Does the “Holy Ghost” inspire people against Jesus?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (123 posts)
  1. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Hi friends

The Gospel writers could not be inspired; they deserted Jesus at the hour of need. Did they desert Jesus from an inspiration from the “Holy Ghost”? Does the “Holy Ghost” inspire people against Jesus? It is a wrong notion that the Gospel writers had any inspiration. Do the Christian components of Trinity work against one another?

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. jay_kumar_07 profile image61
      jay_kumar_07posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi
      Iam a Romancatholic from Birth.
      GHOST IS GHOST  WHAT IS HOLYGHOST

ONLY ONE THING  IS  HOLY    [  i.e  GODS PRESENT &POWER.]

WE CAN FIND OUT WHERE ONE AND MORE PEOPLE GATHERED IN THE NAME OF JESUS .
      SOMEBODY MAY CALL HOLYSPRIT.

Regards
      jay

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend  jay_kumar_07

You may take Holy Ghost as "HolySpirit".

Thanks

2. Dave Mathews profile image61
        Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is absolutely no way that you are or were Roman Catholic, I even doubt that you are Christian, because if you were Christian you would know that Jesus instructs us as a part of His Commission to us to baptize in the name of the Father, and in the name of the Son, and in the name of The Holy Ghost. Check your bible please.

1. profile image51

Thanks for reminding jay_kumar_07 to check his bible.

2. jay_kumar_07 profile image61

Iam not beliving that spritual Books are 100% correct.[Argument based on books is waste]

Iam beliving GOD.

GOD IS GOD

GODS POWER[MAY BE HOLY SPRIT] WITH ABRAHAM  -  HE IS NOT GOD
                                                                                         MOSES      - HE IS NOT GOD
                                                                                     SALAMON   - HE IS NOT GOD
                                                                                      JESUS      -  HE IS NOT GOD
                                                                                    MOHAMED  - HE IS NOT GOD

NOW

GODS POWER IS WITH US [ We have to USE not Test ]
          AFTER JESUS BLOOD  [i.e Different type]  SHATTERED ON OUR GLOBE

WHY JESUS BLOOD SHATTERED  UP TO LAST DROP.[Death is possible like other two THIEVS.]

DEATH IS NOT IMPORTENT . BLOOD SHATTERED IS IMPORTENT. BLOOD SHATTERED IS STARTED AS SWETTING FROM JESUS BODY AT THE TIME OF GARDEN PRAYER.

JESUS  IS NOT DEAD IN CROSS .BUT WORK IS COMPLETED FOR US.
          ALL OUR DEAD PEOPLE  ARE NOT DEAD .[like LAZARES ]

BE HAPPY .
          [

1. profile image51

It is a good argument

2. profile image51

The thieves legs and bones were broken not Jesus'; so the thieves died but Jesus bones were not broken but he was hurriedly taken to a solitary and spacious tomb to accommodate 3/4 persons. It was the property of one of Jesus' secret disciples; there Jesus was treated of injuries infilced to the Cross; hence Jesus did not a cursed death on Cross.

Please see the difference.

1. jay_kumar_07 profile image61

THE THIEVES LEGS WERE BROKENED BY THE SOLDIERS  BEFORE DEATH. .BUT
              THE SOLDIERS ARE TESTED WITH ROD NEAR JESUS STOMECH.
              THEY WITNESED  THE LAST DROP OF BLOOD AND WATER.

AFTER  PROPER PERMISSION AND TIME ONLY THE PEOPLE TAKEN AWAY THE BODY OF JESUS  TO TOMP.

THE OFFICIALS ARE NOT  SATISFIED . SO THEY PUT SEAL AND GUARDED THE TOMB.

please guide
              jay.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
                Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you require guidance, the "Caps Lock" key is usually on the far left hand side of your keyboard. smile

3. couturepopcafe profile image61
          couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't be so hard on him.  I was raised in the Roman Catholic Church.  We did use the term Holy Ghost and were never taught anything about the Holy Spirit.  We were taught that the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost were the Holy Trinity, were one, separate and inseparable.  By the way, the mass was in Latin, a little tricky for most kids to understand.
          It may be better explained using an analogy:  the trinity is like the mind/father, heart/son, and soul/spirit.  They are all the same person, separate but inseparable.
          The bottom line is this - love your brother as you would yourself.  This was the main message the Heart came to give us.  Apparently some of you didn't get the memo.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are either very confused or else trying to cause confusion.

