jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (18 posts)

What is the purpose of life?

1. workload profile image36
    workloadposted 6 years ago

What is the purpose of life?

2. sparkster profile image93
    sparksterposted 6 years ago

To look after the planet so that all forms of life big and small can survive.  Unfortunately we've been doing the opposite.  We are the only ones capable, we are Gods.  Our ideas manifest themselves in reality, we create, how many other species on Earth do so?

3. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 6 years ago

To be happy.To,have victory on the battle field of "spiritual Warfare".To solve a problem,is more precious than gold.

4. JEDIJESSICUH profile image76
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

It depends on what you believe in.

I'm a Christian. So I believe the purpose of my life is to do what God wants me to. I don't know what that is though, so I spend a lot of time wondering if maybe I'm wrong.

5. profile image0
    ExoticHippieQueenposted 6 years ago

The purpose of life is to spend it in a purposeful way, and if you believe in a Higher Power, to honor your Higher Power with your life by living it in a benevolent and generous way, grateful for every blessing.

6. Heather McMillan profile image59
    Heather McMillanposted 6 years ago

To give back in some way, to leave this place knowing you did something to make the world a little better and brighter, and hopefully touched someone's life in the process.

7. LegendaryN8 profile image58
    LegendaryN8posted 6 years ago

To eat and breed.

Anything beyond that is your choice on whether or not you make it significant to your life.

8. nabeelplus profile image59
    nabeelplusposted 6 years ago

serve humanity, enjoy every blessed moment, live for others

9. rikabothra profile image60
    rikabothraposted 6 years ago

To enjoy it to the fullest and live life without any regrets!

10. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

The real purpose of the life is to spend in a positive way and serve the people and live with peace.

11. Vinaya Ghimire profile image88
    Vinaya Ghimireposted 6 years ago

Our propose of life is to break the endless cycle of birth and rebirth.

12. aravindb1982 profile image82
    aravindb1982posted 6 years ago

To find this answer!!!! smile

Seems to differ for each for each is on a road of his/her own

13. ligiaogl profile image58
    ligiaoglposted 6 years ago

To be happy, and that's all!hauhauauhauhuaha

14. Ty Gillis profile image59
    Ty Gillisposted 6 years ago

Looking at some of these "answers" is depressing. Eat and breed? Really? Well if you want to live like an animal, then go ahead. To take care of the whole planet and be responsible for all it's creatures, who are trying to kill each other, seems a bit out of our hands.

If we serve God, and honor him by doing what he wishes us to do, would not only serve your spirit, but mankind's as well. Don't waste your time on looking at other Christians, because they are flawed like everyone else. Look to Jesus and your life will be full of purpose.

15. Admiral_Joraxx profile image80
    Admiral_Joraxxposted 6 years ago

The purpose of our lives is to become a blessing to each others lives.

16. folorunsho80 profile image68
    folorunsho80posted 6 years ago

The purpose of life is to recreate,and worship our creator,THE LORD ALMIGHTY! with all of our heart and soul.All other things is additional...

17. Jarn profile image83
    Jarnposted 6 years ago

The Christians would say that the purpose of life is to serve God and suffer for one decade after the next, attempting to survive until such time as you are no longer able and God, in his unknowable wisdom, kills your ass dead in order to reward you in Heaven.

The athiests would say that you must eat, fight, and breed in order to propogate your genetics.

The spiritualists would say it is to find internal peace and happiness.

The humanitarians would say it is to serve man in order to better the quality of life.

I believe it is to leave the world a better place than how you found it.

18. PoliCommandments profile image59
    PoliCommandmentsposted 6 years ago

According to "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," the meaning of life is '42.'  I believe the purpose must be related.  Yes, this answer is completely facetious, but it always gives me a laugh.

working