I made my first dollar!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 62 discussions (110 posts)
  1. healtheemama profile image61
    healtheemamaposted 12 years ago

Yay!  I've made my first dollar through HubPages!  It's taken about a month to make this milestone amount.  I think most of it is from Google.  I'd love to sell something via Amazon, waiting... 

Have you made money? 

How long has it taken you to make milestone amounts? 

Boy this is fun!  Writing and getting paid for it!  (Even if it is just a dollar.)

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I made my first 92c this month.  I've been at it for more than a year and just recently discovered that although I had set everything up (or so I thought) for some reason it wasn't activated.  Big bummer but I was pleased to see at least the 92 cents right away after I made the activation.

1. capricornrising profile image60
        capricornrisingposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'd be so grateful if you'd let me in on (a) how you found out you weren't activated, and (b) how you corrected it. I'm a little lost! Thanks!

2. Felixedet2000 profile image57
      Felixedet2000posted 12 years agoin reply to this

keep it up, that one dollar will translate into several thousand soon.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image61
      LindaSmith1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Bottom line!  Unless you are lucky, the right person sees your ad, your product, whether it be from Amazon or another company, you are not going to make big bucks overnight.  It may take a month, a year, 5 years or more.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's true that sometimes a totally original and well written hub or article on another site could sit for six months or so until it starts to really earn the favor of the "gods" of Google.

It's also true that a totally original and well written hub could start getting Google traffic in less than a day.

Content is king.

4. THEHuG5 profile image60
      THEHuG5posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats! I just made my 1st nickle today and I was so excited lol.

5. Durant profile image65
      Durantposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good job!

I'm up to $5 now. I've been with HubPages exactly a month today. Just this past week my earnings have jumped up and it's about .50 cents per day.

6. yols-a profile image58
      yols-aposted 12 years agoin reply to this

hi i tried sigining of to the hubpages joined 9 days ago it's problems but google ad sense is active

7. msshandriaball profile image76
      msshandriaballposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have earned $7 in 5 weeks.l have written 31 hubs and hope to make it to at least a dollar a day.I am currently working on my writing skills and writing evergreen topics.Hope to see a increase in traffic

8. StephanieBCrosby profile image81
      StephanieBCrosbyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was happy that this month I finally made a dollar in one month, and the pennies are still coming in for this month.

I have been writing for HubPages for 7 months now. Here's the breakdown of my earnings so far:

Last 5 days of April: .01
      May:    0.81
      June:  0.89
      July:    0.49
      Aug.:   0.38
      Sept.:  0.55
      Oct.:    0.93
      Nov.:   1.03 so far

My grand total is $5.09. I can definitely see how people can make money if they publish a lot. When I get more time, that is what I hope to do.

9. profile image0
      twodawgsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I earned 2 cents on day 2 after publishing my first hub, and you would think it was $2 million from the way I carried on about it!  <chuckle>

But since I haven't been able to devote a lot of time to writing and promoting hubs, my earnings were pretty stagnant the first 3 months.  It took all of that to make my first dollar.

I was averaging 31 cents a month, but this month (month 5), I started doing more to promote my hubs, and that has made a huge difference.  I just turned in my first $1 month for November, and we're still not quite done for the month.

I know it will take some work to keep building on it, but these are very encouraging results!

10. greatparenting profile image60
      greatparentingposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Made my first dollar in about a month. At that rate, I'll be very rich in about 450 years. But, hey, I'm having fun and that should count for something!

11. KBEvolve profile image67
      KBEvolveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats.

Every milestone achieved just encourages you to push that much harder.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Congrats!

It's a start. It took me about a month or two to make my first complete dollar.

Good luck going forward. smile

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

It took me over a year to get my first $100.00 Adsense check.

It took me longer still to sell a single thing on Amazon.com.  At one point I was so discouraged with Amazon that I deleted all Amazon capsules from my hubs...that was stupid.  I kept hearing folks who I know to be successful here talking about how under rated Amazon was as an affiliate...and so I put Amazon capsules back onto my hubs.

Last Month....I sold twelve items on Amazon - my best month ever, by far.

This IS fun, and as long as you aren't depending on article marketing to make ends meet - it can be tremendous fun.

Congratulations on your first signs of success!

healtheemamaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats on last month! 

Yes, it is frustrating with Amazon (from what I've read) but I guess you're right.  Just keep plugging along and soon something will sell. 

Yes, and keeping it all in perspective.  This is supplemental income for me (my whole dollar!!).  So whatever I earn is just icing.  Hopefully it will turn into more though. 

