This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)

Where in this world would you most like to go? How would you get there?

1. Ruby H Rose profile image75
    Ruby H Roseposted 6 years ago

Where in this world would you most like to go?  How would you get there?

by sea, by air, ?

2. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

Right where I'm at, here in southern Arizona, one mile from the Mexican border with illegal immigrants trekking north through our property at various times.

Well...I guess there is one place I'd like to go right now.  The bathroom.

Believe I'll use my feet to get there.

3. Alan Nelson profile image61
    Alan Nelsonposted 6 years ago

Darwin and the Top End of Australia. ... Of course I would want to travel From Adelaide on the iconic GHAN train.I have been dreaming of this trip for many years.
    .. .. from Alan Nelson the Australian-Born-Tourist.

4. one2get2no profile image82
    one2get2noposted 6 years ago

I would like to go to Bali in Indonesia by a slow boat.

5. chspublish profile image81
    chspublishposted 6 years ago

Anywhere in Northern France for the growing season. To get there I would take a local ferry service, about a 14 hours trip - a chance to breath 'fresh air'.

6. billybuc profile image86
    billybucposted 6 years ago

Great Britain...how would I get there? Fly of course....but then a deeper answer would be I would get there only by selling more of my writings so I can afford the trip.

7. aslaught profile image60
    aslaughtposted 6 years ago

To the Bahamas!  I saw Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda there just the other day and it was 81 degrees.  Here in Alabama,  today,  it's barely above freezing with a wind chill of below freezing.  I would love to be in The Bahamas.  I would fly there!  I would want to get there as quickly as possible!

8. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 6 years ago

I would like to go from Darwin Australia ( we are 10 hours from there in the Top end ) to Greece by boat so we could stop at other places on the way .
    We are planning a trip there and other countries this year but will have to fly . Hopefully we will get to Canada as well !

9. pstraubie48 profile image86
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

Like the character in the book 'the horrible no good very bad day', i would love love love to go to Australia....high on my bucket list..and I would cruise if i could but a plane would be better so i could arrive sooner!!!!

10. profile image0
    onlookerposted 6 years ago

Turkey! I've heard so much about it: beautiful beaches, traditions, food, people etc. I will be flying of course but it'll probably take me a few years before i can accumulate all that cash, traveling luxuriously has a price and it's well worth it!

11. profile image54
    wim99posted 6 years ago

Anywhere strange and interesting or exotic, but most of all safe. There is a degree of hostility to outsiders wherever you may roam.

12. Jeppi profile image57
    Jeppiposted 6 years ago

Southern Europe, France, Italy, Switzerland.. by bike, thats my dream!

13. Santih profile image58
    Santihposted 6 years ago

Back to India. It is truely a world within a world. Interesting people, great sites and food. By plane, the quickest way possible.

14. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Ruby H Rose,

I would like to visit so very many places and times..........but the single most, place that I would like to go.............

Back to the time of my children's childhoods.   I would be such a better, more informed, more gentile mother,: gone would be the hurried one, they knew, commanding, " pick it up, put it up, pack it up"..............." Let's go"........

No, when I get back there, to those childhood's......we will just .............be........there will be nothing that has more importance.............no thing.

The valentines' parties at school, the Christmas parties.........how, I would now, know that those were the moments of our lives together.   They never once cared on how many sales, I achieved, or whether my company showed a profit, or was shopping for a better insurance policy.  It never mattered to the little girls, if my company had 6 or 22 incoming lines.........

I would like to go back, to hear their tender little voices, asking " why", or " Mama, will you", even the endless "how come(s)"...........

Yes, Ruby H Rose...........I would indeed like to go "back".............I have offered to trade my tomorrows...........still, I can not get there.

15. liquidpanorama profile image57
    liquidpanoramaposted 6 years ago

I have always wanted to visit Japan. I have a cousin who use to live there for most of the year. He married into a well-to-do Japanese family, which has got to be rare for a black man. He would visit once or twice a year and I  was always completely enchanted by his stories about living there. I've also been among the anime and jdrama fansub scene since I was 13 or 14  (31 now). This was back when fansubs were still being passed around on vhs. Anyway, I would definitely be flying there.

16. Peggy W profile image93
    Peggy Wposted 6 years ago

See why people as early as the 1st century wanted to live in this amazingly scenic area of Italy.  Photos & videos are included. read more

working