1649 total views in just 4 days

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (75 posts)
  1. Bard of Ely profile image78
    Bard of Elyposted 12 years ago

I am pleased to announce for a recent hub! That is the sort of traffic I like to see!

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats! smile

2. profile image0
      Daniella Lopezposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats! That is a very lovely number to see! Keep up the great work! big_smile

2. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Cool Bard!  My traffic has quadrupled so far today from it's normal plunge numbers.  The first spike since Aug. 10.  Perhaps I'm finally out of the sandbox but I'm holding my breath for now!  smile

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

God, that would be good to hear, Randy.  Let us know if it continues?

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It gives me hope, Wilderness!  I hope it keeps going up at the present rate.  It is now at 6 times my normal--since the plunge--traffic and it's mostly from Google.com as it used to be.  I'd hoped Izzy's traffic was doing the same. smile

1. IzzyM profile image88
          IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's not.

Got that out of the way, I want to take Bard of Ely by the throat.

Not for getting traffic, but for telling people about it..

One thing I did realise here early on in my earlier successful hubbing life is that you never report what hub is doing well.

Never ever, let people guess, going by your 'hot hubs', they'll get it wrong anyway.

1. Pcunix profile image91
            Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

C'mon. HP puts your "hot" hubs right on your profile page.  Sure, it's relative, but it certainly tells you where to look.

1. IzzyM profile image88

They don't always get the order right.

What you night assume is someone else's 'hot hub' is not necessarily so.

You know, I want to believe in the tooth fairy too! I want us all to get a shot at good stuff.

But I also know that HP is full of content thieves, and we never show our cards to them.

Dang Izzy!  Since we both plunged at the same time I hoped you would get a break too!  But who knows, mine may just be a temporary spike.  Don't give up hope though, I can say I know how you feel smile

1. IzzyM profile image88

You're on the rise again? I am the only (original) plunger left?

Well, I could walk away, or I could be iconic among plungers. Decisions decisions!

Just started this morning, Izzy!  Hang in there! smile

1. IzzyM profile image88

Hey congrats, forgot my manners there for a mo'!

No problem, Izzy!  I'm pullin' for you!  smile

2. wilderness profile image95

Randy, that's where I settled out - 6X normal - and stayed there with a very gradual climb for quite some time.  Then suddenly jumped another 50% or so, where it has again stabilized.

Sure hope it does the same for you!

I just checked and my traffic is almost 10 time normal now.  My account page looks like a Christmas tree covered in red lights with all of the double red triangles now showing.  I don't think tinkering has done the trick though, just big G giving me a gulp of air again.

I hope it holds up but not depending on it!  smile

1. profile image0
              SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am glad your traffic picked up.

Thanks Dent!  I do appreciate it! smile

I sure hope it continues!  Your reports here are making my day - I've waited a long time to hear that news from you (I reckon you know how long it has been!).  Now if Izzy can just join you.

Me too, wilderness!  And I also hope Izzy catches a break soon.  I know how hard it is to remain optimistic when your traffic suddenly disappears.  Keeping my fingers crossed for her and hope my luck continues too. smile

3. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Congrats! Nice traffic for 4 days.

4. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

Let me guess:  it's the teleportation to Mars, right?

That would make sense.. in a really disturbing sort of way.

5. Bard of Ely profile image78

Thanks for your posts Randy, Cagsil and Pcunix! Promoting threads isn't allowed as far as I know so I can't say but you are on the right track!

I am saddened to hear that, honestly.  Good for you, of course, but sad that the subject itself attracts interest.

Have a bad Mars teleportation trip one time, didja PC?  lol

No, but maybe I shouldn't have just said no all those times.,

We all give in to the temptation eventually!  You know Men Are From Mars......big_smile

6. carol3san profile image60
    carol3sanposted 12 years ago

Nice going Brad, just keep on doing what you atre doing.  You could be making a mint soon.

7. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

You better be careful Bard; that's how hubs get pilfered...roll

8. whoisbid profile image60
    whoisbidposted 12 years ago

Well done. It is a good feeling when that happens

9. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Thanks guys, I needed that. I needed a lift, but you know a kick up the backside would have done the same (I think).

PCUnix, of course I did excessive backlinking. Took me quadruple the work of the average hubber, and no I never saw any benefit.
    Had to try though!

None are causing me damage today though, because all the links I created have disappeared.

@Wilderness. maybe I'm not funny enough?

1. Rising Caren profile image79
      Rising Carenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe it's because they disappeared that your traffic has plunged.

1. IzzyM profile image88

Don't even go there.

You want to go there?

SO I put up links with redgage, shetoldme, etc.

They are not worth a monkey's fuck, but took me a lot of time to put them there.

S'ok lesson learned.

