about two Muslims fighting over a single word that they feel is wrong in present day Quran.  So much so that even the Ahmadi's  self acclaimed prophet never claimed it.

Moreover;  it is written in Quran that the previous books were altered so, God says that he will make sure that nobody would alter the Quran. That promise is now very much fulfilled as there is no sect in Islam which had a Quran that is different. They only differ in interpretation of it which is not so major issue. 

The Prophet Mohammad made sure that he prepares an army of Hafiz-- the people who memorized every sentence from the day Quran started to reveal sentence by sentence. Which was as a fool proof system of safeguarding Quran. Those Hafiz spread to far corners of the world even when Mohammad was alive and made others to memorize it.

But I guess you are not here to learn.... instead try to take out your grudge against Islam otherwise you would have discussed something with proof.

2. pisean282311 profile image64
      pisean282311posted 11 years ago

@arshad u got my point wrongly.....the oldest quran found (not written)...the oldest quran found is around 150 yrs after death of muhammad...i hope u get me....i didnt say it is first quran to be written...i am saying it is oldest in the world currently to be found...it yemeni quran...thats oldest currently...

One of the three Qur'ans issued by Uthman is, according to Islamic tradition, preserved at Tashkent. The Topkapi manuscript in Istanbul is also considered to have been commissioned by Uthman.[43]

Wikipedia

By the way no matter what the non-muslims may claim about the authenticity of Quran and its supposed versions, It would be a miracle for Umar to collect all the versions of Quran from Morocco to Iran and burn them such that no version was left remaining with any remote tribe of Muslims-- who just refuse to accept Umar's version.  Umar has to be a magician to do that.

Further more-- to erase the Quran from the minds of so many Hafiz from far corners of the World and make them to memorize his own version, such that no one resists.

Don't you think you are asking for too much....

Well; I think you got the point that if Umar wanted any different version, there were a lot of supporters of Ali who may have carried on with the original version, especially in Iran where the Shia had their majority and power.

Now I once again explain that Umar put the punctuations for the safety of meanings and nobody ever objected to what he was doing as was nothing wrong with it. Further more he asked people to burn the copies which did not had the punctuation as those copies were no long required. And that is the reason why there was no uproar. Otherwise there would be another war among the Muslims as no Muslim wold allow any alteration to Quran.

But while Umar was doing it, the Hafiz who were as far as Morocco and Tashqand, were not even aware of it. There was no reason for them to de-memorize the original version of Quran and memorize Umar's version if both were different.

I once again beg you to use common sense instead of bias towards a religion.

@arshad where does common sense come into picture in scientific finding?...yemen quran is oldest found...that is the claim made by scientist..disputed by none...now it is common sense to accept it,isnt it?...i dont know why u need to write so long sentences on closed matter...yemeni quran is oldest quran found in undisputed finding...

now coming to ur main point...quran is unaltered...ok let us consider it is unaltered...so what does it prove?...2000 years down the line someone finds say fountain head unaltered...so?...in end it means nothing then quest of our ancestors like muhammad or jesus or moses to find answers ...thats it...it proves nothing beyond that...quran or bible or torah are mere attempts...

that brings back to question of topic...do u think muhammads verses are evil and my answer to that is No ....verses are humans attempt to address questions which haunts humans since he began to think...

pisean-- my friend, I just want to bring to your knowledge that the Wikipedia disputed the claim. Following is an extract from Wikipedia.

"In 651, 19 years after the death of Muhammad, Uthman commissioned a committee to produce a standard copy of the text of Quran (see Origin and development of the Quran).[1] Five of these original Qurans were sent to the major Muslim cities of the era, with Uthman keeping one for his own use in Medina. The only other surviving copy are held in Topkapı Palace, in Turkey.[1][1]

Uthman was succeeded by Ali, who took the Uthman Quran to Kufa, now in Iraq. When Tamerlane destroyed the area, he took the Quran to his capital, Samarkand, as a treasure. It remained there for four centuries until, in 1868, when the Russians invaded, captured the Quran and brought it back to the Imperial Library in St. Petersburg (now known as the Russian National Library)."

Usman's Qurans found in Turkey and Samarkand seem to be oldest according to above extract as Usman's period is only 19 years after Mohammad.

Now can you please explain the story of 150 years that you mentioned in two of your posts.  One I am copy pasting for your convenience.

@arshad u got my point wrongly.....the oldest quran found (not written)...the oldest quran found is around 150 yrs after death of muhammad...i hope u get me....i didnt say it is first quran to be written...i am saying it is oldest in the world currently to be found...it yemeni quran...thats oldest currently.

