My personal backlink challenge

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (88 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

For the whole duration of July and August I will be creating 10 Dofollow backlinks per day for my hubpages.

All of this effort is with the intention of whipping up a storm when Google do their major quarterly Page Rank / SERPS update in early September.

I would like to push as many of my hubs up a notch as possible and, in the process, win more of that lucrative winter traffic for the tail end of 2010.

Anybody wish to join me by creating their own backlinking challenge? I am moving away from prolific hubpage creation, with the exception of a few hot fad niches, and moving towards strengthening the position of my existing hubs.

Anybody think that this is a good idea? Many of my hubs are drastically underpinned, I see it as an experiment really.

Anybody care to join me?

1. Lily Rose profile image85
      Lily Roseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Count me in - this is something I've been wanting to focus on for a while but have been lazy about it.  Ten hubs a day sounds very doable.  Will you be focusing on shetoldme, xomba & snipsly?

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I will utilise Snipsly and SheToldMe, but not exclusively, I will also probably use Ezine and look for some relevant blogs etc... anywhere and everywhere.

I do use Xomba, but only really for that sites own earning potential (I get the odd big click or two), its nofollow so won't count towards my ten per day....

2. Back profile image61
      Backposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well, I'm not even sure I UNDERSTAND what you're doing let alone be able to do it myself.  I'm also not
      sure how long I'll be here . . . but . . . I really can't explain it any further
      people . . .

3. viryabo profile image96
      viryaboposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ok Ryan, i'm in. A challenge on backlinking is what i need, as challenges gives one a 'push' to get better at whatever one is doing.

Backlinking is such a chore though sad

2. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

It's a great idea Ryan and yes I shall join you as I've just had a lack of motivation at the moment with writing new hubpages, so backlinking the older ones is a good idea!

1. profile image0

Wayhay! Top class hubber on board!

So what you aiming for Wayne? 10 a day? Lets rule the web my northern friend!

1. waynet profile image69
        waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll do 10 backlinks per day for a group of my best performing hubpages, but also some other ones which just need a push, this way I'll be able to see some measurable results.

Yep lets rule the web!!!!!!!!!!! haha!

1. profile image0

Just you and mean then Wayne, to rule the world wide web!

Well that's ok, let some of the others debate religion whilst we take over the Internet and rule!

3. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

this is my everyday practice, so Im kind of on board.

Ill keep doing what I always do smile

But, I certainly cheer you guys on.

what type of backlinks are you aiming for?

simple comments? backlink sites, ? angela style profile links? bum marketing, article marketing?  All?

Anything and everything, within limits that is.....!

2. profile image0

All.... well maybe all except 'bum marketing', I'm not too sure what this one is.... if it involves my bottom in anyway then I'm not game lol

You can be our cheerleader then Sunforged? "H-U-B-B-E-R-S GO HUBBERS GO HUBBERS!"...

http://api.ning.com/files/XIAgiEsTIk*CRd-LJVU-y63JIVX1VVO8XRPXu-LLYg4RQk*i8bJ70IL8Caq*vMLKJpT0*ZvuBOUZcV3BozeFmNZBHx1yVIyl/malecheerleader.jpg

lol

(that man has disturbingly lady-like legs!)

big_smilebig_smile.....jesus!!!!!!!

1. profile image51
          hamilton505posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi, Can I join the Party?

2. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no fair taking my private pics from facebook to repost here

That was supposed to be for your eyes only!

lmao

4. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

I'm game Ryan. Point the way, I'll dofollow you in and among my (now) busy schedule big_smile

5. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 13 years ago

I am currently on a backlinking spree, so count me in smile

6. Shadesbreath profile image76
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

I have no clue how to backlink anything, so I'll just root for you guys and keep writing about duck poop and woodchucks.

Good luck though!!!

7. waynet profile image69

Because this backlink challenge can be measured by traffic stats and such, aswell as earning, I think I'll write a hub about my results and so I'll give my selected hubpages a few months before I write this hubpage, so 6 months from now I will document my results just to see if my efforts have paid off!