Thanks so much!

4. healtheemama profile image61

Thanks guys!  I'm excited to write more hubs and read all of yours.  smile

5. gabgirl12 profile image61
    gabgirl12posted 12 years ago

The more hubs you make, the more hubs you stand to earn. I haven't reach my dollar yet. But then its only recently my creative juices started flowing.

6. katrinaB profile image57
    katrinaBposted 12 years ago

hey im new i keep trying to make a hub but it keeps saying that something is rong with my adress HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry.  I don't know how to help.  Maybe there is another forum with more experienced hubbers who can help.  Good luck!

7. katrinaB profile image57

hey im new i keep trying to make a hub but it keeps saying that something is rong with my adress HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. katrinaB profile image57

9. katrinaB profile image57

10. katrinaB profile image57

11. katrinaB profile image57

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

oh my....big_smile

12. katrinaB profile image57

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There is a delete button on your forum posts (bottom right) if you are quick you can delete the multiples.

On the create a hub page, wipe out what you tried, and this time only put in your title in the top box where it asks for it, and the address will autofill below.

If the error message is the box turning red, it means someone else has already used that exact url, just go back and change the title slightly and the url will change too automatically.

Then you should be good to go.

This is the wrong place for your query, but I am answering in the hope you get this answer by email.

You should have started a new thread.

I don't see the delete button...must not have been quick enough.

1. IzzyM profile image87

The one is still there on the post I made - delete is to the far right of the bottom of the post.

This is also an edit button, so if you notice a spelling error or something you can go back and correct it.

13. Beth Pipe profile image71
    Beth Pipeposted 12 years ago

I'm in my second month and have made a few dollars now but I'm working hard on creating new hubs as well as getting to grips with keywords and SEOs.  I only have Amazon on one hub just now, maybe I'll try it on a few others.

Tons of luck!

Good job Beth!  Sounds like you're on the right path!  smile

14. rob bell photo profile image60
    rob bell photoposted 12 years ago

I can't wait to get to the dollar mark I've been on it about 5 days and I've made 20 cents lol, I had to tell everyone when I'd earnt  2 cents I couldn't believe I was being paid to write

Well Rob, 20 cents if 5 days sounds awesome!  Every day I tell my husband what I've earned.  At first he was rolling his eyes, but now he's excited that I've made a dollar!  He even jokes that I'll be paying for our next trip to Disneyland with my Hubpages income.  smile 

Keep up the good work!

15. healtheemama profile image61

Awesome guys!  Keep writing, right?  Yes, I've read that it's good to go back to that first article and keep improving on it.  That will help with the SEO too. 

Guess what?  I just checked Amazon & I sold something yesterday!  Have no idea what it was or how much.  I'm still learning how to read all the reports.  But I'm so super excited! 

Yay!  We rock!!  Keep up the good work and it will "Pay" off right?  smile

1. profile image0
      Arlene V. Pomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU, CONGRATULATIONS TO YOOOOOOU!!!  Awesome!  My first month, I made all of 6 cents.  But it gets BETTER!  Keep up the good work, healtheemama!  Write, write, write away!

Thanks so much Arlene!  Love the song too!! smile 
        Happy Thanksgiving!

16. stuff4you profile image57
    stuff4youposted 12 years ago

I hope that you don't make the mistake of getting a sore arm patting yourself on the back with tiny bits of earnings...
    I don't mean to sound rude but since making money online is kind of amazing when you're new to it, its possible to get too excited from such little things.
    I'm speaking from my own experience, I'm not passing judgment.

1. gabgirl12 profile image61
      gabgirl12posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm thankful because these little earning add up. You have to start somewhere. I started months ago. But, for the most part it was just reading and getting to know how 'making money' online works. It does, but it takes effort. There is nothing like the fruits of your first labor though. Especially when its something you like to do, even if its just a few pennies. I'm grateful.

2. healtheemama profile image61

Thank you Stuff4You.  I really appreciate your wake-up call.  Yes, it's only a dollar.  However I make my living off making money online and have been for many years.  I'm just excited that this new stream of income is actually producing something- no matter how small. 

We're just celebrating the small things.  Gabgirl - yes, they do add up.  And we have to start somewhere. 

So congratulations everyone for every little cent you've made! 

I'm so grateful to live in an age where I can make money online as well as in more traditional ways. We are so blessed!

