What do all religions have in common?

Jump to Last Post 251-300 of 306 discussions (398 posts)
  1. Rachel L Alba profile image88
    Rachel L Albaposted 8 years ago

I would say that all religions have someone they look up to.  Also there are rules to follow.

2. openopinion profile image56
    openopinionposted 8 years ago

All are human
    All religions share ideas about how to cope with living, death and what happens after we die in common. They also share stories about how life was created and how humans should treat other humans (in other words they set up a structure of morals for the community that has faith in whichever religion they believe in).

3. Shiela De Guzman profile image60
    Shiela De Guzmanposted 8 years ago

For me Having a One God only. smile Lots of Name but it reflect for only one powerful man who save our life from death, and who sacrifice a lot for us! smile all the religions in this Earth are common by Spreading the Good News and Word of God from the Bible. smile God Bless!

4. cperuzzi profile image90
    cperuzziposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12522651_f260.jpg

All religions have one thing in common - the worshiper finds some amount of comfort in the belief system.  This is fundamental as the common sense result would be that if religion was doing nothing for you, you'd switch religions to something else (that includes atheism).

I say this with a bit of facetiousness as the majority of people who subscribe to a particular religion inherit them from their parents.  They rarely think about believing in something else as they've never knew there were other options.  When people don't switch from a religion that they don't believe in, it can lead to a psychotic breakdown.  The result after which is that the person will seek a religion that gives him either the answers he wants or the fundamental feeling of comfort from subscribing to a new philosophy.

i personally don't subscribe to an ultimate religion.  You'll see in future comments that there are zealots that will peruse pages looking for questions like this.  What I say is that there is a need that is fulfilled with a new belief system whether it is through something based on the teachings of Abraham, Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha, Confucius, ANY of the Pagan beliefs, or Atheism - and that result is synchronicity of feeling that you're on the "right path".

Whatever that is.

5. vipinbehari profile image60
    vipinbehariposted 8 years ago

Truth.
    Truth is the only substance of all religion. Theology and rituals are either delusion or opium. Truth is related to our existence, and the search of truth is the search of our existence.

1. profile image55
      SimplyIposted 8 years agoin reply to this

So where is the "truth" when one religion kills and persecuted another?

6. choosetolive profile image71
    choosetoliveposted 8 years ago

GOD didn't create religions. However GOD wanted us to be pure (sinless) , peaceful & attain enlightenment or destiny or re-unite with GOD (not being in birth-death cycle or in other words not to be born again).
    All religion has some common principles to follow just to make sure we are not committing sin and not leading to another birth cycle.

7. SouradipSinha profile image83
    SouradipSinhaposted 8 years ago

1. Inferiority - We humans are indeed much inferior due to lack of knowledge in various aspects and thus, dominated by religious norms scripted by our intelligent cousins, that is, the religious priests!

2. Fragility - We are just mere travelers having a short stop here on Earth, our days are numbered and we should be wise, truthful and kind.

3. Divinity - Whatever 'we don't know'/'we don't have an explanation to'/'is out of our reach', tag that 'divine', problem solved! (It is God's will, every religion has something like that)

Every religion is developed on these ideas and also due to the idea of 'CONTROLLING' and 'UNITING' the mass by bringing them together.

8. akshay199325 profile image66
    akshay199325posted 8 years ago

Religions are like branches of tree all leading to the same root or coming from the one source. The aim of every religion is to enlighten humanity of the omnipresence, omnipotence and omniscience of the source energy or God ,ultimately leading to salvation.

9. profile image0
    Duinoposted 8 years ago

All Religions Have 5 Things In Common

- God

- Angle & Devil

- Trust

- Honesty

- Humanity

Let's see in brief.,

God: All religions have one super natural or behind universe power which can guide each and every person on the planet earth. This power is known as god.

