jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is a simple way to explain the concept of the Holy Trinity to children?

1. DonnaCosmato profile image95
    DonnaCosmatoposted 5 years ago

What is a simple way to explain the concept of the Holy Trinity to children?

2. Hyphenbird profile image92
    Hyphenbirdposted 5 years ago

I explained it this way to my little boy and he understood.
    1.We have a body which we feel and see.
    2. We have a soul which thinks and feels.
    3. We have a spirit which guides us in ways that change us.
    They are three parts of a whole person united into one body and for one purpose. My son got that "I got it" look and went on about his play. It was a touching moment.

3. Etherealenigma profile image81
    Etherealenigmaposted 5 years ago

On my blog site: www.heshewethree.xanga.com, in the section called, "Studies and Posts," there is a post called, "The Meaning of My Name." In that post are some images I created showing the triangular relationship of the trinity unto itself, as well as reflectively to us in a family unit. I think a simple diagram like that would help a child to understand. You explain the child's family unit as a triangular unit that is a mirror reflection of the same type of family unit in heaven, and I think he/she will get it.

4. Seek-n-Find profile image91
    Seek-n-Findposted 5 years ago

Water--show them tangibly water, ice, and steam and that they all have a different form and purpose but each is still water!

5. cherriquinn profile image79
    cherriquinnposted 5 years ago

Try a three leaf clover.  All children enjoy crafts. Have the children make a three leaf clover and label the leaves. Explain although a four leaf is lucky, a three leaf is more special as it shows the three sides of God. Good luck and best wishes.

6. DzyMsLizzy profile image96
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

This is not a belief I share at all--I follow the older pre-christian paths, and as Vegas Elias has said, there are numerous christian belief systems that were far older customs, and were "baptized" as it were, by the Roman church, in order to make it easier for them to force conversion onto the pagans.
    (Pagan, by the way, is a very old word, and means only "country person," or "country dweller,"  possibly in much the same way we'd currently use the term of someone being a "country bumpkin.")
    It does NOT mean devil worship or any other such negative connotation that it has been assigned.

With that clarified, however, if that is what you believe, it is as simple a concept as a person who is able to be at once a daughter, a wife, a mother.( and.even a sister; now you have 4) "different" people who are all the same person.  The same goes for men--just shift it to 'son, husband, father, brother.'

7. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

Water - three forms, all one substance: ice, liquid and vapor.

8. Team Wiseman profile image83
    Team Wisemanposted 5 years ago

Here is how I explain the Trinity to my children and even adults...it is in fact the best way I can understand the Trinity;

The Trinity is Holy and I do not wish to lower it, I only wish to bring a simple understanding to the Trinity.

The Trinity is like a can of Dr. Pepper (or your favorite soda), and here is how.
    A can of Dr. Pepper has 3 qualities about it in order to exist & each quality needs the other in order to exist:

The can itself (God, the Eternal Father)

The liquid inside (Jesus Christ[hence the Blood of Christ])

And the Flavor! (The Holy Spirit!!)

You see how they each need one another? The flavor (Holy Spirit) would not be there without the liquid (Christ) and the liquid needs the can (The Father). Without the Father the Son couldn't be and The Spirit needed the Son. The can would have no meaning without the liquid inside and the liquid would not be very desireable without the flavor.
    This is The Trinity of God and how they are truly One!

I hope this helps another to understand the Trinity as it helped me when I believe God Himself gave me this while wondering about the topic of the Trinity and enjoying a sweet Dr. Pepper!
    Great Question!!