jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

How much "stock" do you put in dreams?

1. breathe2travel profile image81
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

How much "stock" do you put in dreams?

2. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

My dreams are erratic. Unless I am ill, I will dream about a dozen different things, none of them making a whole lot of sense. If I am sick,  my dream is like a old movie that is constantly being replayed.

I do not get ideas from dreams or answers or questions. They are just there. When I wake up, I may remember one of them for a minute or two, but then that goes away.

1. ptosis profile image71
      ptosisposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Too bad. I wish I can record my dreams and make sci-fi movies out of them.

3. MazioCreate profile image73
    MazioCreateposted 5 years ago

Most dreams I don't even remember, but the dreams I do remember are usually very prophetic. I often record notes about these dreams and will revisit them from time to time to check the salient points.  Last year I dreamt about a friend who appeared to be weary and for want of a better term "emotionally unwell".  I learnt that her relationship was on very shaky ground and this was causing a number of problems for her.

On the other hand I have dreamt about being handed a winning Lotto cheque for $2.4 mil and that one is still to come to fruition.

4. ptosis profile image71
    ptosisposted 5 years ago

I had a premonition dream. It was just a 1/2 second that I didn't remember until 3 months later at a new job I had.  I was loading the metal signs onto the side of the truck and deja vu struck me. I was able to save my finger from being cut off because the guys were razzing me and slipped the clutch and made the truck jumped forward.

In my dream - my finger was injured badly from being caught between the rebar and the metal road sign. In real life - it just snipped slightly because of my deja vu!.

If only I can dream about that winning lotto ticket.

5. backporchstories profile image80
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

Alot!  Dreams are what inventions are conceived out of.  Dreams also give us goals to aim for.  They also can have a profound effect on one's psychological standing, if we are talking about dreams of the sleep.  Many inner messages can filter through dreams as well.  When we dream, rather it be night or day....we are unleashed into a world with no boundries, an escape into a wilderness of insight.  Never let go of your dreams!

6. d.william profile image74
    d.williamposted 5 years ago

Dreams can be inspiring, frightening, and quite revealing if you can remember them and understand  the messages they give us.  I have always got profound answers the following morning, to questions asked before sleep, the night before. 
    My poems are given to me during sleep, or reverie (the condition of being lost in thought), and most of the articles i write were inspired by information obtained in dreams that were imperative for me to put on paper.  Dreams are divine communication and worthy of heeding. 
    If i dream about something i do not understand i research its core subject matter  until i receive that "AHA" moment when its meaning is revealed. 
    So, i do put a lot of stock in dreams, at least for myself.  They have never steered me wrong yet.

7. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

I work with my dreams daily, and heal and grow as a result. Acknowledging our dreams and working them through creates a wonderful cooperation between the conscious and unconscious mind. We heal, and we become so much more creative!

8. Civil War Bob profile image60
    Civil War Bobposted 5 years ago

Well, I don't dream, so I can't tell.   But dreams are like chicken stock, a good base for soup, but nothing on which you can build your life; unless, of course, your dream is of Jesus and you convert to believing in Him during your waking hours.

1. backporchstories profile image80
      backporchstoriesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Many people have survived on soup stock!  (smiling)

9. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 5 years ago

In the past, I will wake up in the middle of the night by my dreams and would write them down so that I can remember the next day.

Now, I have managed to remember my dreams after waking up. It is a matter of practice to remember your dreams.

10. Darrell Roberts profile image70
    Darrell Robertsposted 5 years ago

I like to dream both in the day and in the night.  It helps me to deal with this reality.  In dreams a person could do things they only with they could do in this life like fly or teleport.  Dreams are fun, like going to the movies.  I do think that in dreams that other beings from other realms are able to communicate with human beings who are open to the idea.   

Best wishes.