Angle & Devil: It's nothing but the good and bad sprites which is used to encourage and discourage human physical, emotional state

Trust: It's a rare thing you can find now a days but its one of the most important thing that is listed on each and every religion books like bible, mahabharatham, Quran, etc..

Honesty: It is also a rare thing now a days but each regional books has great stories about scarification of life because of honesty.

Humanity: Each and every one on this planet earth have humanity but for some of they we have to dig it deeper and for rest its natural.

10. the rawspirit profile image82
    the rawspiritposted 8 years ago

All of us want to have happy and complete lives and to know that when we die we will live again. Most religions worth their salt try to make sure they touch on all of those areas. As for me, my religion is love and be loved. Nothing else has ever worked for me. I will breathe in love and hopefully be some beautiful attribute of love today. Blessings, Bobby

11. frogyfish profile image73
    frogyfishposted 8 years ago

All religions think they are the 'right' one.  For a while, at least.  But I think only one is 'Right', and that one will live forever.  So keep looking til you find it.

12. passionatelearnr profile image85
    passionatelearnrposted 8 years ago

sex outside marriage is forbidden in world's major religions.

13. Molly Cule profile image80
    Molly Culeposted 8 years ago

Every religion, in my view, preaches that as humans we are special. We are on earth for a purpose and we must indulge in humane activities. All religions point out to the superiority of a supreme power or energy in some or the other form. In addition to that, every religion believes, which isn't good in my view, that it is the best and complete in itself.

14. Kiss andTales profile image60
    Kiss andTalesposted 8 years ago

We could use and example hear , diamonds
    Not all are real but appear to be , a real diamond has brilliant facets of light that gives to its beauty.
    Certainly a Jeweler would know the real from a imatation, we also have imitations in the name of religion,
    That is why people know the signs , yet they continue to support their choice . They know that people are really not christian like, money hungry,
    Moral break down in the family.
    Why do we have a crop of disobedience with children, turning into rebels against family and friends,
    Basically because there is no real value in imatation,  the value of what Jesus stood for is the real diamond.
    That produces real facets in its followers who reflect Jesus, not an imatation . So who are real diamond or imatation , Jesus knows

1. Kiss andTales profile image60
      Kiss andTalesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

What is common is the Journey to God's purpose for hunans,
      But the problem is the roads used to get to his destination have been  purposely created as many imitations of Religion that only can lead you away from our Heavenly Father.

15. profile image60
    argdrawposted 8 years ago

People, every group of people find religion, animals don't appear to be religious, all religious groups pray together at a set time, Religion controls or gives guidelines for emotions, and how we interact with others.
    If an entire group of people is wiped out, aztec, inca etc their belief system dies. All religions believe in a higher power that ceases to exist if the people die.

16. Observer4 profile image58
    Observer4posted 8 years ago

Every religion has a principal God.There are a lot of stories to convey the message of good and kindness.They all believe in a saviour in human form.Every religion teaches principles to lead a happy an successful social life.Apocalypse is also mentioned in some texts.Idea of rebirth,soul ,hell and heaven are shared by religions.

17. profile image56
    keshav bharatiaposted 8 years ago

All religion teaches us to love ourself and others irrespective of what they are and what are they doing. It teaches us to live life peacefully and help others to live their lives in same way. Brotherhood and respect should be in our nature towards others. No religion teaches to be violent

18. Atiba Sheikh12 profile image64
    Atiba Sheikh12posted 8 years ago

All religions emphasise on the power of love and respect for others...in other words-HUMANITY!

1. ABCKamran profile image58
      ABCKamranposted 7 years agoin reply to this

What an answer!!

19. Pratyush Pandey13 profile image59
    Pratyush Pandey13posted 8 years ago

Well, they are great thoughts far removed from time and space context.

20. Stella Kaye profile image84
    Stella Kayeposted 8 years ago

All religions are based purely on faith.