1. profile image0

Awesome, although I won't be doing that, have you seen my hubpage on my earnings for the year? That took me WEEKS to write.... that is enough community input from me for at least 3 months!

Yeah I read that and voted it up and all that jazz, couldn't think of ought to say in the comments, but it was a useful hub and I can see why it took awhile collating all that earnings and traffic data.

I've just realised I've never done one of those types of Hubs before and trying to separate my earnings from other blogs and websites has been a pain the last year for me, but now I've got a network of Amazon id's and Ebay code to track my stuff better(should have done that from the start!!!lol!)

So it should be interesting to see all of my earnings now and six months from now when I start this backlinking strategy....probably tommorrow.

8. jenblacksheep profile image68
    jenblacksheepposted 13 years ago

I spent a week backlinking like crazy, more so than usual and then realised that nearly all the links I'd created were nofollow. I did get a bit of traffic from them, but I've taken a step back from the backlinking for a little while before I throw my laptop at a wall.

Going to start backlinking again next week after I've finished some writing so I'll definitely join the challenge then.

1. profile image0

Its not the end of the world. The whole 'dofollow' and 'nofollow' thing only really relates to Google.

Whilst yes that is by far the largest organic traffic source, your nofollow links will still be counted by other search engine providers such as Yahoo and Bing.

Whilst I would concentrate future efforts on Google if I were you, it could still have some positive impact on your traffic and earnings. I still use Xomba occassionally, that is nofollow...

1. thisisoli profile image71
        thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

bing does not crawl or count no follow links, yahoo does not use nofolow links in serps, but does crawl them. Pointed this out with sources to Sunforged some time ago!

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
          Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

One thing I noticed - when I checked Google Webmaster tools, it listed the backlinks from Yahoo! Answers.  Does that mean Webmaster tools is different, and lists no follow as well as do follow or what?

1. Aficionada profile image79
            Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I very vaguely understand the concept of do follow and nofollow, but I don't know much more than the bare bones.

Marisa's comment sounds like Yahoo! Answers links are nofollow - is that correct?  If so, what does that mean exactly?  If I post a link there (Y!A) and get traffic as a result, what difference does it make to me that it is nofollow (if that is the case)? 

As you see by my question, I don't really understand the implications of the nofollow label.  (I actually have tried checking in HP FAQs and Forums to see what I could find.) Thanks.

1. sunforged profile image71

the ranking system as to what pages show up the highest in a search (google, yaho, bing etc) is very heavily influenced by the amount of backlinks leading to the higher ranking pages.

These backlinks (votes, signposts, recommendations) are set as dofollow and nofollow - if the link is dofollow - it is used in the ranking algorithm - if it is not, then its purpose is only really to have human visitors click through from it.

Its news to me that YA! is nofollow - it used to be a desirable site to link from - but then again its been a few years since I cared

2. Marisa Wright profile image87

Aficionada, when people talk about getting backlinks, their main goal is to raise their Hub's reputation in Google's eyes.  The more other sites link to a Hub, the better Google assumes it must be.

Google ignores "no follow" links.  However, they can still attract real live people who may click on that link, and other search engines don't make the same distinctions as Google.

Edit - Sunforged beat me to it!

3. thisisoli profile image71

I have a hub called the Truth about Backlinks which you might find useful smile

Thanks, Oli - I'll check it out.

@ Eric C. - Join the club!  Understanding backlinks is part of the learning curve, and just about every time I think I have gotten there, along comes a new bit of information that revises my uncertain knowledge.

EmpressFelicity gave a good analogy - but I'm one of the ones here who (currently) have few locations for placing "arrows," and so I keep trying to figure out how to work effectively with what I have, hoping eventually to expand into additional locations when I get the hang of it.

Heading off now to Oli's hub.  big_smile

2. englightenedsoul profile image57
            englightenedsoulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Marisa google have done some changes in their webmaster's tool and users are noticing inflated links.  It may also be the reason why it's showing links from  Yahoo! Answers.

