jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (26 posts)

How many hubs have you written in a day?

1. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I broke my record today - previously I'd written and published 7 hubs in one day (mainly because it was the last day of the thirty day challenge and I couldn't fail a challenge!)

Today I managed to do 8. (Only one on this account, however. And they ranged between 400-750 words.)

So how many hubs have you created in a day?

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image81
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Only managed on one account to pump out 3 Hubs. Currently not been able to do more yet. Also now on some annual leave so between job hunting and some personal items to take care of may get out more than 3.

WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good start. big_smile

Aaaah bedtime here. All that hubbing and sick baby and work tomorrow. Tiiiiiired!

2. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I write max 2 and min 0 hubs in a day

3. profile image0
      Richard Stephenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The most I have written in 1 day was 4 hubs.  I don't think I could do more than that without the quality starting to suffer.

4. Lisa HW profile image82
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

With the kind of Hubs I write, and the fact that I'm not here, trying to make a "real" job out of Hubbing; it takes me an hour and a half, sometimes 2 hours, to come up with a Hub of more words than most people say should be in a Hub (but those Hubs usually work well for me).   Because of the nature of them, though, once I do one I have to wait until until one "strikes me" before I'll write another one.    So, I guess two is the maximum I've done on a day when I'm not working.  Of course, with some of subjects I have and some comments they get, I've been known to spend 2 hours writing  a response.  lol    In other words, hard to measure per-day Hub-time.  If  I just sat here and did Hubs (the kind I write), I'd say 3 "big ones", maybe, and maybe a fourth not-so-big one.  hmm  I've done that kind of thing with a mix of Hubs and other Internet writing.

With non-Hub/standard/500-word, Internet articles (the kind a lot of people post as Hubs here),  I think 4 or 5 a day on a part-time basis.

I must admit that your hubs fall in the range of 'essays' lol!

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

8 is my record too, I have achieved this twice.

Generally though I get tired or disinterested after 4 or 5 in the same day, other days I may start lots of hubs and get halfway through them... only to finish them off another time.

Once I start a hub I have to finish it (unless it is a title only for a later reminder.)

Great. Now I have to do nine to beat you! lol

I had the weekend with no computer though, so that made me want to get back into it flat out!

1. Benjimester profile image91
        Benjimesterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

8 is just unreal.  You guys are the rabbits of the article producing world.  I've done 5 articles in a day before, but that was absolutely pushing it.  My eyes were bloodshot and I was on the edge of a caffeine induced seizure.

3. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

umm, something like 0.05 probably tongue

Haha unless you count ones you get your team of monkeys to write for you? big_smile

lol funny Misha.

I have a few other very slow growth hubs, about 6 Hubs that get a paragraph or two a day, and they are still not yet published.

I have a feeling that Misha doesn't use monkeys anymore, bananas are no longer cost effective. More likely money better spent on generating traffic.

1. profile image0
          ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Banana's are really cheap in the UK, maybe we should hook up for an import-export deal? smile

Even though we grow them in Queensland, you getting yours imported from Thailand as well Ryan??? lol

4. chinweike profile image47
    chinweikeposted 6 years ago

I have managed to dig out four (4) in a day and that was very tough for me.
    Dosing eight is really a milestone i hope to someday achieve that height.

Cheers!

5. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Three, but that was because I plagiarized myself. smile

6. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

somehow if I can manage to write one hub in a day I start singing. lol

7. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

Six. No fun in it really. Proper work.

But as I've been told before ... write like a hobby, earn like a hobby. Write like a business ...

1. profile image0
      Richard Stephenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

frogdropping, I like that proverb.  I will have to keep it in mind when I don't feel like writing.

2. Lisa HW profile image82
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How accurate.   smile   I like (and agree with) this saying.    smile

8. A la carte profile image61
    A la carteposted 6 years ago

I did three once..now it's more like one a week smile

9. Kidgas profile image77
    Kidgasposted 6 years ago

The most I have managed in one day has been 3 to my recollection.  It was on a Saturday and was a day off from work.  Since I work full-time, it is difficult to devote large blocks of time to writing.  Right now, I am taking a break from some tax work that I have been doing.

1. sofs profile image89
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Woo hoo you guys are awesome, I do one in three to four days!!  Sad isn't it!

sad  sad  sad    but I like to work at my pace!  smile

1. saleheensblog profile image60
        saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

don't be sad, i am slower than you. yikes

10. creativeone59 profile image44
    creativeone59posted 6 years ago

I have written 6-7 in a day, but don't do quite that many in a day, anymore. creativeone59

working