jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do you feel like something in your life is missing?

1. Blessitbe profile image61
    Blessitbeposted 7 years ago

Do you feel like something in your life is missing?

Do you ask yourself why we are here? We hear so many different opinions, from Religion, Ancient Scientist, Psychic and so on.  It makes me wonder about our existence, for example why are some people been given the gift of sight? Are they considered Psychic or Prophet?  What do you think?

2. mudassirikram profile image57
    mudassirikramposted 7 years ago

the most important thing in life is life itself and most of us lack life itself from our lives.
    i think i do miss life from my life.

3. Vishaaa profile image76
    Vishaaaposted 7 years ago

Sometimes I feel the design of life(if there is any) is missing in my  life.

I mean people used to say If you lose something, you will get something better. If you cry today, you will be happy tomorrow. If you are in dark, you will have a bright future., etc..

I feel this design is missing in my life.

But whatever is missing,we never failed to live our life..

4. safiq ali patel profile image74
    safiq ali patelposted 7 years ago

Yes. Someone is missing from my life. But I am never quite sure who. Perhaps that feeling of someone missing from my life is spiritual, it is rooted deeply in my mind and it deeply psycic.
    People are given psycic ability. But this psycic ability is never uncondtional. Sometimes the power or the person that provides the psycic gift has conditions the person must fullfill to be able to keep the gift. And some pyscics say it is only a gift to be channeled at helping people. It does not really put the psycic ahead in life in any way.
    You ask a very interesting question.

5. Ruchira profile image77
    Ruchiraposted 7 years ago

Contentment is the key to Life.

Even if an individual has billions of money he could be looking for something in life and IF an individual is living on credit, he could be content with what his life is...

Something missing from life...is dependent on how we learn to control our urges and draw a boundary around us.

6. kallini2010 profile image83
    kallini2010posted 7 years ago

I think you missed an important category.  Psychics, Prophets and Experts.  None of them are right.  I would say statistically they have same chances of being right or wrong.

There is an interesting book that I intend to read
    "Future Babble: Why Expert Predictions Fail - And Why We Believe Them Anyway" by Dan Gardner

I think it is a good beginning.

Do I feel as if anything missing from my life?  Definitely.

- ability to manage my time effectively
    - career
    - achievements
    - understanding
    - significant other
    - happiness
    - health

Shall I go on?  But there are plenty of answers to the question "what is the meaning of life?"

"The quest for certainty blocks the search for meaning. Uncertainty is the very condition to impel man to unfold his powers." Erich Fromm

"There is only one meaning of life: the act of living itself." Erich Fromm

7. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

You ask a question: "Do you feel something in your life is missing?" then continue to narrow it down.   

If you're hungry, food is missing.  If your thirsty, then the solace of a drink is.   What I think you're talking about here is the inner yearning people have when they've successfully mounted pyschologist Abraham Maslow's 'Pyramid of Needs,' to the very top - Self Actualization, and then still find they have that internal push to go beyond to...Self Realization.   

It is, of course, a spiritual need.    This is a need to "Know Thyself."   It is of the greatest importance to our happiness.

Without trying to sound like a religious nut, Jesus Christ put it fairly succinctly (if you can believe these were his actual words)  "Seek ye first the kingdom of heaven and all else will be added unto you."   

And where is this kingdom of heaven?

"The Kingdom of Heaven lies within."   

Inside of YOU.   So get into it...Oh, and remember, once you start it becomes a lifelong job...

8. eastexplorer profile image61
    eastexplorerposted 7 years ago

My thoughts, you can't quite be content in every aspect of life, so I believe you will always be missing something. Humans are a goal orientated creature, once you've reached your first goal you are content, but that doesn't last forever, we set ourselves new goals as we go a long and there for we never really reach the point when we say this is enough and we can be content with it.

I also believe our environment will influence the "happiness" of your lives and in turn the emotion of us missing something. If you can't be who you want to be, you will feel like you are missing something. If you are restricted from sharing your own feelings and thoughts with those around you, you will feel unhappy, and miss something.

9. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I can't say that I feel there's anything missing in my life - at least not anything important.  That's not saying my life couldn't be better (a lot better).  It's just saying that there's nothing that matters to me (or to most people who have their priorities straight) that I don't have now.

working