Society Has No Clue

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (79 posts)
  1. profile image0
    hitalotposted 13 years ago

A sirene blared throughout the busy street !

Still a young child sought to make a name for himself,

Through the vast pipeline we learned a different thought persuasion;
    ~

One needed rest on some long awaited vacation;

In the distance a Pullman car drives through !
    Face the facts then smell the aroma of the coffee;
    Eat a lot of fresh fruit;
    Grapefruit helps eliminate some belly fat !
    ~

Through a tea leafed branded ivy dew chair;

We long to make a big difference !

Some may even dream to care,

A powerful shoulder to cry on !
    ~

The fashonable cry of some helpless passerby;

To store up enough energy just to make it through ?
    Some have bit off more then they can actually seem to chew,
    Just ask God he will tell you what you all need to do !
    Others simply haven't a single solitary clue ?

1. janis8 profile image60
      janis8posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think the clues are out there, and there are many good people who have more than "a clue." I personally don't choose to congregate with many who don't have a clue.  I elect to associate with people who like believing that the clues will be revealed, if not already known. In other words, it's the people I surround myself with. They share all kinds of clues that are encouraging to me.

2. profile image0

A challenge to be free is a question of time ?

1. profile image0
      hitalotposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Society still has no clue !

1. Dave Mathews profile image60
        Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Obviously neither do you or you would not be posting the question. I don't like wise A$$ people who pretend to know it all but in reality know nothing.

3. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

just ask God, hey? That simple...

1. profile image0

This is from a wise A$$ man !
      What I meant was in today's society our culture has become way too desensitized from right and wrong;
      Today, many have accepted the anything goes way !
      I'm not sure if it's from what the counter culture movement left us,
      Rather, we as a nation need to get back to prayer.
      Personally I'm a Catholic with a strong belief in Jesus Christ.
      When I said society has no clue it clearly meant that we as a nation have turned our backs on God.
      Now is the time to repent and come back to our first love.
      Thank you kindly,
      Mario Vitale

1. profile image0

Society still has no clue ?
        May the force be with you !

1. profile image0

It has exchanged lust for love ?

2. libby101a profile image60
        libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree! Many have turned their backs on God! It's sad really! Even our schools don't allow prayer! If it were true freedom one would be allowed to pray if they wanted!!!! Sad, sad, sad!!!!

1. profile image51
          paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

One should be free to pray; denying it is denying freedom of religion.

I agree with you

1. Cagsil profile image72
            Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You want religion in schools, then stay out of America.

Religion has no place in schools, unless the school is religion based. You go to school to learn real things that are helpful. Not to be delusional about life.

Keep religion out of schools. It has no place.

1. libby101a profile image60

We know that is how you believe Cagsil... and that is your right!

I believe America should be truly free if it claims freedom! And denying a person to pray in their school if they want is not being truly allowing freedom!

I disagree with this.... but that is my right!

I have every right to be an American just as you do!

Peace

1. profile image51

I agree with our friend  libby101a on this.

2. Cagsil profile image72
                Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Order is for school and no foolishness such as praying should take place. It would only give students another tool to use against the teacher.

Your argument is false. School is for learning and gaining knowledge. You want to create stupid kids?

Your off your rocker.

I don't think it's nice to say people are "off their rocker" when they are clearly just stating how they feel! I realize your beliefs are far different than mine but I do not say you are off your rocker! It's your business how you feel! Making remarks about someone says something about the type of person you are... if someone doesn't agree with your beliefs then they must be crazy!

My argument is not false... it is not true freedom if one cannot pray in schools! It should be their right just as it should be someone's right not to pray!

I would agree if they prayed while being taught! There is a time and place for everything! I am saying if the person wants to pray over their food before they eat then they should be able to. It's called freedom Cagsil! I don't think they should start praying right in the class... that would interfere with their learning!

In the way you speak... it is okay to take away someone's freedom if it agrees with your beliefs! But if someone took away something you believe strongly in then you would object! That is double standard my friend!

1. janis8 profile image60

Can't we all pray silently, quietly in our own way without putting on a show? Colossions 4:6 says something about that...  "Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person." (New American Standard Bible)
                    We do not need to be pushy about how we believe. It seems we have more influence with others when we are not.

2. Woman Of Courage profile image59
                    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you libby. your message is very sensible.

cagsil, you need Jesus in your life. When prayer was in school, none of us didn't hear of all this violence in school. Now, very often we hear on the news of children bringing guns to school, shooting, and stabbing other students. Prayer is powerful and it makes a major difference.

1. Diane Inside profile image70
                    Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When I went to school, we had daily prayer time before school, and even a bible study class before school to all who wanted to attend.  It was not mandated and there were many students who didn't want to participate so they stayed out on the playground, till the bell rang.  No one was forced to join in, infact they were not in the room at all.

It didn't hurt anybody, and I don't see the harm in it.  It was time set aside before school began.