Google Says New Links In Webmaster Tools Are Correct & Will Grow

9. sunforged profile image71

Interpretation by the individual search engines

While all engines that support the attribute exclude links that use the attribute from their ranking calculation, the details about the exact interpretation of the attribute vary from search engine to search engine.[7][8]

* Google states that their engine takes "nofollow" literally and does not "follow" the link at all. However, experiments conducted by SEOs show conflicting results. These studies reveal that Google does follow the link, but does not index the linked-to page, unless it was in Google's index already for other reasons (such as other, non-nofollow links that point to the page).[8][9]
        * Yahoo! "follows it", but excludes it from their ranking calculation.
        * Bing respects "nofollow" as regards not counting the link in their ranking, but it is not proven whether or not Bing follows the link.
        * Ask.com also supports the attribute. [1]

wiki "nofollow"

nofollow is indeed nofollow with the Big 3 - but what they claim and what seems to happen are not always the same

1. profile image0

Sunforged, you know too much!

We should have an 'ask Sunforged' forum on here. Then again, maybe not, that would drive you away!

10. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 13 years ago

Nothing like a HP contest to give me my fill of writing.  After the March contest I backed way off on writing and started bookmarking.  I wrote even more hubs for the June contest.  I had planned to do the same thing- more bookmarking.  But looks like I will be re-entering the work force part-time.  We'll se how it goes. 

Ryan, I have some pretty compelling data on the Kontera issue.  When you're feeling like 'community service' again, I'd love to send it to you.  You'd reach a much bigger audience.

1. profile image0

Sure go ahead and send it to me, I have time to read!, I will drop you a quick line so that you have my email addy....

11. Don Simkovich profile image61
    Don Simkovichposted 13 years ago

I'm glad I read this. Posting 10 backlinks a day? Wow! I'm going to choose Hubs that I feel should be most strategic for backlinking and make sure those are well covered.

12. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I'm so damn overloaded with work I'm not committing myself to anything. However I have just started to do more backlinking and I can sure see the difference.

I also am seeing traffic from both dofollow and nofollow, so frankly I'm going after both and not really care what they are.

I noticed today I'm getting at least 1,000 hits more than normal after the last few days of backlinking to my own website. I should have done this so long ago!

13. waynet profile image69

The backlinking has begun, early at 0630 hours and the military operations shall be used to boost the traffic and earning power of a group of my hubpages......woot woot!

1. michifus profile image58
      michifusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It has been put off for a long time, but I can resist no longer. 10 per day, oh dear god. You all clearly have too much spare time on your hands.

Time to roll up my sleeves and get on with it I suppose

I work online anyhoo, so I definitely have too much spare time on my hands!! lol!

14. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

I'd be up for doing five backlinks a day until the end of the month.  I currently receive about 5,000 views a month across just over 75 hubs, so there's definitely room for improvement.

I've also just started a "niche" blog (about container vegetable growing) so I'll count that in towards my target.

Someone on another thread (think it was Hovalis) recommended this site:

http://www.imautomator.com

The free version submits to 15 sites so I suppose that counts as 15 backlinks?

15. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

I'm sort of part of this challenge already (yet not officially welcomed aboard in this forum topic). Been part of the earn $100 in a single day challenge that Misha / Nelle started in another post.

I am primarily using 'bum marketing' as my main drive for traffic and backlinks.

For those not knowing what it is, in essence, it is a process of creating articles, based on highly focused, medium to low traffic keywords (around 50-100k searches) focusing then on lead generation of having a link to your blog, website, HubPage in your biography box on article sites.

In principle it is suggested to be as easy as literally taking a bum off the street showing them the process and watching them earn money (Hence the name of the strategy).

The focus for niches is providing articles, hence links for a 'hungry market' and answering questions on topic niches on what people are 'hungry' to know about.

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OK: so if you've got a blog that's about a particular subject, is it better to link from the blog to one of your hubs on the same subject, or is it better to link from one of your hubs to the blog?

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am no expert here, but I would think you want to drive traffic to where you want to earn the most.