The "components of" the Trinity are all the same Being and work in unison.

1. profile image51

People say that they have been inspired by the "Holy Ghost/Spirit"; they don't say they have been inspired by the the Christian God- the Father. Don't they say it?

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Holy Ghost IS the Spirit of God the Father.
          And the Spirit of Christ.

They are all One.

They are all distinct but inseparable.  Never separate.

1. profile image51

Please quote from Jesus in this connection.

1. earnestshub profile image79
              earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nobody can quote from what jesus said, they can only quote what someone else said he said.

1. hanging out profile image61
                hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well then please quote what the disciples of jesus wrote under the annointing of the holy ghost in this connection..

Everybody can quote from what jesus said, especially his disciples can ony quote what they said he said.

sounds better now.

2. profile image0
              gregster77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Acts 1
              1The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,

2Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

3To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

4And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

5For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

6When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

1. profile image0

Isaiah 63:11 TNIV
                11 Then his people recalled [a] the days of old,
                       the days of Moses and his people—
                       where is he who brought them through the sea,
                       with the shepherd of his flock?
                       Where is he who set
                       his Holy Spirit among them,
                Prophecy of Christ..........YHVH brought them through the red sea CHRIST SENDS HOLY SPIRIT AS COMFORTER.......not muhammed as claimed by muslims but HOLY SPIRIT...WHICH COMES BY PROOF OF THE GIFT OF TONGUES PROPHECY MIRACLE HEALING,ETC

3. aguasilver profile image71
      aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Acts 2:3-5 (King James Version)

3And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

5And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

This occurred after the crucifixion, so your question is unrelated.

1. profile image0

FATHER=YHVH
        SON=FATHER IN FLESH=JESUS CHRIST=Y'SHUAH
        HOLY SPIRIT=HOLY GHOST=POWER OF GOD
        TRINITY=NOT DIFFERENT PEOPLE BUT DIFFERENT CHARACTERISTICS OF ONE PERSON

u as a man/woman have mind body soul n spirit
        GOD.YHVH FATHER SON HOLY SPIRIT
        HOLY SPIRIT=SPIRIT BUT HOLY AS IT IS YHVH SPIRIT
        FATHER=CREATOR=GIVES BIRTH TO ALL THROUGH HIS WORD
        SON=GOD IN FLESH=LIVES AS A MAN TO BEAR OUR SINS AND ENDURE OUR LIFESTYLE LIKE THAT WHEN HE JUDGES HE JUDGES FAIRLY KNOWING HOW AND WITH WHAT WE LIVE BY=MODEL OF LIFE
        YHVH=Y'SHUAH=GOD

John 1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2The same was in the beginning with God.
        14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

JOHN3:16 16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

4. Woman Of Courage profile image61
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The forum topic does not make any sense at all. The Holy Ghost is Jesus. Jesus will not turn anyone against himself.

1. profile image51

Actually Trinity doe not make sense.

1. profile image0

FATHER=YHVH
          SON=FATHER IN FLESH=JESUS CHRIST=Y'SHUAH
          HOLY SPIRIT=HOLY GHOST=POWER OF GOD
          TRINITY=NOT DIFFERENT PEOPLE BUT DIFFERENT CHARACTERISTICS OF ONE PERSON

u as a man/woman have mind body soul
          GOD.YHVH FATHER SON HOLY SPIRIT
          HOLY SPIRIT=SPIRIT BUT HOLY AS IT IS YHVH SPIRIT
          FATHER=CREATOR=GIVES BIRTH TO ALL THROUGH HIS WORD
          SON=GOD IN FLESH=LIVES AS A MAN TO BEAR OUR SINS AND ENDURE OUR LIFESTYLE LIKE THAT WHEN HE JUDGES HE JUDGES FAIRLY KNOWING HOW AND WITH WHAT WE LIVE BY=MODEL OF LIFE
          YHVH=Y'SHUAH=GOD

John 1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2The same was in the beginning with God.
          14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

JOHN3:16 16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

its very simple in fact

2. Woman Of Courage profile image61

paarsurrey, Trinity does not make sense for someone who do does not understand the bible. All you have to do is ask God to reveal to you what the scripture means.

