Why do you hate Christians?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 62 discussions (209 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

With six out of ten and the majority contributers against religion and Christianity in particular, why do liberals claim they are attacked by Christians? The numbers show the opposite is true.

1. marinealways24 profile image58
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you think I am a liberal or that I hate christians?

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're a mess to me, you come accross as a liberal who wants everything logical. I hope you don't hate anyone.

1. sooner than later profile image61
          sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. marinealways24 profile image58

What do you mean I am a mess? I try not to hate anyone. How do you believe I am a liberal?

1. profile image0

Well conservatives are typically religious, not always I know. If you were conservative you would at least appreciate the moral guidelines the Bible provides because you would want an ordered sociaty. If the Bible worked, whether you believed it or not , you would encourage it's use.

1. Colebabie profile image60
              Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are so confusing. I know I won't believe as you do, but I would like to at least understand what you are trying to say.

1. profile image0

Thats because I'm stupid. Extracting all variables and classifying behaviors as typical: liberals live for short term pleasure and conservatives typically have longer term goals that provide security and balance. Thats how "I" see it.

1. blue dog profile image59
                  blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you'll not get any arguments on that "stupid" comment.

1. profile image0
                2. Colebabie profile image60

I never said you were stupid Sneako, nor do I think it. But by generalizing you are losing out on a lot. But it is your life, and you will do with it what you want. It isn't about short term pleasure Sneako. I wouldn't be working my ass off for four years if I didn't think it would satisfy life goals. Quit making assumptions and generalizations, you don't know the people you are talking about.

1. profile image0
                    Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I imagine you could change that "stupid" (I use quotation marks because I'm using a phrase that is tongue-in-cheek, or which is put forth ostensibly, but may not be true) if you wanted to.

I find people sometimes take short cuts in some areas in order to be successful in others.  That's the short answer, but I think it is valid.  I'll bet you are an excellent business man.

lol  I just KNOW your type (generalized, but yeah, I do).

2. profile image0

We've all been there and there will be those after you and those after them. It's life we had a youth and I had youthful exuberance too. I thought I had it all figured out too. When reality comes knocking it knocks down even the toughest. I was a hippy and so was my wife we did what hippies did. We decided to get married so I went in to the service to help pay for her college. I didn't fight but I had to help put lives back together and I picked up the human debris after suicides and injuries. When I went out the same type people that I used to hang with called us murderers ,spit at us and picked fights with us. That ended my liberal days. And when the gays vandalized the churches in Cal. I saw it all over again. I'm a Christian and I'm proud of it and thats all there is.

2. profile image0
      thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I only counted five whose the 6th?

1. profile image0

Man I don't type this fast!
        1. cagsil
        2. marine
        3. tantrum
        4. earnest
        5. denno66
        6.*jerami
        7.Evolution
        8.*me
        9.*mohit
        10. * spiderpam

1. profile image0

That's what I said, this forum is weird.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I haven't read all of the answers to this-- it may have already been answered. The early Christian scriptures say this will happen. So? Get over it. Christians should expect this-- if it were otherwise, the scriptures would be wrong.

1. profile image0

You're so right! This is actually doubling as typeing class and it's hard to keep up. My wife says thatI'm going to freeze up but I don't listen to her she types well over a hundred words a minute. I know it's coming.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
          Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is a great strategy.
          Post in the religion or politics forum and you get lots of typing practice.  I need the practice, too, but I'm trying to avoid the R and P forums.

1. profile image0

I should to sometimes it makes me sad.

2. smarleygrl7 profile image60
        smarleygrl7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree!  It is scripture and therefore we should expect this rejection.  Jesus did!

4. Paraglider profile image88
      Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So my question to you is "why do you think being a liberal and being a Cristian are mutually exclusive?" My interest in this is purely academic, as I am neither.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do not hate anyone. Hate is a very strong word. I might disagree with the behaviour of someone but I certainly do not hate them.