If it is your blog then Hubpages and other backlinks to your blog, if its for a HubPage, then vice versa.

1. profile image0

I suppose I would really like most of my traffic to go to the blog, because there I would get a 100% share of any earnings!  But as it's a stand-alone blog rather than part of a well-respected site like Hub Pages, then presumably I'm going to have more of an uphill struggle to get the traffic there.

Empress, I'd be pointing HubPages to your niche blog, not vice versa.  That's what I do.

The reason is that HubPages have a high profile all by themselves, so a link from a Hub has a lot of value.  Whereas a link from your little blog to a Hub doesn't count for much.

Plus, each of your Hubs is a stand-alone entity.  Getting a backlink to one Hub doesn't help any of your other Hubs, you've got to promote each one individually - which is a pretty daunting task.  To put that in perspective, I have over 1,000 backlinks pointing to one of my sites.  That's a lot of links - but if they were pointing to my Hubs, it would equate to less than 100 links to each Hub.

1. profile image0

Aaaah yes, hadn't thought of it like that - thanks.  I need to write a lot more hubs about the topic the blog's on then!

16. profile image0
    twhite94posted 13 years ago

I am in! Can we compose a list of back links that everyone can use?
    This is what I have seen so far:

Snipsly
    She Told Me
    Ezine

Can we add to this list?

17. profile image0

I've got a general question about what happens when you backlink from multiple bookmarking sites.  When you do so, most of these sites ask for a bit of blurb about what you're linking to (say, 50 words or so).  If you're doing backlinks to the same hub from different bookmarking sites, can the blurb be exactly the same for all of them, or should you write a different blurb every time? 

I've been writing different blurbs every time, but I can see this would be quite difficult if I'm backlinking from ten different sites to the same hub.  (It's doable for three sites, but any more than that and I think I'd struggle.)

It certainly is best to write a different blurb every time...that's why a keyword list comes in handy of your chosen niche topic, so that you can re-title and chop and change the descriptions of your bookmarks and such! I do this all the time!

1. profile image0

Good point about the keyword list!  So do you change the titles as well?  I just use the title of my hub each time.

Yep I change the title too, sometimes drastically with another keyword phrase that is related to the first or I just jig it about abit!

18. myownworld profile image74
    myownworldposted 13 years ago

Working for Misha, I realized one thing: the importance of back linking over quantity of hubs - provided they're key word optimized etc. But god, back linking is SUCH back breaking work (even when you're paid to do it!) and requires a good solid number of hours every day just to go through the process, though with practice and organization, you can get better and quicker at it. No denying though, that it's tedious as hell!  So, best of luck to all smile

1. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think it is about QUALITY backlinking that counts best.  Ezine is quality, so is Buzzle (pr6 but dont get paid for this one though sad ) and Squidoo.  I am trying to go for these types of links but are harder to regurge in an article format and link to hp.  I dont know if this comment is helpful to you - I hope so smile

1. Bill Manning profile image68
        Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes I agree that backlinking is lots of work. I could spend a week just signing up to new sites and making mini blogs on places that give you one.

Then for every 3 places you sign up, two will not be what you expected and you find you can't use it! So it's very time consuming. sad

I've given up on Ezine - in fact I've deleted all but one of my articles from there.  Too many people are copying the articles and removing the resource box, so I get no benefit.

2. rmcrayne profile image90
      rmcrayneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mind numbing is the description I use.  smile

19. waynet profile image69

I've based my backlinking decisions on my top 10 landing pages here on hubpages according to my Google Analytics, plus I am aiming to improve the bounce rate on these hubpages by extending the content with new stuff and images and trying to make it so that visitors at least try and stay a little longer.

If I incorporate this into my focused backlinking strategy then I will see measurable improvements over the course of around 6 months or so, even earlier as these are matured hubpages, so on with the show!!!!!

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Count me in. I just need to finish my 30 day challenge (10th July, 7 hubs to go!) and then I'll be at 100.
      Nice round number to sit at while I go back, re-edit, do more keyword research and get some backlinks. smile

That's the way to do it!