2. Jeff Berndt profile image71
                    Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"When prayer was in school, none of us didn't hear of all this violence in school."

I call BS on this. The worst incident of school violence occurred in Bath, Michigan in 1927. 43 people killed in a deliberately set explosion, 39 of them were students.

Institutionalized prayer and religious instruction were not removed from schools until 1949.

Plus, in 19th century America, especially in rural areas, the schoolteacher often was threatened and attacked by the older students, who sometimes succeeded in running the schoolmaster out of town. Student-on-student violence was not uncommon, either, though the weapons used have changed from fists to sticks to chains to knives to guns.

And then there was the good ol' practice of corporal punishment, which in my book totally counts as violence: one person hitting another, sometimes with a weapon (like a switch or a paddle).

In fact, you could even make the argument that violence in schools was even more common (though admittedly less deadly) back when institutionalized prayer was allowed.

2. profile image51

If America can affored Atheists Agnostics Skeptics in the Schools; I don't think they would mind a peaceful one also.

I agree! As long as their pray does not interfere with their learning then why should it not be allowed?

If one wants to pray over his or her food then they should be allowed to!

1. profile image51

And during that time the Atheists Skeptics Agnsotics should be allowed not to pray; as they don't believe in it; and it would be total freedom, no compulsion whatsoever.

I agree! One can not say a single group should have rights but not the other group! That is biased!

If anything prayer is beneficial to learning.

3. Anesidora profile image59
                  Anesidoraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is no law forbidding anyone from praying in school. The law merely forbids school-sanctioned prayers which would place undue pressure on children and seem to validate delusional tendencies.

3. Eaglekiwi profile image76
              Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Keep God out of American schools??

Then what then do you say about the Pledge Of Allegiance

"One nation under God" etc

1. profile image0
                sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The word "god" was added to the pledge I believe in the 30s could have been 40s but I cannot remember off the top of my head.

As far as schools go, they stopped staying the Pledge when I was still in elementary school.  My friend says that they put it back a few years back but I haven't seen it. 

We do not say the Pledge in the school I work at but I don't know which states do.

4. duffsmom profile image59
              duffsmomposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is interesting that someone who rejects religion would bother to post in a forum in the religion section.  Why bother?  To argue?  To Berate?

3. thisisoli profile image81
        thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ahh so a society wide dillusion should be instated instead?

1. Woman Of Courage profile image59

No, the wide TRUTH should be instated instead.

2. hanging out profile image60
          hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well the history books lie. Math is mandatory up to quantum level. Geography changes and has changed. Physical education cant seem to get the fat of young kids. Science is still a practice but never a finished product.
          Seems the delusion is already in place.
          oh for a quiet time of peaceful prayer
          nothing quite like it!

3. Jerami profile image59
          Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

One mans delusion is another mans dinner.

4. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

lalala i'm w/dave....
    I don't know what your'e talking about..zzzzzzz

1. hanging out profile image60
      hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

if you stop dying your hair blonde your whole world will change.

5. stilljustwonderin profile image61
    stilljustwonderinposted 13 years ago

Your right.  Society has no clue.  It is sad.  Society has taken what is wrong and said it is alright.  It doesn't matter if God said it is wrong.  It isn't convenient for it to be wrong.

6. Kiddo Zerglin profile image65
    Kiddo Zerglinposted 13 years ago

From a guy who's name is "HitALot".  I think I understand.  You will be okay.  Pray to your God and all will be well.

7. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Wow, Prayer in schools is the only way to ensure religious freedom? Really?
    Whose prayers, what religion?
    The only way to ensure religious freedom is to keep it out of the schools. Once they start allowing prayer in school the choices of those who do not believe or who believe differently are being infringed upon. How is that freedom?
    Our children have no choice about attending school. We cannot simply opt out, therefor allowing prayer in school would be subjecting many students to teachings that are in disagreement with what they or their families believe.

1. profile image51

Every student and the teacher should pray as per his/her faith silently in the class; say for five minutes.

1. Ohma profile image61
        Ohmaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This way would eliminate all issues of unwanted exposure to conflicting religious beliefs.

I dont think they should be forced to pray...or be subjected to prayer in a group-like setting! But I do think freedom should go both ways! A child should be allowed to pray if he wants! It is called freedom!!

2. janis8 profile image60

Should this be legislated?

8. stvn.vrms profile image60
    stvn.vrmsposted 13 years ago

I am a firm believer in the separation of church and state.

9. pylos26 profile image71
    pylos26posted 13 years ago

Hito wrote:
    "What I meant was in today's society our culture has become way too desensitized from right and wrong."

Well...I would have never guessed.  but i can let you in on a little secret...BTW, how's all that praying coming along?...any results?

10. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Society Has No Clue

For what?

11. profile image0

Thank you all for your fine concerns;
    It's basically up to the individual if he or she want to submit,
    No one can't have their heart beat something it won't..,
    There needs to be an initiative on the part of the individual;
    Prayer can help but their has to be work to see the process come into effective.