And...many liberals are also Christian...as I have said to you several times. There are as many threads attacking atheists and others by Christians as the opposite.

Anyway, I'm not getting into another circular argument... see you later.

I love you too!

6. IntimatEvolution profile image67
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whose numbers say it is the opposite?

7. spiderpam profile image74
      spiderpamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's 8 to 2 now.

8. MikeNV profile image67
      MikeNVposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Religion is a creation of man used to explain to their own personal satisfaction a belief in order to cope.

People do not argue over God, they argue over what they believe God Believes.

9. Paraglider profile image88
      Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. thevoice profile image60
        thevoiceposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This why hate religions have killed God children for thousands of years. accept all religion s yet know all life is born of God Jesus the holy spirit

10. seyiari profile image61
      seyiariposted 14 years agoin reply to this

christians are followers of christ you can't hate them because you can't do nothing against the truth but for the truth.

11. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i don't hate Christians. but there are a copuple of alleged Christians at HubPages who certainly rub me the wrong way. i don't dare summon them by speaking their names out loud yikes

12. Alessia Amnesia profile image61
      Alessia Amnesiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure 6/10 Christians hate people of other religions and political parties as well. They just won't admit they dislike anyone.

Liberals ARE attacked by Christians and Christians ARE attacked by Liberals. Everyone thinks their way is best and refuses to live in the shades of gray that are necessary for a more peaceful world.

Why can't everyone just agree to disagree?

2. hubber-2009 profile image56
    hubber-2009posted 14 years ago

WHY?

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Why would anyone bother to hate christians?

1. profile image0

They think we condemn and we deny rights and we think we're superior.

Who's words are you using? Why do you think you can speak for everyone?

1. profile image0

Ok, they think I condemn and deny rights and I think I'm superior. Better?

Read before you post. So to answer your question, no.

1. LiamBean profile image81
                LiamBeanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He denies a superior attitude and calls you girl.

IRONY ALERT!

Just a little bit wink

2. profile image0

I'm well over twice her age.

And what does that have to do with showing her some respect?

2. LiamBean profile image81

You don't?

News to me!

1. profile image0

Crawl back in your hole, I've got enuogh on my plate at this moment but, I do love you.

Crawl back in my hole? Well I'm certainly glad you don't harbor a superior attitude toward others.

If you did it would be UNBEARABLE...for everyone else posting here.

1. profile image0

You ought to see me on a bad day!

2. profile image56
            C.J. Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats it isn't it? Thats it in a nutshell. Its the harsh treatment of homosexuals. The politicizing of abortion. Tele-Evanglist who in large part are nothing more than con artist. Much of the Religous right is seen as no different from the Humanist left. Rightfully so, in my opinion.
            I consider myself a Christian. I grew up in that enviroment. I have heard the double talk.  I was there when Jimmy Swagart said "I have sin'd"... "I have sin'd against you". I also was there to see the good Christians are capable of. Because I was able to see both sides I decided to, at least in some part keep the principles and throw away the community.  The "church" community realy needs to take a hard look at how they are percieved by those they wish to "save". To so many of non believetd, the problem with "born again" people is that they are such a pain in the ARSE the second time around!

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
              Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have to say that the trials and tribulations of Jimmy Swaggart and the Tammy Faye and all those other televangelists of that ilk make for good but very brief entertainment.  Can't help but snigger. I agree with you that they are a problem but not for one second do they represent Christians to me.

1. profile image56

Nor I, but they are an accepted part of the community(outsiders view). Just as "jihadist" appear to be an accepted part of the Muslim community.

Yeah? The Swaggart televangelist cries and robs you of your money.  The jihadist plots to successfully kill and has killed infidels. If that's the case I would worry more about the muslim community.

1. profile image56

Perception is often quite different than reality. Keep in mind, I was talking about perceptions.  Not my personal views.