3. Greek One profile image62
      Greek Oneposted 11 years ago

I think all his verses reek of insolence and conceit... but are not necessarily evil....

"I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was"

"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark."

"If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize."

Muhammad Ali

Ha Ha Ha!  That was the Mohammad Ali we know.
        I think there is probably not much difference between thier egos, and Ali was not a prophet.  So he falls short here.

I am a great fan of the WWF and I don't remember a single wrestler who at any stage of his carrier has not said that he is the "greatest or best", but I agree that a Muslim (Muhammad Ali) should not give such a stupid statement. I think all the Muslims will be with you on this one.

1. twosheds1 profile image60

I don't think anyone took Ali's statements seriously. They were obviously just entertaining hyperbole. I like the light swtich one, though!

2. profile image0

It is my understanding that Ali converted as an adult. I don't think he was a muslim at heart.

4. ITcoach profile image58
      ITcoachposted 11 years ago

I can't believe on this false statement. As Muhammad was only the messenger of God as it was mentioned in the Luca Bible. And Islam is the religion that is brought by the messenger Muhammad. And According to Islam Killing of innocents is a crime. Like the America did in First world war, 2nd world war Iraq, Afghanistan war.

No country resembles the religion policies. It is done by its own. In the same way teachings of Muhammad was not even about killing it was about to love God and its creatures. I hope you will consider after research

Your point is well taken: as to, "Muhammad was not about killing it was about to love God and its creatures", I say look at the link I've placed above concerning Surah 9.5, which is about killing Infidels and non-believers after a certain time.

That was ungodly, unloving, etc., and unfortunately, the radical arm of Islam administers that Surah of the Quran.

5. ARSHAD MAJID profile image78

larryprice-- thanks for discussing verse 9--5, I am posting the 9--6 and 9--13 so that people may develop some idea about how carefully these verses are singled out, sometimes even from the proceeding verses to give a certain intended impression.   

And if anyone of the idolaters seeketh thy protection (O Muhammad), then protect him so that he may hear the Word of Allah, and afterward convey him to his place of safety. That is because they are a folk who know not. ----------Pithal's translation 9--6

Will ye not fight a folk who broke their solemn pledges, and purposed to drive out the messenger and did attack you first? What! Fear ye them? Now Allah hath more right that ye should fear Him, if ye are believers. ------------Pithal's translation 9--13

Quran is not in the book form with an index of topics, it is infect a compilation of different instructions that came in 23 years on different situations.  The study of Quran is incomplete unless the student does not read the historical reference of the verses. The 13th verse clearly explains that it is about a certain group who broke the treaty to not take part in the killing of Muslims and not for all the infidels.  The 6th even says to recite Quran to them and drop them to their places of  safety, if they seek protection. 

Moreover the ninth chapter is the 'Chapter Forgiveness' which got its name from the discussion of three companions of the Prophet PBUH who refused to take part in jihad. They were criticized for their cowardliness for not joining the rest of the companions. If you go back to verse 13, you will find God giving justification for the war.  Usually the military punishes the soldiers who run away from fighting but they were only warned and later pardoned with no punishment at all. Infect it even gives an example that in case of refusal to fight in a war, there is no specific worldly punishment in Quran like the court martial that we find in modern times. Similarly the revenge is Islam is only limited to damage suffered and not like sending a weak defenseless country to stone age etc.

As 9.6 states "if any of the adolaters seeketh thy protection (O Muhammad) then protect him...", I take your point to mean Surah 9.5 addressed persons whom have failed out of cowardliness to fight in the name of Allah.  If that is correct, then you are correct to say that 9.5 does not direct Islam to destroy infidels for failing to believe in Allah.  Right?  And, also it seems you indicate that a person who seeks Allah's protection, even though he may have been cowardly and not fought, it protected/foregiven?  This being Allah's love for all humankind!

larry-- 9--5 is about killing the infidels who broke the treaty by joining hands in the killing of Muslims. The Muslims are advised to wait for the sacred months  to pass before to take revenge. But even those infidels-- if accept Islam are to be forgiven, otherwise Muslims were told to fight and revenge for deceiving Muslims with whom they had a treaty of not attacking or helping in attack on each other.

And regarding fighting in the name of Allah, I have to tell you that we even drink water in the name of Allah.  If a Muslim does not even drink water without mentioning the name of Allah, how can you expect him to fight to take revenge without taking the name of Allah.  And Allah wanted to preserve the people who believed in Him so, he asked them to fight for survival.

