Relay Writing has begun! Hubber to Hubber stories and prompts...

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (39 posts)
  1. missolive profile image61
    missoliveposted 12 years ago

Join us for Relay Writing!

How it works...

Choose a hub (writing prompt) from the Relay Writing participants.
    Their hub will end with a writing prompt.
    You write a new hub with THAT writing prompt and you end it with a NEW writing prompt.
    Another hubber writes the next hub and it keeps going.
    Jump back in when and where you want.
    This can lead to various story threads - have fun with it and enjoy the diversity.
    A hub might get various responses - and that is ok smile

This is what we have so far,

Mundane Monday, by MissOlive -
         opening writing prompt - It was the usual Monday morning
         ending writing prompt - I back out of the driveway when...
         Link - http://missolive.hubpages.com/hub/Relay … g-Prompt-1

I Back Out of the Driveway, by barryrutherford -
         opening writing prompt - I back out of the driveway when...
         ending writing prompt - A simple rumor can ruin a promising legal career
         Link - http://barryrutherford.hubpages.com/hub … veway-when

The Target, by tsmog -
         opening writing prompt - A simple rumor can ruin a promising legal career
         ending writing prompt - Drifting in thought a moment I remembered , , ,
         Link - http://tsmog.hubpages.com/hub/The-Target

A simple rumor can wreck a promising legal career, by barryrutherford
         opening writing prompt - A simple rumor can wreck a promising legal career
         ending writing prompt - What the hell I am grasping at straws!
         Link - http://barryrutherford.hubpages.com/hub … gal-career

What the hell�I am grasping at straws! , by capricornrising
         opening prompt - What the hell�I am grasping at straws!
         ending prompt - With a gulp, I realize my iPhone is missing
         Link - http://capricornrising.hubpages.com/hub … e-of-Shame

Be Sure You Wear Your Good Underwear, by sholland10
         opening writing prompt - I back out of my driveway
         ending prompt - Through my squinted eyes bright light came rushing toward me�
         Link - http://sholland10.hubpages.com/hub/Be-S … -Underwear

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Details and suggestions
    - Avoid numbering the hubs in your titles (can get very confusing)
    -Create an original title for your hub
    -Identify your opening and closing writing prompts
    -Include a link to the preceding hub (this way your reader can see where your hub inspiration and writing prompt came from)
    -Post your hub in this forum - using the format I used above

Have fun!

Feel free to post ideas and suggestion!

1. lobobrandon profile image87
      lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi missolive
      I replied on your hub as well.
      Great idea you have here big_smile
      Looking forward to more hubbers joining it.

2. capricornrising profile image61
    capricornrisingposted 12 years ago

I've got a couple of takers on my hub's comments, so hopefully the project will have more sections posted in the next few days.

missoliveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yay! I think this is finally going to pick up some speed smile

3. melbel profile image94
    melbelposted 12 years ago

Awesome idea! I will have to start reading some of these hubs. I'm not a creative writer, but definitely think this is a really cool idea.

Jump on in when you are ready melbel. There are some funny ones and then there are a few action hubs. Sholland10 had me giggling smile

4. Denise Handlon profile image86
    Denise Handlonposted 12 years ago

Interesting...wish I wasn't working the hours I do; it sounds intriguing.

5. homesteadbound profile image81
    homesteadboundposted 12 years ago

This is a test.

6. Denise Handlon profile image86
    Denise Handlonposted 12 years ago

Hi homesteadbound...how are you this early saturday morning?

1. homesteadbound profile image81
      homesteadboundposted 12 years agoin reply to this

you caught me before I could sneak in and then sneak out again.
      What time is it where you are?

1. Denise Handlon profile image86
        Denise Handlonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm here at work in NC and it is 1:21 a.m.   where are you from again?

Texas-it's 12:22 a.m.
          I'm planning on trying to explain some aspects of forum posting in my hub luv series this week.
          Do you have any idea what the permalink feature does?

1. Denise Handlon profile image86
            Denise Handlonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have NO clue...sorry.  That would make me Clueless in Carolina; it's a sequel to Sleepless in Seattle  lol

Good luck with your hub.

I also plan on featuring this forum so maybe more people will get involved. This looks like so much fun. I hope to check into it further next week, just have too much to do right now.
              I'm Tired in Texas

7. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

Missolive, just finished reading your hub Mundane Monday, and can't wait to read barryrutherford's story and the others after that.  Great idea!  I might just give it a try. smile

1. barryrutherford profile image74
      barryrutherfordposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just posted a new hub on prompt no #5  please fee free to follow.  Anyone else is also encouraged.  The more the merrier.  After all it's Xmas!

My new prompt is:

I looked through my iPhones Address Book and pushed call when I cam to Jane.