Well I thought that's what we're talking about.  People who look at Christians tend to take the televangelist as representative of Christians while they don't look at jihadists as representative of Muslims.  Hence they worry more about Christians.

2. profile image0

We are not perfect but do our failures justify their choices?

1. profile image56

Do not try and justify someone elses choices. Its futile, frustrating and pompus.  Set the example. A quiet example makes a bold statement. People see the truth, even when they wont admit it. Hammering someone, or arguing them into a corner only brings out the worst in them and ultimately you as well.

3. nikki1 profile image61
          nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not all Christians think that way.

2. Valerie F profile image60
        Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Or anyone, for that matter? Yet unfortunately, too many people don't find better ways to invest their energies.

2. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years ago

The majority of people in the world believe in some conception of God, Sneako.

This forum is just weird, for one.  And 'liberals' in general I don't think hate Christians, either.  I personally do not care much for Christianists...which is a different thing...but Christians are OK.

It's a bit like this:  The cool kids here are atheists/rationalists, so the others don't say anything, because they don't want to be thrown in with the geeks (lol, which are your 'Christians' here on the forum).  Also, the most rational of people, wink, are relatively keen to keep their beliefs to themselves, because it makes the most sense.

1. profile image0

Thank you Lita that was very sterile.

1. profile image0

Um, I'm sorry.  Can you translate that from Sneako-speak for me?

1. profile image0

God.  OK.  Here's the deal:  We "liberals" (whatever), don't hate "Christians."  We don't like fundamental idiots that bother and interfere with other people's rights/beliefs.

That clear enough?

2. profile image0

Cool is mostly a function of age and this is a forum. But I do agree most conservatives wouldn't bother with this nonsense because it wouldn't be worth the time. Sterile because you sound like you left your emotion at home.

1. profile image0

I would BE one of those theists.  And I'm not a 'conservative.'  See the above post of mine.

Maybe I'm not 'emotional' because sometimes I feel I have more in common with the rationalists/atheists.

And trust me, there are cool kids on this forum, wink.  Mark Knowles is the coolest!  (lol)  But true.

1. profile image0

You mean know-it-all Mark? Sorry I think hes a pathetic clown, he would never hunt or fish with me.

2. samsbr profile image40
          samsbrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, i dont hate any religion person God is one it might be in any religion. The True is only Mankind there would be no differentiate Man is the only True no religion nothing is there. I love every religion people all are men thats the truth rest are bull sit

2. Make  Money profile image66
        Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Cool" is a matter of opinion. smile

3. Colebabie profile image60
      Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Am I a liberal Sneako?

1. profile image0

Oh hell yes! You're a crusader for individual freedom. I still think you're a good girl.

I am a good woman. I am a great woman. Figure that! A "liberal" and a great person. Goes against every preconceived notion you ever had, doesn't it?
          And obviously I don't hate Christians. So stop thinking you can speak for an entire group. Listen and learn from others. Because your beliefs and your experience does not speak or apply to everyone.

1. profile image0

Are you sure you're woman? When did that happen?

When I became more or as mature than half the "adults" I know. I know you see me as a "little girl" but get over that belief.

4. believeinhim profile image60
      believeinhimposted 14 years ago

Hate is a strong word. What's to hate? Christians just want to worship. Nothing wrong with that.
      God bless,
      believeinhim

5. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years ago

I don't hate christians !
      i have a lot of christian friends, who accept me the same way I accept them.
      I despise the ones that think I'm a poor sinner doomed to Hell and that they have to pray for me, in order to save me;
      When they know that I don't believe.
      I think they're disgusting .
      They don't deserve my respect.

I'll pray for you

1. tantrum profile image61
          tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks !
          Everyone will understand what I'm talking about !

smile

2. cheaptrick profile image75
        cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm praying for you!Naughty,Naughty girl...

lol
          another cheap trick ! lol

1. cheaptrick profile image75

Ahh my dear,you know me to well....lol.