21. Mariska Moller profile image61
    Mariska Mollerposted 8 years ago

The simple answer would be that all religions believes in something or someone and each religion is based on beliefs that are taught to be correct from the day we were born. This reaches the conclusion that all religions believes their religion is right, because they don’t know anything different.

22. roselinsojan profile image60
    roselinsojanposted 7 years ago

All religion says The Almighty GOD will ruin evil from the world.

1. ABCKamran profile image58
      ABCKamranposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Atheism doesn't have a God!

23. ABCKamran profile image58
    ABCKamranposted 7 years ago

All religions require their believers to have faith! It's quite simple.

24. moneymindit profile image59
    moneyminditposted 7 years ago

They are all destructive.  That is what religions all have in common.  There is no good resulting from religion that cannot be achieved without it.

25. Connor Madison profile image58
    Connor Madisonposted 7 years ago

They all claim they are the true source of morality and of salvation.

26. gavinmanerowski profile image60
    gavinmanerowskiposted 7 years ago

"Humanity" is something that all religion have in common. Which makes everyone feel alive.

27. profile image53
    Alyzjah Kellamposted 7 years ago

All religions provide an ideal system of living that they see is best fit for everyone to live under.

28. Angele Parris profile image60
    Angele Parrisposted 7 years ago

All religions have "the biggest baddest God" who will eventually provide better living conditions than that on earth.

29. pateluday profile image50
    pateludayposted 7 years ago

Religions offer some explanation regarding the mind boggling mystery of our existence. They offer reason for our existence and explain creation perhaps?   Most important they teach the right way of living.

All the ideologies that preach peace and brotherhood make the World a better place.

I believe all religions teach virtues that help humans and nature as well. Since all life forms on Earth are equal.

[Self centered, destructive ideologies that believe in supremacy and their preachers are making life hell on earth. These are operatives who act under the guise of religion and do not hesitate to kill and to be killed and find justification. They see the act as path to heaven. These are the most proselytizing elements unfortunately. Hence people are moving away from religion in absolute disgust. ]

30. writejt profile image63
    writejtposted 7 years ago

It is incidental that we see religion as something of great use for social harmony, or as something causing disharmony. The real need of religion is something else, as explained in my hub
    http://hubpages.com/politics/evolutionofreligion

31. Third Eyes Wide profile image59
    Third Eyes Wideposted 7 years ago

Religion is the use of taking something we don't understand and profiting off of it in most cases.  Spirituality is not Religion.

32. mugdha13 profile image86
    mugdha13posted 7 years ago

Energy! People just call it with different names.

33. fogut profile image61
    fogutposted 7 years ago

All religions have on god in which everyone believes.

34. TessSchlesinger profile image60
    TessSchlesingerposted 7 years ago

A willingness to believe in the absurd because  its comforting. This hapens when people run out of hope, have tried their best to do something and failed, want to achieve something but need a little bit of matic, are scared of dying, feel guilty about somethings, etc.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

EXCELLENT ANSWER!!!!

35. profile image57
    Roshaunda11posted 7 years ago

Its only one almighty god in heaven above we all declare to be lord..

36. Happylovejoy profile image93
    Happylovejoyposted 7 years ago

I don't know all the religions in the world, but I believe what the major religions have in common is that they are suppose to be peaceful and for people to get connected with the higher power/ their creator. But of course, people who misinterpret and misuse the religion can create a negative impression of the faith.

37. Omar Eldamsheety profile image73
    Omar Eldamsheetyposted 7 years ago

They all ask the human to be good with the others and the whole universe .

38. Gyanendra Mocktan profile image81
    Gyanendra Mocktanposted 7 years ago

Thank you for your question, Indigenous. All religions lead us to God.
    Only ways are different. Thank you.

39. Aristotle Junior profile image73
    Aristotle Juniorposted 6 years ago

Superior being(s) that governs the world, and aided in the creation process.
    Myths.
    And duty that should be carried out by those that follow the religion.

