Man's gravitation towards prettier hubbers

Jump to Last Post 51-72 of 72 discussions (178 posts)
  1. My Inner Jew profile image61
    My Inner Jewposted 14 years ago

I just like hot chicks like blondepoet too. No one wants to see fuglies

Trust me buddy, no one wants to be ugly...especially a woman...we all want to be thought of as beautiful and pretty by at least one man in our lives.  Confidence from within makes a woman even more beautiful most definitely.

1. raiderfan profile image61
      raiderfanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

not really, some women are still fugly

1. profile image0
        Writer Riderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok, enter sexism...

1. Lisa HW profile image62
          Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh - there's nobody as opposed to sexism as I am; but I think we all have to admit that confidence doesn't quite turn a lot of unattractive people into attractive ones.  Appearances shouldn't be the measure of a person, but I think we need to be honest that all the inner beauty/confidence in the world doesn't always make much of an improvement in someone's outward appearance.  That's not sexism.  It's just reality.  Sometimes, though, someone's inner beauty or inner ugliness can "add or take away points" on the "how beautiful score".

1. profile image0

You know, I find guys who possess inner beauty and charisma a lot more attractive than our handsome, macho counterparts. Of course a man can be both handsome and innately beautiful but those are hard to find, in my opinion, amongst their sex. However, who wants a shallow guy? Women fight over what? Men who will eventually make them unhappy (unless they know how to deal with them and those would most definitely be the women who take on the submissive mantel to gain power over their macho guys anyway)? Women should feel happy that they attract good men not ones thinking solely, exclusively with their sexual appendage.

1. Misha profile image63
              Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yikes

My Inner Jewposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol, does that man exist?  Unless of course you are talking about eunuchs...

2. profile image0
              Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes, Writer, I don't even think it is worth writing out decent opinions in these forums, especially lately, wink.

Agree with what you stated.  Also, for myself, I find that I am not really even physically attracted to those so-called macho, perfect counterpart guys.  I mean to say--I like probably what would be called 'very handsome' men, but not sooo perfect they have no character about them.  Because its boring!

There is that thing about models--you know, they photograph well because they are very even featured--in STILLS.  Few ever (although they try) go on to become film stars.  That's because their kind of beauty doesn't translate, basically, into character.

And, I think we should start talking about women's gravitation towards more handsome male hubbers here now for equal treatment.  wink  The 'pretty' thing is getting old and isn't that interesting to me or MOST hubbers, as I understand the vast majority are women.

1. WeddingConsultant profile image65
                WeddingConsultantposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lita, although I agree with your premise, I wouldn't say a good judge of man's "good character" is based on whether or not they starred in Hollywood. haha!

1. profile image0

Yeah...but that was not my point at all.  I'm talking about a purely physical attraction.  And I have those, even as a female, wink.

What I was saying is that I like very handsome men, but those with character in their faces--in their physical appearances.  Not quote, quote 'perfect' ones...like, Brad Pitt doesn't do a thing for me.

But if the posts were made as simply jokes, then OK.  smile

2. My Inner Jew profile image61

but have you ever met a woman who would be considered ugly physically but her personality was so fabulous she was rather pretty?  I definitely have...
    and hey some men sure aren't attractive either...

3. raiderfan profile image61
    raiderfanposted 14 years ago

no, sometimes fugly women are bitter, making them worse

1. profile image0
      nazishnasimposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps that's the reason why it falls upon us to treat them with a little more respect ... say firstly, by not calling them ugly or fugly or their synonym.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

raiderfan, I agree about "bitter".   I almost don't think, though, it's because others call them (a-hem) "fugly".  It's often because they have it in their heads they aren't attractive, or because they're envious of people more attractive than they are; and they kind of "choose the side" of "I'm not bothering, and furthermore, I hate everyone who does".  Sometimes it isn't that one person got a particularly beautiful face and someone else didn't.  Much of the time it's someone's own attitude.

4. My Inner Jew profile image61

well yes if you are not a beautiful woman, your chances of getting a husband are very slim....and your chances of getting a good husband, near impossible...
    while you unattractive men can still get a gorgeous woman

1. profile image0

Definitely not the case. Some men are just born narcissists regardless of how beautiful a woman might be.

2. raiderfan profile image61

well then the women betta maake the money like a fugly man does if she wants some

5. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

Nah, sorry, I think the unattractive men are SOL.  UNLESS (maybe--and if the woman's standards for herself are nonexacting) the guy is rich.  wink

Husbands be highly highly over rated, anyway.  BF's are sexier..lol

6. My Inner Jew profile image61

smile it really isn't about money to most women

sure! women like money too!

1. profile image0

Whether we are pretty or not, we can make our own money.  Making the relationship we have about something else.

women like money, they go after hugh hefner and hes a hundred with the hottest women on earth.

7. Murilion profile image61
    Murilionposted 14 years ago

I m not using any kind of bolywood moview ,I use my girl pict,I want her to be with me here all the time seeing what I do

8. profile image56
    prince1244posted 14 years ago

Sometimes the pictures will help but the content is more important.

