'IS THE HOLY SPIRIT A MAN OR A WOMEN ?'

Jump to Last Post 1-44 of 44 discussions (90 posts)
  1. ScarletRyan1970 profile image61
    ScarletRyan1970posted 14 years ago

Hello,

I was just thinking about the Holy Trinity.Three persons in

God.The Father,Son and Holy Spirit.

The third person,the Holy Spirit may be a women.

Scarlet

1. Rah'd LeTang profile image60
      Rah'd LeTangposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Scarlet

First I would like to encourage you to continue to think about the Holy Trinity to arrive at the TRUTH. The idea of the Trinity comes from the Bible, it is a Christian doctrine therefore it is crucial to refer to the Bible to find an answer. I would suggest reading John 16:5-15 in the New Testament to answer your question. You will see that it is gender specific. God is always refered to as "He"

2. Andrew0208 profile image57
      Andrew0208posted 14 years agoin reply to this
      1. Andrew0208 profile image57
        Andrew0208posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Holy Spirit: Gender = Spirit.

3. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

To me, with all due respect, that's like asking what ethnicity the Holy Spirit is. I don't think it matters. By tradition through scripture, the implication is that he is male. However, traditions can be truth or legend.

This is an intriguing question to be sure. The answer, I believe is not really available for us to know.

Just my thoughts.

4. carolegalassi profile image60
      carolegalassiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats a good questions.  In my opinion the Holy Spirit is neither man nor women its the spirit of God, power.

5. carolegalassi profile image60
      carolegalassiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats a good questions.  In my opinion the Holy Spirit is neither man nor women its the spirit of God, power.

1. atomswifey profile image57
        atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen!

6. paulhvv profile image61
      paulhvvposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you are refering to the softer side of God. For the meaning of man is as Allan wrote.  One needs only to look at a dictionary to find this meaning. There is a section that describes man as man and wife or for that matter the human race. So yes you are right.

7. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Father is the source of the Light called Shiva in Hinduism.

Son is us humans.

Holy Spirit is the light coming from the source which permeates everything- Shakti.

It is a trinity but not three persons in one. smile

8. chukra G profile image61
      chukra Gposted 14 years agoin reply to this

its you the holy spirit smile

9. pylos26 profile image71
      pylos26posted 14 years agoin reply to this
  2. DennisBarker profile image60
    DennisBarkerposted 14 years ago

The trinity is an interesting idea which, in my view describes time. Father = Past (Origins) Present = Son Holy Spirit = Future

The gnostic text Pistus Sophia if I remember it correctly describes the descent of wisdom from god to earth and wisdom is described as feminine.

Greek texts also describe muses as feminine. The trinity idea of holy spirit is similar to the idea of a muse inspiring someone to great creativity - and thus linking them to the creative principal which is described as god.

1. pjk_artist profile image63
      pjk_artistposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The "Holy Spirit" written of in scripture is the symbolic term given to the unique set of experiences/thoughts and emotions God experiences as you and HE live your life on Earth.

3. DennisBarker profile image60
    DennisBarkerposted 14 years ago

I didn't give an answer to your original question so here goes.

To receive spirit one has to be in a receptive mode and capable of being insired. So spirit itself has no gender but the person receiving its wisdom must be in an open feminine mode.

The principle is the same as meditation, visualisation and hypnosis only in this case the influence is from a potentially higher level of consciousness.

4. sroberts9 profile image79
    sroberts9posted 14 years ago

I like to think that the Holy Spirit is neither man, woman or child. Because if we define it sex we as humans will limit its abilities. The Holy Spirit is a teacher, and a make it happen spirit and because of it abilities it can relate to us all - Men, Women and Children and teach us all on the level we are currently at in our time and lives.

1. Army Infantry Mom profile image60
      Army Infantry Momposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like your answer,..

2. justintimee profile image59
      justintimeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Think hard and see what is before us: You where a baby/child at one time right. Then you became an adult who worked hard. Then you grow old and see everything better. This is three persons in one body, right?

3. profile image0
      JGelineauposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. The Holy Spirit is not human (or animal) so we cannot put it into a category of either male or female.

1. The Rope profile image60
        The Ropeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Glad to know there are some expansive thinkers out there!  I agree.  As in all children, our understanding and expressions are limited by our own experience.

5. Cynicist profile image59
    Cynicistposted 14 years ago

Trick question: It doesn't exist.

ZING.

