Why are "believers" so loved?

Jump to Last Post 51-76 of 76 discussions (191 posts)
  1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Everybody loves somebody somewhere smile

What a night in the hood jukin down south .
    3 large screaming fire engines raced down my street at 11 pm, someone had set fire (so the rumour) has it, to a beautiful empty house -wow did it go up!! quite sad really.

What the world needs now is love sweet love ....no not just for some ...but for ....smile

2. atomswifey profile image56
    atomswifeyposted 14 years ago

I just want to say I love you all even though you all think I'm a nut. smile

Just call me crazy aunt amy. You know we all have one of those in every family. (the crazy aunt putting dry cat food in the jello mold) LOl jk I do not do that!

I prefer to use dry dog food. lol

peace
    **as I wave a white flag** smile

1. Davinagirl3 profile image59
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Welcome, Atomswifey.  I know that names have been thrown around, but I don't think you are crazy.  Dog food in a jello mold?  That is what we could call "eccentric", but you have to be of a certain age.  If you are under 60, it is just plain ol' crazy! lol  In all seriousness, thank you for posting.

3. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Fibre is good lol Grandma always said so..

Maybe, that is why my daughter eats paper and tissue like cotton candy.  It is the weirdest thing I have ever witnessed.  She is eleven months old, and she just munches away on paper.  She has this look on her face, while she's doing it, like it is tastes horrible, but she still keeps on munching.

4. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

And here we are into day two, with everyone still happy. smile

Yep!  We're having a ball.  Thanks for checking in, Yoshi!

5. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

Yeah, well I'm still sick today and feeling less friendly ... so if anyone decides to turnip this thread into evil I'm gonna slap 'em with a balloon full of baby burp!

We've had one stray dog, begging for scraps, but we refused to feed him and he moved on.  I think it was just someone's alter ego trying to play a trick on us.

2. profile image49
      BadCoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You go Girl !

3. Davinagirl3 profile image59

I got slapped with "baby burp" yesterday.  My baby tried to eat her stuffed animal and it didn't sit right with her.

6. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL Poor thing lol

7. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

only just noticed this thread, well the religion i belong to are quite disliked for preaching, but absolutely not on the forums....... my faith is in tact, and it is my pleasure to live and let live, and may everybody's belief or non belief suit them, nice idea for a thread...... xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks and welcome, Brenda!

8. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

YAY!  This pleasant little thread is still going.  Hope everyone is having a great day.  Feel better, Yoshi!

1. profile image49

I love yer actual Avatar but this one is driving me crazy, I was deff right you are the sexiest hubber even when its not you smile

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Badco.  I am really enjoying being her, I must say.  Have been feeling a tad bit naughty all day.  May not go back to myself, in fact.  Blonde might have more fun after all.  smile

1. profile image49

Lol are you crazy. yer real pic is way more sexy. That little sexy look, cheeky little grin, twinkling eyes. I better see it back tomorrow or the naughty Wordscribe is getting a good spanking smile

1. profile image0

Promise?  lol

1. profile image49

Yes, and with a thin whip smile

1. profile image0

I think I might love you.

1. profile image49

I know I love you !

1. profile image0

Kisses!!!

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
          Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh that is a cute pic Word ,badco is smitten with the come hither eyes ,hehe. Suits ya smile

9. My Friend Shiyloh profile image60
    My Friend Shiylohposted 14 years ago

I beileve we need less of this.   

http://z.hubpages.com/u/1759617_f520.jpg

And more of this.

http://z.hubpages.com/u/1759640_f520.jpg

Credits ~Misty Horizon~

1. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image61
      I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I sooo agree! I come here for fun and to enjoy others...some  seem to want to squelch on the fun...

Making U turns seems to work well to keep the fires of life burning happily! smile

10. profile image0

more u turns needed is my opinion...