17. Blond Logic profile image92
    Blond Logicposted 12 years ago

Today I am poised at 99 cents. Tomorrow, I am hopeful it will turn to ....$1. or maybe $1.05. I set myself small targets and am glad when I hit them. Keep writing, good luck, and I can't wait to see you write. "I just made my first $100" or more.

Congrats!  It'll turn into $1 soon! 

Yes, I hope to see all of us on the "first $100" soon too.

Thanks for making me smile

18. crankalicious profile image87
    crankaliciousposted 12 years ago

Keep the faith. If you write well-written hubs on diverse, searched topics, things will improve. Here's my history of earnings:

Month 1: .96
    Month 2: 6.29
    Month 3: 5.38
    Month 4: 2.84
    Month 5: 3.22
    Month 6: 6.85
    Month 7: 56.23 (subdomains implemented)
    Month 8: 80.00 (approximation)

I had the unfortunate experience of joining right after the Panda update and had to endure for awhile until subdomains hit, but as you can see, things are working out.

Wow!  Way to go!  Thank you for sharing your earnings and advice.  Keep up the great work!

2. chicagoguy profile image62
      chicagoguyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

what you mean by subdomains !! can you elaborate please

1. IzzyM profile image87

No-on seems to have replied, but Hubpages was hit badly by Google Panda when it was implemented in February of this year.

Everybody on here was lost money as Hubpages lost Google rankings.

Then round about July, HP introduced subdomains. It worked for many, and Hubpages as a site is on its way back up again.

All new members joining have their own subdomain too, so you are chicagoguy.hubpages.com and not hubpages.com/user/chicagoguy.

If that helps... there are re-directs in place, you are both.

19. nina64 profile image68
    nina64posted 12 years ago

I was shocked to see that I made .05 on yesterday morning. Today, that amount increased to .14. I'm somewhat surprised that I made anything at all!!!! I think that this whole hubbing thing is a great tool for anyone to improve their writing skills; which is what I'm trying to do. If I make something, fine. If I don't, I'm ok with that too.

I'm love reading all the different hubs on the various subjects. They are quite interesting. However, I find myself getting frustrated because of the terminology and instructions. But I'm going to keep at it. Who knows what may come of this.

Awesome nina64!  There is some really great stuff here on HP huh?  Thanks for your comments.

20. melpor profile image91
    melporposted 12 years ago

Keep going. It took me about a year to make my first $100 and less time to make my second payout. Right now I am waiting for my third payout in December. Just be patient, those cents and dollars will add up gradually for your first payout.

Thanks melpor.  Hope your 3rd payout comes quickly!  smile 

I'm not expecting much in the beginning.  Just writing and publishing.  It's fun and exciting to make money this way.  Thanks for your comments and advice.

21. rob bell photo profile image60

Crankalicious that's quite a jump on month 7 how do you use sub domains on a hub? Do you have a hub on this?

1. IzzyM profile image87

Subdomains were brought in by HP for the first time in July/August of this year. You are already on one.

22. tnvrstar profile image65
    tnvrstarposted 12 years ago

Congrats smile I am waiting for my 50+ dollars payment from Hp ad program.

Thanks so much!  Congrats to you!!

23. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Hey listen folks, it's a whole new ball game.

Old timers had to wait 6 months or more for their first adsense payout, because adsense pays by the click, and only something like 2 people per 100 viewers will click an ad.

Now, with the NEW Hubads, and the NEW subdomains, everything is paid per impression as opposed to clicks.

The more visitors you bring to your hubs, the more money you will make.

This is YOUR push, write stuff people want to read, and yes you will make money right from day 1 on here.

It's fabulous, and a great opportunity, but the most important thing is that you write good content.

24. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Good opportunity to state what is quality.

Aim for at least 1200 words. Include relevant photos and videos. Check your grammar. Write well. Write sensible stuff. Include links out to authority sites to back up what you wrote.

Don't look at my stuff for examples. I plunged shortly after the subdomains came in.

Great advice IzzyM.  Thanks so much!

2. gramarye profile image60
      gramaryeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Izzy - In Aust we have to wait until $150 to get a payout. I calculated another 2 months - then my post Panda plunge and I'm still waiting!

I love your positive attitude on this forum despite your own plunge, so just wanted to let you know you have company... although I have had 50 visits today, up 100% on yesterday so that is the first glimmer of hope :-)

1. IzzyM profile image87

Nice to hear from you again Gramarye, and sorry to see that you are another plunger. There are quite a lot of us in this boat.

I am assuming we have been google slapped and that doesn't last forever, apparently.

Meanwhile, I started a new subdomain 10 weeks ago which now has 52 hubs.