Regarding protection-- its about the infidels who ask Muhammad for protection-- Allah is advising Muhammad to not only give them protection but also drop them to their homes or other places they feel safe at.

Regarding protection: it appears as if Muhammed is being given instruction by Allah to protect them who seek protection, but you say an Infidel must accept Islam too, in order to get protection.  This is what a Christian would object too.

We would also reject death as punishment for not applying ourselves to an Islamic form of worshiping our God, which is Jehovah.

larry-- matters like these need a discussion outside a hyper blog but I hope that this will provide you with some food for thought that Islam nowhere tells to kill infidels as a service to God and chapter nine only discuses about a certain group who broke the treaty and killed Muslims. So, those very Muslims were told to fight back.  Now that concludes the blame that Quran asks Muslims to kill all infidels.

Regarding your second issue about your God not allowing to kill-- we the Muslims are in a state of confusion. We don't know if the God of Old Testament is the same God as Jehovah. If not-- why did Jehovah said that he and God are same? Secondly the Old Testament even goes up to the extent of advising to kill all those who do not worship your God. (Exodus 22-20). Now if Old Testament is rejected by the Christians then why it is still part of bible.

"The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule.  Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding.  Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter."

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran … olence.htm

1. profile image0

I just had to bookmark that site! Scary.

Troubled Man-- Yes but we just solved 9--5 by mentioning 9--6 and 13. If you can come up with some verse, I will be glad to solve one by one-- all the proclaimed 109 verses which you found out from an internet site.  that off-course you did not had time to check and confirm from Quran.

You didn't solve anything, you merely offered the same rhetoric we always here from Muslims when those verses are brought up.

I've read the Quran. Thanks.

A Troubled Man-- anti-Islam activists don't bring up the verse 9--5 anymore if they find someone quoting the 9--6 and 9--13 and posting a site to check one's self (www.searchtruth.com).

2. profile image0

Well taken from http://quran.com.

8:12 [Remember] when your Lord inspired to the angels, "I am with you, so strengthen those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip."

and then followed by 8:17 to relieve any guilt one might have for the above holy war. And to put it in context from what I understand it was a holy war.

And you did not kill them, but it was Allah who killed them. And you threw not, [O Muhammad], when you threw, but it was Allah who threw that He might test the believers with a good test. Indeed, Allah is Hearing and Knowing.

3. profile image0

Oh and BTW, I did match up the quotes from the site ATM posted and they in fact match.

Rad Man-- I am sorry to say but I feel your posts quite childish.

6. profile image0
      Lybrahposted 11 years ago

Mohummad was a deceived deceiver.  Demons helped him write the Koran, and he was NOT visited by the archangel Gabriel or Jesus!

Lybrah-- thanks for reading my post and taking part in the discussion. May peace be upon you ....

7. ARSHAD MAJID profile image78

Mark Knowles-- You have to have the courage to put up a question first. Dont start to cry before you put a question as to what will happen if you put up a question. Show some courage ....and say all that in your replies. Lets see how much courage you have to hear the truth and criticism to your baseless accusations.

Ah - now I am a coward as well as a racist?

I see I have hit a nerve - haven't I? I asked you the question. You have avoided the answer and attacked me instead..

This is why your religion causes so many conflicts.

Mark Knowles--  You are one ideal case of attention seeker. You have to come up with some proof of your claims first for me to answer with proof. Otherwise-- try your luck somewhere else, I know you need attention.

Ah - now I am an attention seeker as well? That is 3 insults you have thrown at me because I asked a simple question. You are not convincing me that your religion is anything other than aggressive.

Why does Islam teach that women must cover themselves?  What is the reasoning behind it?

1. Chip6 profile image57
              Chip6posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Because they have many flies in Islamic countries, and the Sun is hot there too. Men can manage that, but women, gosh! It was actually created for skin protection.

Some still prefer that over creams.

Mark Knowles-- You are jumping from one question to another. You asked me a question as to why my religion is the reason for all the conflicts in the world. That was like a racist remark to blame some religious group to be the source of all the problems and not supporting your statement by any evidence.

I will answer this baseless blame but with evidence. 

"There was actually a book written recently called the Encyclopedia of Wars. This book, authored by Charles Phillips and Alan Axelrod, documents the history of recorded warfare in the world. From their list of 1763 wars, only 123 have been classified to have involved a religious cause."