1. profile image51

I can understand the book; it is written in English or Urdu etc. Christians believe in Trintiy because they read Bible from a Pastor; it is the Pastors who instill Trinity in Christians. Neither Jesus nor Mary believed in Trinity.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image61

Interesting, you say that you can understand the book, but do you read the book of the bible? I am a christian and I personally read and study the bible for myself, and I don't believe what any pastor say if it is not in line with the word of God. I am sorry, but you will not ever convince me to believe that Mary and Jesus didn't believe in the Trinity. How can Jesus not believe in the Trinity and he is a part of it? By the way, the holy ghost is Jesus spirit that lives inside of any believer that accepts Jesus in their life. I will be more than happy to give you the scriptures of all of this in the holy bible. God bless you!

So I have jesus in me? How do I get him out? smile

earnest, I can see that you didn't read the bottom part of my message clearly, because you were so eager to play games. My post above did not state that the holy spirit is living in everyone. It says any believer that accepts Jesus in their life.

Exactly! I did that. smile
                    I read it properly.

Like I said before, you know nothing about the people you denigrate

2. Cagsil profile image71
                    Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

B.S.!

Especially, if you read the bible.

2. profile image0

thank you for stating truth

5. TMMason profile image61
      TMMasonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Still at it paas...

1. profile image51

I give arguments only; which I sincerely understand.

Others could respond if they have any

6. Cagsil profile image71

I can tell you that the doctrines of religion work against humankind if that helps. lol

1. profile image51

It should not

1. Cagsil profile image71

I know and understand that it should not, but ALL religions have the same major three doctrines, and each one works against humankind. lol

1. profile image51

Must be your misunderstanding, I think

Nope, but nice try.

Doctrine #1) To be selfless or unselfish. To practice this in every aspect of life(which the religions of the world do not define in what manner), leads to being selfish. Human nature. Unattainable.

Doctrine #2) To oppress desire. To practice this in every aspect of life(which the religions of the world do not define in what manner), leads to insanity. Biological fact.

Doctrine #3) To believe in a god. To practice this in every aspect of life(which religions of the world say to do), leads to constant conflict, wars and selfish people. Not to mention, anyone who claims to have 100% faith/believe in a god is a liar, because it's human nature to have doubt.

End of story.

1,2 and 3 are crap.
                Youl leave out the god factor. Whenwas the last war fought over religion please to clarify. People don't start wars governments do. Christians don't deal with human nature, we try to get rid of it and get a christ nature which is 100% belief in himself lol. You can't be serious about unselfishness leading to selfishness.. lol.. if the world were set up in systems that were unselfish we wouldn't have starving babies and that would please a lot of people in here and now we have happiness floating around... please gags, relent already.

come back when you know what you're talking about. Instead of trying to push your ideas around.

Perfect response to being a gullible individual. You prove the point.

Thank you so much for it.

What you fail to realize is that YOUR pathetic religion is based on those 3 doctrines. Gain some knowledge for once in your life.

You cannot never obtain perfection, accept the fact your human and move on.

You say nothing again. chk thk, chk thk, chk thk, broken record. Yknow whats wrong with your pathetic belief is that you base it entirely on yourself and you twist it to meet your own designs and you offer nothing, you can't improve on anything, you can't spread good will, all you can do is push push push.. no evidence, no facts.. nothing... i disproved your claims on those pathetic doctrines and still you are like a full sponge. I have so much knowledge you cannot imagine.. being on here is like being back in christianity 101 with all the whining upright monkies boo hooing and hissing and acting like children. Amusing, but i am growing weary of the lack of challenge refuting all you atheists bring to me. I thought i might get some good question and answers but all i get are milk questions, wrong assumptions, typical misconceptions, bad analysis and context, rudeness, name calling, illogical banter, hmmm, think i will let you revolve around in your pathetic world and maybe pop in some future date, this is really boring. The same thing over and over .. never any growth.. just concrete ignorance practicing at being more ignorant that 5 minutes ago on an ascending scale of ignorance without end.
                    sad really.
                    and yet you think you are doing a favor to something that doesn't exist. You have only one belief, kill the christian, maybe you should write a book about how you want to eliminate the bad, which would be christian and leave the good (atheist) only, to live on the planet and then i bet you would be right and holy to do so and that God would be unholy for putting christians on the planet and all you have done by your exterminations, (including babies) is to fix a problem.
                    Yeh i gotta problem with your kind ruling the planet. You can't even handle being on hubpages without spitting out venom, i can imagine what you would do with an army and a country full of gold over there. I got news for ya buddy, the solution does not exist with your kind of carnal thinking, thats how this world got this way, what i see is churches helping people without strings or qualifications. I see god trying to improve things without forcing anybody, without being a hovering seeable dictator, but through ways that seem not to work, trust me, if not for the knowledge of god this world would be hell indeed.
                    and perfection, is just around the corner