In the first couple of weeks it earned .56 cents.

October it earned 2.77

November so afar it has earned around 6 USD, so it is possible to start again and earn, but annoying that I have to when I have already put so much work into this subdomain.

And especially annoying at this time of the year to have lost most of my income, but at least I am not alone.

Its an exchange rate thing the 150 AU dollars. Obviously an AU dollar is worth less than a US dollar, and your clicks come in in AU dollars, just like mine come in euros which are more valuable than dollars so my payout comes at €70.

I know you know that but there may be people reading here and not understanding.

I've just reached my second payout (and probably my final payout) from Amazon. I thought I would have got there months ago but then Panda came along.

I set my payout to $1000 so a nice check to look forward to smile

25. InTuneWithCooking profile image77
    InTuneWithCookingposted 12 years ago

I got to 77 cents today. (18 cents for part of last month when I joined) So I'm stoked, especially that people are actually reading my stuff. Got to start somewhere.
    big_smile

That's cool!  Yay!  Sounds about like me...we must have started around the same time.  Keep it up!!

26. AllieRambles profile image59
    AllieRamblesposted 12 years ago

That is awesome!  I am finding the more active I am here the more I make, even though it seems to be only pennies right now.  I did join over a year ago but left HP alone for a long time.  I came back just a week or two ago and I am loving it!

I am still confused to what is a subdomain???  And why do you earn more because of them?

~Allie

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
      mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't worry about it Allie, essentially your hubs and you as an author, are now a website in their own right. This helps separate you from the other writers here on HP, therefore if your content is good, you will do well and not be as likely to be dragged down by the poor writers content on HP. Of course the same applies in reverse, so the poor writers lose out and cannot cash in on the good writers success as easily. Google now largely views you as independent (although not totally), so you are definitely at an advantage if you write on a niche topic and 'behave' within Google TOS. You won't need to do anything, you are already on a subdomain as the date for conversion has long since passed.

27. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

I make about two bucks per day here on average.....

I'm going to increase that several hundred percent though.  It's the best site on the net that I know of for someone like me.

28. fastfreta profile image75
    fastfretaposted 12 years ago

I've been here 2 and a half years, and I've made payout from Adsense twice, and Amazon once.  Now with the new HP program I'm set to make payout once a month. For the life of me I don't know why, I don't write hubs that I consider commercial. I've actually just begun to see more Google hits. I'm floored that people are interested in what I write.  I am not a writer in the truest sense of the word, but someone out there reads my stuff. So thank goodness for HubPages, were it not for them, I'd never know that I could earn money doing this, or even know I could do this, (write). So thank you HubPages, and all the people out there that read my "stuff." smile smile

Oh, that's not the subject, or is it. big_smile  Anyway, congrats to all who are making money on the site, and keep plugging along, more to come.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, I think you're pretty good!!!

I like that monthly $50!!!  I'm glad you're getting it too!  Very much deserved it is!

29. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 12 years ago

Allie, It is like you having one main website, and that website gets all the credit.  In order to break away from it, take you site pages, and turn them into separate sites under the original domain name but give them subdomain names.  This way, they are with your primary domain, yet separate. and can stand on their own merit.

30. nicregi profile image65
    nicregiposted 12 years ago

Congrates! I got my first dollar I think on my 2nd month here. Now, getting a nice few bucks from HubPages earning program and at times Adsense (not calculting adsense into the earning). Not bad at all.

Writing is great and having people reading it, it much more fruitful and felt so good.

31. bangingbeauty profile image56
    bangingbeautyposted 12 years ago

Congrats on your first dollar! I took about 3 weeks to make my first dollar on HP, pretty much the same time as you.

32. learner365 profile image71
    learner365posted 12 years ago

Congratulations.May you earn and celebrate like this more and more smile

33. dilipchandra12 profile image65
    dilipchandra12posted 12 years ago

Congrats!!! I wish you all the best smile

34. healtheemama profile image61

Thanks everyone!  Happy Thanksgiving!  I'm grateful for this wonderful community and a way to make a little extra cash.  Thank you friends!

May you all prosper this season!

35. rob bell photo profile image60

Happy thanksgiving, hope your all having fun writing. I've taken the day off to research all the CEO's, Impressions and what not. All I've done is make my head hurt smile on the plus side my earnings are now at 30 cents and the little score next to my name has gone up to 83! Keep writing guys its all good stuff.