Even if we believe that all the 123 religious ones were because of Islam, one has to think about the rest of 1640  to find out-- if they were for natural resources.

Please stop lying about me. I never asked any such question. I asked the reasoning behind the ridiculous notion that Muslim women be required to cover their bodies lest Muslim men rape them.

And please stop insulting my intelligence with such drivel as you have just proposed. I know that lying is an accepted part of your religion, but - really. I am not an agricultural peasant with no education.

No wonder your religion causes so many conflicts. sad

Did you check out the book yourself? Here's a bit of a description of the book I found on Amazon...

"Most of the major European and U.S. conflicts are examined. Coverage for other countries is adequate. A few examples are the Sino-Korean wars, Muslim civil wars..."

http://www.amazon.com/Encyclopedia-Wars … 0816028516

How's that for good, old fashioned evidence? smile

8. Chip6 profile image57
      Chip6posted 11 years ago

TheReligionOfPeace.com: Website Review

"This site lists acts committed around the world – some in wars, some having nothing to do with Islam, but to do with nationalist or political struggles, some in civil wars. No links are given. No sources for any of this just a list of supposed attacks carried out by 'Islamic terrorists'."

http://spencerwatch.com/2012/08/07/ther … on-terror/

9. Chip6 profile image57
      Chip6posted 11 years ago

"Much to my surprise, the Islamic scriptures in the Quran were actually far less bloody and less violent than those in the Bible."

-Philip Jenkins, author of 'Jesus Wars' 
      http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor … =124494788

Ezekiel 9:6 "Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women . . . "

Isaiah 13:16 "Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished."

Deuteronomy 13:15 "Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly . . . "

Leviticus 20:9 "For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death . . . "

Exodus 32:27 ". . . Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour."

Deut 21:10-12 "When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive, And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; "

Exodus 31:15 " . . . whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death."

Deut 21:21 "And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die . . . "
      http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 145AAUreCI

1. profile image0

Oh I'm not saying one book is worse than the other.

r Thank you for speaking objectively away from bigotry I wish you success

Thank you!

10. Healthy Pursuits profile image79
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years ago

So many who have responded to this are going back and forth with scripture, argument and condemnation of the other person. I studied religions when I was younger, and I came to the conclusion that all of the religions mentioned here offer peace and serenity - if people will take it.

But too many people don't take the beauty offered in religions. Instead, they take the self-righteousness and become condemning of all other religions. They all insist - as is being done here - that the other guy is wrong, the other religion is warped and only the religion chosen by the person writing the opinion is the correct way to think.

Islam and Christianity are both vulnerable to the same extremist fundamentalism. Most belief systems are vulnerable to distortion by the human ego. Religion, because of its claim on who has the real God (or Allah), is even more so.

11. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years ago

Let's not forget the Muslim conquests, as well...

Muhammad's campaigns
      Byzantine–Arab Wars: 634–750
      Conquest of Persia and Iraq: 633–651
      Conquest of Transoxiana: 662–751
      Conquest of Sindh: 664–712
      Conquest of Hispania (711–718) and Septimania (719–720)
      Conquest of the Caucasus: 711–750
      End of the Umayyad conquests: 718–750
      Conquest of Nubia: 700–1606
      Incursions into southern Italy: 831–902
      Conquest of Anatolia: 1060–1360
      Byzantine-Ottoman Wars: 1299–1453

Seems like there's just a whole lot of violence and wars surrounding Islam throughout it's entire history.

A Troubled Man--- And now you want some Muslim to post the list of Crusade wars and list of colonial invasions from the Wikipedia. Show some maturity and say some thing with comparative analysis and with some form of evidence. Not a post that ends with "seems like".

That is your defense? It is OK that Islam is a violent, aggressive religion because there is other violence and aggression from other religious groups?

This is how the Christians defend their irrational belief system. It doesn't matter that they spent 2,000 years murdering because Pol Pot was an atheist. lol

"Encyclopedia of Wars written by y Charles Phillips and Alan Axelrod, documents the history of recorded warfare in the world. From their list of 1763 wars, only 123 have been classified to have involved a religious cause."

So, religion is the cause of all wars-- turns out to be another myth.

Please stop lying about me. I know that lying is the cornerstone of your moral code, but - I never said that.

But - you do agree - Islam is a violent aggressive religion. It just doesn't matter, because there are other violent aggressive philosophies. That so?

Mark Knowles-- than may be Islam is not turning out to be so submissive to those other violent aggressive philosophies that you mention like the new world order may be.