8. tsmog profile image85
    tsmogposted 12 years ago

Doing a followup to Sholland10's writing prompt from the article "Be Sure to Wear Your Good Underwear" was fun and challenging. The biggest challenge was I desired to tie it into a Christmas theme. Yet, I thought for fun I would toss in some hints from her article too. Take a peek at both articles if you have a few spare moments and enjoy a good read. Don't forget your favorite hot Holiday Season cup of brew - tea, hot cocoa, coffee, toddy , , ,

"Ghosts of Christmas Past" written by tsmog

opening writing prompt - Through my squinted eyes bright light came rushing toward from Sholland10's article "Be Sure to Wear Your Good Underwear

ending prompt - Have you been naughty or nice

Link - Ghosts of Christmas Past

9. homesteadbound profile image81
    homesteadboundposted 12 years ago

I have included this forum post in this week's hub luv hub. Hopefully you will get some more takers!

thank you Cindy! (homesteadbound)

We appreciate it.

It might not be a bad idea for those participating in 'Relay Writing' to include a link to this forum. Some of the hub directions might be a bit confusing. smile

10. brittanytodd profile image88
    brittanytoddposted 12 years ago

Hey!  I'm about to jump in on this, but I can't figure out whether we are trying to continue the same story or just use that one sentence to make our own?  Thanks!

brittany - you pick the ending word prompt of your choice and continue the story as you please. End it with a new prompt for the next hubber.
      Have fun with it!
      Be sure to come back and post it here with the opening and closing prompt - glad to have you aboard the Relay Writing Train smile

11. brittanytodd profile image88
    brittanytoddposted 12 years ago

Story #6 (Branch 1): Waiting for Jane

Starting Prompt: "I looked through my iPhone Address Book and pushed call when I came to Jane."
    Ending Prompt: "I opened the text and it said:"

Link:  http://brittanytodd.hubpages.com/hub/Re … me-to-Jane

Thank you for letting me be a part of this!  It's pretty short, but I'll try to make a longer on next time.  Enjoy!

12. barryrutherford profile image74
    barryrutherfordposted 12 years ago

Posted my response to Brittany Todds Hub Here:  http://barryrutherford.hubpages.com/hub … -Jane?done

13. barryrutherford profile image74
  14. barryrutherford profile image74

WTG Barry - I have some catching up to do!!!
      I'm very glad to see you have kept your Relay Writing thread going. I look forward to reading through these last three hubs. Keep it up!

15. Silja Paulus profile image59
    Silja Paulusposted 12 years ago

Guess, I will try to jump in soon as well. Looks like a good way to overcome the writer's block and get into the flow of inspiration (:

16. barryrutherford profile image74

for some reason I'm not getting these forum notifications in my e-mail...hmmm

On my way to check this one and your next one out. Keep em' coming Barry!

2. missolive profile image61

barry - here is a response to your hub - 'it's the police on the phone, they want to speak to you!"

My opening prompt - A policewoman in uniform walked in and stood forlorn and silent and stood against the wall near the door.

My closing prompt - Get your passport and pack your bags, you are headed for Australia! I grabbed my things and…

My hub - Holey Underwear! I'm Going Down Under! http://missolive.hubpages.com/hub/Relay … Down-Under

1. tsmog profile image85
        tsmogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

OK here is how it looks after coming through the fog. http://tsmog.hubpages.com/hub/The-Flight-of-Night
        The Flight of Night: Conjured from a Creative Writing Prompt
        I will be updating links probably when I go on vacation.  Time is precious now! So, I must be wiser. Thanks for reading it and thanks for all the inspiration everyone.

17. barryrutherford profile image74
  18. Tricia Ward profile image81
    Tricia Wardposted 12 years ago

Just posted.
    http://triciaward.hubpages.com/hub/Rela … nderwear-3

first time in the forums so still getting my head round it. Made a muck on the link I know, tried to change it but couldn't.

1. Ruchira profile image72
      Ruchiraposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi,

First time around in this forum...check the below link for the continuation on Tricia's sentence...
      http://ruchira.hubpages.com/hub/Spin-around-the-globe

1. Tricia Ward profile image81
        Tricia Wardposted 12 years agoin reply to this
  19. Tricia Ward profile image81
    Tricia Wardposted 12 years ago
  20. barryrutherford profile image74
  21. Wesley Meacham profile image60
    Wesley Meachamposted 11 years ago

I've written a response to missolive's prompt in "Holey Underwear! I'm Going Down Under!"

http://wesleymeacham.hubpages.com/hub/R … ers-Keeper

22. Wesley Meacham profile image60
    Wesley Meachamposted 11 years ago

In response to the writing prompt of Tricia Ward's Cross - Cultural reality - Relay writing.

http://wesleymeacham.hubpages.com/hub/H … ing-Prompt

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)