2. earnestshub profile image79

How many wars would you like listed. Start with Hitler he was a christian, and recently George bush was told by god to murder the Iraq people according to him

as many as you can and proof, not just some one liner thanks. Hitler.. lets see.. not practicing christianity or he wouldn't have done those things. A christian back in those times would not have wanted the jews killed as they are gods chosen people, more a banking dilemma i suspect. I think as usual you are not to be trusted with purporting information in context and correctly.
                    I'd prefer it if you stayed out of discussions that are beyond your comprehension, judging by your hubs, cars perhaps?

3. Woman Of Courage profile image61

hanging out, thanks for the true solid message.

Absurd. You cannot fight against human nature. You can only learn to control it for yourself.

Go learn something.

2. profile image51

I don't agree with you.

None of the above doctrines creates war. War is a  game of the politicians.

I think you are stuck up somewhere in your thougts; well that is your right as an individual.

Thats right, governments create war, people get informed or drafted..

this is politics 101..
                  any graduate thinkers here all we seem to get are losers opinions

7. Mancini profile image60
      Manciniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Inspiration does not preclude human free will, but works in harmony with it. Paul said that the spirit of the prophets was subject to the prophets, signifying that inspiration is meaningless unless it works in tandem with human choice. Insofar as the desertion by the disciples of Jesus at his trial etc. At this point in time they had not received the Holy Spirit. It was only after Christ's resurrection that the Holy Spirit was given to the world and they were anointed to carry out Christ's purpose.

Hope this helps answer your question.

1. profile image51

Sorry, it doesn't

You mean as per "Pauline" mythology; before "resurrection" of Jesus, Holy Spirit did not exist, there were only two person in "Trinity".

I think all this is pure invention of Paul; it has got nothing to do with Jesus.

8. schoolgirlforreal profile image75
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no. the Holy Spirit is God.
      God is three persons- father son and holy spirt.

1. profile image51

That is what the pastors teach in the Curch; Jesus followed no Church; He was a Jew.

9. couturepopcafe profile image61

I believe Jesus came to demonstrate a set of principles, something we could actually understand.  He had no hour of need.  He was whole within himself and demonstrated divine love.  The inspiration which came to the disciples can come to anyone.  We are all divinely inspired when we tap into and stay connected to the most important of all human experience - love.  The truest and most powerful force in the multiverse is love.  The creator is love, we are love but we have forgotten how to rely on and demonstrate this in the true form.  Everything is made of the same essence or energy - the same energy of which the creator is made.  Those who seek must rely on the heart to guide them and they will come to this place.  The holy spirit is love.  The trinity of life is heart, soul, and mind.  We as 'children' are offshoots of one divine presence and one with the divine, not separate. The books of every great religion will tell the same story - one of principles for a guided holy life.

10. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How can the Holy Spirit which is God turn against Jesus who is also God, the son of God? God cannot turn away from Himself nor can he or would he influence others like that.

1. profile image51

Holy Spirit is not a god; it is a servant of the Creator-God Allah YHWH, as is Jesus a human being obedient to the Creator-God Allah YHWH

11. Anesidora profile image61
      Anesidoraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

While not directly related to your question regarding the gospel writers, yes, the Bible is clear that God ie. the Holy Spirit does indeed -according to the Bible- harden peoples' hearts against God, Jesus, the gospel, etc.

Many christians prefer to pretend the bible doesn't say this, or mean it, or to find some twisting explanation to write it off, but calvinists know it is true.

Unconditional election. The saved were unconditionally elected to salvation, through no merit or choice of their own. The counterpoint of that is that the unsaved were unconditionally unelected, through no fault or choice of their own.

God (the christian, biblical concept of God) saves who he will and damns who he will, and people have no part in this at all. There is no free will when it comes to election.

Some offer twisting explanations. We all made our choice before we were born. We all picked sides before we were born, blah blah blah.