Now it is the New World order that caused Islam to slaughter hundreds of thousands of people hundreds of years ago?

All the other guy's fault huh? You sound like a Christian. wink This is the true evil of your religion - it causes you to hold it above a relationship with a real person. You prefer to treat me poorly and lie about me rather than have a genuine conversation with me.

Mark Knowles--  Now that we know that wars were fought for greed, there is no reason to but blame on any religion.

I think when we make religion an escape goat, we actually support the greedy people who like to invade and kill for material gains.

You just told me 123 wars were fought for religious reasons. But - to be more fair - people who believe in Majikal Invisible Super Beings are very easily manipulated to do murder in the name of these gods. Thus - religion is at fault. I mean - if they will believe Majikal tales of Virgins in Heaven - they will believe anything.

What do you think?

You talk about maturity, but go on to make yet another childish fabrication.

No, religion is not the cause of ALL wars, but most certainly the cause of many wars, and Islam was the cause of some of those wars.

That would only serve to show how many more wars were fought in the name of your religion along with others.

I gave you plenty of evidence of your religions history and the violence it wrought.

Maturity, indeed.

its the clash of loyaltes not beacuse of islam >>>> beacuse  the only winner is the goverment  since the bigenning   >>>

12. ARSHAD MAJID profile image78

Mark-- Acceptable behavior in Islam is one that is promoted by Quran.  Now if Islam says that fighting to spread the word of God is ordered to Muhammad alone and he according to Islam is the last prophet, then I don't understand your fears that Muslims will follow another prophet.

Moreover Muhammad leaves behind the 'laws of engagement' which prohibits Muslims to commit any aggression.  I think that its a favor to entire mankind that he did,  who can read and benefit from the Quran.

I see - so - what you are saying is that Mohammed is the only Muslim that went to war?

All by himself? No one else took up the sword to spread the word of god?

I cannot benefit from your book. I find your morals reprehensible and the practice of treating women as you do to be offensive, but IO am glad there were never any Muslim wars after Mohammed died - right?

Still waiting to know why Muslim women are ordered to cover up and the proof and evidence you have for this god that you claim exists. Odd how aggressive your brothers are though. Are these real Muslims?

http://wp.me/p2Jz2C-6W

1. ishtariraq profile image61

okay the cover  come  for keeping safe from wanted  eyes  that time as any nun  dosnt they  cover them selves ????  but we are free to cover or not   as its for me im not coverd !!!!! and its fine but i will  when i want  to ...even the holy virgin was  use to cover herself  beacuse that time  the cover  make them  special than  cheep meat if  can say ... but you are free to belive what you want to  beacuse   the  riligion to god and the land belong to every one.... ohh god or alah  is the creatur  or as you say the father   (same)>>> blessed be

If "fighting" is acceptable behavior in order to promote Islam, it is not a religion of peace, nor would it teach any kind of acceptable morals and ethics such that there will ever be anything other than violence promoted with those who don't accept Islam.

13. ARSHAD MAJID profile image78

Mark-- I only said that the verse you mentioned only allows Muhammad to go to war to spread the word of God.

And let me correct you that it is not just Islam whose dress code for women includes a head scarf, infect all the three Abrahimic religions have the same dress code so, please don't single out Islam. Secondly even mine and your grandmother use to wear the head scarf so, you can find the answer in your own history instead of asking any other.

Again if you put this question as a separate question, you can easily get response from all three Abrahimic religions and specially women as this is a matter pertaining to women and I am sure they can explain you better. Being men, I never did much research but if you are interested in this women's issue, as some women.

I see - so all Muslims can go to war to spread the word of god? And this should reassure me in some way?

In the West - we largely reject the notion of forcing our women to cover up.

You avoided the question though. I don't blame you - I ask tough questions. But - worry not, I am a non-denominational anti-religionist.  You sound like a politician. Come on - tell me why Islam forces it's women folk to cover themselves. I am not interested in what Christianity says. That has no bearing on Islam.

Mark Knowles-- I don't like to talk back in your style but I feel that you suffer from paranoia.

You think that every Muslim woman who wears a hijab is because of a man.
          You think any woman defending hijab over internet, is a member of some trained group whose job is to defend Islam or a man posting as a woman.

Regarding the proof of God..... you can read another hub of mine http://arshadmajid.hubpages.com/hub/Evolutioner

If the whole Universe fails to serve as a proof of its creator--- I find helpless to provide a bigger proof.

Oddly - The Universe only offers proof that The Universe exists. Not that the FSM created it. sad

So now I am - according to you - a racist, coward, self promoter and paranoid.