1. sroberts9 profile image79
      sroberts9posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wrong!... The Holy Trinity certainly exsist.  Maybe it would be better said, that "You don't know The Holy Spirit."  Also any sentence that answers a question like this - starting out with the word "Trick" makes me know just how much you do not know about what you are confirming you say does not exsist.  Does it not exsist to you because you "can't" see it? or justify it logically in your mind or What?

1. profile image54
        novelist1000posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Holy Trinity does exist! I don't see the Holy Spirt but He is very much felt within me. To say that the Holy Spirit does not exist is ereasing the Father and the Son as well. You have to belief in all three not just part of the Trinity. The 'Trick" reminds me of an atheistic view and not the Truth of God.

2. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats why you wrote about your Christian beliefs and Hitler. You're a phoney! You're just here to cause trouble and see how many people you can piss-off!

1. Shafron's World profile image60
        Shafron's Worldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't mean to be flip, but the name Cynicist would indicate to me that this person intends to stick pins in other people's balloons just for the fun of it.  I suggest you either ignore them, or play along.  Eventually, they will get tired or get serious.  Who knows, along the way they may find something useful to say.

3. Shafron's World profile image60
      Shafron's Worldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

While I don't concur, sweet answer.

6. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

The Holy Spirit is referred to with feminine as well as masculine imagery why? Because we, being comparatively small mortal humans, have trouble relating personally to a being we have not anthropomorphized.

7. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

It is Asexaul neither male nor female smile

1. profile image0

It doesn't matter even if it had a sex. The Holy Spirit is our teacher and our recognition that our prayers are heard. I believe you are correct as allways.

8. Allan McGregor profile image60
    Allan McGregorposted 14 years ago

Good question ScarletRyan1970.

As God, the Holy Spirit has no polarised gender. The ‘he’ is used in the general sense to attribute personality, because we consider it rude to refer to any person as ‘it’, except for for some infants.

God’s title of Father refers to his being the Originator and Instigator of all creation, but God himself has both masculine and feminine traits which he imbued in man, as recorded in Genesis 1:26-28.

'Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

'So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. And God blessed them. And God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth."'

The Hebrew for Man is ‘Adam’ which can refer to mankind generally rather than the gender-specific male epithet ‘ish’ (woman is 'ishshah'). And Adam in turn, closely relates to Adamah (earth), Edom (red) and Dam (blood).

So Adam was originally created with the traits of both male and female, from whom God drew the female side out. This is biologically insightful, reflecting the genetic reality that you cannot create a man from a woman, because she has two X chromosomes but no Y chromosome, whereas a woman may be fashioned from a man who has both X and a Y.

So, if man was made in ‘God’s  image, after his likeness’, woman must reflect a vital aspect of God's being. However, in the heavenly realm where there is no necessity for physical procreation, spirits have no sex per se, as Jesus pointed out to the sceptical sect of the Sadducees in Matthew 22:23-30.

'The same day Sadducees came to him, who say that there is no resurrection, and they asked him a question, saying, "Teacher, Moses said, 'If a man dies having no children, his brother must marry the widow and raise up children for his brother.' Now there were seven brothers among us. The first married and died, and having no children left his wife to his brother. So too the second and third, down to the seventh. After them all, the woman died. In the resurrection, therefore, of the seven, whose wife will she be? For they all had her." But Jesus answered them, "You are wrong, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God. For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.'

Jesus again reveals God’s feminine side in Matthew 23:37, "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you would not!”

And in Judaism the tangible presence of God which is sometimes called ‘the Shekinah glory’ is often considered to represent God’s feminine side. So, the Holy Spirit is not a woman, but neither is he a man. As God he transcends both, combines both and completes both.

1. profile image0

You assume that the Holy Spirit is a person rather than an entity. When someone uses a word in general conversation to refer to something that doesn't automatically imply rude intentions. It's the spirit in which it is used that defines intention.

1. Allan McGregor profile image60
        Allan McGregorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, I don't assume the Holy Spirit is a person, it was Jesus who decribed him as 'another Comforter' - 'allon parakleton' in John 14:16, where other 'allos' means 'another of the same kind', as opposed to 'heteros' 'one of another kind', as in 'heterosexual'.

The Bible also ascribes other personal attributes to the Holy Spirit, such as his ability to be grieved or blasphemed. Indeed, in Greek law a parakletos was no mere entity but a lawyer or attorney, which is where we get the idea of his being our Counsellor.

What we would consider rude where we live, in Scotland, is that while, we would use general epithets like 'one' when referring to yourself or 'you' when referring to oneself, we would never use 'it' of anyone.