Sorry, but no. I will not offer verse and chapter. It's common knowledge to anyone who has ever bothered really studying the Bible. If you seek to better understand, look up unconditional election. Some christian site or the other will direct you to the supporting quotes.

1. profile image51

The points raised by our friend Anesidora are interesting. Please explain; I have started a new thread:
        http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/53915
        While answering please mention your denomination if you may.

Thanks

1. pylos26 profile image70
          pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Does the “Holy Ghost” inspire people against Jesus? 

Who knows???...but i betcha it scares the chit out of em.

12. Jerami profile image60
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am just wondering what kind of help, support or need do you think that Jesus had of the disciples at that time ??

2. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 13 years ago

Getting back to the original question. There is absolutely no possible way that the Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit could ever inspire people against Jesus Christ. Jesus is The son of God, and the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Almighty God sent to earth to teach us all about God and Jesus.

1. profile image51

The Catholics Protestants say that the gospel writers were inspired people; and we know that they forsake Jesus and deserted him, fled away; was it a work of inspiration by the the Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit?

1. srwnson profile image61
        srwnsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Were does this "We Know" come from Pilgrim? Do you speak for all muslims? How do we know that you know we know?

1. profile image51

This "we" is for the readers of Bible, and I am one such person; it is mentioned in Matthew that they all fled away.

and peter denied him 3xs before the rooster crowed, God knew ahead of time what was going to happen. Nothing surprises God. Peter was forgiven. The ones who fled were forgiven but hardly became rocks of the early church. The holy spirit may advise people to flee or the flesh may get scared; recall there was a cohort.. a cohort is about 400 people. 12 disciples amongst 400, a savior that was willing to go to the cross.. not good odds from a fleshly perspective, but peter thought they could win.
            But to have the holy spirit turn against jesus, is a strange question indeed because the answer without research is no.

2. couturepopcafe profile image61

The inspiration for the writings of the books of the New Testament came after the divinity of Jesus, after he became Light.  The word inspiration is taken from the word spirit.  Something which we classify as Holy would not cause fear.  The disciples fled Jesus' side out of fear of the military troops and others who would persecute them for following him.  They were human, too, and none of us is perfect - yet.
        I believe we all have the potential to become Light once we reach the pure place of love.  Fear and love cannot coexist in the same heart.  When we feel inspired by love (the holy spirit of love which we allow in us)we are at our most benevolent, most creative, we are connected, literally connected to the divine.  Do not assume the Christians or Jews or Buddhists or Muslims or anyone else cannot feel this.  Divinity is within all of us if we would only remember.

3. profile image51

they can only quote what someone else said he said

4. CMCastro profile image72
    CMCastroposted 13 years ago

In The NEW TESTAMENT of the Holy Bible,in the letter to the Romans written by the Apostle of Our Lord God,named Paul, in chapter 8 verse 31 states "...If God is for us, Who Can Be Against us?"
      God is Father, God is Son, And God is Holy Spirit(Ghost).THREE IN ONE! He is OMNIPOTENT, OMNIPRESENT, and OMNISCIENT. If the Holy Spirit(Holy Ghost) is God the Father, and God the Son, Jesus, how in the universe can He cause(inspire) people to be against HIMSELF?! Jesus is the Truth, the Way and the Life. Jesus in the flesh died so that His SPIRIT (the HOLY GHOST)will live in us.
        Thank you. I hope this is confusion is cleared up. CMCastro

5. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

You seem not to have noticed that none of it ever made sense. smile

Trinity is like that.. catholic doctrine .. patoooie! Might as well worship with voodoo. Holy See, holy papacy.. rubbish.. Mankind is so corrupt.

6. SilentReed profile image81
    SilentReedposted 13 years ago

Has anyone seen a ghost, holy or otherwise? Does the church believe in ghost, holy or otherwise?

1. profile image51

For one; I don't believe in a ghost; just a superstition.

1. luvpassion profile image63
        luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://www.freewebs.com/free-offers/Abbey_monk_ghost_story-523x611-425x497.jpg

Prove it! wink

Ye've seen, yet still do not believe.

1. karobi profile image62
          karobiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I strongly believe that this platform is for sharing valuable knowledge and experiences and not for exhibiting ignorant. Thank God you said, you are peaceful in your religion therefore, when you want to make statement pertaining to other religion it is proper for someone to actually ascertain your information properly before taking to the public so that we can also benefit from it. If you care to know then go through this:

"He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters. And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Mathew 12: 30-32

2. profile image51

I don't believe in a ghost. Is it not weird to tell me to give proof of a ghost.