We know each other too well, I think ! lol big_smile smile

3. advisor4qb profile image75
        advisor4qbposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is difficult to feel rejected or judged by people, when they have no right to judge who you are and what you believe.  Some of the people you are referring to feel it is their God-given duty to shove their beliefs down everyone's throat and end up throwing the "You are a sinner who is going to Hell if you don't buy what I am selling you" mentality at people who reject their pitch.  Buying into that negativity and standing in judgment of them for what you believe to be their self-righteousness may be just as bad or maybe even worse than what they are doing to you. 

As a born-again Christian, I can't say that I agree with your beliefs, but of course I do accept them and accept that everyone has a right to their own beliefs.  I also know that I was not always a Christian, and before I was "saved," I did still hold a belief in God, I just didn't know how to direct it and had never formally been a member at any church. 

Whenever a person is ready, the right thing will happen.  I think the saying "When the student is ready, the teacher appears" is an old adage.  That has always proven true for me.  When I was ready to find the Lord, He found me by putting me in the right place.

And so it will be with you.

Namaste.

I don't think so !
          But thanks!
          you are another example of what I'm talking about

1. advisor4qb profile image75

I'm sorry you feel that way.

I'm sure you do !
              thanks once more !
              But with the first post, it was enough.
              I got the picture of the kind of person you are.

NOW who is being judgmental?!

I was just trying to be nice and tell you how no one should tell you what to believe. 

I simply added that I don't agree with you in that I believe and you don't.

You exude an enormous amount of negative energy...that is unfortunate.

PS NAMASTE (which is what I had said before) means:
                "All that is best and highest in me greets/salutes all that is best and highest in you."

I truly wish you the best!

BOY, these forums get rough!

lol lol
                  You're so transparent !

Thanks again !
                  I love a good laugh !

2. cheaptrick profile image75

I have to jump in here!I've taken a Tongue lashing from TANTRUM.You shouldn't confuse Negative energy with unvarnished truth/

I guess the truth here is simply a matter of opinion.

4. behindcrossroads profile image60
        behindcrossroadsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can only save yourself. It's a matter of personal decision. If you believe that there is no hell then that is your choice. But the greatest bestselling book of all times did mention hell. I believe it is real.

6. Colebabie profile image60
      Colebabieposted 14 years ago

He knows that I'm a good person. And it kills him that a "liberal" young adult who doesn't believe as he does could actually contribute and do some good in this world.

7. sooner than later profile image61
      sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

I love liberals. they make me feel smart

Why do people generalize? Its like taking a giant step backwards.

1. profile image0

Because we don't know you personally. If we did we could clarify exactly where we differ.

But why generalize at all? Are liberals making your life miserable? If you really think so, you need to get over it and live your life. Quit generalizing and putting people into little boxes. If you spent as much time as you do categorizing and spreading negativity on something positive you would improve the world you blame everyone else on destroying.

1. profile image0

This is the only place i discuss anything religious or political. I don't mess with that during the day I have people to watch.

2. profile image0
      3. profile image0

I love you!

8. donotfear profile image83
      donotfearposted 14 years ago

Why was this idiodic thread even started? Just to stir things up?

why do you smile so big? because a camera was pointed at you?

1. donotfear profile image83
          donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Could it be.......SAAAATAN!!!!!!?????

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/fordonotfear/churchlady.jpg

meow

2. profile image0

I did so shoot me!

1. donotfear profile image83
          donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/fordonotfear/Churchchat.jpg
          Well, now, isn't that special?

2. profile image49
          kstewposted 14 years agoin reply to this

with pleasure smile

9. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 14 years ago

Add me to the list of Christians, BUT - I'm nonjudgmental and very accepting of others. I respect everyone's right to believe in their own form of religion or spirituality, or not to believe in anything beyond themselves. It's their own personal decision. Judging them is "above my pay grade."

1. profile image0

Smart Lady!

10. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 14 years ago

I've also found that the "Christians" who are berated on these forums are sometimes very judgmental, and some of them are just downright mean! (not talking about you, sneak) They give the rest of us a bad name. We should be models of tolerance and acceptance - not ridicule and judgment.

We atheists,  know the difference.
        Thanks habee for your wise words ! smile

2. profile image0

Thanks Habee! I really don't have a problem with anyone but I believe what I believe.

1. yoshi97 profile image55
          yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

We all have a right to believe - or disbelieve - what we chose, and no one should be berated for that. Some of us worry far too much about the beliefs of others when our own beliefs are the only ones that really have any affect on our lives.

My friends are from all walks of life ... believer, non-believer, and those that are uncertain ... and I allow them all to chose their own path. smile

1. profile image0

You got it right.

2. Colebabie profile image60

Agreed Yoshi. I think my life wouldn't be complete if I only surrounded myself with people like me.

3. profile image0

Isn't that a judgment?

It's a fact

1. profile image0

If you say so, I'm going to bed.

hmm
              Good night !

Tantrum, is that armpit hair I see?

2. profile image0

She didn't mean it that way it's tough to try and be fair when you are sterio-typed.

Ugh. You are so confusing.

1. profile image0

Cole I'm very simple but I try to walk a tight-rope. A devout Christian and a moderate and sometimes I don't get either right.
              My wife is saying leave them people alone that meansit's bed time. You're great and keep working hard it's worth it. Good night.

It isn't about "getting it right" its about being happy. That is my problem. People who feel the need to conform to a label, rather than just living and doing what they feel is right. You put people into boxes but don't feel it is right to stereotype. You can't stand liberals or those who aren't Christian but agree it is important to be accepting to those of all beliefs. Just do what YOU think is right. Stop trying to be something you obviously aren't.

11. pylos26 profile image71
      pylos26posted 14 years ago

Don't hate christians...its just that headache they always give ya.

12. bukan profile image59
      bukanposted 14 years ago

Sorry ! Never i hate anyone except me smile

13. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 14 years ago

Like a few other here, I have friends who are liberals, ultra conservatives, Christians, atheists, and those who are undecided. One of my closest friends is a left-wing liberal from the North, and she's also a Christian - yes, many liberals are Christians.

One thing I love about the US is that it's such a melting pot. We can learn so much from each other if we just open our hearts and our minds. I love "hanging out" with people from different cultures!

14. profile image50
      SamiTheFinnishBoyposted 14 years ago

Why hate christians? Well they worship the prophet of GOD and they think prophet Jesus is a son of GOD.

You hate them for that? I agree that they contradict logic, but I don't hate them for their belief. If you believe in separatism through belief which is exactly hate, you differ from no Christian. So, because someone chooses separation from you because of your belief means you choose separation from them? A logical mind should rise above a faith filled mind to learn more, not be content with separatism.

15. shanekruger profile image60
      shanekrugerposted 14 years ago

I will never hate any christian.

16. JBrett profile image60
      JBrettposted 14 years ago

Why hate anyone? What is the point?  Respect each individual for who and what they are inside, not their political or religious views.  Hate uses energy - bad energy.  Time is better spent looking for the good and acceptance.

17. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

dont hate anyone, loving is better, want you all share a brewed coffee with me..

1. profile image0
        Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll have a coffee with you . . . maybe add a little brandy  . . . smile

I don't think anyone hates Christians (except some radical Muslims) I think a lot of people are just tired of their holier-than-thou attitude to those who don't think like they do. You know, the "you're going to rot in hell forever if you don't believe as the Bible says to" stuff.

There are many paths to God. Those who are zealots should just be happy that a person believes at all and not try to micromanage some else's belief.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
          prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ok brandy too, YAY< when??

