Hubber Babies!

Jump to Last Post 1-45 of 45 discussions (68 posts)
  1. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Woohoo! I'm a granny! Please meet Chloe Elizabeth (left), born at 12:32pm today and weighing in at 6lb 13oz. On the right is Cara Shea, born at 12:30pm and weighing in at 8lb 1oz.

http://i25.tinypic.com/118gavb.jpg

Mommy and babies are doing very, very well. And Granny is so proud she is about to bust!

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congrats to you Grandma. I'm sure its fulfilling. smile

2. profile image0
      Writer Riderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awww...they're so sweet! Congratulations!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Congratulations, they are beautiful smile

3. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Ohhhhh woonderful!

Big congrats to all concerned, especially mummy ... clever girl!

smile

4. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Well ain't that grand! Congrats on the lil cuties granny.

5. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Oh they are Beautiful!  Congratulations Grandma!!!!!

6. lrohner profile image69

Thank you, thank you! Now, should I be Granny, Grandma or Grammy? What to do, what to do....? smile

1. TamCor profile image82
      TamCorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations--they are BEAUTIFUL!  Twins...double the fun!big_smile

I like Grammy, but then, that's what my grandson calls me--Grammy Tammy...lol...

But I'm sure you'll answer to anything, right? big_smile

lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL! Yes. My daughter lives only a few blocks away, so I'm sure I'll be answering to many titles like Chief Cook and Bottle Washer for a while! And Grammy Tammy is hysterical!

Thanks Tam and Ladybird!

2. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh Lrohner congrats the girls are gorgeous. But Wow 8lbs1 and 6lbs13 those are great sized babies for being twins...amazing.
      I like Gramzy  because that's what my first granddaughter called me first.

3. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

HAHA!!!!  smile  congrats!! Youll pick what you want to be called, but trust me...grandbabies make up their own minds. Mine call thier grandparents THE Gramps, and THE Gramsey.

7. Vee Rose profile image61
    Vee Roseposted 14 years ago

They're adorable!!!

8. AsherKade profile image58
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

they are HUGE for twins! That must've been a difficult and painful birth...glad she did well....you have a lot to be thankful for...

Huge, YES! And she wasn't even due for 3 more weeks! Could you imagine! But their Mom was 10 pounds at birth, so I'm not too surprised...

Thanks Asher and Vee!

9. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Big congratulations! well done to mum. I think nan is nice.

Thanks, Wren. Nan. Nanny. Nanna. Hmmm, it's got potential! smile

10. Ladybird33 profile image66
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

Awesome, I am a twin and it's wonderful!  Congrats, you are blessed.

11. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Congratulations, Irohner.  They are so beautiful.  I am a bit prejudiced, however when it comes to twins.  I have a pair of twins myself, and my nephews are twins.  Lucky you and parents.  It's a wonderful experience.  Very tiring in the first year, but well worth it.  Gorgeous girls.

Thanks Wordscribe! Since you're experienced with twins, any advice for my daughter?

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sleep when they sleep, never say "no" to an offer for help, make big vats of meals so you can freeze the leftovers, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, get a double nursing pillow, join a twins mom club (they have tons of free items and lots of support), many big formula companies will give you free formula for twins (ask if you want link), and make sure you get a date with your hubby at least once every 2 weeks.  Most of all, enjoy, know it goes very fast.  It's such a precious time, I was just looking at old pictures of them last week.  Twins are a GIFT.  Congrats again.

Wow! I am SOOO glad I asked! The double nursing pillow...I knew they existed and knew what they were, but not what they were called. Do you know where I can buy one for her? And although she plans on breastfeeding for the first year, I have serious doubts that it will continue past the first month or so. If you have a link for the free formula, please pass it along!

My daughter lives just a few blocks away from me, and since I work from home I'll be able to be there when the twins are napping so she can get a DEEP sound sleep and not worry over a baby monitor. And I've got the cooking covered for a while.

Thanks for all of the advice. Pass more along as you think of it! smile

1. profile image0

Twin Blessings makes a good one.  http://www.amazon.com/Double-Blessings- … B001P20VYM

I used My Brest Friend for a while while they were still small.  I also borrowed a twin pillow from my Mothers of Multiples group for a while until I bought my own. 