I was just making a comment about how if you had something and you were getting traffic and now they're gone and you're not getting traffic, then MAYBE that could be correlated. No need to get snippy. It's not like I could know what kind of links you put up. Also, redgage and shetoldme aren't that great. You should see which hubs you could possibly backlink from more authoritative sources.

Personally, I don't even believe in backlinks. I get the same results with or without them.

I still retain my previous suggestion of making a second account, putting some hubs there and doing what you normally would do on your account, and seeing if google still dislikes you on it. If it does, then there's something about your writing that google doesn't like. If it doesn't, then google has put some kind of penalty on your HP subdomain.

It's also been suggested to me on other sites that linking to authority sites might help, because google might treat them as giving references.

2. Pcunix profile image91

But Google may  remember your sins?

I don't know.. I'm grasping.

10. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I'm sure you and me could have a serious conversation if you said who you were.
    This a secondary name, on a secondary account of a well-known hubber. But I don't know who LOL

Since I was the last person to reply to you, I'm guessing this is meant towards me? It's hard to tell since you didn't say who you were talking about.

While this isn't my first account, this is my primary and my older secondary accounts are by no means well-known.

If this was meant to someone else, discard the above statement big_smile

11. iviskei profile image71
    iviskeiposted 12 years ago

Congratz! I aim to write a hub that gets traffic like that. Thank you for being my hero. xD

12. Rising Caren profile image79
    Rising Carenposted 12 years ago

Izzy, why don't you tell us one of your hubs that used to have traffic but is now being ignored by google (in the Extreme Hub Makeover forum) so fellow hubbers can take more detailed guesses to Google's meanness. With over 500 hubs, it's hard to analyze why google dislikes you and it'd be easier if you gave some examples of those that plunged.

1. IzzyM profile image88

There are too many to list! I now have over 400 inactive hubs, whereas before all this kerfufle began, I maybe had 100 or less totally useless hubs.

I can't even remember which hubs might have been in that original 100, but I am pretty sure  1 or 2 of them are seeing traffic today.

I got new traffic this Christmas; I'm sure I posted.

I just wanted someone to tell me why my subdomain collapsed. It can't be that hard a question!

No-one seems to know.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
        Jean Bakulaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Izzy,
        I'm sorry you are having a hard time. It's been a roller coaster for me, as I came aboard last November, and then we got the big Google slap in the  Spring of 2011. For those of us that began then, we don't have much to compare with. My traffic always sucked, and it finally got good in Sept, when everyone said they had a big plunge. I see very little good in backlinking, perhaps I'm using the wrong sources, but it's alot of work, and many sites don't allow much room on their articles for anyone to even respond.  I am at the point where I want to write on another site besides my blog, but my niche is Metaphysics, and although I have a great audience of people I really enjoy here, other sites for writers have one "New Age" catagory. It's not "New Age" the Babylonians used Astrology. It's all ancient wisdom being rediscovered because it's time. So I don't know what my niche will be. I tried book reviews, but publishers spend tons of money on Stephen King and the like, and Amazon has a good and critical review of every book, so they don't need me. I'll ponder. I hope your traffic comes back Izzy.

13. phillippeengel profile image81
    phillippeengelposted 12 years ago

I think the traffic to my Hubs are clogged. Well, unless if your articles are controversial or really really sublime, no one would have the attention to read those blocks of text. To achieve that takes a lot of tenacity indeed.

Who are you replying too?

14. Bard of Ely profile image78

Gosh - this hub has had a lot of posts over night so thank you, everyone!
    Rising Caren, just wanted to say I agree with you on this: "Also, redgage and shetoldme aren't that great." They are 2 sites I have found are a waste of time using as far as I can tell but that happens so frequently that a lot of people rave about how great some site is and I try it and don't find it that way at all and end up hardly bothering. I often wonder how people are so successful at these sites (including this one!). 'Poor me' syndrome can kick in! Sometimes I think I just don't understand this making money on the Internet thing at all and don't have the knack because I never make much and since the changes this year my earnings have dropped down a lot. I keep at it because I need whatever I can get though and am an optimist at heart! I have just done 30 hubs in 30 days again in an effort to boost my traffic and income!

I tried Reddit, and it was an immature group of people who seemed mostly to want to insult each other. I began a thread about it, and some thought I was being touchy, but when they tried, found the same. I think  people exaggerate. I was different when they could write one article and post the it on five sites. It's much harder now.

Sorry, that didn't come out right! It was different when they could write one article and post it on five sites.

2. Bard of Ely profile image78
        Bard of Elyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I had both good and bad at reddit! I had a hub featured somehow (someone mailed me to tell me) and also got stopped from sharing there for some reason! I don't know what my current status is because I haven't been back! I don't understand the place and haven't time for figuring it out or joining the club there!
        Thank you, Daniella and Rosie!

15. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

That's wonderful, Bard of Ely!  Here's to more traffic to come... Cheers!

16. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

Congrats Bard!!!!!!

and to Randy Godwin I hope your views will rise steadily...Good news!!

Likewise, I hope G will shower Izzys hubs with views again!!!!

1. IzzyM profile image88

Aww thanks hun!

I reckon that 2 days surge I got in early September will have knocked me back a month, so probably after Christmas I will get some traffic back, hopefully, even if the timing is poor.

Thanks PDH!  The support and well wishes of so many hubbers makes me feel good, whether the rise in traffic is here to stay or not.  Now if we can get Izzy's stuff moving everything will be okay!  smile

1. IzzyM profile image88

Hey I had lots of email from folks thinking up stuff to help. Thanks all for taking the time out to look at my problem smile

Glad to hear it is still going well for you Randy!

But then, we had a few more hubbers plunge round about the 6th of December, so all is not well yet.

Then we have that SOPA Bill to fight that could get HP closed down. So get ovwer there and vote or whatever it is we have to do.

http://blog.hubpages.com/2011/11/internet-blacklisting/

1. rmcrayne profile image89
          rmcrayneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Interesting, because my earnings increased starting about Dec 4.  Since then, my HP Ads earnings have increased ~$3.60/day average for the last 12 days vs the 12 days previous to that.

1. IzzyM profile image88

Was it a big rise? Like a surge rise? I'm thinking at this time of the year we should all be seeing some kind of rise in traffic as the whole Christmas business swings into gear.

1. rmcrayne profile image89
              rmcrayneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Could be Xmas.  Last year I recall lots of hubbers reporting that Christmas is a low traffic/earnings time.  Guess they had no Amazon or Xmas hubs.  My earnings last Dec were definitely higher than Nov and Jan.  Maybe it means nothing, but when you posted the date 6 Dec, it got my attention because that's when my earnings went up, with traffic about the same. So I thought I would respond, for what it's worth, which may be nothing.  My 12 day average on HP Ads for 4-15 Dec is about $3.60 per day higher than my 22 Nov-3 Dec daily average.

HA!  That Google is such a funny guy!  He gave me a 2 day return to my previous traffic just to show me how much money I've been losing since my Aug. 10 plunge and then ZAPPO, right back to the bottom again.  What a nut!  Pour me a double shot of tequila and hold the salt and lime, Izzy!  lol

1. IzzyM profile image88

Awwww no!!

Your traffic has plunged again? Oh I am so sorry Randy!!

They did that to me early September, remember? Two days of high traffic then zilch.

And I'm still steady.  Small, but steady.

Yep, 2 days of a return to formally normal traffic and then the slow, agonizing, twist of the knife followed by a dash of salt directly into the open wound.  lol

17. Bard of Ely profile image78

Good luck, Izzy!

1. IzzyM profile image88

Thanks, Bard. I just re-read this thread and realised I failed to congratulate neither you nor Randy. WTG the pair of you!
      And also to apologise to Rising Caren, as she said I sounded snippy in one of my replies, and I didn't mean to be.
      And I've just had another huge fight with my bank, and have not only hubbed about them, but written out a 3 page letter of complaint to their HQ which I am about to fire off by email.
      Those are things I should be mad at not, not HP or Google or whatever.

So congratulations all of your who are seeing decent traffic, and long may it continue smile

BTW, someone emailed me and suggested the problem might be lack of photo credits, as I only recently started adding them in (like I should have done all along).

Anyone else with a large number of hubs that have photos without credits?

PS: and to wilderness - I unpublished about 20 hubs weeks ago, but still traffic hasn't come back.

Hmm.. Do we need to credit our own photos?  I never thought about that..

I knew you had deleted a bunch, Izzy.  The only reason I mentioned it was because the one was getting traffic, but bad traffic in that it didn't stick around at all - the title was not indicative of what they thought the hub was about.    Just trying to feed in any data I can come up with as I have no ideas to offer.

1. yols-a profile image58
          yols-aposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey i joined a month ago and alot of the stuff you speak of I'm not aware but can you tell me what your traffic was like in a day, before the plunge and now it has picked up.Oh by that's if you want to thanks

1. IzzyM profile image88

OK, I used to get over 4000 views a day and now I get 1000.

1. yols-a profile image58
              yols-aposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So did your earnings take a dive or it worked out still as others have explained. Don't need to know how much you earn.

1. IzzyM profile image88

Did my earnings take a dive when my traffic collapsed? Hmmm...difficult question!

18. Aficionada profile image79
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

Izzy, every time I see your name next to this thread's title, I'm hoping you are here to report a glimmer of hope for your traffic.  You will let us know, won't you, if there's any positive change at all?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)