1. profile image0

Well my intention wasn't to offend anyone especially the Holy Spirit. I misspoke I'm sorry if I offended your sensibilities.

2. Bigbambowski profile image61
      Bigbambowskiposted 14 years agoin reply to this
      1. Bigbambowski profile image61
        Bigbambowskiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love your anwsers to these questions, matter of fact you are the reason I joined. You have a great understanding that I believe I can learn from, thank you for you input it was a greet help to me.

9. profile image0
    mikeq107posted 14 years ago

Great reply`s to all of the above :0)

I was driving one day many moons ago and tallking to the Holy spirit and as I rounded a corner..he spoke very cleary to me...He Said " Michael I,m not an it, I,m a person " That statement blew me away ...I had always refered to the holyspirit as it as a result of my Religious upbringing sad

To me and no disrepect to all of the above :0) the gender does not really mater...Jesus wanted to realate to us so he came as a man and when he left he sent back our councilor, teacher  / close companion the holy spirit who leads us into all truth..and the fact that my dad sent me a cool buddy to guide me down here is pretty darn wonderful and that he led me out of religion is a blessing beyond words....

To the oringal question ? male or female...never stop questioning until you get a personal revelation from the holy spirit after all thats why the spirit came to guide us into all truth...
    ok I,m going on LOL...Have a great week :0)

10. profile image0
    mikeq107posted 14 years ago

Just read my reply and noticed I refered to The spirit as a He , old habits die hard LOL !!!!

11. Sanctus Vesania profile image60
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

The Holy Spirit is an It; and the whole doctrine of the Trinity is unbiblical.  It wasn't conceived until around 200-300 AD.

And if anyone (Speaking to Trinity believers here) believes that saying the Trinity is unbiblical is blasphemy, consider this;

Several of the seven churches in Revelation didn't believe in the Trinity, and two of them received very little criticism.

None of the churches were criticized for not believing in the trinity.

Although, Proverbs does show that there may have been a co-creator called Wisdom, that created next to God.

1. Allan McGregor profile image60
      Allan McGregorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm in agreement with mikeq107 and Rick Marlow on this.

True, the word ‘trinity’ is nowhere mentioned in the Bible, but extrapolating from this that the doctrine is unbiblical is disingenuous. Nor was it invented by Athanasius (AD 293-373) then slipped into the Nicene Creed in AD 375, as seems to be suggested. Such obfuscations beg the question whether to begin ones rebuttal with the red herring or the straw man.

Tertullian (AD 160-225), to whom we are indebted for his ingenuity in devising the term ‘trinity’ to succinctly express the more convoluted concept of ‘triunetheism’ (belief in one God as three distinct personalities) was long dead before Athanasius was born.

Nor does the Trinity contradict the Shema: “Hear O Israel! The Lord our God, the Lord He is One.”

It is fallacy that Jesus never believed himself divine. So amply did Jesus assert it, his very crucifixion was engineered by Jerusalem’s religious authorities on the precise grounds of his alleged blasphemy in saying so.

And the personality of the Holy Spirit is supported both grammatically and contextually and he is personified as ‘the Comforter’, ‘does not speak on his own authority’, can be ‘grieved’ and so on.

The Holy Trinity is even reflected in Genesis 1:26, where Elohim says, “Let us make Man in our own image, after our likeness…” a statement not only pointing to God’s unified plurality but that of Man made in God's image, whom the Bible elsewhere reveals is triune in kind: composed of spirit, soul and body. So, which is it? Am I a spirit, or a soul, or a body? The astonishingly counterintuitive answer is, ‘Yes!’

Likewise: Is God the Father, or the Son, or the Holy Spirit? – Yes.

But perhaps the most moving depiction of the true nature of the Trinity is found in Luke 15; often regarded as three separate parables: the Lost Sheep, the Lost Coin and the Prodigal Son. In fact, as Jesus recounts them, their theme can be better rendered the Parables of the Finder – God himself – who a closer examination reveals as a Trinity.

The shepherd of a hundred sheep, who goes out in search of the lost one, represents Jesus himself. The woman with ten silver coins, who searches for the lost one, represents the Church in whom the Holy Spirit dwells. The loving father of two sons, rejected by one who later returns repentant, represents God the Father.

Each one; Shepherd, Woman and Father, relates slightly differently to the lost individual, but all are united in their loving concern and desire to seek and welcome them home.

That, to me, speaks far more eloquently of the true nature of our God than a thousand spurious theological arguments.