Good job on avoiding all my questions.

How very brave of you. Hardly surprising your religion causes so much conflict. Strangely - according to you - Mohamud told you not to do this.

Mark Knowles-- I agree that I have no right to call you a  racist, a coward, a self promoter and a paranoid. But you have all the right to call my religion as evil. I envy your life.

I still don't understand why you don't post your questions over hubpages-- if you are so honest about finding answers instead of running after me.

Big difference. I am being honest - you are not. I am not running after you - you are here to push your religion, so I ask you.

I see no proof of God there, only proof of ignorance of the world around you.

Of course the Universe isn't any proof of a creator, that's just a false conclusion based on your religious beliefs. Your religion lies to you and it teaches you to lie.

You should discard it immediately for all the harm it causes you.

14. ARSHAD MAJID profile image78

as some women = ask some women

15. healthyfitness profile image73
      healthyfitnessposted 11 years ago

I dont think they are "evil" but I do believe they encourage ignorance and hinder the advancement of society.

16. G Miah profile image79
      G Miahposted 11 years ago

There's no point arguing here.

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, Alhamdulillah! These reverts studied the Quran and the teaching of Muhammad (peace be upon him). I'm sure they had similar thoughts like some people in this forum.

Allah is the most Merciful and the most Gracious. He guides who he wants, so there are people who are deaf and blind to the truth. Insha Allah (God willing) one day the earth will only be Muslims living on earth and not a single person will be non Muslim. The truth hurts doesn't it?

I suggest people go and do some research from authentic websites and imams and find out the truth about Islam and then criticise the true religion. There are many websites and books written by Jews and Christians about Islam and they are all misleading and wrong.

The end.

1. profile image0

So much for religious tolerance.

2. Disappearinghead profile image60

Islam's rapid expansion is simply explained by rapid population growth of the Islamic World. Col Ghadafi famously proclaimed that Europe would become Muslim by Muslims out breeding the infidels. It's simple maths that if Western people's have 2.2 children per family and Muslims 8 children, Islam will be seen as rapidly expanding.

The day that Islam rules the World is the day that democracy, freedom of conscience and speech will end. Islam is little different from the oppressive and abusive medieval Catholic Church. One can only hope Islam will one day catch up with civilisation. If you think Islam is not abusive go ad speak to the Taliban, the Iranian regime, and the Wahabis.

3. A Troubled Man profile image58

Yes, birth rates in the Muslim are out of control, no family planning.

lol Sorry, that is not a truth, that is a delusion.

We are quite able to understand Islam, that's why we reject it. The end.

17. G Miah profile image79
      G Miahposted 11 years ago

http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic … -not-round

Above is an American Scientific website describing the roundness of the earth. read it and learn.

1. profile image0

We know the earth is round, the first like in the link says "As countless photos from space can attest, Earth is round—the "Blue Marble," Blue marble, not blue egg.

Typical that you can't even get past the first paragraph, never mind the whole article or chapter in the case of the Quran.

1. profile image0

Okay, I just read the entire thing.

"Isaac Newton first proposed that Earth was not perfectly round. Instead, he suggested it was an oblate spheroid—a sphere that is squashed at its poles and swollen at the equator. He was correct and, because of this bulge, the distance from Earth's center to sea level is roughly 21 kilometers (13 miles) greater at the equator than at the poles."

An oblate spheroid is not the shape of any egg. No egg was mentioned in the description of the shape of the earth in the link you provided.

Thanks for the link, it DOES NOT describe the earth as an egg.

Didn't see that one coming, did you? lol

18. ishtariraq profile image61
      ishtariraqposted 11 years ago

To be frank I must say that all religions are similar and they came to Tndeim life and society and the Prophet Muhammad was a simple man and creating a great did not like hurt or neck and he was saying that religion is advice that is to say no compulsion!!!!!But that is the fault of the policy being made ​​religion played interests and true Islam is innocent and suggested only read the Qur'an to illustrate similarities between the sacred scriptures

19. Soozie Crumcakes profile image61
      Soozie Crumcakesposted 11 years ago

In the USA, we have freedom of religion. Anyone can worship as their conscience leads, and I do not have anything to say bout it. Neither do you.

with all respect
        And if we want to judge one whatever, anywhere
        Must be a complete our information first because judgment without knowledge hated thing

1. Soozie Crumcakes profile image61
          Soozie Crumcakesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Your translation program is letting you down. You get what you pay for.

