I got my first creepy fan letter!

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Nicole Winter profile image59
    Nicole Winterposted 15 years ago

Hah!  I guess I'm really on my way, I got my first creepy fan letter.  I always *love* getting fan mail, but this one takes the cake.  It's from a new Hubber who hasn't written any hubs yet.  Too funny.

--- Nicole A. Winter

P.S. My roommate came home last night and mentioned to me that she would have to buy me a new keyboard, right off the bat.  I was appreciative of her good roommate - i - ness.

1. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Man you're lucky!!! I wish someone would send me a creepy fan letter!

1. profile image0
        C. C. Riterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Poppa, if I were creepy, I might consider sending you a creepy fan mail, someone creepy send him some. Pest?

2. sixtyorso profile image70
    sixtyorsoposted 15 years ago

Hi Nicole that kind of behaviour is not in the spirit of hub pages or most the hubbers here.
    I would suggest you pass the name on to hub pages management to get rid of this sort of scourge or publicise it to embarass the clown!

3. Nicole Winter profile image59

Awww... I thought about publishing it along with my post, but since s/he, it, seems so sincere, I thought it'd be mean.  Basically it was a pick-up letter, so I'm guessing the author of such letter was a guy.  I mean, you have to give him credit for trying, right? 

--- Nicole A. Winter

4. sixtyorso profile image70
    sixtyorsoposted 15 years ago

Maybe. You have a generous soul Nicole (poetry?).

1. Ardie profile image81
      Ardieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sixtyorso,
      Your poetry is beautiful smile  And I agree with you, Ms Nicole must have a generous soul.  I always jump on a good opportunity to humiliate someone else.  Nah, I am just kidding...maybe.

5. LegendaryN8 profile image60
    LegendaryN8posted 15 years ago

Wait a second - this person tried to hit on you with your avatar being a koala?

Maybe he really likes koalas...

6. charlemont profile image75
    charlemontposted 15 years ago

He didn't ask for hot picks, did he? big_smile
    I'm getting such fanmails from time to time, though never reply.

7. Cris A profile image59
    Cris Aposted 15 years ago

I would just like to share. Mine are not exactly fan mails, but they are from fellow hubbers who wish to thank me for the comments I made to their hubs. And some ask for tips and advices.on hubbing big_smile

8. Ardie profile image81
    Ardieposted 15 years ago

Hi Cris

I am waiting for the day I get creepy fan mail!  Like you, I've only gotten nice emails from other Hubbers - which isn't so bad either wink

1. Cris A profile image59
      Cris Aposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hey Ardie,
      I could write you one - only you'd know it's me. But you can pretend! LOL big_smile

1. Ardie profile image81
        Ardieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ha!  Thanks for the offer.  But I prefer to think of you as the sweet poetry guy with the cool avatars  cool

1. Cris A profile image59
          Cris Aposted 15 years agoin reply to this

But in case you change your mind, just give me a holler...probably on Halloween? LOL

9. Nicole Winter profile image59

Let me pull out my Pure Pwnage handbook for a moment here... Ah, yes, I think the correct term is LOLZ  ... lolz, lolz, lolz, everyone... (if you haven't seen Pure Pwnage, here's the link:)

http://www.purepwnage.com/

Very funny, everyone...

I suppose I am generous, but I've been known back in the day of singlehood and probably closer to high school to write a love letter here or there, unrequited and unrequested.  They've been shared a couple of times and that hurt worse than knowing the object of my affections rejected me.  Maybe he does think Koala's are hot, who knows. 

I thank you, Ardie, I appreciate the compliment.  You just became my 400th fan!  Thank-you so very much.  And Cris, isn't it fantastic when fellow hubbers e-mail you for advice or to thank you for comments you've made on their hubs?  It makes me feel all warm and mushy inside.

My avatar used to be a picture of myself, but I found it disturbing to go to my pages and see myself plastered all over the internet.  Plus, living in a fairly large city, I was afraid someone would recognize me.  (Yeah, right.)  Thanks, guys, your funnies made my day.

--- Nicole A. Winter

10. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 15 years ago

I've been getting mail off and on from HP that is just... weird. One email from someone I never heard of saying I had been chosen as the lucky person he would first meet in person from Hub Pages. (Oh goody! I'm thinking, probable serial killer...) And then weird spammy emails, as well as a request from a guy who wanted to pay me to write his hubs. I told him to write his own hubs. Why would anyone do that anyway? It took me 10 months to get one dinky Adsense payout! LOL!

I don't get too many creepy love type emails because I'm old, but I get other creepy emails. And spam. I get more spam from hubbers I don't know than I did when I first started here.

1. Dorsi profile image88
      Dorsiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I got one of those too!! Someone wanted to pay me to publish their hubs!!! No thanks!!

1. TheMoneyGuy profile image69
        TheMoneyGuyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Me too I have gotten all the little spam jobs lately. 

TMG

11. Nicole Winter profile image59

You *are not* old, PGrundy... btw, check out Jimmy's post titled My Wife is Gonna Kill me, apparently the same person, (Loveth,) wrote him and a couple of other people as well the same exact letter!  I feel so used sad  I can't believe someone tried to "pay" you to write their hubs... what a bozo!

--- Nicole A. Winter

12. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 15 years ago

I'm glad I haven't received any creepy fan letters. Most of the emails were pretty nice. And some of them became really good friends too. smile  Oh but there are a lot of weird emails about money and sex stuff (in my other email account though).  sad

13. Drop Bear profile image60
    Drop Bearposted 15 years ago

Oh dear Nicole, I'm not surprised that a hawt looking girl like you gets fan mail.
    I've had creepy fan mail from humans too. Like the one from gamergirl asking about my mating habits.

I normally have nothing to do with koalas, but you can come up and share my branch ANYTIME. If only so that I can answer gamergirl's impertinent request that's in the comments on my hub.

Cheers, D.B.

(Just don't walk under my tree unannounced if you decide to pay me a visit)

1. Nicole Winter profile image59
      Nicole Winterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Dude... that picture is terrifying!  ROFL.  Too funny, thanks, Drop Bear! 

BTW, all, fellow hubber Tatjana-Mihaela wrote this hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/how-to-flirt-female-writer

She received the same e-mail as well, check out her hub!

--- Nicole A. Winter

14. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

I got a creepy fan mail a couple months ago. I just didn't reply. They never bugged me again.

15. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

IDK, I delete such emails on daily basis, especially for my accounts on Russian sites. What's the fuss all about? lol

1. profile image0
      pgrundyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

No big deal at all, for me it's just weird because I didn't start getting HP spam until about a month or so ago.

But it's not a problem. I just delete it too.

16. profile image0
    Rainbow Briteposted 15 years ago

Thankfully, I've never had creepy fan mail (just the usual spammers - "Nice hub" which makes me crazy), but today is my first day in the forums.....and I think it's kinda creepy that you can click on that "xx number of posts" link and see everything a person has said in the forums about anything.  I mean, ok, I get it, this is a public place and anything and everything you post can and will be read by anyone, but I've spent a lot of time in my "IRL" life dealing with stalkers and other such creepy people....and something like that will only make it easier for someone to get to you.  I know I'm paranoid, lol, it's okay.

17. Cris A profile image59
    Cris Aposted 15 years ago

Finally I got one creepy fanmail, the adult-oriented kind  - and I thought I wasn't interesting enough to be "creeped"! I had fun reading but did not bother to reply... online relationships is just not my cup of tea! LOL Now I'm going to check the sender/hubber's profile! cool

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)