3. hanging out profile image61

since there is no such thing as ghostly clothing... i disbelieve. Some theories sound good in hearing them and some look good on paper but when you take them off the paper and apply them to life, they fall short of their previous convincing ways.
          How are clothes going to stay on a spirit?

7. seamist profile image60
    seamistposted 13 years ago

Why would the Holy Ghost or Spirit inspire people against Jesus? The Holy Ghost works in tandem with God and Jesus to save people. According to the bible, the Holy Ghost is called the "Great Comforter." When Jesus went back to his spiritual realms he left the Holy Ghost with believers to help them understand God's word, to act as a conscience in a way, and to comfort them.

8. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Does the "Holy Ghost" inspire people against Jesus?

First, I would love someone to prove there is anything "holy" to begin with. lol

Then, we'll talk about whether or not, ghosts exist. lol

"Holy" and "Divine" fictional words made up by man to control others. lol Only the suckers believe it. lol

You can prove it to yourself Cagsil if you read , study and obey the bible. That's your choice.

You're a riot! lol

So laughable it's not even funny. I'll refer you to my other post about doctrine. So please....take what you think you know and throw it out the window.

You don't walk in doctrine and you cannot have 100% belief. So, that makes you either gullible or a liar?

Pick one? But, be honest.

1. profile image0
          kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

riot?  I can't keep up to you

roll

Misha's going to shitt

lol

actually, I am not picking either. I am not a liar or gullible. You need to come out of the darkness and into the glorious light of Jesus. The awful name calling doesn't hurt me, because I know who I am.

2. hanging out profile image61

some posters are so frustrated that every response they get makes them look foolish if not stupid. Wonderful thing this internet. i wonder if any of these supposed atheist posters ever walk into a church and start yelling their theories.. probably not.. cuz they would get a slap. lol

cowards, all of them.. whats that saying .. there is no atheist in the fox hole or on the front lines.
            now theres a riot!!! lol   lol

hmmm interesting because suckers, to me, believe what you believe. If you read the bible and all the things in leviticus that it shows as sinful you will get an understanding of holy, of course, your carnal mind and flesh will not like what you read and you will, probably as you have done before, disbelieve.
        You are a slave to your carnal mind and i am slave to christ. Which is best. What does your carnal mind say is best for you to do and what does christ say is best for me to do. I see we are opposites, and whereas i am steadfast you waver according to your desire. I think christ is best and deserves both titles of divine and holy.

2. SilentReed profile image81
      SilentReedposted 13 years ago

A Haiku ~  Holy Trinity / Moe, Larry and Curly / A cabal of three

3. earnestshub profile image79

The trinity is studied in psychology as a means of understanding the psychological structure of it as it resembles the Philosopher's stone, and as such is actually closer to the meaning of self than many other myths including christianity which is more of a cult.

so you rather believe false information from what you studied in psychology rather than the greatest book of all- The Bible?  God bless you earnest.

You obviously never studied psychology.
          Carl Jung who is the father of modern psychology became world renown writing literally hundreds of books.I have read all of them. His speciality was in trapping the truth about situations by using truckloads of empirical evidence as building blocks for theories and development of his therapy.

He was a master of gathering, compiling and proving up theories by sourcing them from diverse cultures and contributors then compare with his own findings.

Religiosity is a response to a fear reaction in the brain, and much more complex myths live within the brain than something as insignificant as the bible.

The bible is a relatively simple construct when compared with what the subconscious is capable of producing in just one night.
          Why am I wasting my time telling you this?

i don't know why you bother wasting your time telling us anything

lol

whats even more puzzling is i don't know why i bother telling you anything either..
            Oh wait, because of the outrageous crap you do speak keeps luring me to reply.
            What was that other dumb thing you said...
            that some child starved because god was looking for some duffers car keys..
            omg earnest, don't you even know this basic that God can totally multitask. Nobodies prayer was unheard, no child starved, nothing anywhere went unnoticed by god because he was looking under the sofa for car keys. LOL

what a lot of rot.. If you have any good arguement ever, that was not it.

