jump to last post 1-23 of 23 discussions (37 posts)

Almost my first $500 month in March....

1. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

About $4 short..... fingers crossed for this month!

Although I won't divulge too much, as I have a big hub on the topic coming up, thats more than 40% higher than February....

Another assualt coming soon.... my target is $1000 by September!

1. Aya Katz profile image90
      Aya Katzposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Conratulations, Ryan! How do you do it? What do your "assaults" consist of? I just got my first payout yesterday, but today traffic is dragging.

1. 0
        ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hello Aya Katz..... I have been getting so many emails from people asking about my traffic, backlinking, tagging, etc etc etc.... since I have been quite vocal in the past about these things...

I have decided to lay bare many of the things that I do, have learnt, and give an insight into my month by month earnings on 1st July...

In that hub I will link to some hubs by some of the best hubbers, these are the hubs that I learnt almost everything from. I cant think of any other way really, I'm going to try and answer every single frequent question in that hub....

I know its a while away, but with a full time job now (previously unemployed or temping), thats the only way I can make it work...

I will of course let everybody know when its finished.

In addition, Darkside has made noises about pooling together a few good hubbers and getting a bit of an advice session going on, where we take a few hubs from beginners and give them as much advise on keywords, tagging, etc etc.... I have been asked to get involved with that, and I think it will help a lot of people.... will keep you posted on that.

2. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

Bloody well done Ryan - congratulations big_smile

*rooting for ryans earnings upgrade*

1. 0

Many thanks.... a while away from the real heavyweights, but that in itself is enough to spur me on for greatness!

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
        Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good for you Ryan. big_smile

1. 0

Thanks Mark. The best thing is that I know I could add another 50% - 100% without publishing another hub.... I won't do that though, I will just ensure that the next lot are great ones wink

2. salt profile image65
      saltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you are so funny, I love your frog!!!

1. frogdropping profile image84
        frogdroppingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Me too. Time you got a t-shirt with me printed on the front big_smile

And I noticed a hubber asking how ryan does it. Hard work, optimized hubs, backlinks and a spoonful or two of luck. Sometimes, no matter how much work you put into a hub, it just doesn't work.

Anyway, ryan deserves to reap the rewards for effort. Top of the class and all that smile

1. 0

Yep! Luck is a huge factor..... I am much better now at trying to create my own luck, but I must have 20 or 30 excellent hubs which struggle to take 10 page views a month...

I have found a great way to work is to write 3 or 4 hubs on a specific topic, link them all together, and then cross my fingers. Each hub targets different keyword phrases, particularly in the title and URL..... 1 might become a decent earner, 1 might do 'ok' occassionally, and 2 might be a waste of time....

Its like playing a free lottery... the more free lottery tickets you get, the more chance of hitting the jackpot. I dont underestimate things like tagging though....

I was going to disclose my highest earner too.... decided against that... although it was a COMPLETE fluke.... I wrote it for fun!!!

3. 0
    wordscribe41posted 6 years ago

Nicely played, Ryan!  Congratulations... keep us posted.

1. 0

Will do.... 1st July, remember the date wink

4. englightenedsoul profile image60
    englightenedsoulposted 6 years ago

Congratulations Ryan!!

1. 0

Many thanks Enlightened Soul!

5. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Cool Ryan..

1. 0

Many thanks

6. Sage Williams profile image91
    Sage Williamsposted 6 years ago

Awesome job, it's writers like you that inspire others to keep on writing.  Hope to be there some day.

1. 0

They get a lot more inspirational than me, trust me there are big dogs on here, I'm still a little guy wink

7. luciano63 profile image79
    luciano63posted 6 years ago

Lately I am increasing my very modest earnings per months, noiw I am at almost 6 euros! I keep on trying...

8. charanjeet kaur profile image60
    charanjeet kaurposted 6 years ago

Good for you Ryan.. lol I feel I have a long way to go I celebrated getting 100 after 4 months lol. Thanks for sharing keeps us motivated.

9. lakeerieartists profile image78
    lakeerieartistsposted 6 years ago

Good for you Ryan.  My direct income from Hubpages in March is going to be about $300 altogether and I am thrilled.  With all my new hubs, I should see a large increase in April too.  smile

10. ruanz3 profile image78
    ruanz3posted 6 years ago

Well done! smile

11. salt profile image65
    saltposted 6 years ago

12. myownworld profile image80
    myownworldposted 6 years ago

Congrats Ryan!

one day when you become a millionaire, don't forget to treat us to drinks...! wink

13. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 6 years ago

Well done mate!
    I won't divulge my earnings yet, because I want to have at least 1000 hubpages on my waynet account before I mention my earnings....

1. 0

A few weeks time then mate? Your on FIRE!!!!!

14. CMHypno profile image88
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Well done, Ryan - awesome achievement!

15. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Congratulations Ryan! smile

16. travelespresso profile image82
    travelespressoposted 6 years ago

Way to go- excellent work!!!  Congrats.

17. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

That is way cool Ryan! Good luck with the $4. Its the roundness of the figure that counts! lol

18. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

I'm so proud of your Ryan. This is a real accomplishment. Bet you get to $1,000 way before September.

1. 0

Many thanks Nelle! I actually told you that I was expecting to earn $420 this month a few weeks ago.... and also said that my estimates always seem negative and way too conservative.... so it was nice to see an extra $76 on top of that guess!

Will let you know when the first $1000 month comes along!

19. Glenn S. profile image60
    Glenn S.posted 6 years ago

Well done Ryan

20. Inspiration101 profile image72
    Inspiration101posted 6 years ago

That awesome!! Congrats!! You've already made it to the $500 mark in my book.

21. wrenfrost56 profile image82
    wrenfrost56posted 6 years ago

Many congrats ryan, got everything crossed for you. smile

22. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

Thanks to everybody else! Your congratulations mean a lot...

23. emievil profile image84
    emievilposted 6 years ago

Congrats Ryan. Going to watch out for your $1000 earnings. Congrats also (though a bit late) for getting that job.