12. profile image0
    Rick Marlowposted 14 years ago

In many instances in the Bible the Spirit of God, The Spirit, The Holy Spirit, The Holy Ghost is referred to in the masculine.
    Some say that the Spirit is not a person but a power or force.
    But all scripture indicates to me that He is a person, He is masculine.There are many personal acts attributed to the Spirit.
    The Spirit said::Acts 13:2
    The Spirit speaks expressly::1 Timothy 4:1
    He saith to the churches:: Revelation 2:7
    He searches all things::1 Corinthians 2:10
    He makes intercession::Romans 8:27
    The mind of the Spirit:: Romans 8:27
    The Spirit knows the things of God::1 Corinthians 2:11
    He dwells in you 1 Corinthians:: 3:16
    He is sent by the Father John:: 14:26
    He guides, He speaks, He hears::John 16:13
    The Spirit said to Peter::Acts10:19
    The Holy Ghost said:: Acts 13:2
    The Father,Son and Holy Spirit work together numerous times,where They are joined together to accomplish something.
    Peter asked Ananias in Acts 5:3&4 about lying to the Holy Ghost and in verse 4 says (Thou Hast Not Lied Unto Men But Unto God)speaking of the Spirit.
    It appears very clear to me ,the Person of the Spirit

13. ControversyAndMe profile image58
    ControversyAndMeposted 14 years ago

I'm not a christian so a lot of you might not like this much, but I see life's trinity as two Gods and the child made in their form, or rather a combined form. Father, Mother, Child. I believe in a lot of things beyond that and it gets complicated, but I see a trinity as a cycle and believing in evolution I see life as a circle.
    I think Jesus was too smart for his time, St. Paul didn't even know Jesus and he wrote a whole book on him, so maybe I'm wrong but then who's to say he didn't purposely change things. Remember the wedding where he turned water to wine? It's a common jewish tradition that the groom bring the wine.
    Maybe the trinity is how you see it, but maybe there are many trinities in life and ourselves. If I'm right though, the next reincarnation of God is a girl.
    The holy trinity as defined by christians however, I see more like a representation of ourselves, our soul is the holy spirit, the part of us attached to the true God, the circle in my beliefs, our minds our own God's making our choices and ultimately making our world how we see it, and the son our body, our emotional and physical selves, the result of this mother and fathers child.

Lmao, nobody is going to understand a word of that haha. K just wanted to put my opinion in, ignore me hahaha.

14. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Hmmm.... Hang on a moment. Let me ask her...

15. ScarletRyan1970 profile image61

Hello,

Please stop trying to bible bash me.I only asked a light hearted Question. I will not be replying to Bible bashers.
    We don't do that here.I am a very delicate little human being.
    The Holy Spirit is a Mystery.
    Thankyou all the same for your input.Oh! by the way which Bible are you all quoteing from? Now i bet i have started another row.Hope not.I think i will head into the comedy club or the Humour room.

16. lampar profile image57
    lamparposted 14 years ago

Holy spirit is a spirit, it is not a human , animal or physical being, it is gender neutral.

17. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 14 years ago

S/He is a cute little dove with a halo.

18. ScarletRyan1970 profile image61

Just a thought.The Holy Spirit must have being in Human form
    on this planet before he/she became Spirit Form.Back in time that is.Then again maybe The Holy Spirit has yet to come in Human form.Just curious.

19. yolanda yvette profile image62
    yolanda yvetteposted 14 years ago

The Holy Spirit...He is a Spirit.

20. profile image0
    Direxmdposted 14 years ago

who cares?

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

atomswifey does. Nothing more interesting to say ?

21. profile image0
    zampanoposted 14 years ago

The Holy Spirit is a pigeon.

22. topgunjager profile image60
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

It's imagination brought to life, it's whatever you want it to be.

23. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

neither

24. eovery profile image59
    eoveryposted 14 years ago

I do like the concept that you do have the Holy Ghost as a separate entity, and not tied up in the 3 in one and 1 is three concept many religions teach. 

Keep on hubbing!

25. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

The trinity was a concept that i always got confused on.  But then that's normal for me.

26. shazz01109 profile image67
    shazz01109posted 14 years ago

I say that the Holy Spirit may not necessarily have a gender.  Then again, does it really matter?

27. JulietduPreez profile image70
    JulietduPreezposted 14 years ago

I would say that any higher consciousness is genderless

28. fatfist profile image69
    fatfistposted 14 years ago

No! The bible is all about the celebration of "men" and their penises used to rape women.

God hated women.
    Job 25:4-6 “How can one born of a woman be pure?”