2. couturepopcafe profile image61

Because they need to know.  It's a start, at least.  This response was educational and you were enlightening - the quick retorts, not so much.  Spreading information about our potential is a beginning to breaking the tenacious grip religion has on the world.

smile I agree the short grabs do little, but 2 years of trying to have a logical discussion has meant I have little patience left for laying out a whole scientific explanation for comment only to have replies the calibre of "goddunnit" smile

2. profile image51

Human phsyche is desighned by the Creator- God Allah YHWH and supports the true religion;Phsychology is human branch of knowledge and needs always to be improved upon.

Rubbish! No gods, just the transfer of barely conscious fear to the sub-conscious to build a support story from to relieve the fear.

Psychology is always growing with new technology and understanding of thought process.

If you know something of psychology it doesn't show! smile

Well as your psychology grows the bible will remain the same, true in prophecy, true in the nature of mankind, true with so many sayings of wisdom, true in its consummation of "the end times".  True that god is the alpha, and the omega, the beginning and the end, I hope one day your precious psycobable catches up with the God of the bible.
                  I am not holding my breath

1. profile image51

You may express yourself fully, please; no need to hold your breath.

1. Anesidora profile image61
                      Anesidoraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh let him hold his breath.

2. earnestshub profile image79

You are right of course, the bible will change little from here on if at all. How many different versions of it are there again?

All the same psychotic hate filled fear laden prophesies will remain the same.
                    The same father who killed his son and the same dead son living inside you, the same incapacity to decipher any form of reality.

The same myth seen as fact and the same scared sheeple trotting along behind the cart bowing and scraping to an invisible mythical omni-everything- but do nothing sky fairy.
                    lol lol lol

It's simple really. You guys are nuts! smile

and yet youspend 4 hrs a day, every day, yelling at us about everything we say to each other, (you weren't invited before and no way you can possibly think you are invited after 2 yrs of the same old dialog).
                      Now that's NUTS. super nuts! lol
                      What we do is fine amongst ourselves, if you want to stare at tv or spend your time wrapped around a car engine, which to us is nuts, you are welcomed to do so.
                      But please keep your lies to yourself
                      as we do ourselves.
                      and of course in your eagerness to rant once again with the same old borish dialog about a god who hates.. yet never taking your own advice... you missed the part where i said "True". "true in prophecy, true in the nature of mankind, true with so many sayings of wisdom, true in its consummation of "the end times".  True that god is the alpha, and the omega, the beginning and the end".

ps. if you don't open the door, you won't know whats behind it.

4. earnestshub profile image79

Well said Hangingout! You certainly told us! lol
      Unfortunately you left who you are hanging out in your rave. lol lol lol

5. aguasilver profile image71
      aguasilverposted 13 years ago

Because you believe it to be true, just like others believe what they hold to be true.

Simple, don't need to read a whole pile of books to work that out! smile

6. seamist profile image60
      seamistposted 13 years ago

When it comes to religion, why does everyone have to quibble about it? Why can't everyone just share what they believe, and agree to disagree when their beliefs are not the same, and leave it up to the reader to decide what they may or may not want to believe in.

1. Sanctus Vesania profile image60
        Sanctus Vesaniaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

because people by nature must always be right.

ya see what happens here, is the christian says something smart, the atheist comes along and says something stupid, which being easy to refute, answers, then the atheist comes along and writes some cheesy insulting one liner with maybe a bit of name calling and that lures the christian into responding by refuting to the insipid atheist hasty unthought response, which bring the atheist back to cheap shot again, all the while showing us how wonderful a person they are, and then somebody else, seeing the unbiblical flawed post of the atheist responds only to be harried by the atheist again.

Its a big lol session. Christians totally win all the time. the atheists look like foolish losers, ironically, not just once but in EVERY post. that's a riot too.

7. profile image51

Please don't use capital letters in the post.Thanks

8. profile image51

All the disciples as per Matthew fled away from the scene of the Cross; who "inspired" them to run away; cannot be an Angel...

9. Jerami profile image60
      Jeramiposted 13 years ago

couturepopcafe rote 
      They were human, too, and none of us is perfect - yet.
      I believe we all have the potential to become Light once we reach the pure place of love.  Fear and love cannot coexist in the same heart.  When we feel inspired by love (the holy spirit of love which we allow in us)we are at our most benevolent, most creative, we are connected, literally connected to the divine.  Do not assume the Christians or Jews or Buddhists or Muslims or anyone else cannot feel this.  Divinity is within all of us if we would only remember

==================================

Aint that the truth!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)