FIXED: Hub stats delayed

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)
  1. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

My views stats have not changed for over 3 days.  It took over 24 hours for new hubs to be featured.  The new hubs don't have any stats unless they have comments.  Funny, how do you get comments when stats show 0 views.  I have never seen so many bugs, issues with stats, search bar not working, etc, etc, in the 3 years I have been here.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image60
      The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Check stats in Google Analytics, use a browser to search. Patience on the Hubs being featured - look at the spider, it sits in its web in the same spot and just waits for something to come to it.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I just sent the team an email asking them to let us know what is going on with this.  I have never seen it take so long for the stats to update.

Analytics are OK, but when you are reworking articles, they are much more difficult to work with than with the state due to the way they are structured.

I'm sure installing a new server is feeding into this issue, but enough already!

2. Venkatachari M profile image83
        Venkatachari Mposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well said. Spider waits with so much patience. But at times, spiders fall prey to lizards.

True, but I was looking at spiders where there are no lizards.

2. Venkatachari M profile image83

But they are already accepting their weaknesses and putting to you open that stats are related to 3 days prior period. So let us be patient and do not confuse or panic them. They must be doing their best and I hope some patience can give fruitful result.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Yes enough is enough!  If I had the time to play with Word Press, which I find difficult, off I would go.  I don't like Blogger anymore because posts don't separate into what looks like separate pages anymore. Of course, there is still Weebly which has changed somewhat as to how it works.  Traffic is down, earnings are down.  Spam, report it, but it does not go away. Slop hubs, report them, they stay.  In August, things were looking up, since September, everything is running into the sewer.  Funny, I have not done anything to blogs and sites I have for maybe a year, except to go back and check for broken links, yet traffic is better on them than here.  I just don't get it.

1. Venkatachari M profile image83

Yes. I think it is from September onwards, when they announced the merger of Squidoo with hubpages. From that time, it all started. May be they were not expecting this much of problems that they may have to face. Otherwise, they would have been better prepared and well armed. So, let us wait and see with some more patience. Patience always gives good result.

2. Barbara Kay profile image72
      Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Linda, If you ever find a better place for a blog, let me know. I am searching myself.  I
      have found that you can make separate pages at Blogger, but don't know how well it will work yet. I don't think it will work for everything I want to do and I don't like the way they place their ads. . Thanks.

3. davidlivermore profile image91
    davidlivermoreposted 9 years ago

I really think they it's a ultra-low priority for them.  I rather use HP stats since they are easier to read.  Plus, I like to know if the pay I am getting corresponds with the hits on my hubs.  After three days, who is to say my earnings are accurate?

4. Dressage Husband profile image68
    Dressage Husbandposted 9 years ago

I also am getting fed up with the number of times that the statistics here fail. I get the impression that HP underestimated the impact of adding 175,000 new Hubs when they took on Squidoo.

I am also wondering if some of Squidoo's issues related to software issues that are now affecting HP? I was on Squidoo and their site was more reliable, but the new Hubs all have to be brought in line with HP standards and maybe some of the technical issues relate to conversion problems?

The change over to new servers also took place not long after the merger and this would definitely have stretched the technical team here. I think we will all have to learn to be patient and wait it out. I just wish there was more information as to what is happening and when we can expect it to be resolved.

Imagine yourself in charge of a growing business and you just hired a large amount of new employees. There are going to be setbacks and changes until everything settles down. The previous employees complain to you but you are doing everything in your power to correct it, they must all be patient.

5. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Barbara:  Blogger is funny.  I had a new blog deleted by them with claims of spam.  Have no idea as to what that meant. I never got email anything. When I went to update it, the blog was gone.  Weebly has a bit of a learning curve, but it ranks 8 out of 10 with Google. You can start with Free sites.  I have one with my own domain name that I get from names cheap, but I still have to pay Weebly for hosting.  Doing it my way is cheaper than paying Weebly from everything.  I don't like Blogger now because when you have more than one post on a page, there is no break, so it all looks like one post. I have made sales from my blogs there for sure, but I have gotten sales from Weebly too.  You don't have to have ads on Weebly.

You can create as many blog pages on Weebly as you want too.
    Another thing I like is that you can start one page, and then add sub-categories for that page using separate pages on Weebly.

My website on my profile is my own domain on Weebly.

6. Marina Lazarevic profile image77
    Marina Lazarevicposted 9 years ago

Hi all! Yes, Hub stats are delayed. We are aware of the issue and are working on it. I do not have an ETA now, but I'll post an announcement in My Account. Rest assured that this has no effect on your earnings (which are already in and certified through yesterday). smile

1. janshares profile image94
      jansharesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much for the announcement posted on the accounts page.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)