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It wasn't God who said that, it was some guy called Bildad.

29. lionswhelp profile image68
    lionswhelpposted 14 years ago

Yes.

Starting with Genesis 1:2 to Revelation 22:17. The Holy Spirit is our Spritual Mother, Ruach HaKodesh. Jesus the Massiah said yes: John 3:3-8. Most Messianic Jews Say yes. OT the Holy Spirit is Female, try Vine's Dictionary of Hebrew and Greek words. Even the Greek translation of the OT gives Wisdom Knowledge, and Understandind a female name Sophia - Isaiah 11:2; Proverbs 1:18-23. A Mother Eagle - Dueteronomy 32:11. The One who teaches us new Christians after She borns us: John 14:16-17,26; 15:26; 16:7,-8,13. A good book to get hold of is: "Holy Spirit Mother:Because God is Family," Discover concealed Bible truths for healing family, marraige and gender relations, by Walesia Robinson Cates. M.D.. You can find one on Amazon.com.

Check my Hubs also!

The Lionswhelp

30. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Pure energy has no gender.

1. chukra G profile image61
      chukra Gposted 14 years agoin reply to this

her physical,gendre,colour etc is the aura of the pure energy that you meant smile. it can be male or female, not a big problem.

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Um, no, actually. I meant that pure energy has no gender. I think that statement pretty much explains itself, friend. :-)

31. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

gender free maybe

32. profile image57
    thetfinposted 14 years ago

Perhaps the best explanation is that it might have feminine qualities, but that does not make it a woman per se. For example: I, as a man could have feminine qualities. Would that make me a woman?
    The best explanation of the Trinity I can think of is that the Trinity is the three ways God expresses His love for us. He does so as the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. All are the same person expressing love in a distinct way. (Creator, Redeemer, and Guide). Does this make sense or am I being a heretic? hahaha

You're being delusional ! lol lol

2. Make  Money profile image65
      Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That makes a lot of sense to me thetfin.

A prayer that I say each morning describes the Holy Trinity like this, "the Power of the Father, the Wisdom of the Son and the merciful Tenderness of the Holy Spirit."

33. Artin2010 profile image65
    Artin2010posted 14 years ago

Another question to ponder along these lines is why did Satan temp Eve instead of going after Adam?
    Wisdom and women go hand in hand, so my answer would be yes and no on is the Holy Spirit a female entity. I would have to say both man and women make up the Holy Spirit.
    I have to agree with the Spirit being a genderless entity.

If you believe in that fairy tale !...
      the only thing in which I agree with you is that men and women ,make up the Holy Spirit. It's a myth.
      Thanks God ! lol lol

34. goldenpath profile image66
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

We believe that the Father and Son exist as two separate individuals along with the Holy Ghost.  However, the Father and Son exist with bodies of flesh and bone, perfected.  The mission of the Holy Ghost is to bear witness within each and every one of us of the Father and Son and of all truth whether scholastic or otherwise.  In order to accomplish this mission the Holy Ghost does not yet have a tangible body of flesh and bone but is truly a spirit that can, if invited, dwell and exist within each and every one of us. 

Our genders were born with us even when we dwelt with the Father as spirits prior to our sojourn on Earth.  It is a very part of the core of who we are.  The Godhead constitutes authority and power of the priesthood.  This priesthood exists and is endowed upon the male gender.  As a part of the Godhead and a holder of this authority and power the Holy Ghost is male. 

As a sidenote let's not confuse the priesthood with modern sexism.  The males hold this authority, yes, but the females uphold it and aid to sanctify and justify that authority through their own works.  This authority must be endowed by the Father and must be a "similitude" of the Father and the Son.

I respect your views and all else and I thank you for sharing your personal beliefs with us.

ScarletRyan1970posted 14 years agoin reply to this

WE! Are you human?

Scarlet

35. sannyasinman profile image59
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

The answer to your question is "yes, the Holy Spirit is a man or a woman" - or anything else you choose. We humans beings with our limited mental capacity, cannot conceive of, or truly relate to anything which is beyond our personal experience and reality, thus the need for human representations. 

So, yes, visualise it, label it, any way you like as long as you feel comfortable with the imagery and can get that out of the way to concentrate on the essence.

The Holy Spirit is a women.

Scarlet.

1. sannyasinman profile image59
        sannyasinmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As I said, if that imagery makes you comfortable, that's fine. For you.

2. tantrum profile image60

What a blond answer ! lol
        Or is it bland ? big_smile

1. Cagsil profile image69
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Tantrum,

What's up?