9. My Inner Jew profile image61

Well who doesn't?  But i wouldn't want to spend my days waking up to a rich jerk who may just kick my behind for a new hot young thing anyways

at least you'll be rich after the divorce,. I'd sleep with someone to get rich.

1. Misha profile image63

Especially if she's pretty wink

Lol guys, four words: women of the night...then at least they won't be waking with the same jerk every day..heck they won't even have to sleep the whole night with him

2. blondepoet profile image66
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LMAO Raider you make me laugh indeed

10. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

relationships based on looks are pretty primitive in my view.

1. profile image0

It's the lizard brain, earnest, definitely... wink

11. profile image0

Nope.  I'd rather get rich the hard way and sleep with one I choose.  Anything else would be boring.

12. profile image0

OR!  They could become gigolos.  LOL.  If they are sure they've got the looks for it.  Way ta get rich by sleeping with people...wink

haha yeah!  this is one area guys you have to be attractive for...otherwise you get to wake with the same women to nag you about your life...day in and day out

13. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

I kind of gravitated here again as Christoph, Misha and Raider are here. Aghhhhhh.

14. Paper Moon profile image81
    Paper Moonposted 14 years ago

I personally go for the cat avatars myself.  Nothing like a nice hairy p……  uh, you know.

1. profile image0
      jami430posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hahahahahaha

2. profile image0
      nazishnasimposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now don't get me started on you young man ...

15. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Im ok with any kind of gravitation so long as they remember to "click" lol and thats assuming they gravitate my way.

I think to tell you the truth avatars  are like advertising act in two ways.
    Grab your attention,and some of the more risque avatars would no doubt interact with our visual sensors intially anyway.

Have an opposite effect ( just like an advert).

Sexual innundo still sells unfortunately ,even if the reaction is one of irritation.
    Perhaps if Hubpages generates scores according to 'activity' then the bias will rest with the 'prettier hubbers' or 'sexiest avatar"
    Marketing no doubt.

But I agree with Lita the discussion itself is um ..a bit old..( my words)

16. profile image0

Eaglekiwi!

I'm gonna fan you for that!  And I can't see you anymore, so it isn't based on a sexy picture.  wink

Yeah, and like MY readers/customers are gonna be interested in looking at some bollywood actresses' cleavage.  I think the discordance between my content and that kind of photo would turn any readers away...  Marketing is actually a little more complex than what is made out in this post...I actually know, since I work in the field.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank-you
      Just off the topic a little what surprises me is a hub well wriiten , drama, emotion filling the air and it scores quite low ,but anything to do with sex and its weeeee...quite high.
      I am not saying they are necessarily sleazy but empty if you know what I mean.

17. WeddingConsultant profile image65
    WeddingConsultantposted 14 years ago

In fact, I'm surprised I even used the words "Hollywood" and "good character" in the same sentence...

Of course there are exceptions to the rule, but hopefully the point was made.

18. MotherHubber profile image60
    MotherHubberposted 14 years ago

I don't think my spiky bra is earning me any extra clicks.

1. mandybeau profile image57
      mandybeauposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Motherhubber you would be getting clicks galore if the spiky bra ad was on your page Ie where could one get one, trouble is, people don't click boring ads, no matter how exciting you are. Long as you are getting the views.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ohhh yea sorry those spikes! lol

3. Misha profile image63

trust me, it does tongue

19. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

I'd say it get's you noticed so I would keep it on if I were you.............

20. mandybeau profile image57
    mandybeauposted 14 years ago

I am hoping thast Che Gueverra  gets noticed more...... I mean that spiky bra is pretty cool, but once seen, no thats wrong. Oh well Women might start getting into my Hubs. at moment it is predominantly men............lol

21. laringo profile image61
    laringoposted 14 years ago

I'm sure most will agree with this statement. If there are two identical writings, one with an avatar of an attractive blond and the other a less than desirable woman by beauty standards of the status quo; the first mentioned writer will be visited much more often. Those are just the facts of life and the male human species...lol. I'm really serious though.

22. Shadesbreath profile image76
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

I had all this stuff to respond to different stuff along this whole thread, but, it's too much now.  I'll just say there's nothing wrong to thinking a hawt chick is hawt. (Or a hawt guy is hawt, although I often do cruel things to hawt guys in my stories just because I can... not always, but usually. It can't be a bad reflection on me, because Jane Austen always took out the "best looking" guys too, so, I have precedent.)  For the most part, I choose hubs based on titles or subjects if it's some writer I've never seen/read before.  But I have occasionaly just clicked on a hot chick or cleavage icon for that simple reason too. My universe isn't so black and white as to make wit and hawtness mutually exclusive when it comes to what is tempting. I'm perfectly happy with my shallow side.  It amuses me when my deep side is too dark and mysterious to suit my mood. My water is constantly sloshing back and forth between the two.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)