no  need to be harsh with me soozie  >>>only   when you could  use arabic better than me  >>>> any way  its not the point  ... your respond   is hurting  and thanks  for been kind so much

20. ishtariraq profile image61

We must move away from intolerance and not confuse Securities and keep religion away from politics .....And if we want to judge one whatever, anywhere

Must be our information Full first because judgment without knowledge something hated I love everyone who deals with humanity whatever their religion or shape or affiliation For example I'm Around  by >>>>Christians and Jews,,,,,,, and Aesidein (((Satanists))))) and love them all because they my family

1. profile image0

Great Idea, lets keep religion away from politics. No more Muslims states.

then you dont have problims with ..Missionary campaigns ....Crusader????
          weel   i think  wev dont need  any christian states  too

1. profile image0

A good solid separation between all churches and states.

happy to know  congrats

21. Monisa Ahmed profile image59
      Monisa Ahmedposted 11 years ago

Think before you speak larryprice. You make absolutely no sense what you are talking about. You define the media as the truth? You are not even close to what you watch. Do not create inappropriate sentence to hurt feelings of mankind. Never blame people without thinking to the point. If you do not know the truth then leave it to God, if you are not satisfied then do a true research about it.

22. ishtariraq profile image61

what is the point here from makethe blaim  so if he was  good or even  bad  why we must  hate or fight     god will leat us know in the end of time
      i see that every one is right  in sumway  and it dos not make us better  if the others  was wrong
      live  and leave the others live without  hate 
      that makes me wish if  all riligions  dissapear  from earth 
      please wish  the war  end soon in my home

23. mrnasir profile image57
      1. profile image0

It's my understand that Muhammad was a military leader, is that who you think should assume the dictatorship over the modern world.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but are these not his words?

Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 327: - “Allah said, ‘A prophet must slaughter before collecting captives. A slaughtered enemy is driven from the land. Muhammad, you craved the desires of this world, its goods and the ransom captives would bring. But Allah desires killing them to manifest the religion.’

Tabari 9:69  "Killing Unbelievers is a small matter to us"

Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 992: - "Fight everyone in the way of Allah and kill those who disbelieve in Allah."

What do you think? These famous intelligent people didn't have enough knowledge before making statements about Islam, or your know more than these people:
          http://www.gainpeace.com/index.php?opti … Itemid=105
          Do you have more knowledge than Michael H.Hart?
          Hart decided to choose Muhammad over Jesus or Moses. Hart attributes this to the fact that Muhammad was "supremely successful" in both the religious and secular realms.(wikipedia)
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_H._Hart

2. mrnasir profile image57

And for your question I just want to say Quran is the most authentic book.
          Here is your answer from Quran:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COYI0095A6I

1. profile image0

So I was right Muhammad was a military leader who describes killing and a lack of compassion in detail. I have to say perhaps you should read a little of the NT where Jesus only preaches love and compassion. I am no longer a Christian however his message is clear.

I think you just read about his wars.Try to read His other aspects also.
              What do you think?Hart didn't know anything...
              Why Michael H.Hart said all this:
              "The central human figure of Islam, regarded by Muslims as a prophet of God and the last messenger. Active as a social reformer, diplomat, merchant, philosopher, orator, legislator, military leader, humanitarian, philanthropist."
              http://www.onislam.net/english/shariah/ … oints.html

1. Disappearinghead profile image60

Jesus never advocated killing and slaughtering his enemies, why do you think Muuhammed did?

2. profile image0

Why do you bring up what others think? And why should I look past all of his descriptions of how to kill non-believers from a military leader who was trying to empower his people to kill? And why should I look past him marrying a 7 years old?

You would think a guy to talks to God and Angels would have known better?

You didn't answer my question. I think You don't  want to listen anything positive about Islam just want to argue and ........
                  OK just tell me one thing:

http://pwg.gsfc.nasa.gov/istp/outreach/ … scons.html
                  Chapter 21:v33: "It is Allah who has created the night and the day,the sun and the moon,each one travelling in orbit with its own motion."

Search yourself everything then tell me
                  How Quran said that sun is also moving which science discovered recently.

1. profile image0

Sorry, don't you see the Qur'an states that he sun revolves around the earth. It doesn't say the earth has an orbit, it says the sun has an orbit and that's why we have day and night. The sun orbiting in the centre of the galaxy takes millions of years and has nothing to do with night and day. Night and day is a result of our orbit around the sun which is not mentioned in your quote.

Your quote is explaining night and day and did it improperly.

