If you were to rank the following in importance to you, how would you prioritize

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (39 posts)
  1. pstraubie48 profile image82
    pstraubie48posted 11 years ago

If you were to rank the following in importance to you, how would you prioritize them?

In order from most important to least---happiness, love, money, fame, compassion

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7547942_f260.jpg

2. studentsage profile image61
    studentsageposted 11 years ago

Happiness
    Love
    Money
    Compassion (I'm not sure what you mean by that)
    Fame

Explanation: I think if you're truly happy, nothing else really matters, though it would be nice to have someone to share that happiness with. Money is just nice to have to support yourself and the people you love and to do the things you've always wanted to do. Compassion, I don't know, but I know I don't really care about fame at all, for whatever reason.

3. cjpooja26 profile image63
    cjpooja26posted 11 years ago

Happiness
    Love
    Compassion
    Money
    Fame
    Because you are happy then you can achieve love in your life and in happy life you can achieve your goals so you can earn money and fame is not important for me whether I am famous or not it doesn't matter me.
    Me,my friends and my family is happy with me it's everything for me.

4. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 11 years ago

Having
    COMPASSION
    Opens me up to give and receive
    LOVE
    Which brings
    HAPPINESS
    Creating a karma where
    MONEY
    Flows to me, that might bring
    FAME
    Which is not necessary, but icing on the cake!

1. ChristinS profile image39
      ChristinSposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Love your answer smile

2. profile image61
      ElleBeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

agree! love this answer too...

3. wqaindia profile image37
      wqaindiaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Priorities Well Defined !

4. cjpooja26 profile image63
      cjpooja26posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Too good....

5. cat on a soapbox profile image95
      cat on a soapboxposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree. smile You have expressed it so well!!

5. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 11 years ago

compassion, happiness, love, money, fame

Although some of these are a direct result of others - for example compassion and love.

6. lburmaster profile image72
    lburmasterposted 11 years ago

Happiness, love, money, compassion, fame. To be honest, I don't know why fame is in that group. It wouldn't have entered my mind.

7. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 11 years ago

Love comes in at No1.  Why?   Because if you have love - and I'm talking about Self-love - then all the rest will be there almost automatically.  For when you are loving of yourself you are loving of other people as well.   It will then follow that you will be loved in return.  You will be love, loved and lovable. 

This would create in you happiness which you'd radiate to others engendering in them at least some happiness.   Loving, you'd also be compassionate.  Love, compassion and joy are part of the 'essential package' of who you are once all the dross is no longer there.

In loving yourself you'd be accepting of the best so you likely always have enough money.   Loving yourself you'd never say, "I don't deserve it," and so you would obtain what you wanted.

And being this sort of person you'd surely attain to fame, for there are so few people like this around...so... My priority: love.  Then happiness.  The rest can line up as they will.

8. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Love, happiness, compassion, money, and fame.

The reason being is when you have love you have the other 4 fall into place. As far as fame, not interested. smile

9. Elderberry Arts profile image91
    Elderberry Artsposted 11 years ago

Compassion, happiness, love, money, fame

10. profile image61
    ElleBeeposted 11 years ago

i would say -- love, compassion, happiness, money, fame! although if we are loving and compassionate people happiness should follow so those three are together in some ways.

11. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

Love, compassion, happiness, money and lastly fame as I have no desire for fame.

12. austinhealy profile image73
    austinhealyposted 11 years ago

Happiness, love, compassion, money, fame. Happiness being the ultimate goal in life, one has to be happy to love and be compassionate. As for money, having some is nice but it doesn't necessarily contribute to happiness. And fame, thanks, but no thanks!

13. Sunny River profile image59
    Sunny Riverposted 11 years ago

Love
    Happiness
    Compassion

Happiness and compassion come from love, and I'm not referring to just a romantic kind of love. I mean love for your fellow human beings.
    Money and fame don't make my list at all.

14. edhan profile image37
    edhanposted 11 years ago

My order of importance:

1. LOVE

2. Happiness

3. Compassion

4. Money

5. Fame

15. Jynzly profile image64
    Jynzlyposted 11 years ago

Most important to least:
    1. Love
    2. Fame
    3. Money
    4. Happiness
    5. Compassion

16. snapbackbetty profile image62
    snapbackbettyposted 11 years ago

Love, compassion, happiness, money, fame

17. anagham profile image62
    anaghamposted 11 years ago

My take on the the level of importance of these are 1.Happiness 2. Compassion 3. Love 4. Money 5. Fame

18. casper07 profile image61
    casper07posted 11 years ago

love
    happiness
    compassion
    money
    fame

When you love, you will feel great joy and happiness. It will make you compassionate to everybody around you and thus if you have money coupled with your compassionate nature then naturally you will gain fame ( like those funding charitable institutions).

