jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

How do you encourage yourself when things are not going right?

1. jagandelight profile image79
    jagandelightposted 6 years ago

How do you encourage yourself when things are not going right?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Things aren't going "right" right now.  . . . .except that they are going right.  I needed to dump my employer, take care of some things, and do something different.

All things work towards the good for those who love God - or so I'm told.  This life is really just a Petri dish, and we are here not to "have fun" or buy a big house and car - we are here to interact with others.

3. Idecide profile image58
    Idecideposted 6 years ago

Oh! Fortunately or unfortunately I have faced many situations like that. In fact, I'm facing one right now. Before I used to say, "why me?" but now I say "Try me". Bad times passes and my experience says that bad situations helps you to perform better in life and it makes you really strong. It happens for good.

But it's not easy when you face the situation. I keep repeating a line loudly, "I will have to get through. There is no other go.". Then I get busy with work. Simple solution.

4. mtariqsattar profile image79
    mtariqsattarposted 6 years ago

This is very good question- i lift my self from the despondency with the help of prayer,patience, handwork, perseverance and lot of hope.

5. The Ghostwriter profile image73
    The Ghostwriterposted 6 years ago

I tell myself to keep pressing the buttons because one of them will turn things around, but we don't know which one.

The moment I stop, the worse it will get.

6. montecristo profile image84
    montecristoposted 6 years ago

Prayer! I take time to count my blessings and thank the good Lord. He's never failed me yet!

7. Seeker7 profile image97
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Basically I give myself a good telling off and then I make plans on how to improve my situation and stick to it until I feel better. If this all fails I buy something nice for myself to cheer me up - I use this last one a lot!!!

8. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

When I am doing the right thing and even it is not going right, I will convince myself to stick with it no matter what.

I always believe in doing what is right and soon it will be okay. It is the obstacles in life we have to face everyday and there will be someday that it is not going right. By telling myself that it is the right thing to do, I will persist myself to go on with what I am doing.

It is always easy to give up half way when encountering obstacles as everything may seems to be going wrong. But having faith in yourself for doing the right thing will go a long way. Keep going and doing it if you feel it is right. Eventually you will see your reward of accomplishment.

9. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

It can  be a tough challenge, but my personal mantra (regarding this) is...........

do not be the one at fault...............

10. C-Bless profile image60
    C-Blessposted 6 years ago

I go for a powerwalk and talk to the Lord.  I usually get His answer by the end of my walk or, at least, the next 2 steps to take.  As well, some good gospel music about The Blood will banish the doldrums.

11. ershruti304 profile image61
    ershruti304posted 6 years ago

My husband's smile is always a motivating force for me. Whenever things aren't going right for me I visualize his sad face which spreads a wave of shock through my entire body then I put in my best to get the things right. In addition to it I sense a feeling of satisfaction in my parents when I achieve something impossible. These all things work for me but I guess believing in myself is my greatest strength under such circumstances. For such situations my motto becomes with faith in yourself you can move the mountains.

12. profile image0
    lovazaposted 6 years ago

The other day I was doing a watercolor painting and it was not "going right."   I was trying so hard to capture the cat's face; the more I tried to make it work, the worse it turned out.  So, I threw the painting away because I had to admit that it was not going right at all and why keep on trying to make it right.  Then I began a new painting later in the day when my mind was fresh.  Sometimes I have to admit to myself that I cannot make things go right all the time, but at least I put forth the effort. 
    I think also, it's my attitude ....not everything has to be  going right but I can do the best I can and not get frustrated nor defeated in the process.

13. Sesshoumaru2st profile image58
    Sesshoumaru2stposted 6 years ago

I hear you guys out with praying and stuff like that,but come on man seriously?Dude get up off your lazy butt and tell yourself you can do it.Get a pen and some paper and start thinking of ways to better your life,or enlarge your pockets.If you can't come up with ways,then search Hubpage for people who have success testimonials,or search Google for some tips to get you encouraged.I'm all in favor of praying to God,but what to pray about is just as important.When Jesus followers asked him how to pray what did he said? Pray that you will get a successful life on earth? No man,pray for the forgiveness of your sins and others.Let the mind God give you figure out ways to make money,or better your carnal status.

14. mkrandhawa profile image60
    mkrandhawaposted 6 years ago

everyone have to face the many problems and obstacles but we have to encourage our-self for try to do right thing.I also suffered from this type of the situation.I always think that i am right and i have full trust upon me that i can do right.i also pray to God for help me and encourage to do right thing.
    Nice question Jagandelight.thanks for asking. :-)

working