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
          Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said. I agree with you. I think that is a rare occurence big_smile

1. profile image0
            Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks UW - I'm glad we can agree smile

18. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/mgs/lowres/mgsn52l.jpg

I only hate the ones who knock on my door.

19. profile image50
      SamiTheFinnishBoyposted 14 years ago

Someone asks why hate anyone. Well some people are sick in the head.

20. smarleygrl7 profile image60
      smarleygrl7posted 14 years ago

I don't think that every liberal hates christians just as I don't think that every christian hates liberals.  First of all a Christian shouldn't hate anyone.  I am a conservative and a Christian and I do not hate liberals, I may not agree with them.  Disagreeing with them tho is far different than hating them.  It is discouraging to find however that when I voice my opinion I am often seen as stupid and a back wood thinker.  Why am I labelled when I do no different than anyone else by voicing a different view?  I do not lose sleep over it at night, but it is discouraging.

21. profile image0
      B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

I have no bit of hate, not one bone in my physical body, nor my spirit and aura hates Christians or anyone..We are all allowed to believe in what we want, and I feel no one is right or wrong for having a belief..

so go ahead, hate me..it does not bother me, but I will never hate you back just because your rights to belive in any religion you want..

I only have hate for child molestors, theives, serial killers, and dark people...

22. Will Apse profile image88
      Will Apseposted 14 years ago

I'm far too much of a liberal to hate any religious group. On the other hand Christians are people and when Christians are spewing out nonsense about the age of the planet or the facts of life or the justice of murderous wars(a minority I know but still a significant number)I sometimes find my eyes starting to roll in my head of their own accord.

When a great religion is popularized and led my ill educated, self-seeking crowd pleasers as it increasingly  is, it is hard to find the tolerance that the New Testament teaches. If Christianity wants respect it needs to reconnect with the idea that God is Truth.

23. Len Cannon profile image89
      Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

Serious post: I do not hate Christians.  I have much more enmity towards regressives.

24. profile image0

I don't think its imagined ,especially in the forums, that the liberals aren't liberal. They demand tolerance for bizare behaviors and cry foul at those who don't jump in. I'm  convinced that had they controlled their urges to act out and had more respect for themselves, they would appreciate the Christian position. The saying "misery loves company" is exactly the case except they demand company feeling "if every one does it" it's ok. It's not ok with Christians and it's not ok with God. It is your choice, free agency, but with every choice we make comes consequences good or bad. To make a choice then demand no consequences is very immature.

Hi Sneak! I find the term "liberal" is one of those Animal Farm words that is defined one way but really mean the opposite.

1. profile image0

Hey Flightkeeper! I agree. I wonder how they justify the use of the word.

It's all marketing to them Sneak.  The more people they can sucker in, the better.

25. Niteriter profile image60
      Niteriterposted 14 years ago

Does it have to be Christians against liberals, Sneako? No two Christians are alike, no two liberals are alike, no two snowflakes... etc. How about considering the idea that some people are just apt to feel angry? Besides, I haven't finished my green tea yet!

1. profile image0

No it doesn't. I wish it wasn't. And I agree about people but issues in general are pretty much divided. There are variables that cause people to ebb and flow but you either are for some issues or you're not.

26. Niteriter profile image60

@ Sneako: I am for good lively debate (you and marine always put on a good show) about the issues but not about the worth of each others views. I am also not for placing labels on each other for unkind purposes.

1. profile image0

Those are fair comments.

27. Niteriter profile image60

Evangelizing is a troublesome idea; it backs the evangelizer ito a corner of impossible ideals and it traps the evangelizee into a position of no polite way out.

28. Niteriter profile image60

You got me cornered here, C.J. I'm throwing my good intentions out the window; the worst is coming out; I'm trading in this green tea for good black coffee!

1. profile image56

Green tea allways makes me gittery....

29. Niteriter profile image60

Watch yourself there, C.J. Flightkeeper fights with bare knuckles.

1. profile image56

Not fighting. Just discussing.