12. pylos26 profile image71
    pylos26posted 13 years ago

Please tell us how prayer can help...

1. profile image0

"Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our concious contact with God, as we understood him praying for understanding for his will,
      Praying only for knowledge of his will for us and the power to carry that out." - Step 11, describes this prayer addage,
      Also : The example of Jesus " Our father who our in heaven hallowed be thy name,
      * ( These are just two examples given that I could share): You have a heavenly father who loves you and knows your needs; Still one has to be willing to yield to what the sovereign Lord wants from his children;
      I other words you can't let your heart beat something it simply can not.
      ( Our world today has become much too desensitized to even grasp this notion of thought ?),
      Becoming zombie like in nature ever since the end of the 50's and 60's when being liberal was accepted as he norm...,
      * Prayer can help but you have to be humble enough to let it work in your life, ( Such as faith being the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things to come, without it it's totally impossible to please God.) Heb 11.1 and 6.

1. profile image0

* ( Correction : liberalism was accepted as the norm,
        Sorry to have offended the chinese man !

13. profile image51

Society Has No Clue

of what?

14. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

You all don realise you is all goin ter hell.  I dun red near four hole pages of a book once and there wos this hole load of people bigotting and begatting one another and i seed the lite and was born agin into jeesus.

An you can just wotch out!  i got this cutty pastey thing and I is gonna cut an paste loads of things i don unnerstand into these here forums cos i luv yer.

1. profile image0

What ?

china man what are you talking about?

Are you serious or just mocking? It seems you are mocking! If so, be nice and peaceful! And God can forgive you for that!

Peace

1. profile image0
        china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am being nice - if I was being not nice it would show.

I am trying to show the imbecility of the god nonsense and the semi-literate unreasoning herds of sheeple who mill around in confusion - and then post their semi-literate rubbish in this WRITERS FORUM.

1. profile image0

What ?

1. profile image0

Have a good night friends.
            Invite Jesus Christ into your hearts and you will all be the richer for it;
            Excuse my spelling, cause I was using Chinaman's pen and it exploded on his intellectually desensitized skull !
            Yet I will forgive his horse yet not him.
            Leaving it up to God for restoration.
            O.K  chinaman your forgiven, there I said it and may God bless you too !

China man this is a writer's place! And I'm a writer! I've been published a few times! However, these are also called "forums" for people to post in...and since it has forums also...therefore you get people posting threads! And these forums have many different categories... one of such being Religion! So, when you have relgious forums you will get religious threads! Common sense??? I think so!!! So...with that being said...I think you are asking a little much! You want the religious category in the forums to be about what???

Sorry but you ask for it!!

Peace!!

1. profile image51

I agree with you; there is no compulsion to write in the religion forum if one does not believe in a religion.

15. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I remember doing morning prayer and saying the pledge of allegiance in school.  And I remember when it was banned.

I believe that that did have an affect on student behavior.

What I think had the greatest impact upon student behavior is when parents started going to the school to beat up the teacher that "Unfairly?" punished their child.

But the worst cause of violence by school age children began when parents had to worry about going to jail for spanking their own children.

Children were given too much power by the state.
    At about this same time is when POT made its way onto the school playgrounds.

All of that happened in a short period of time.

It seems as though out children have been undermined.

I have often wondered how many of these children's parents were high on LSD at the time of their conception???

Which individual thing was the most damaging? 
                we will never know ??
      Maybe these changes made life on earth better??

1. profile image0

My thought's exactly,
      Have a blessed day in the Lord !
      Mario

1. Jerami profile image59

It seems as though every aspect of life is on its down hill run.

Like standing on top of the mountain watching a few dozen trains running full speed ahead, coming to the same intersection arriving simultaneously.

The locomotives are so loud that no one hears the traffic controllers voice.

But they will all blame the traffic controller.

16. profile image51

Society Has No Clue

of what?

1. profile image0

That life without Jesus Christ is :
      A fast track toward your way to certain death in Hell !

1. Jeff Berndt profile image71
        Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jesus: your spiritual GPS.

1. profile image0

Thank you kindly.

1. profile image0

Society still has no clue.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
              Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Would that be the society that is primarily made up of religious believers? smile

1. profile image0

Thanks be to God !

17. Eaglekiwi profile image76
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

You ,we,are what makes up a  society ,therefore are you suggesting none of us any clue?

1. Jerami profile image59

Yea ...  You, Me and everybody else;  we ain't got a clue as to what is really going on.

I agree totally.

1. profile image0

it all depends on what the word "is" really means ?

18. Eaglekiwi profile image76
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

No, it doesnt.

1. profile image0

Exactly !

19. profile image0

Still society has no clue !

20. christiansister profile image61
    christiansisterposted 13 years ago

This thread I would have to say was the funniest one I have read all day! I actually laughed out loud many times. Thanks smile

1. profile image0

sister christian the time has come don't you know it's the only one to say O.K ! ( Still society has no clue ! )

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)