jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Be honest what do you have to say about the popes resignation

1. PoetasDsigns profile image60
    PoetasDsignsposted 5 years ago

Be honest what do you have to say about the popes resignation

2. hrymel profile image86
    hrymelposted 5 years ago

I'm still just getting over the fact that the Pope can resign. I thought they were just the Pope until they died.

3. Agnes Penn profile image82
    Agnes Pennposted 5 years ago

Humility incarnate.  We know little of the sufferings the pope endures while he leads an entire planet in the best relationship we can attain with God.  I could not even speculate the vicissitudes he is going through.

4. Paul K Francis profile image83
    Paul K Francisposted 5 years ago

I find the pope's decision innovative and forward looking, helping to keep the pope's role in the world vital and pertinent.

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

Sorry, what happened to the pope? Haven't read the news for ages.... I thought pope has to keep his job until his last breath???

6. Marcus99 profile image59
    Marcus99posted 5 years ago

I think that the Pope can do whatever he wishes. If he's too sick, then, let him step aside and allow another, healthier person to take the reins.

7. cloverleaffarm profile image64
    cloverleaffarmposted 5 years ago

He's a man, just like any man. If he wants to resign, let him. I don't see what all the hype is about. I'm not up on why he wants to leave, but it is just a job. When you want to leave your job, you give your notice and leave. It isn't made into headlines, and neither should this.

8. junkseller profile image86
    junksellerposted 5 years ago

My first thought was that he's getting out of Dodge before the Sheriff shows up. Don't know of course if that's correct, but it was awfully close to the release of that huge pile of documents regarding the "Legion of Christ."

9. CrescentSkies profile image88
    CrescentSkiesposted 5 years ago

Hope the next pope makes some major reforms.

10. MisterShives profile image60
    MisterShivesposted 5 years ago

I hope that one day they'll stop being so shady. Good riddance.

working