I appreciate the discussion CJ, it's unfortunate though there is very little of that taking place elsewhere.  If someone disagrees with me that's okay and we can discuss it.  However I'm not afraid to get into it if you start verbally abusing me, I try to give as good as I get.  And I usually don't do anything until someone starts it first.

Then I usually try to have fun big_smile

30. Niteriter profile image60

Just kidding.

31. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Why do you keep starting these forums?  You don't care anyways. If you did the question would be much different and I'll add certainly more creative.

32. Niteriter profile image60

Sneako started this one. Besides, I love you dearly. Please don't yell at me.

33. profile image0

no  one is allowed to yell at niteriter, I need him big_smile

34. Niteriter profile image60

I love you even more.

35. profile image0

I did and I'm responsible for starting the trouble. The lefts tendency to represent odd life choices and demand tolerance seems alittle less than liberal once the Christianity becomes the topic.

36. Niteriter profile image60

You're a trouble maker, sneako. I don't know if I'm left or right; I keep getting them mixed up. Which makes me wrong most of the time.

37. profile image0

I know. I'm sorry. I actually used to call myself a conservative democrat but they got too wierd for even me. I'm really an issue voter more than anything.

38. profile image0

big_smile

1. profile image0

You have a nice face. Not being personal just a friendly observation.

1. profile image0
          lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you are so kind  hmm:

39. Jonathan Janco profile image60
      Jonathan Jancoposted 14 years ago

I am very troubled by the attitudes represented in these posts. Obviously, we all feel the need to wave our judge mallots from time to time, but the nature of this debate is quite volatile. As far as I believe, we are all children of God and God's love for all of us is unconditional regardless of our belief. Our true form is spirit not body. When we seperate ourselves through belief or through hatred or through violence, we are simply being resistant to our natural collectiveness and the unconditional love that God feels for us.
      Peace be with all of you.
      My only advice is to give in to love . . . first for yourself.
      The rest is quite easy.

40. Niteriter profile image60

I admire your feisty spirit, Flightkeeper. I even agree with some of the things you say... which make you wrong on whatever point that happens to be! (I was kidding with C.J. in case you hadn't seen the post.) Cheers!

41. profile image49
      kstewposted 14 years ago

First of all , no one should really have anything against anyone, does'nt matter what they beleaive, I personally am a proud christian, but that does'nt mean all I do it "worship" so stop!!!! putting words into peoples mouths!!!! who are you to judge!! seriously, everyone has different things they beleave in, leave it alone, leave them alone and start to worry about YOU.

42. earnestshub profile image80

Is this what you are referring to?

Charles March, a self-described evangelical Christian and professor of religion at the University of Virginia, examined the speeches of numerous "influential evangelical ministers" in the six months prior to the invasion of Iraq in March 2003. According to Marsh, "The single most common theme among the war sermons appeared to be this: Our president is a real brother in Christ, and because he has discerned that God's will is for our nation to be at war against Iraq, we shall gloriously comply."

43. troyjones profile image57
      troyjonesposted 14 years ago

I am an atheist and a civil liberatarian.  That means I fall on the side of a strong sense of personal responsibility.  However, unlike the GOP when a company doesn't live up to their responsibilities I say nail 'em to the wall - instead of "we need less regulation".  But I digress.

Most of this post will seem like a digression but I'm trying to make my point via an example.

In my experience, the fact that I am an atheist automatically makes conservative Christians call me a liberal even when I agree on many supposed conservative principles - i.e. personal responsibility and small government issues.  However, because of their preconceptions, everything I say is viewed thru the lens that I am a liberal.  As a result, many questions of politics - such as gay marriage - are viewed as coming from a liberal, Christian hater.  That's just not true.