I wish I would have stopped at 100 for a few months instead of carrying on creating more hubpages as I would have got the first 100 sorted and optimized properly....!

20. sunforged profile image71
  21. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Just to clarify, my sources were the individual webpages of the search engines.

Of course, this may have changed, however I would like to see a release from the SE in question before I wanted to investigate further!

22. Aficionada profile image79
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Thank you all.

enlightenedsoul - I clicked on the link and oddly it gave me a "no longer exists" message.  However, I searched in the site's search box and found the article.

So, back to Yahoo! Answers:  I'm interested in knowing whether those links really are nofollow or do follow, because I have finally started (tentatively - I tend to be hesitant) answering some questions there and linking to some of my Hubs.  It was definitely within my comfort zone for the whole backlinking business, but I haven't done very much yet. (I had started sharing Hub links with Facebook and decided to backtrack there and not do any more.)

If Y!A is not going to be a good place for links, I won't spend much time there after this.  I haven't joined shetoldme or redgage (?) or stumbleupon.  I was really just starting with what I already have some familiarity with.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

Aficionada, Y!A is still worthwhile if you choose questions that you can answer well, and include a link to a relevant Hub or site.  If you can get voted as best answer, you'll see your Answer coming up in search results (yes, even on Google) and then you'll see real people clicking through.  Those people are usually genuinely interested in your subject so they're good candidates to click on ads, too.

Great!  Thank you so much!

2. profile image0

Sounds like it's an avenue worth pursuing - if nothing else, answering the occasional question on Y!A might provide a bit of light relief to all the conventional backlinking!

3. viryabo profile image96

I go to YA's now and then to answer questions (relevant to my topics of course), but how do i make my signature(as in link) point to my hubs? Can't seem to figure that out.

Just use a standard link ie: http://yadda yadda.com

1. viryabo profile image96

Thanks Waynet smile Will go and try again.

It works a lot better if you can answer a question where your Hub is so relevant, you can paste it into the "sources" section and say something like "...the site below has some good information on this topic".

I actually saw one of Marisa's answers there (Yahoo! Answers) and got inspired by the way it was done. It was totally relevant to the question; the link was posted in the "sources" box with a brief note, just as described here.  It was all very effective, and it told me "You can do this, you really can."  I still haven't done many of these, but I've recently been notified that one answer was chosen as a Best Answer.  Woo-hooo, I'm on my way.

2. viryabo profile image96

Thanks Marissa. smile You are always so helpful.

Is the 'sources' the same as the comment box?

Do i write the comment with an anchor text? Or do i put in my link after the comment with http://.....

Some do have a URL box, but many others don't.

Sorry about the 'rush' of questions, but i need to learn this.

23. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

I'm up for the challenge, will finish my 30 day challenge soon (maybe a couple of days over..) so my plan was to start on the linking (internal as well as external)..
    I have already put myself together a small plan for the coming weeks which includes spending specific days generating links and other days set aside for content, I have decided to get myself organised..

24. profile image0

Note to anyone who was thinking of using propeller.com for backlinking to your hubs: don't.  They've banned the HP domain for spam content.

1. englightenedsoul profile image57
      englightenedsoulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

HP was banned months ago due to spam submission.  I backlink my blog there which points to my hubpage.

25. Eric Calderwood profile image79
    Eric Calderwoodposted 13 years ago

I wish I really knew what you were all talking about.  I read all the replies to try to absorb some knowledge, but can someone give me a simple explanation of what backlinking is?

1. profile image0

To use a simple analogy, it's like setting up arrows in various places on the Internet, which all say "My hub on widget cloning is this way!"  (The "arrow" is the backlink - a hyperlink that links to your hub.)

This has two benefits:

1. actual human beings might visit the site where you've placed the arrow, see your arrow and click on the link pointing to the hub.

2. the arrow site won't be read by actual human beings, but search engines like Google will notice that you've set all these arrows up, which eventually (you hope) will mean that your hub on widget cloning appears at or near the top of the search list when people type "widget cloning" into a search engine search bar.  Because the more arrows you have, the higher your hub will go in the search results.