36. LindaSmith1 profile image61

I just checked a spot where I post, not as often anymore. I don't get any adsense earnings.  I don't get any affilaite sales earnings since we cannot self promote.  But for this month I have earned over $4 for doing absolutely nothing, which means I didn't publish one article this month on that particular site.

On that same site, I published 6 articles.  I have earned almost $10 for October and November, which is more than I have earned from here since I pubished my first hub in August.. Now just waiting for my deleted hubs to be finally deleted so I can publish them where I can make some money from them.

I have made a total  ONE PENNY here from Adsense.

1. nicregi profile image65
      nicregiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi LindaSmith1,

I read your reply and I believe I got to reply to you this before it is too late.

Once you published an article on the internet regardless is HP or other website, deleting it and republishing it might be flagged as duplicate.

This is because once it goes live on the net, Google will keep a cache or some sort where it will forever be on the net (or at least for some time). Just a heads up.

Self experienced it before.

37. louiseelcross profile image89
    louiseelcrossposted 12 years ago

Sounds like an interesting site lindasmith1. where is it?

38. DIYweddingplanner profile image76
    DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years ago

Congratulations, that's awesome!  I wish you many more!

39. LindaSmith1 profile image61

It takes awhile to be deindexed by Google.  But, if i find it, once HP finally deletes the URL, I can republish on several sites such as Infobarrel, Ezine Aritcles which allow republished articles.  Some, I am putting on my own sites and blogs. Others, I am going to rewrite.

In HubPages, it takes fastest is 2 hours and within a day or so it will be indexed by Google. Something HP is great in.

However, what I am saying if you are completely copy-paste, that will be an issue. If rewriting....who doesn't? smile

40. NiaG profile image83
    NiaGposted 12 years ago

Such an encouraging Forum. I hope to get 3 dollars by the end of the month. I'm at 2.80 right now! It is exciting to see the money tally.

Yay! Good for you and certainly good luck! Don't give up smile

2. healtheemama profile image61

That's great!  Keep up the good work!!

41. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Louise:  I sent you message with answer.
    Nicregi:  There are sites that let you republish regardless, others let you republish once deleted from other location.  Nothing will stop me from putting them on my sites or blogs, because I control them.  I cancelled my adsense on all of my sites and blogs. I don't want Adsense on my stuff.

LindaSmith1,

Actually I am not talking about ads at all. I believe I know which site you write in and yes, some sites allow rewriting and that is fine. What I am saying is that if you are doing it on your own blog or website (too much), and that site will be moved into 'sandbox'.

Deadlink yes but Google has a cache copy of it. Also, there are some sort of algorithm when comes to duplicate content. Some sites goes with 30% and I know some sites that goes as low as 15%.

Nonetheless, it is really up to you. I am just giving my advise and good luck.

42. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Once HP deletes the URL, it is a dead link.  The content will not be visible anywhere.

43. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Then, all I have to do is change the title.

44. dumindu89 profile image63
    dumindu89posted 12 years ago

Congratulations mate. Even I couldn't to get the Adsense approval yet. So you are lucky to earn with Adsense.

Thanks my friend!  Good luck to you!

45. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 12 years ago

I am up to $10.55  this month think I earned about $12 last month !! Wont give up the day job yet lol!!

So far Total

$68.33  in 18 months !

That's awesome!  You've passed the $50 milestone too!  Yep, hang on to the day job for a few more months.  LOL.  I've still got mine!  wink

46. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Is that all?

47. TheMagician profile image86
    TheMagicianposted 12 years ago

I joined in July of last year and put up 5 articles, but stopped writing and left when I was discouraged by not earning a penny. I recently returned this month (i think on the 11th) and decided to give it a go. The first day back I earned .01, the next day .15, and the next day .18.

Since then, I've upped my articles from 5 to 20, and now see about .20 to .50 per day. I'm really stoked! I'm up to $4.18 so far big_smile

I'm so glad you came back to give it another try!  Congrats!  You're movin' on up!

48. magodis profile image64
    magodisposted 12 years ago

Hey guys! I thought I was the worst. Now Im happy Im not alone. for about three months I have 0.46. So Im happy with that. My Adsense account says it is 11.
    One day i will have a cheque. smile
    Best wishes for all!

49. xeroerror profile image61
    xeroerrorposted 12 years ago

Congratulation for your first dollar. Hub pages are great way to earn money.My score has risen to 58 within 4 days with three hubs.I am just four days old to the hub pages.People are commenting and liking the hubs much more than i ever thought

50. Clayton Fernandes profile image79
    Clayton Fernandesposted 12 years ago

haha congratz!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)