SUN REVOLVES AROUND THE EARTH???
                      I haven't written that,read it carefully and I'm talking about another thing.
                      Just answer a simple question: I'm repeating...
                      How Quran said that sun is also moving which science discovered recently.

24. ishtariraq profile image61
    25. ishtariraq profile image61

as im sorry to all 
      http://youtu.be/nt2eR194G-4

You can't be serious posting that link here. See what she says at 3:24.

2. Disappearinghead profile image60

And the point of the posting of this YouTube is....?

It's probably fortunate that she wasn't pointing out all the letting of infidel blood verses from the Quran because she'd be dead by now.

26. Monisa Ahmed profile image59

Ok, this conversation is getting interesting. Now i ask you larryprice, troubled man and rad man, who is your god?? We know the bible speaks about god, Jesus himself believed and worshipped god.. you all talk about god......do you have any idea who is your god???

Since no gods have ever revealed themselves, we can safely conclude we have no god. No one does, including you.

27. Monisa Ahmed profile image59

So much thinking so this simple question??? I believe you all must be researching about your god?

28. Monisa Ahmed profile image59

Then who possibly build the stars, galaxies and the universe?? Who created this intelligent mankind? Who possibly govern things around us? Who is the one who created angels? Who has created the Satan? Who had created the hell and the heaven???

No "one".

Ignorant men who believed in myths and superstitions.

29. Monisa Ahmed profile image59

You do not speak to the point. I asked you who is the "one"? Can you prove it? You speak about god, larryprice speaks about god, then prove who is god? You talk about hell and the heaven, who made this infinite structures which man's eyes cannot see?

There is no "one".

30. Monisa Ahmed profile image59

What? Can't you explain this simple thing? The bible talks about Jesus, god, angels and the Satan..you believe in bible? If you say that there is no god then you yourself are proving your bible wrong...

No, I don't.

The Bible, as does the Quran, prove themselves wrong.

31. Monisa Ahmed profile image59

How can you say this without thinking, without researching? How can you say that the bible and the quran is wrong? You admire bible and spoke about it in earlier conversation, yet you say that the bible is not right? You deny the whole of mankind without thinking? Then why do you speak about bible?

Simple, they are both books of myth and superstition.

32. Monisa Ahmed profile image59

Aren't you getting anything to write now? You probably doing research over a simple question.. that who is god?

33. Monisa Ahmed profile image59

As for you larryprice, your question itself is wrong. It's not Muhammad (pbuh) who wrote the quran. You all have not researched about god, yet you describe god loves you, cares for you..What are you all talking about??

34. Monisa Ahmed profile image59

Don't you all have anything to say about it?

35. Monisa Ahmed profile image59

Okay , so this is your believe without research?, that both books are myth and superstition? Then so many people in this world , the increasing number of Christians believe in bible on first population growth and the increasing Muslim that are second largest growing population , are fools practising their religion according to you??

No, just normal, regular folks that have been indoctrinated.

2. ahmadj3 profile image60

Allah in the Qur'an says that Truth is made clear and distinct from falsehood however, I'm afraid some people simply refuse to believe with all the clear evidences placed before them.

1. profile image0

Evidence? Please provide evidence. The Quran and Bible are only evidence that someone wrote them, they are not evidence of any God.

Hope you'll get answers here:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czF-GU8Oaeg

What evidence?

watch carefully or watch all of its parts...

There is no evidence, do you understand?

Yes I don't understand what evidence you're looking...
                Everything is clear in that video.

Evidence is not something we must look for to support your beliefs, it is something that has to present itself, and not in a video.

I think you don't want to listen others.....

That is the pot calling the kettle black.

36. Monisa Ahmed profile image59

So you are describing that you are clever to know everything? You come under the least population growth who are disbelieving the entire mankind. Smartness doesn't work if you do not know anything......period.

1. JMcFarland profile image69
        JMcFarlandposted 11 years agoin reply to this

a religion's popularity does not make it true.  You have to know better than that, right?

Yes, jumping to false conclusions regarding things that were never said here appear to be one of the favored forms of fallacious arguments.

Actually, non-belief has the highest growth rate.

Well, it looks like you've run out of arguments. Nice try. smile

37. Monisa Ahmed profile image59

I had not run into arguments troubled man. As you say that non-belief has highest growth rate, you are absolutely wrong. I had said you the growth of Christianity lies first and Muslims lies second to the chart. You are proving wrong. If you want to place your sentences then prove yourself right according to the recent statistics..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)