I think gays should be allowed to marry because it is a matter of equality for all.  And since I don't believe that the government has any business regulating matters of faith then I also believe that marriage - as a function of government - cannot be a matter of faith.  We do not deny atheists the right to marry.  Nor do we believe those people who quote the Bible when saying the Blacks cannot marry Whites.  I don't think Christian beliefs about marriage should influence the way our government regulates marriage as a matter of law.  If an individual church or denomination chooses to not marry gay people that is their right.  If you choose to shun gay couples that is your right.  However, forcing your religious beliefs about marriage on all of American society is not.  There is no hate here but rather a disagreement about the boundaries of government intrusion into religion, our lives and our choices.  You can probably guess how this opinion has been received among my conservative Christian friends.

My point is simply that there is no hate for Christians in opinion but my views are still considered hateful simply because I disagree.  So when I read posts about "9 out of 10 people hate Christians..." I wish to clarify that there is no hate or malice much of the time.  Often times, like so many parts of life, we are talking past each other and not listening at all.

One final observation...  The atheists who spend a lot of time trying to tear down religion are no different (IMHO) than those Christians who spend all of their time preaching and trying to convert others.  Both do so primarily because of a lack of faith and self-respect.  Arrogance should not be misconstrued as self-respect.

The anger response is, IMHO, due to a crack in the armor.  We get angry because we don't fully understand our own beliefs.  We do not understand the "unknowables" about our belief.  And we  don't trust our own decision making.  Sometimes that is due to a lack self-respect and sometimes it is due to a less than conscious understanding that haven't really scrutinized our own beliefs so we implicitly understand our beliefs have hidden weaknesses.

44. profile image49
      Precious100posted 14 years ago

CHRISTIANS ARE HATED BECAUSE OF THEIR LOVE FOR CHRIST. IF YOU HATE JESUS CHRIST YOU WILL HATE HIS FOLLOWERS...CHRISTIANS. THE BOOK OF ST JOHN CONSTANTLY SPEAK THAT WE WILL BE HATED BY THE WORLD BECAUSE THEY HATE JESUS. (ALTHOUGH YOU FIND MANY WHO CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS BUT YET HATING HIS PEOPLE). DON'T BE EXPECTED TO BE LOVED BY THE WORLD. REALITY THE WORLD DO NOT LOVE CHRIST NEITHER WILL THEY LOVE US. DO YOU THINK SATAN LOVE GOD? ...WRONG!

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Poor thing... Such a hate to the World is a heavy load to carry along your way... No wonder the World treats you accordingly...

45. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years ago

Can't all of us just get along? ***sigh*** sad

1. alexandriaruthk profile image68
        alexandriaruthkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

good one

46. profile image0
      jcmmanuelposted 14 years ago

I think this question raises from a rather conflict model kind of approach. This approach is not typical for atheism or Christianity or so, it is prevalent in both (and other) communities. Atheists like the 'new atheists' are notorious for it and 'Christian nationalists' / fundamentalists are notorious as well for this type of exclusive behavior. When you have an open mind though, on both sides of a gap, you can talk with people on the basis of reason, commonsense, mutual respect. As a Christian I have many atheist friends - atheists are human beings and they can be reasonable & polite just like any other kind of people, it's that simple.

47. MarieKD profile image59
      MarieKDposted 14 years ago

I personally love Jesus. He is amazing. I would just like to apologize if any of you have been hurt by Christians. I'm definitely not perfect- often I fall into the trap of religion instead of a vibrant relationship with God.

Jesus hated religion. The pharisees were experts in religious law. The pharisees hated Jesus. He challenged societal norms. He loved those that the pharisees deemed untouchable.

I pray that one day I would be able to see the heart of those I come in contact with first and foremost, the way Jesus did.

48. earnestshub profile image80

As long as "believers" keep ramming their ridiculous crap down our necks, I for one will fight them all the way! I am well over religious hypocrites telling me and my family that we are going to rot in hell. It's your hell, you rot in it! smile

lol lol
        hi earnest !
        This looks like your personal 'jihad'
        lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)