Proctor & Gamble (Pampers and Luvs) 1-800-543-0480 Call their customer service representative to receive a special, one-time set of coupons for parents of twins, including 2 free jumbo diaper packs (tell them which brand), 2 tubs of wipes and 2 coupons for money off of Dreft. Ask the rep. to transfer you to their automated line for their mailing list of newsletters and coupons. Supertwins have additional offers.

Diaper Geenies are great:
            For Multiple births; Playtex will send you a coupon for a Diaper Genie for Multiple births.
            Call 1-800-843-6430. They said to call back from time to time because they run certain promotions at different times of the year.
            Mail the copy of birth certificate to:
            Playtex Products, Inc.
            In Care of Diaper Genie
            600 Mondial Parkway
            Streetsboro, Oh 44241

For formula:
            Go to the Carnation website and sign up for Carnations’ Very Best Baby Program. If you are expecting twins or have them, you can send copies of your twins’ birth certificates, and you will receive six cans of formula.

Could've been a hub.  In fact, that may be the next one I do.

2. earnestshub profile image79
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow wordscribe! You are not just gorgeous and bloody close to perfect.... that is real great advice! I went through this process with my twin GK's and the twin club is amazing. BONUS We get two identical boys 1 day older than our twin girls for sleepovers and of course the four twins have wonderful conversations and games that entertain we adults so much!Take care of yourself is good too.5 hours with the twin girls and their older brother who is now 5, and I am ready for bed! How do they get that much energy!!! I think I already asked you how you remove twins, but we never found a solution. Have you still got one attached to your leg? smile

1. profile image0

You flatter me so, Earnesthub.  They only become unattached from my legs when they have playmates over.  It's the only twinectomy procedure that works temporarily. 

About the energy level, I am simply baffled...  They are wild, and feed off of each other.  Plus, they are very skilled at using teamwork to get things done.  Started when they were barely walking- hey, I'll push over the ladder and spot you if you get the Oreos. 

Love them to death.  But, yes, I am quite tired most of the time.  smile

12. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

OHHHHH my Goodness!!!! (wondered where ya's been)

How wonderful and sweet to read good news on here smile

Congratulations and hugs to proud parents, thankyou Irohner for sharing your good news with us all !! smile

Gorgeous names too !!! ooooaaaa how sweet they both look

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/glitters/b/best_grandma-2877.gif

Thanks, Kiwi. And boy, I'm pickin' up what you're layin' down about the 'good news' thing! smile

13. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

They are gorgeous.  Make sure you spoil them!!!

Thanks, Davina. Rest assured that spoiled they will be!

14. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

Oh my goodness, they are beautiful!!! Congratualtions, Granny!!! big_smile

15. Kidgas profile image63
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

Absolutely adorable.  Congrats to you and their mother.

16. lrohner profile image69

Thanks so much, Janetta and Kidgas. I will pass along your good wishes to their Mom!

17. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I just saw the precious ones! Oh how beautiful they are!!
    Heaps of congratulations [and good luck!]to all concerned, as a granpa of twins and a twin myself I go very weird over babies anyway of course, and twins?? wow, that is so wonderful!

18. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Congrats Lrohner, and best of luck to them! smile

19. Beth100 profile image68
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Congratulations Irohner!  And congratulations to the new mother and father too!  They are beautiful!!!  Good health and a happy life to the family!

20. lrohner profile image69

Thank you so much Ernest, Misha amd Beth.

Ernest, any words of wisdom?

21. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Absolutely precious and beautiful.  Congratulations to you, their parents, and the rest of your lucky family.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc119/LadyTSJ64/thIts-A-Girl-Baby-Balloon-Bouquet.jpg

22. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Wow Cool... Congratulations for helping to create perfection!
    These two are lovely...
    You will write lots of Hubs about them.
    Introduce them to writing early in the peace.
    Everyone will notice the beauty of your 'Book Ends' smile
    Love the beanies too. smile  Well Done.

23. profile image0
    Feline Prophetposted 14 years ago

Such dolls! Congratulations! smile

24. HubChief profile image71
    HubChiefposted 14 years ago

tons of congratulations grandma...  It is wonderful to be one.

I remember how my mother and mother-in-law were when i was outside labour room and hugging them and 3 of us jumping around.

celebrations.. A very heartly congrats to you and your family on this milestone. howz parents doing?

cool

25. profile image0
    isis_dreams2002posted 14 years ago

congrats

26. lrohner profile image69

Thanks everyone! Mommy and Daddy are holding up well and should be headed home from the hospital with their new family on Saturday.