Some bland blond lol

No actually i am Bald.

1. Coquin profile image58
                Coquinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A true red head - well I take my hat off to you. smile

Why thankyou. I do love wearing Hats.

LOL Scarlet

36. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

This may come as a shock to some and I'm pretty sure, you will take it for what it's worth.

I studied religion most of my life, from age 5 up to 35. I was born and baptised 'catholic'. I've made my communion and confirmation.

I am currently 41 with my past birthday and haven't had any form of religion in my life since age 35, because I stopped believing.

How ever, my studies lead me to understand that the 'Holy Spirit' and/or 'Holy Ghost', is a Man. Even, in my extra studies done in religion, after I stopped believing, has also lead me to understand that the 'Holy Spirit' / 'Holy Ghost' is a man.

37. shanekruger profile image59
    shanekrugerposted 14 years ago

Definitely A MAN

1. pylos26 profile image71
      pylos26posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Obviously,the HOLY spirit is a sieve. Or a see through spirit. ho ho.

38. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

the holy spirit is an animal..think about it

39. linda-patriot profile image60
    linda-patriotposted 14 years ago

I BELIEVE THE Holy spirit is  a male persona, because He interprets what Christ thinks and the Father thinks.  The female in heaven is the Virgin mary and she is definitely labeled female.  The trinity is male.  But I can say as a female, God certainly uderstands me and He gets me better than anyone else.  I just think that sense the Trinity is One it stands to reason that they are all male.

40. Pr0metheus profile image58
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

Man busts a nut and bails.

Women host their offspring, nurture them, and are always there when they need them.

Definitely a man...

Or a figment of imagination... you choose.

41. profile image50
    child of christposted 14 years ago

IN THE BIBLE IT SAYS WE ARE GODS,( OR DIUSES) DEMOCRACY SAYS HALF ASS MEN ARE THE RULERS AND SLAVE DRIVERS OF THE WORLDL WHEN THE CREATOR SAID THE FEMALES OR WOMEN AS THE RECREATORS OF HIS CREATION IT IS AN INSULT  TO OUR CREATOR AND TO ALL WOMEN TO BE LED OR DRIVEN BY THESE SELF SERVING CREATURES THAT CALL THEMSELVES MEN CAUSE MEN DO NOT DO THAT SO WERE ARE MADE BOTH IN MIND SHE IS FEMALE  TO THE WOMEN TO BE ABLE TO DEFEND WHAT IS HERS AS SHOULD A MAN

42. profile image50
    child of christposted 14 years ago

THE HOLY SPIRIT OR THE HOLY GHOST IS THE ONE THAT WILL SEE HIMSELF IN IT  THE FATHER AND THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT OR GHOST WHICH IS THE ONE CHRIST SENDS TO LET THE WORLD KNOW OF THE POWER OF DIUS

43. lionswhelp profile image68
    lionswhelpposted 14 years ago

Denno66,

Yes pure energy! Yes, All three are Spirit and do not need sex to reproduce. However, their greatest achievement is to have a family. Yehovah the originator , Gen.1:1 takes the Father position. Ruach HaKodesh Genesis 1:2 - Takes the Position as mother and birther hovering over her empty nest as a mother eagle, the one who literally has the job of borning us and training us 24/7, John 3:3-8;John 16:13. Yeshua, Jesus the Christ is the Word and spokesman for God the Father in the Old Testament an as the God of Israel. Then born of God in the New Testament and becomes spokesman again and reintroduces both the Father and the Holy Spirit to humans, John 3:3-8,16-17.As God's
    spiritual sperm or seed he is used to start the Church, God's "birthing center" where the Holy Spirit dwells, 1 Corinthians 3:16-17. All "symbolic" of course.

Does Good need sex ? Well, yes but he has given us humans this job or reproducing children in the flesh, who are to qualify and become new children for God, Romans 8:16.God loves us and shares this most important event with us instead of just doing it themselves which is not needed in the way they created angels, Isaiah 55:8-9. They remain as our Heavenly parents and Jesus Christ our Redeemer as their most beloved Son.

The sadist thing about all this at this time in history is most seem to understand the Father and the Son, but The Holy Spirit is a big mystery to most humans, especially those claiming to be Christians. Even the pagans have male and female gods like the Greeks, Babylonians, and Egyptians. But their gods are not God. But even Satan knows how important family is for control of civilization and is using it to destroy us with his evil ways, Genesis 3:1-16, Revelation 12:9.

The Lionswhelp

44. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

neither

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)