This is a gross oversimplification and there are people reading this thread who know way more about this subject than I do, who can elaborate/clarify/amend as appropriate.

1. Eric Calderwood profile image79
        Eric Calderwoodposted 13 years agoin reply to this

EmpressFelicity,

Thank you, that helps.

26. Dobson profile image75
    Dobsonposted 13 years ago

Here I come to save the ....Oops, wrong speech. Just kidding folks, i would like to take this chal;lenge as well. I am already in the midst of doing this so it dovetails well with what I already wanted to do.

27. Aficionada profile image79
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

I have just read "The Truth About Backlinks" by thisisoli: http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Truth-About-Backlinks

It is sooooo informative and helpful.  Thanks so much for writing it and sharing it!  I have a couple of comments here, for others and for Oli too.

* It is really very clearly and carefully written, which is great for those of us who are still new at this.  But it also does presuppose a certain basic knowledge of terms.  That's fine, because most people who are ready to learn about or polish up on backlinking would already know a lot of this.  But for the new kids... I wonder if it would be helpful to have and refer to an additional Hub to explain more of the basics (SEO, SERP, etc.)?

* Recently in forums, I have seen some mention of some recent changes (like the way RSS is counted as a link - something I still don't follow, but I have read about it).  I think it would be helpful if Oli's article mentioned somewhere when it was last updated. Just MHO.

* The chart is helpful, but so tiny that I couldn't read all of it.  Could it perhaps be presented in two halves with larger print?

Again, Oli, thanks for writing this and thanks for mentioning it in this appropriate location.

1. thisisoli profile image71

Thanks for the feedback smile

The Hub hasn't been updated in a few months now, but I think most of it should still be relevant, I will check it when I get a few minutes!

If you click the image it gives you a larger version smile

That probably needs updating too, since the backlink estimates change on a regular basis!

2. sunforged profile image71

Both LivewithRichard and I have hubs that are dedicated to simple explaining the terminology used in internet marketing/web developing

My is called "Internet Marketing Lexicon" ..Im not sure of the title of LWR's but it is also an informative read

Thanks, sf!  ...under time constraints right now, so I wasn't able to read it; but I have bookmarked yours for reference.  I think that it will be actually be that - a reference that I use for looking things up from time to time, but not reading at one sitting (too much to absorb at one time).  I haven't yet looked at LWR's, but I will check into that as well.  Helpful links!

28. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 13 years ago

Okay, so I've been really working on my backlinking the last few days...I'm actually seeing traffic increases, but that may just be coincidental.

I need to ask for some advice or opinions on whether or not it's smart to link two hubs to one backlinking post.  Not as a matter of habit...I ask because I was creating a post at Snipsly for my hub on dollhouses, next was to be a backlink post for my hub on castle toys.  As they are similar type toys, I thought I could better write a blurb about both types and insert two links, one for each hub...

Any educated thoughts on this?

29. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 13 years ago

Any experience with wagg.it?  I chose it from ryankett’s hub on dofollows.  I did a search for info on wagg.it.  I too chose this bookmarking site from ryankett's hub on dofollows. 

I joined wagg.it on 29 May 10 and posted 6 of my hubs.  Today when I signed on to post more of my hub links, I found my account, but no evidence that I had ever submitted anything.  I tried to contact someone from the site, but the "contact" link did nothing (stayed on the same page). 

Otherwise, I’m making some progress on backlinking.  I’ve posted all 38 of my June contest hubs on RedGage and SheToldMe, and half of them on Snipsly and Blurpalicious.

30. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 13 years ago

So far so good...yesterday was probably my best Sunday yet with clicks near $9 for the day, half of that from Snipsly!  Also sold 6 Amazon items that totalled about $200!  Usually sunday is the least money making day for me, so this was great to see this morning!

1. gracenotes profile image90
      gracenotesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Way to go, Lilyrose!  I don't think I've ever seen much activity from Snipsly.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)