19. bituinolayquizano profile image60
    bituinolayquizanoposted 11 years ago

Faith,Respect,Love,Trust,Compassion,Happiness,Financial stability

20. philli profile image81
    philliposted 11 years ago

Happiness
    Love
    Money
    Compassion
    Fame

The last two I listed could have been left off entirely...to me the compassion is redundant because it is covered by 'love' and fame I care nothing about.

21. Missy Mac profile image69
    Missy Macposted 11 years ago

Okay, I would say that for happiness to take place a person should have

1. Love
    2. compassion
    3.  Happiness
    4.  Money
    5.  Fame (not significant)

22. cat on a soapbox profile image95
    cat on a soapboxposted 11 years ago

Compassion opens one's heart to love.
    Love brings happiness.
    Happiness is not bought by money.
    Money gives one a sense of security.
    Fame is overrated.

23. alicetom profile image60
    alicetomposted 11 years ago

love...happiness... compassion.....money ..fame ..

24. blessedp profile image79
    blessedpposted 11 years ago

I would say love followed by compassion, then comes happiness a dash of money and a tip of fame.

25. Abbasangel profile image64
    Abbasangelposted 11 years ago

Love is the most important, without love in your heart for yourself, and others there is no happiness.
    Compassion, for our fellow man is my second and I would hope this is returned.
    Happiness, however I am learning this is largely dependent on me and my outlook on things.
    Money above fame, because I am not going to lie, it's a necessity to comfortable living, eating, internet connection etc...

Fame, really I could do without this, even if my hubs go off tap (haha) and I my writing is popular, I would want them to stand for themselves, and for me to continue my quiet unassuming existence, with the people who I care about and want in my world, not have to bow to the pressures of fame.

26. Efficient Admin profile image84
    Efficient Adminposted 11 years ago

Love, happiness (these are the same to me)
    Money
    Compassion
    Fame

27. profile image0
    mrsbaker02posted 11 years ago

Love
    Happiness
    Compassion
    Money
    Fame

I think love is the most important thing in life...But, love generates happiness as well. Money is a must have in our society, and for me fame is irrelevant.

28. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 11 years ago

Love, Money, Compassion and lastly fame. I don't care about fame or image or reputation. My love for my kids are important and money could make the world go round, round and round.

29. serasera profile image59
    seraseraposted 11 years ago

1. Love (not just for other's but for yourself)
    2. Happiness
    3. Compassion

Fame and money aren't really important. They are intangible things that have no real impact on life... unless of course you let them. There are people with nothing that still fulfilled. Money can't by you anything accept for stuff, and more stuff. As nice as fame would be, living a happy peaceful private life is much better for the soul.

30. ireneyoshua profile image61
    ireneyoshuaposted 11 years ago

love

compassion

happiness

money

fame

31. MentisLudos profile image60
    MentisLudosposted 11 years ago

Happiness - You can be happy without love, compassion, money, or fame. Being happy about life is key to enjoying it. Limiting yourself to only being happy once you have one of the four other things only hinders you.

Compassion - Next, we have kindness and generosity towards other things. Give these things your affection and understanding and you will not only feel better for helping them, but your happiness will be boosted as will theirs.

Love - A piece of life that is simply the two former concepts combined and supported. Learning to love and appreciate something or someone to the extent of never wanting to leave them is a big leap and can increase your happiness ten-fold. However, if this relationship goes awry, it can inversely affect your happiness and compassion, and can technically ruin you. Self-love is key and we shouldn't be too altruistic as it can ruin us psychologically.

Money - Unfortunately, having money is a big piece of how we function as a society. It is only needed as a mean of obtaining goods and/or needs. It can contribute positively to the above, but can also be immensely negative depending on the situation.

Fame - This is more of a bonus than anything else. Being famous can be wonderful if it's positive. Since we aren't using infamy, then I assume all fame is positive. Not really important, but more of a bonus and a boost to the above!

32. Chinaimport profile image79
    Chinaimportposted 11 years ago

Pragmatically speaking our needs are generally guided by Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. Lowest tier is addressed by money (physiological and safety) followed by happiness, love & compassion (belongingness and love needs) and lastly fame (esteem needs).

Higher level of needs can be fulfilled only once lower level needs are satisfied.

33. Little Grandmommy profile image58
    Little Grandmommyposted 11 years ago

Their order for me is as follows;  Love, Compassion, Happiness, Money, Fame.  And I have to say I'm not interested in fame whatsoever and money only because our society creates a situation where you need it.

34. dghbrh profile image80
    dghbrhposted 11 years ago

Love, happiness, money, compassion and fame.....this will be the order of fom most important to least for me. Thank you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)