40. James Mabrey profile image50
    James Mabreyposted 6 years ago

Faith is something that is common in all religions.

41. Alan Grace profile image60
    Alan Graceposted 6 years ago

Non violence in the foundation of all the religion. https://goo.gl/e8zZaL

42. tamarawilhite profile image85
    tamarawilhiteposted 6 years ago

The only think they all have in common is belief in a divine/supernatural higher power. Whether personal or impersonal, active or absent now depends on the faith.

43. profile image53
    domonicharrisposted 6 years ago

I would say the misinterpretation of what is or was to be followed by the body of believers. You can witness this in the different denominations or sects that start at the same point maybe your or I did and move in a different direction. If this happens currently, then it is not a great leap to suspect that at least one person interprets a written word as something else.

44. K N Johnson profile image40
    K N Johnsonposted 6 years ago

From the beginning, religion has been used to make up explanations about things the humankind did not understand. Why is this happening? Why people die?
    I think right now religions serve for more purposes, as science can give us any logical explanations. I guess what religions have in common is that they try to give an explanations to the human concerns. They all have their way of preaching, but from my point of view, that's what religions have in common. Not their message, but their aim.

45. profile image48
    Sam Glosterposted 6 years ago

All religions make people believe in higher powers. They make humans feel that their are powers/beings who can do whatever an ordinary man can only desire.

46. DLayne profile image62
    DLayneposted 6 years ago

Most of them seem to me to be worshipping Jesus instead of worshipping God. Is this blasphemous?  This method of worship has caused me difficulty now that I had been back to church regularly.

47. helenstuart profile image62
    helenstuartposted 6 years ago

Religions all divide. Abraham Lincoln was not the first one to say, "together we stand, divided we fall," during the civil war, he was quoting the bible on the subject of religions. Say we are each one of us a little spindly stick, but when we all focused on the Creator, we stood together and became a very strong bundle of sticks. It could not even be broken. But then one stick started looking around, and he saw another bundle of sticks, very puny and weak small bundle, but he liked the way they were allowed and even encouraged to wear jaunty hats and their underwear outside their robes. "They are also worshipping the creator," he convinced himself, "I can help them by joining them and strengthening their cause." So he abandoned the group that was there merely to adore the creator, and was seen around town with a jaunty hat and his underwear on the outside of his robes. "So What?' he sassed his original brothers on the way to a hat party. We still worship God and stuff. A new religion was born. Those seeking the original thrill of uniting with God sought out different experiences and more and more religions were born, and the original bundle of sticks, with the purest love and power dwindled rather quickly as those with  short attention spans gave up their places to religions that held Turkeys in too high esteem, and they also hated the hat and underwear guys and declared it was lawful to kill them, and other groups who did much worse things realized how badly they had hurt the creator, and since they could not kill the creator, decided to torture and kill those that had remained simply devoted to the peace and love of the creator. And maybe five new religions were invented every day until nobody could even trust anyone anymore. People constantly abandoned one bundle of sticks running for another, declaring "those guys are insane, we need to obliterate them." and another stick would ask, "In the name of the Creator?" and the other stick would reply, um, yeah, that sounds like a good enough reason.
    Because a house divided will not stand.

48. Hana Ahmed profile image59
    Hana Ahmedposted 6 years ago

All religions advocate peace. All religions preach equality. They demand you dissect traditions and cultures completely.

49. profile image59
    avamodi21posted 6 years ago

Hello friends,

As per my research i have found 5 common beliefs in all religions

1) Gods Do Exist In Human Form
    2) The World Of Spirits
    3) Reincarnation
    4) Sacred scriptures & texts
    5) Mutilation Of the Body 

Due to less time i am referring website to read all above points in detail : THE COMMON BELIEFS IN ALL RELIGIONS : http://www.article.stillsolution.com/re … -together/

50. profile image52
    Alfred Simorposted 6 years ago

I will explain every religion in just two words :
    Humanity and Good Manners

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)