Zsuzsy - Luv Gramzy! I think Gramzy it is!!

WordScribe - Thank you so much for the input. I will be on the phone today for sure!

Fiery - Hey, you could make a movie out of this. "Dances With Twins", "The Twins of Madison County", "The English Twins", "The Lord of the Twins". What do you think? smile

1. profile image0

The Twins of Madison County sounds Oscar material. smile so what's the plot, Mamma?

Hmmmm...how about following the lives of twins who are professional bungee jumpers and practice on the bridges in, of course, Madison County? lol

1. profile image0

Bungee jumpers! lol What a cool Grandma you are! Its got a dramatic feel to it. Twin bungee jumpers. I'm pretty sure nothing like that has ever been done in a movie. Ha!

27. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

they are adorable you must be sooooo happy....

28. manchito profile image61
    manchitoposted 14 years ago

Gratz!

Enjoy Every minute! Soon, they will be going to college! So embrace every moment from now on!

29. darkside profile image64
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Congrandmalations!

1. profile image0

brilliant.

30. Shirley Anderson profile image71
    Shirley Andersonposted 14 years ago

Irohner, congratulations!!!  How exciting, and how beautiful they are!

I thought the same as Zsuszy that the babies are really good weights for twins.

Glad that mommy, babies and grandma are all doing well.  smile

Enjoy your precious little bundles.

31. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Irohner , just thought dont forget to print these good wishes pages off ,they will look great to do with  whatever you want , the list of creativety is endless...laminated , use in 'remember when ' capsules smile

(I saved a newspaper printed on my sons BIRTH day and gave it to my son when he was older, he just loved it!)

So add print to your 'to do' list ( and I bet its doubled(hehe) in size)

32. charanjeet kaur profile image59
    charanjeet kaurposted 14 years ago

Aww they are so cuddly and adorable, love them.
    Give my best wishes to both the parents, congrats on being a grandma. You must be feeling so happy.

33. lrohner profile image69

Thanks so much for the good wishes Darkside, Charanjeet, Shirley and Manchito!

And yes Kiwi, great idea! Got the print thing already started! (Now if I could only finish those baby blankets I started....) smile

34. Chris1|Chris2 profile image60
    Chris1|Chris2posted 14 years ago

Aww, congrats!! They're precious!

35. elainevc profile image59
    elainevcposted 14 years ago

Congrats... they're so adorably beautiful smile

36. Mac Mission profile image61
    Mac Missionposted 14 years ago

congrates the babies are so beautiful

37. lrohner profile image69

Thanks so much Mac, Elaine and Chris! They are cuties, aren't they? smile

38. Herald Daily profile image61
    Herald Dailyposted 14 years ago

Hearty congrats, Irohner!  I'm sure you'll be having a lot of fun with those adorable new granddaughters.

39. lrohner profile image69

Thanks so much, Herald!

40. profile image0

How are the twins, parents, and grandma doing today?  Anyone tired yet?  smile

Dad FINALLY went home last night and got sleep, as did Mommy. Thank goodness!  They were completely out of it yesterday!!!

Chloe is doing just fine but Cara has been in NICU since yesterday morning. Three IV's, a feeding tube, and two tubes in her belly button -- one to pump glucose and another to draw blood. Yesterday morning, her sugar dropped suddenly and it took them about 12 hours to stabilize it at 26!!! It's a bit higher now, but only because of the constant glucose drip. They're running all kinds of tests, but have no idea what's causing the severe hypoglycemia.

1. profile image0

Oh, no.  After my twins were born, my daughter Grace had hypoglycemia because I had gestational diabetes. 

How stressful!  Hopefully they can get it all straightened out, Irohner.  You guys are all in my thoughts.  Let us know how it all pans out, okay?

2. Jane@CM profile image61
        Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OH no!  Keep us posted and I will keep her in my prayers.

41. Epic Fail Guy profile image58
    Epic Fail Guyposted 14 years ago

What?

42. RooBee profile image81
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

Congrats - they are completely beautiful!! *smiles all goofily, smitten by the wee babes*

43. lrohner profile image69

Thanks, everyone, for the good wishes.

44. profile image0

How is Cara, Irohner?  When is the expected life flight travel?  Has she stabilized a bit?

45. finsofts profile image40
    finsoftsposted 14 years ago

Stay Happy..... best wishes for you....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)