11. DancingRedFeather profile image60
    DancingRedFeatherposted 14 years ago

I was looking at my account and I had more  visits on my hub..SEX ON THE BEACH..FANTASTIC! 37 hits while all the others no more than 4!

Shows where our carnal minds are...lol..and my hub had nothing to do with sex on the beach..lol

12. profile image49
    BadCoposted 14 years ago

I was smitten with her normal eyes lol, shes a babe, 3 kids and she looks amazin smile

13. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Can't blame you, I feel the same smile

1. profile image49

I always said you were wise smile

14. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

Here we go again.  I thought we were making headway to change the tone of the religious forums, but there are more threads out there that just keep pulling us back under.  What should we do?  I say we have a drink and watch it all unfold.  What some people will do for attention, eh?

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You made quite an effort Davina, and we all appreciate it smile

Relax and enjoy now, I guess people need to bash each other time to time. smile

15. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 14 years ago

Well you can lead a horse to water but you can't push it in without being tattled on, wait did I get that wrong?

16. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

So much real affection and confirmation of life will have legs! smile

17. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image61
    I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years ago

Great to see this thread continued to thrive in love! smile

18. profile image0

off out to my religious meeting  bye...

19. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image61
    I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years ago

bye, see ya later! Have a great day! smile

20. Sybil Marie profile image59
    Sybil Marieposted 14 years ago

So glad everyone is still here in this thread! How is your mom doing now? Hope she is feeling better.
    I got up early this morning and thought I'd check this little(not solittle anymore) bright spot out! Have a Great day all smile

My mom is doing a lot better.  Thanks for your prayers, everyone.

21. Hunting Videos profile image56
    Hunting Videosposted 14 years ago

True Believers can be, and are loved by others, however the Scriptures do say that you will be hated for my name sake!

This world would be a better world if everyone loved one another, but we also know this will never happen until the Return of Christ.

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So what if Christ never returns?  Are you waiting for him to return so that people will love each other?  Why not get a head start and show love regardless?  smile

22. earnestshub profile image81

Hate, narrow minded bigotry, fear of the unknown etc. smile

23. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 14 years ago

Another thread hijacked and derailed. sad
    It seems to be an artform here on HP. tongue

24. earnestshub profile image81

So an opinion different to yours is hijacking? smile

1. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's not about my opinion. The OP was talking about love.
      Or did you not read that?

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes I did read the thread title, and have replied. smile

So, what did the thread degenerate to from the OP?
          You don't think it went "belly up", with the posts of some people?

25. earnestshub profile image81

Threads are threads, they have a life of their own on hubpages, anyone can drop in and often do have a different view.

That's true. But it's usually the same ones with the same view, derailing the topic.
      What do you love about believers?
      Answering that question has little to with your perception that God is "neurotic" and the like.
      If you do not love ANYTHING about believers, then say that. Not hard to state a point of view, and stay on topic. cool

We have opinions. We express them. If I think something is false I say so. smile

Ok. So you are right, (absolutely), and we are all wrong, because our "opinion" is FALSE.

Yes of course I disagree with you, as you do with me! smile

I have absolutely NO problem with others disagreeing with me. Seriously. All I was pointing out, is that the nature of these threads is derailed with overtly emotive comments that are intended to upset, ridicule, offend and belittle.
              Please stay true to the topic. I think more of us would enjoy the contributions of others.

26. earnestshub profile image81

Well I find assumptive religiosity offensive. The writer usually tries to claim the writing is "sacred" when I think it is just dangerous nonsense.

Examples of religious beliefs causing death and narrow minded hate boil my blood.

I love my life, my children and children everywhere. To see the ridiculous claims made for a non existent god while the world is as it is defies logic.
    Get rid of religion and all the wars will have no engine to drive them.
    People who are so certain they are right about something like the bible make my skin crawl! smile

I will stand shoulder to shoulder with you on banishing organized religion. I have little to no time for it either.

Well I must say that is encouraging! Now about your biblical beliefs! smile Just kiddin!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)